Author Topic: EBMM JP6 XX (20th Anniversary)  (Read 869 times)

Offline eddyrox

EBMM JP6 XX (20th Anniversary)
« on: February 17, 2023, 08:17:24 AM »
Newbie to the forum here - saw there is another thread on this topic but the AI suggested to start a new thread (?)...
Apologies in advance!

Anyway, wanted to say that the new JP6 is incredible in terms of playability, function especially, and sounds HUGE.
I am an Ibanez/Suhr/Anderson guy, but the new EBMM JP6 XX kicks all kinds of AZZ!!

Since the Ernie Ball Forum is really not actively talking about the Petrucci sig's i thought the DTF might be a better place to post ;) :metal

thanks for letting me rave on!
mike.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: EBMM JP6 XX (20th Anniversary)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 08:54:32 AM »
I played one last year, and it is a pretty sick guitar. However, I have to say that the forearm scoop, or whatever is called, is a bit....exaggerated in my opinion. It just feels like it could be slightly smaller. But overall, it is a good guitar.

On an unrelated note: Tosin Abasi is with Ernie Ball now? Did not know that, cool looking guitar
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline eddyrox

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 01:57:59 PM »
totally agreed - my co-lead guitarist said the same (he's Suhr/Anderson guy) :P
Re: Tosin that is a total win for EBMM but he also has his own competing brand of guitars, so i guess that is a WIN for us as fans LOL!

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 11:24:20 AM »
Love the color on that one and wish they made it in the JP15 shape, which I find to be more elegant and modern looking that the original.

Offline eddyrox

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 01:56:03 PM »
awesomeness! the JP15 is a killer axe

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 01:41:12 AM »
I've never had a chance to try out any JP models or any EBMM guitars. If I had a choice, I'd probably lean towards the Majesties because of the ergonomics and neck through body with no heel on the back.
I'm sure I'd be happy with the JP 6, 12, or 15 though.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 07:56:06 AM »
I've never had a chance to try out any JP models or any EBMM guitars. If I had a choice, I'd probably lean towards the Majesties because of the ergonomics and neck through body with no heel on the back.

One cool thing is that the JP has been willing to experiment with things in each iteration. The JP12 has essentially a flat fingerboard, while the 15 is slightly more curved. The JPX had larger frets and more control options. The Majesty is the pinnacle, if only I could get past how it looks  :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 10:51:44 AM »

One cool thing is that the JP has been willing to experiment with things in each iteration. The JP12 has essentially a flat fingerboard, while the 15 is slightly more curved. The JPX had larger frets and more control options. The Majesty is the pinnacle, if only I could get past how it looks  :lol
Ha! Yeah the big upper horn is hard to overlook.  It looks better wit the burst finishes, as the black around the outer edges creates an illusion of looking more proportional.  The ember glow, Titan Blue, and Nebula are the coolest looking of the bunch.  :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP