Author Topic: Artificial Intelligence - ChatGPT  (Read 9691 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Artificial Intelligence - ChatGPT
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2023, 07:55:50 AM »
No one ever calls anything dangerous until it's too late.

I agree with the Wall-E comment.  That's where we're headed, not Skynet.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2023, 07:58:26 AM »
Just visited the site but it says it is at capacity.

I was going to ask it to write  Steel Panther song about dongs.

Interesting. AI with morals. Thanks for trying!

I just saw this; what if offensive content is in perfect alignment with your morals and values?!?  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2023, 08:04:35 AM »
That's interesting.

I think we are seeing the birth of TARS from Interstellar  :lol Or JARVIS from Iron Man

HAL from 2001?

Just like any technology, it will be used for good, and for nefarious purposes.  P.S.  I used ChatGPT to write the birthday message to Mrs.Jingle that I posted on her FB page.  :lol

It already is, based on the above.  I'm no fan of the NRA, but I also know that some of the hate directed against it is manufactured to further the ideological agenda, not to actually critique legitimate concerns about the organization itself (hint: to undermine the NRA isn't JUST about guns; those politicians that get support from the NRA vote on OTHER issues too). To game the system to assume it's "bad" right out the gate is nefarious in my view.   My father, a moral, law-abiding citizen up until his death, was a lifetime member of the NRA and understood/accepted that there was both good aspects and not so good aspects in that organization, depending on your point of view, but also that nothing is perfect. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2023, 08:53:41 AM »
We've had this before; we've always had that dance between efficiency and laziness.   Handheld calculators were going to be the end of civilizations - the abacus is dead, long live the abacus! - but there was an element that calculators only spit out good data if good data was put in. The user still had to know the formulas and the science behind the math.  They didn't end the world.  TV and phones, at least initially, the same way.  You still had to have a conversation even if it was over the phone; there was benefit to not being in person, but only limited.  We've passed the rubicon, now, in that we're not using the machines as tools to aid what we would be doing otherwise; we've let the machine supplant not just our ACTIVITY, but our THINKING.   

We don't do enough of our own thinking as it is, and add to that the predilection for so many of our fellow citizens to be predators rather than peers, and this is not going to end well.  What do you think someone like Kiwi Farm will do with this technology?  This won't be Skynet, but only because government doesn't have to do it, the citizenry will dois already doing it for them. 

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2023, 09:22:00 AM »
So far I think the biggest limitation with ChatGPT is the way you input data to it. A single line to type in is not super friendly to larger things. When I can tell it to look at a spreadsheet of data, analyze it in a certain way, and spit out a report, then it will start to be useful to me. I'm sure we're not far off from that. And at that point my technicians who are doing hands on work that would be hard to automate will have more job security than me.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2023, 09:36:31 AM »
 ;D

As an avid fan of Dream Theater, I had always wanted to connect with like-minded individuals who shared my passion for their music. So when I discovered the Dream Theater forum online, I was thrilled. I spent hours reading posts, sharing my own thoughts and engaging in discussions with other members.

One member of the forum, Stadler, had always stood out to me. He was an outspoken and well-respected member, known for his insightful commentary and deep knowledge of the band's music. I had read many of his posts and admired his opinions and perspective. When I learned that he was going to be attending a concert in my area, I jumped at the opportunity to meet him in person.

On the night of the concert, I arrived early and eagerly made my way to the designated meeting spot. When Stadler finally arrived, I approached him with a big smile and introduced myself. But as I started to talk to him, I realized that something was off. He seemed uninterested in what I had to say, and his responses were short and dismissive.

I tried to engage him in conversation, asking him about his thoughts on the show, but he seemed more interested in checking his phone than talking to me. It was clear that he didn't share my enthusiasm for meeting other fans, and the encounter left me feeling deflated and disappointed.

As I walked away from the encounter, I couldn't help but feel disillusioned. I had always admired Stadler and looked up to him as a knowledgeable and passionate fan, but meeting him in person had shattered my expectations. It was as if the person behind the online persona was a completely different person.

But as I thought more about it, I realized that I had put too much weight on meeting Stadler. The Dream Theater forum had brought together a community of people who shared a love of the band's music, and while Stadler was an important part of that community, he was just one person. In the end, it was the music that brought us all together, and that was what mattered most.

While meeting Stadler may not have been the transformative experience that I had hoped for, it taught me an important lesson about the power of community and the importance of not putting too much pressure on meeting our idols. At the end of the day, we are all just fans, united by our love for the music.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2023, 10:15:25 AM »
Was that a ChatGPT post?  :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2023, 10:21:00 AM »
Was that a ChatGPT post?  :rollin

I'd bet next week's paycheque on it.

"meeting him in person had shattered my expectations"   :rollin :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2023, 10:21:40 AM »
Preach!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2023, 10:26:23 AM »
Curious what the prompt was for it  :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online faizoff

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2023, 10:32:55 AM »
@soupytwist, that is hilarious!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2023, 10:52:21 AM »
I think ChatGPT and AI in general is the wave of the future!  :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2023, 12:00:15 PM »
So far I think the biggest limitation with ChatGPT is the way you input data to it. A single line to type in is not super friendly to larger things. When I can tell it to look at a spreadsheet of data, analyze it in a certain way, and spit out a report, then it will start to be useful to me. I'm sure we're not far off from that. And at that point my technicians who are doing hands on work that would be hard to automate will have more job security than me.

Yeah, you can't throw data at it, but it is more than a single line to type in.  You can type mulitple statements in and then continue chatting with the bot to further improve whatever you want it to spit out. 

I actually used this to write my last two instagram posts, it even spit out emojis and hastags.  My girlfriend notices though, she asked why I wrote the post so differently  :lol  she didn't catch it on the valentines day card though

Offline jammindude

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2023, 01:05:33 PM »

Yeah, you can't throw data at it, but it is more than a single line to type in.  You can type mulitple statements in and then continue chatting with the bot to further improve whatever you want it to spit out. 

I actually used this to write my last two instagram posts, it even spit out emojis and hastags.  My girlfriend notices though, she asked why I wrote the post so differently  :lol  she didn't catch it on the valentines day card though

IDK, I did a class work assignment where I had to respond to an email from an angry customer, and there were multiple parameters required in my response.  I gave Chat the email plus ALL the parameters I needed, and it hit every point.

I’d say that I threw it quite a bit of data (not technical data but still) and it came through with flying colors.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2023, 03:18:37 PM »
Edited for now
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 03:40:44 PM by soupytwist »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2023, 03:25:06 PM »
Chat GPT is a general purpose model for the masses, it won't take long to see dedicated (commercial) ai's that will change a looot of jobs going forward, in official capacity.

And yes I think this stuff is scary on many levels.

Offline Adami

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2023, 03:32:57 PM »

Adami, Stadler, Hefdaddy42, and Jammindude were the best of friends. They had grown up together, gone to school together, and even went to college together. They shared everything with each other, from their deepest fears to their wildest dreams.

One night, the four friends decided to go camping in the deep woods. They set up their tents and built a campfire. They laughed, told ghost stories, and drank beer. But as the night went on, something strange began to happen. They started to turn on each other.

At first, it was just small arguments. Adami accused Stadler of hogging the beer. Stadler accused Hefdaddy42 of cheating at poker. Hefdaddy42 accused Jammindude of stealing his flashlight. But soon, the arguments became more heated, and the accusations more serious.

Adami accused Stadler of having an affair with his girlfriend. Stadler accused Hefdaddy42 of stealing his wallet. Hefdaddy42 accused Jammindude of plotting to kill him. Jammindude accused Adami of being a spy for the government.

As the night wore on, the accusations turned into violence. Adami and Stadler got into a fistfight. Hefdaddy42 pulled out a knife and threatened Jammindude. Jammindude grabbed a rock and smashed it over Adami's head.

In the end, only one of them was left standing. It was Hefdaddy42. He looked around at the carnage that surrounded him, at the blood on his hands and the bodies of his former friends lying around him. He realized with horror what he had done.

Hefdaddy42 collapsed to the ground and began to weep. He was alone, surrounded by the bodies of his former friends. He realized that in the end, their fear and suspicion had turned them against each other, and they had all paid the ultimate price.

Tony Roe
Write a psychological horror story about 4 friends Adami, Stadler, Hefdaddy42 and Jammindude at a dream theater concert who turn on each other until there is only one left

Adami, Stadler, Hefdaddy42, and Jammindude were all huge fans of Dream Theater. When they heard the band was playing a concert in their city, they jumped at the chance to see them live. They bought tickets and eagerly awaited the night of the concert.

As they entered the venue, they were all filled with excitement. The lights were low, and the crowd was buzzing with anticipation. They found their seats and settled in to watch the show.

But as the band began to play, something strange started to happen. The music seemed to get louder and louder, until it felt like it was pounding inside their heads. The lights began to flicker and pulse, casting strange shadows around the room.

Adami started to feel anxious. He felt like he was being watched. He turned to Stadler and asked if he felt it too. Stadler just shrugged and said he was too into the music to notice anything else.

But as the concert continued, the feelings of unease grew stronger. Hefdaddy42 started to get paranoid. He thought he saw someone in the shadows, watching them. Jammindude was starting to feel dizzy and disoriented. He tried to stand up, but his legs wouldn't move.

As the music reached its climax, the four friends began to turn on each other. Adami accused Stadler of stealing his wallet. Stadler accused Hefdaddy42 of trying to sabotage the concert. Hefdaddy42 accused Jammindude of being possessed by a demon. Jammindude accused Adami of trying to kill him.

The accusations turned into violence. Adami and Stadler got into a fistfight, knocking over chairs and sending other concertgoers running for cover. Hefdaddy42 pulled out a knife and lunged at Jammindude. Jammindude fought back, grabbing the knife and plunging it into Hefdaddy42's chest.

In the end, only one of them was left standing. It was Jammindude. He looked around at the chaos and destruction that surrounded him, at the bodies of his former friends lying motionless on the ground. He realized with horror what he had done.

Jammindude collapsed to the ground and began to sob. He was alone, surrounded by the ruins of what was supposed to be a fun night out with his friends. He realized that the music had somehow gotten inside their heads, amplifying their fears and insecurities until they turned on each other. He knew he would never be able to forget what had happened that night, and the guilt and horror would haunt him for the rest of his life.

I find this DEEPLY offensive.

Me serving on the Discovery? Get out!!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2023, 03:42:35 PM »
You quoted after my messy edit.  But yeah better than the writers of Picard, hey  ;D

Offline Adami

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2023, 03:44:30 PM »
You quoted after my messy edit.  But yeah better than the writers of Picard, hey  ;D

This is true.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2023, 04:27:17 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I’m dying!!  :rollin :rollin

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2023, 08:14:43 PM »
It's ironic that ChatGPT goes to such great lengths to verify that you're human. I had to go through three different captchas. They're also collecting way too much damned information. It might be fun to play around with but they're not getting a valid phone number, along with name and email. Wouldn't bet against them demanding a cheek swab, as well. Exactly the sort of site I want nothing to do with.

God damn shame, too. I was really looking forward to an Aussie drinking song for waiters to sing while dancing around the burned out corpses of the patrons they murder.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2023, 08:16:24 PM »
Recently, I was in a meeting with a team of some electrical inspectors and we were discussing some of the updates to the upcoming electrical code. There were some things at a state level that we wanted to make local amendments on and I had some opinions on that subject, so I was asked to rough draft a submission for an amendment to the electrical code at the state level.

I had *no idea* where to start. So I gathered all the parameters and “handed it to my assistant, Chad”  :D  In seconds (with a light tweak) I had exactly what I was looking for.

It was particularly handy in this case because you have to remember that the electrical code is a legal document. Submitting the wrong thing in the wrong language, and you could be waiting three years down the line for the next code cycle to give it your second try.

I also needed to write a small letter to our local lawyer to ask him some legal questions about our municipal code. And it helped me write that email.

I’m starting to view chatGPT as my own personal “secretary“. Like when a CEO of a corporation asks his secretary to draw up a letter and gives her all the parameters of what he wants it to say. Then he proofreads it to make sure it accurately conveys exactly what he wants to say, maybe suggests some changes, and then signs it and sends it out.  I don’t see how this is any different than that.

Welcome to the future
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline jammindude

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2023, 08:59:59 PM »
It's ironic that ChatGPT goes to such great lengths to verify that you're human. I had to go through three different captchas. They're also collecting way too much damned information. It might be fun to play around with but they're not getting a valid phone number, along with name and email. Wouldn't bet against them demanding a cheek swab, as well. Exactly the sort of site I want nothing to do with.

God damn shame, too. I was really looking forward to an Aussie drinking song for waiters to sing while dancing around the burned out corpses of the patrons they murder.

Sorry EB. I tried. But I just the “I can’t write offensive stuff” answer.

Now I’m pretty on a hate speech list somewhere.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2023, 09:04:12 PM »
But on the bright side, I did ask it to just write me in a Australian drinking song, and what it came up with was pretty good:

Sure, here's a fun Australian drinking song for you:

Verse 1:
Oh, have you heard the news from down under,
Where the skies are blue and the beer's like thunder,
There's a place where mateship's always true,
And we like to have a drink or two.

Chorus:
So here's to the land of the southern cross,
Where the sun shines bright and the beer is boss,
We'll raise a glass and have a cheer,
For Australia, the land we hold so dear.

Verse 2:
From the outback to the coast we roam,
We'll make new friends and we'll call them our own,
We'll gather round and we'll have a laugh,
And we'll share a drink from an old tin bath.

Chorus:

Verse 3:
The kangaroo hops and the emu runs,
The koala sleeps in the midday sun,
The crocodile lies in wait to strike,
But we're too busy drinking to take fright.

Chorus:

Verse 4:
So when we're old and grey and frail,
We'll still recall the times we prevailed,
We'll sing this song with our final breath,
And we'll raise a glass to life and death.

Chorus:
For Australia, the land we hold so dear

Offline emtee

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2023, 01:34:17 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bings-ai-bot-tells-reporter-wants-alive-steal-nuclear-codes-create-deadly-virus

This is scary. So many questions. If these responses come from mined data, doesn't it make sense that it's mirroring us? Does this indicate that AI has determined that we are inherently evil?

I'm about 3/4 done with my 5th novel, titled Singularity Revelation, and let's just say without spilling the beans that this subject ties into my story.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2023, 06:47:48 AM »

Weird, when I signed up all it asked for was an email (which I used my secondary email I have for accounts I don't care or need).

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bings-ai-bot-tells-reporter-wants-alive-steal-nuclear-codes-create-deadly-virus

This is scary. So many questions. If these responses come from mined data, doesn't it make sense that it's mirroring us? Does this indicate that AI has determined that we are inherently evil?

I'm about 3/4 done with my 5th novel, titled Singularity Revelation, and let's just say without spilling the beans that this subject ties into my story.
That's a terrifyingly specific response by the AI  :eek
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2023, 07:53:50 AM »

Here's an idea; let's ban guns, and let the people that are so frustrated, insecure and desperate that they would kill a mall full of strangers, and let them play on the internet instead.  I don't mean this as a joke, or to be insensitive; I'm dead serious.  We're already well into the "zone" where human existence, human technology, and human society are well beyond what many (most?) of our brains can effectively handle without some help.   Can you imagine the Dylann Roof's of the world being enticed by an AI bot that tells him she loves him and that they should team up and create havoc?  Guns will be the least of our concerns.

We're spending a significant amount of time in advancing artificial intellect; we should be spending at lease a commensurate amount of that time in advancing human intellectual wellness. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2023, 10:02:52 AM »

Weird, when I signed up all it asked for was an email (which I used my secondary email I have for accounts I don't care or need).

I just used my google account.  I think *some* of the data collecting (I didn't read any TOS so I actually have no idea how much data they collect) may be necessary because all this usage is actually going into the data to be used to further improve the bot.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2023, 03:46:42 PM »

Didn't initially see this

If you want ChatCPT to work on some larger thing, something that can help is to step through it bit by bit. Like start with one part of it that's pretty simple, then tell ChatGPT - now take it and do this. And it is more likely to be able to understand how to combine those things together.
Over and over again

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2023, 03:48:28 PM »
Sorry EB. I tried. But I just the “I can’t write offensive stuff” answer.

Now I’m pretty on a hate speech list somewhere.

Welcome to the club
Over and over again

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2023, 09:36:13 AM »
Well, I'll take it!  :rollin

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2023, 10:10:51 AM »

I watched on TikTok one user that presented one AI that can do exactly what you are telling out of a PDF. I’ll try to find the name of it and put it here.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2023, 11:56:59 AM »

Do you have published novels, emtee?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2023, 06:20:45 PM »

I watched on TikTok one user that presented one AI that can do exactly what you are telling out of a PDF. I’ll try to find the name of it and put it here.

It's called https://www.genei.io/ - 14 days trial

Offline emtee

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2023, 11:21:48 AM »

Do you have published novels, emtee?

Self published only. Writing is a cathartic release for me so I really don't care if I only sell a few hundred.
However, this new one is turning out, uh...pretty decent so I may take the time to send some queries.