Author Topic: Artificial Intelligence - ChatGPT  (Read 9460 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Artificial Intelligence - ChatGPT
« on: January 04, 2023, 07:35:44 AM »
I don't know if you all are aware of ChatGPT, this thing is super crazy.
I've been using it A LOT for a lot of things already. But today I woke up and said, OK, I will ask CHatGPT to create a couple of Marvel characters.

And here's what it has come up with:

Meet Eclipse, a young woman with the ability to harness and manipulate solar energy. Born with a rare genetic mutation, Eclipse discovered her powers at a young age when she was able to ignite a small flame in her palm. As she grew older and learned to control her abilities, Eclipse was able to harness the power of the sun itself, able to create intense beams of light and heat, as well as generate protective solar shields.

Eclipse is a confident and determined hero, using her powers to protect the innocent and fight for justice. However, she struggles with the burden of her abilities, feeling a constant pressure to use them for the greater good. Eclipse also grapples with the fear that she may one day lose control of her powers and cause unintentional harm.

In addition to her solar abilities, Eclipse is also a skilled hand-to-hand combatant, having trained in various martial arts disciplines. She is quick on her feet and strategic in her fights, using her powers to enhance her physical abilities and outmaneuver her opponents.

Eclipse is a complex and nuanced character, struggling with the weight of her responsibilities as a hero while also struggling to find her place in the world. Will she be able to find balance and harness her powers for the greater good, or will the pressure prove to be too much? Only time will tell.

Eclipse, whose real name is Lucas Thompson, is a 26-year-old mutant with the ability to absorb and manipulate solar energy. He is the oldest of three siblings and the only one with mutant powers. His younger sister, Emily, is a talented artist and musician, while his younger brother, Jason, is a gifted engineer and inventor.

Eclipse's parents, Jessica and Andrew Thompson, are both scientists who work at a government-funded research facility. They are supportive of their children's talents and encourage them to pursue their passions, but they also worry about the dangers and discrimination that come with being mutants.

Eclipse is close to his siblings and values their bond, but he sometimes feels guilty for being the "black sheep" of the family due to his powers. He tries to protect them from harm, but he also struggles with self-acceptance and the responsibility that comes with his abilities.

Antagonists:

The Shapeshifter: This antagonist has the ability to transform into any living being, including humans, animals, and even mythical creatures. They can manipulate their appearance and abilities to fit any situation, making them a formidable opponent for Eclipse.

The Shapeshifter, whose real name is Samantha Johnson, is a formidable villain with the ability to transform into any living being, both animal and human. She is a master of disguise and can adapt to any situation, making her almost impossible to track and capture. Samantha was once a member of a secret government agency, but turned against them after feeling mistreated and undervalued. She now uses her powers for personal gain and will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Despite her villainous actions, Samantha is highly intelligent and calculated, always thinking several steps ahead of her enemies. She is also highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat, having trained in various martial arts disciplines. Samantha is a formidable foe, and it will take all of Eclipse's strength and wit to bring her down.

The Mind Reader: This antagonist has the ability to read and control the thoughts and emotions of others. They can use this power to manipulate and deceive their enemies, making it difficult for Eclipse to trust anyone around them.

The Mind Reader, also known as Simon St. John, is a formidable foe for Eclipse and the rest of the Marvel universe. Born with the ability to read and manipulate the thoughts of others, Simon quickly learned to use his power for personal gain. As a young man, he became a successful con artist, using his abilities to read his marks and bend them to his will. But as he grew older, his ambitions grew as well, and he began to use his powers for more nefarious purposes. He became a master manipulator, able to sway entire crowds with his words and bend politicians to his will. With the power of the Mind Reader on his side, Simon St. John is a force to be reckoned with, and Eclipse will have to use all of her strength and cunning to defeat him.

Eclipse's partners:

Meet Fireheart, a young woman with the ability to control and manipulate flames. As a child, Fireheart discovered her powers when she accidentally set her bedroom curtains on fire while having a nightmare. After the incident, she learned to control her powers and even harness them for good, using her abilities to help those in need and fight crime.

Fireheart is a mysterious and powerful superhero with the ability to control and manipulate flames. She can create fireballs and fire blasts, as well as increase the intensity and temperature of her flames. She can also shape and mold fire into various forms and use it as a weapon or shield. Fireheart has a strong sense of justice and will stop at nothing to protect the innocent and defend the weak. She is fiercely independent and can be stubborn at times, but ultimately cares deeply for her fellow heroes and the greater good. Despite her fiery powers, Fireheart has a warm and compassionate heart, often using her flames to heal or comfort those in need. She is a formidable ally in any battle, but also struggles with the weight of her abilities and the fear of losing control.

And then there is The Phantom, a mysterious and elusive superhero with the ability to turn invisible at will. The Phantom uses her powers to sneak behind enemy lines and gather valuable information for her team. She is highly skilled in martial arts and a master of stealth, making her a valuable asset in any mission. Despite her tough exterior, The Phantom has a soft spot for animals and often uses her powers to defend and protect them.

The Phantom is a mysterious hero who has the power of invisibility and the ability to phase through solid objects. He is fiercely loyal to Eclipse and will do anything to protect her and the rest of the team. He has a strong sense of justice and is not afraid to take on the toughest of villains. Despite his enigmatic nature, The Phantom has a warm and compassionate heart, always striving to help those in need. He is a skilled fighter and often uses his powers to catch his enemies off guard. The Phantom is also highly intelligent and is able to strategize and plan out his battles with precision. He is a valuable asset to Eclipse and the team, and his presence is often a surprise to their foes.

Now I think I am gonna use ChatGPT to create a whole story around these characters.

--

Have you guys used it?

Offline faizoff

Re: Artificial Intelligence - ChatGPT
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 08:16:11 AM »
Have it do album reviews for you  ;D
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 08:30:17 AM »
Have it do album reviews for you  ;D

haha that would be awesome, but it only works with information up until 2021.

If you ask it who won the World Cup on Qatar 2022 it says that it hasn't happened yet.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 08:32:26 AM »
Did Eclipse change from a female to a male in there?

Also can't say I'm terribly impressed by anything I've seen from it. It's a novel little tool, but I don't see it as super helpful beyond providing templates.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 09:06:23 AM »
Did Eclipse change from a female to a male in there?

Also can't say I'm terribly impressed by anything I've seen from it. It's a novel little tool, but I don't see it as super helpful beyond providing templates.

I changed the prompt so it changed from female to male.

I wrote this article with ChatGPT, I think it is really well written, and really helpful:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13dhSHBRrop7toKSDFt9KnQ1Ng3j5PM3jEJyIGr2VOWY/edit

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 09:10:37 AM »
My brother has told me he has used it to help him code.  I've heard lots of real life usages so far.  Sounds pretty scary to me though.  I haven't personally used it.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 05:08:22 PM »
I saw a news story on this a week or two ago, and how it’s a huge concern that students will be using it to write essays.  It will supposedly be virtually undetectable that they are cheating.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 10:59:44 PM »
The future is now

Learning to use tools like this will define if you are able to prosper in the coming years
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 07:32:17 AM »
I saw a news story on this a week or two ago, and how it’s a huge concern that students will be using it to write essays.  It will supposedly be virtually undetectable that they are cheating.

There's an AI content detector

https://crossplag.com/ai-content-detector/

And that one is not the only one. There are a bunch that can detect content created with AI. I think the use cases for this are broader than for writing essays for school.

I agree with you ReasPsTA, the future is now.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 07:34:37 AM »
This type of thing along with rapidly improving deepfake technology make for a pretty scary future IMO
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 07:55:44 AM »
The future is now, but as stated, the future is also pretty fucking scary with AI. 

And as I mentioned, programmers are using it to write code.  Basically, do their job for them (not completely, but it's starting the process of phasing out engineer level type workers, not your McDonald's register workers which has already been happening).

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 08:09:39 AM »
As a developer, here are my two cents...

ChatGPT is actually a super useful tool but still far from being a "replacement". Calling it "AI" is actually a bit of a misnomer, IMO. The term that feels more appropriate to me is "machine learning", because all it can do is collect information on the Internet and present it to the user in a way that makes it sounds more intelligent than it really is. An AI would require independent thinking and decision making.
Sometimes, ChatGPT is SUPER wrong - but presents it as the one and only truth, probably because someone on the Internet has said it is. :lol

However, why I called it super useful is because I can treat it like something like Stack Overflow (a forum for developers asking questions and giving answers) - something to point you in the right direction but not give you the complete answer. And I strongly believe that we are far, far from a Terminator future. :yarr
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 08:17:08 AM »
Yeah, it's not really "there" yet, but this is still an intro phase

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2023, 08:34:55 AM »
As a developer, here are my two cents...

ChatGPT is actually a super useful tool but still far from being a "replacement". Calling it "AI" is actually a bit of a misnomer, IMO. The term that feels more appropriate to me is "machine learning", because all it can do is collect information on the Internet and present it to the user in a way that makes it sounds more intelligent than it really is. An AI would require independent thinking and decision making.
Sometimes, ChatGPT is SUPER wrong - but presents it as the one and only truth, probably because someone on the Internet has said it is. :lol

However, why I called it super useful is because I can treat it like something like Stack Overflow (a forum for developers asking questions and giving answers) - something to point you in the right direction but not give you the complete answer. And I strongly believe that we are far, far from a Terminator future. :yarr

I asked CHatGPT is it connects to the internet to collect the information, here's the answer:

As a large language model, I have been trained on a dataset that was compiled from the internet. However, I do not have the ability to browse the internet or access new information beyond what I was trained on. Is there something specific you'd like to know about? I'll do my best to help with the information I have.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2023, 11:27:30 AM »

And that one is not the only one. There are a bunch that can detect content created with AI. I think the use cases for this are broader than for writing essays for school.

These tools will be defeated.

I asked ChatGPT to write me a few rap verses about the exploitation of the coffee trade and the tool you linked said it was only 1% AI. So we're already not off to a great start.

Also - Part of what OpenAI's product purports to due is generate text with some kind of hidden, underlying pattern that can be detected if you know what the pattern is.

In the long term, none of it will matter. If Stable Diffusion can exist, at some point a text model will be trained that's not under OpenAI's puritanical thumb. Instead of getting the kind of stale, "safe" text that OpenAI prefers, it will actually be able to come up with things that feel human.
Over and over again

Offline emtee

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2023, 12:19:32 PM »
The AI singularity is not too far away.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 01:06:13 PM »
This type of thing along with rapidly improving deepfake technology make for a pretty scary future IMO
Used purely for entertainment, it's amazing, but otherwise I agree fully. And given human nature, there's NO doubt that this and deep fake stuff going to be abused by people, especially powerful individuals with a specific agenda.

And on the flip side, in time I can imagine some of these things that are supposed to detect AI generated stuff incorrectly ID'ing legitimate stuff too.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2023, 01:16:06 PM »
Used purely for entertainment, it's amazing, but otherwise I agree fully. And given human nature, there's NO doubt that this and deep fake stuff going to be abused by people, especially powerful individuals with a specific agenda.

We will come up with new ways to filter through BS and/or people will be forced to think critically about what they're seeing.

The idea that people are too dumb to discern reality is cope used by people who don't want to deal with the hard questions about what kind of society would have to be built in order to foster this ability. I know smart people who have no common sense and have seen dumb people with functioning BS detectors. It's not an intelligence issue.

And on the flip side, in time I can imagine some of these things that are supposed to detect AI generated stuff incorrectly ID'ing legitimate stuff too.

YEP

And I think those false positives will sink the AI detection industry pretty quickly.
Over and over again

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2023, 01:31:22 PM »
We will come up with new ways to filter through BS and/or people will be forced to think critically about what they're seeing.

The idea that people are too dumb to discern reality is cope used by people who don't want to deal with the hard questions about what kind of society would have to be built in order to foster this ability. I know smart people who have no common sense and have seen dumb people with functioning BS detectors. It's not an intelligence issue.
And therein lies a major problem: too many people are happy to believe stuff or at least accept it as long as it doesn't affect them personally. Happens all the time. So I doubt most people will be "forced to think critically".
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2023, 01:41:16 PM »

And therein lies a major problem: too many people are happy to believe stuff or at least accept it as long as it doesn't affect them personally. Happens all the time. So I doubt most people will be "forced to think critically".

We torture ourselves as a society to come up with ways to shield people from the consequences of not paying attention. "Trusted sources", product regulations/warning labels, and abstraction of significant life-altering decisions from the individual.

AI is going to rip those guardrails away.
Over and over again

Offline emtee

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2023, 12:13:32 PM »
This is all over news sources now. Almost every day I'm seeing stories on it. Fascinating stuff with equally fascinating pros and cons.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2023, 12:18:33 PM »
My brother confessed to me over the weekend.  He had used this to write a Christmas card for my mother.  My mom cried when she read it  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 01:32:04 PM »

it works in reverse too; there are a ton of people that are happy to believe stuff or accept it because it DIRECTLY affects them personally ("corporations are bad" for example).    Either way, we still get the same lack of incentive to "think critically".

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2023, 07:13:02 AM »
I absolutely hate this.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2023, 07:37:33 AM »
Just for fun, I tried this thing and asked for "sad lyrics to a song about autumn" and this is what I got:

Verse 1:
Autumn leaves are falling down
Reminding me of you
The colors of the season now
Are just a pale shades of blue

Chorus:
In this autumn of my heart
I feel so all alone
With memories that just won't depart
And a heart that's turned to stone

Verse 2:
The chill in the air cuts like a knife
And the wind just makes it worse
Everywhere I look, it's just not right
It's like I'm living in a curse

Chorus:
I feel so all alone

Bridge:
I thought time would heal the pain
But it's just making it worse
And I'm stuck here in the pouring rain
With my heart in a hearse

Chorus:
I feel so all alone

Outro:
So I'll just watch the autumn leaves fall
And try to find my way
But it seems like every road I take
Leads me further from the day.

brb, I got some music to write  :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2023, 07:40:52 AM »
That's especially awesome when you picture Poison performing it.

Offline emtee

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2023, 07:43:07 AM »
Haha. Ask for Steel Panther lyrics.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2023, 08:05:20 AM »
Haha. Ask for Steel Panther lyrics.

Verse 1:
I walked into the club, and I knew what I'd find
A sea of hot girls, all of them mine
With their high heels and tight jeans on
I knew I had found my dawn

Chorus:
Baby, let's rock and roll
Gonna party all night long
Gonna get you in the zone
And turn this place into our home

Verse 2:
I walked up to the bar, and I ordered a drink
The bartender said, "What do you think?"
I said, "I think this place is the place to be
Gonna make all the ladies come to me"

Chorus:

Bridge:
Gonna turn this place into a wild scene
Gonna make you scream
Gonna make you feel alive
Gonna rock and roll all night

Chorus:

Outro:
So come on, let's rock and roll
Gonna make this place our home
And never let this night be gone.

:lol :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2023, 08:29:55 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2023, 08:35:12 AM »
I've used it a little and I think it's an interesting tool. It's not at the level of replacing all of the written word but it is interesting and helpful in some aspects.

We've started using snorkel ai at my job as we have an initiative to classify all of our financial docs and that tool is pretty incredible. I'm really excited to start using it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2023, 08:36:06 AM »
 :lol :lol at those lyrics, pretty good!

Offline emtee

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2023, 11:23:22 AM »
Awesome! No profanity or vulgarity but still priceless. Haha.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2023, 11:07:37 AM »
I had it wrote a song about Mike leaving the band:

Verse 1:
Once a part of something great
But now it seems so far away
A vision lost, a dream gone astray
A history we can never change

Chorus:
Why did you have to leave us, Mike?
Our drumming king, our heart and our beat
We miss your sound, your passion and your heat
Why did you have to go, oh why?

Verse 2:
Different paths, different roads to take
A new direction, a big mistake
Or was it just the time to break
From shadows cast, from bonds we made

Chorus:

Bridge:
We've moved on, but you'll always be
A part of us, a legacy
In every note, in every beat
You'll live forever, in our memories

Chorus:

Outro:
We'll keep on playing, till the end of time
With memories of you, forever in our minds
Your spirit lives on, in every drum line
You'll always be a part of the Dream Theater line.

Offline emtee

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2023, 11:17:48 AM »
Just visited the site but it says it is at capacity.

I was going to ask it to write  Steel Panther song about dongs.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2023, 11:59:31 AM »
I think this stuff is scary to be honest. A former colleague asked it about a subject of his phd research, as rather technical one, and he got a quite accurate summary that required very little effort to make it factual.

I think in a not so far future these ai's will make certain professions drastically different. Especially when specialised models are brought to the market, designed for specific types of text or (basic programming) tasks.

Fact is that students are already using it to make homework as well. And I would not be surprised the same applies to certain jobs.

I had it wrote a song about Mike leaving the band:

Verse 1:
Once a part of something great
But now it seems so far away
A vision lost, a dream gone astray
A history we can never change

Chorus:

Verse 2:
Different paths, different roads to take
A new direction, a big mistake
Or was it just the time to break
From shadows cast, from bonds we made

Chorus:

Bridge:
We've moved on, but you'll always be
A part of us, a legacy
In every note, in every beat
You'll live forever, in our memories

Chorus:

Outro:
We'll keep on playing, till the end of time
With memories of you, forever in our minds
Your spirit lives on, in every drum line
You'll always be a part of the Dream Theater line.

Come on AI. But nice effort. Now I am imagining James singing this  :P

« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 12:08:55 PM by ErHaO »