Author Topic: My Comic Book Coming Out in March 2023  (Read 3632 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: My Comic Book Coming Out in March 2023
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2023, 08:24:02 AM »
Still waiting on mine.  Hopefully pick it up tomorrow.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2023, 08:21:29 AM »

Hey, nice start!  I really enjoyed this first issue.  You've got me!  Looking forward to the next issue!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2023, 12:15:02 PM »

Hey, nice start!  I really enjoyed this first issue.  You've got me!  Looking forward to the next issue!

Awesome - thanks!  That means so much to me, Hef.  That's a great picture!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2023, 12:15:46 PM »
So, the first issue finally came out yesterday.  Got my copy (along with the new Venom Lethal Protector miniseries # 1), but haven't had a chance to read it yet.  Hopefully I will get to it this weekend.  Pretty excited to give it a read.

Man, I can't thank you enough! 

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2023, 03:22:57 PM »
I hadn't received this and when I enquired my comic shop somehow had lost my order - but they're back on the case! So with any luck it'll be here this week. 🙂
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2023, 10:15:45 PM »
I hadn't received this and when I enquired my comic shop somehow had lost my order - but they're back on the case! So with any luck it'll be here this week. 🙂

Lost Not Forgotten.   :tup

Thanks!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2023, 08:14:00 PM »
For those interested, thought I'd share some cover artwork for the upcoming issues the Miracle Kingdom series:

Issue #2 (The Department of Divine Intervention)
Release Date June 21

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2023, 08:16:38 PM »
Issue #3
In-Store Release Date: July 19, 2023

Available for Pre-Order now through June 11, 2023.  Let's break the fourth wall!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2023, 08:22:55 PM »
Issue #3
In-Store Release Date: August 23, 2023

Available for Pre-Order now through July 17, 2023.  My personal favorite issue (and cover)!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:44:35 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2023, 08:55:40 AM »
I was wondering why my shop hadn't notified me of a new issue.

Because there hasn't been one yet lol

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2023, 03:27:53 PM »
A reminder that Issue #3 pre-orders must be made by this Sunday, June 11th.  Let your local comic shop (or online retailer) know that you don't want to miss out!

Also, the wait is almost over-- Issue #2 will be released in stores June 21.

And-- for anyone that missed out on Issue #1, it is available (along with some cool variant covers) in the Scout Comics webstore:   
https://www.scoutcomics.com/collections/miracle-kingdom/products/miracle-kingdom-1

Hope you enjoy.  And as always, thanks your support!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 10:05:36 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline billboy73

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2023, 12:54:36 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated!  Ready for issue 2!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2023, 10:07:15 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated!  Ready for issue 2!

Seems like Issue #2 might be delayed a bit, perhaps in stores on July 8th.  Same thing happened with Issue #1.  Log jam at the printers, I reckon.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2023, 12:01:30 PM »
Just got issue 2 from my LCS!  Hopefully there's not a long delay for issue 3.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2023, 05:35:09 PM »
Just got issue 2 from my LCS!  Hopefully there's not a long delay for issue 3.

Yup, Issue 2 hit stores.  Scout schedules a long delay between the 1st and 2nd issue to allow time for people to decide if they want to pre-order the series, since pre-orders need 3 months advance notice.  Otherwise, folks would be pre-ordering a series they had already decided they've got no interest in continuing.  But from here out, it will be monthly.  Issue 3 will be coming out in late August.   

Thanks for your support!!!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2023, 05:37:45 PM »
The wait is FINALLY over.  Issue 2 is in stores and available online.  Check out this variant cover which is only available via the Scout webstore.  Introducing Digby Rux, our Employee of Infinite Months:

https://www.scoutcomics.com/collections/miracle-kingdom

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2023, 05:41:35 PM »
Massive old-school comic book nerd here, and I've been meaning to stop by and tell you that I am astounded by your talent.

The book is incredibly solid, and I sincerely hope that your sitting on issue 2 of 200.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2023, 08:13:57 PM »
Massive old-school comic book nerd here, and I've been meaning to stop by and tell you that I am astounded by your talent.

The book is incredibly solid, and I sincerely hope that your sitting on issue 2 of 200.

Wow, man.  Thanks for the massive compliment!  Just trying to navigate a new world for me.  It's been tricky, with delays, disappointments, amazing euphoric lifts, major developments on the horizon (that I can't talk about yet) that could fall through or make a dream come true, depending on how the pieces come together.  But overall, its been a satisfying process.  Thanks for the boost, it helps keep me motivated.  Glad to connect with comic fans such as yourself.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2023, 08:34:07 PM »
I probably won't be able to check this out (overall busy with work about to start back up), and I am not a comic fan, but huge props to you. These look legitimately great on the surface. Also posting in case I find time and a little extra money to get these down the road.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2023, 08:37:55 AM »
Looking forward to finally getting my grubby little hands on issue # 2.

I am hitting Galaxy Con here in Raleigh this afternoon, and can hopefully swing by my comic shop to pick up my copy this weekend.

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2023, 08:49:05 AM »

Wow, man.  Thanks for the massive compliment!  Just trying to navigate a new world for me.  It's been tricky, with delays, disappointments, amazing euphoric lifts, major developments on the horizon (that I can't talk about yet) that could fall through or make a dream come true, depending on how the pieces come together.  But overall, its been a satisfying process.  Thanks for the boost, it helps keep me motivated.  Glad to connect with comic fans such as yourself.

As someone who has been a part of a number of album-releases, I know that feeling well, and your description is spot on.

I think, if I may be so bold, the difference here is that, as a longtime comic book fan, I think you've got the real deal on your hands. Obviously, it's all about finding an audience, but you can definitely hang your hat on the fact that you have a solid (ahem, original) title on your hands.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2023, 09:03:57 AM »
Gigantic comic fan here. Sadly, while I planned on picking up issue 1, I stopped my saver before it came out, and I missed out. I feel horrible.

I'll stop by my local shop the next few weekends and see if they have the first couple issues. If not, I'll order em from the Scout websotre. So happy for you RtK. I know how it feels to have your work in print. Congratulations!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2023, 01:08:50 PM »
Appreciate that WilliamMunny!  You've been on similar rides!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2023, 01:12:07 PM »
Gigantic comic fan here. Sadly, while I planned on picking up issue 1, I stopped my saver before it came out, and I missed out. I feel horrible.

I'll stop by my local shop the next few weekends and see if they have the first couple issues. If not, I'll order em from the Scout websotre. So happy for you RtK. I know how it feels to have your work in print. Congratulations!

Thanks Samsara! Hope you can pick up a copy one way or another. BTW, sounds like you've been published.  Anything we can check out?

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2023, 01:13:08 PM »
Looking forward to finally getting my grubby little hands on issue # 2.

I am hitting Galaxy Con here in Raleigh this afternoon, and can hopefully swing by my comic shop to pick up my copy this weekend.

This deserves the HefDaddy Emoji.  Thanks, bud.
 :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2023, 10:29:49 AM »

Thanks Samsara! Hope you can pick up a copy one way or another. BTW, sounds like you've been published.  Anything we can check out?

I have my first solo book coming out in March - Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997). I also co-wrote parts of Building An Empire: The Story of Queensr˙che, which published in 2021. I didn't write the main narrative, but I wrote a couple chapters. I also added things here and there when what was written was light on explanation and detail, and wrote a couple of "sidebar" sections of the book. The bio isn't a great example of my writing, as the narrative wasn't generally written by me, and I would have done things differently.

I have some irons in the fire for two other biographies in the years to come. (non-Queensr˙che-related)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:46:01 AM by Samsara »
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2023, 03:41:22 PM »
I chased my local comic shop here in the UK about your book three times, only to be told that timing meant I must have ordered too late to get #1 and it they had no idea what was going on with it.

But then! I got an email saying they've got issue 2 for me! So I've STILL not read it but just ordered #1 off eBay and will pick up #2 at the weekend.  :smiley:

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2023, 03:03:44 PM »
I chased my local comic shop here in the UK about your book three times, only to be told that timing meant I must have ordered too late to get #1 and it they had no idea what was going on with it.

But then! I got an email saying they've got issue 2 for me! So I've STILL not read it but just ordered #1 off eBay and will pick up #2 at the weekend.  :smiley:

Yikes, sorry for the hassle!  Glad you still chased after it.  Hope you enjoy it, but remember to take it easy on a rookie. ;D

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2023, 02:17:55 PM »
Just read issue 1 while cooking dinner. Well impressed. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Practically read itself! ;D I tend to lean toward Image comics as a favourite publisher - barely touch DC or Marvel - and this was right up my street. Proper job, man.

Looking forward to picking up issue 2 at the weekend.  :smiley:

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2023, 10:44:13 PM »
Just read issue 1 while cooking dinner. Well impressed. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Practically read itself! ;D I tend to lean toward Image comics as a favourite publisher - barely touch DC or Marvel - and this was right up my street. Proper job, man.

Looking forward to picking up issue 2 at the weekend.  :smiley:

Awesome, so glad you enjoyed!  Image puts out some top notch content. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, it helps keep me going.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 10:53:09 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2023, 10:48:34 PM »
Behold this wraparound cover for Issue #5 drawn and colored by Peruvian artist Alonso Molina (who also handles the book's interior art).  Releasing in stores for late October but available now for pre-order in stores everywhere.  Pre-Order deadline is 8/20/23.  This is the concluding chapter of this first story arc.  Heavenly intrigue, playful humor and a few devilish secrets await.  Hope you can check it out!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2023, 10:06:24 AM »
Nice!

I have picked up issue # 2, but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2023, 12:15:16 PM »
Seems like there's been a delay.  Is issue # 3 out yet?

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2023, 05:03:05 PM »
Seems like there's been a delay.  Is issue # 3 out yet?

Hefdaddy, I'm happy to share that after a lengthy publishing delay, Issue #3 comes out TODAY - November 1, 2023.  Available in stores or via online at Scout's Website:

https://www.scoutcomics.com/collections/miracle-kingdom

The good news is that the remaining issues will stay on this new schedule (December 6 for Issue 4 and January 10 for Issue 5).  Here are some sample pages (non-sequential) from Issue #3:

These delays have been a frustrating reality about today's state of comics/publishing, but I am relieved this day is finally here.  Thanks DTF for your support!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:45:44 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2023, 05:59:08 PM »
Sweet! Thanks for the update!