Author Topic: My Comic Book Coming Out in March 2023  (Read 3644 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

My Comic Book Coming Out in March 2023
« on: December 28, 2022, 07:25:40 PM »
Hey DTF,

Any comic book fans here?  I'm proud to announce that Issue #1 of my debut comic book series Miracle Kingdom will be released on March 8, 2023 through indie publisher Scout Comics.  It is the first of a five issue series, which was a lot of work, but a satisfying collaboration with a world class creative and editorial team.   I am the writer of the comic.

Miracle Kingdom is an offbeat, playful detective story about an accountant in heaven that is in charge of auditing  miracles.  Things go sideways when the angel discovers a shady televangelist with mystifying healing powers that appear to be astonishingly convincing.  Is it a case of divine intervention or a clever hoax?  Ultimately, the series examines the clandestine systems that impact our lives and how our worldviews can be challenged.

DTF has always been a meaningful community to me and I hope you can spread the word about this comic.  Better yet, for those so inclined, preorders are available now if you call up your local comic book shop and reserve a copy in advance with with code JAN231812.  Either way, your support goes a long way.  Here is the Previews World link with more details:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN231812

Here is the main Cover A artwork:

Variant Cover B is also available:

Thanks, your pal RaiseTheKnife
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 08:07:01 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: My Comic Book Coming Out in March 2023
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 07:28:33 PM »
Wow! That looks fucking awesome!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 07:42:06 PM »
Wow! That looks fucking awesome!!

Wow, many thanks TAC!  It was written specifically for people who enjoy music in 11/8.  Okay, not exactly, but creative minds do think alike, so . . .

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 07:46:14 PM »
Oh man. Fantastic. Chad will love this.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 07:51:55 PM »
Chad will love this.

He would? It doesn't seem dorky.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 07:52:10 PM »
How exciting! Count me in!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 07:57:51 PM »
Chad will love this.

He would? It doesn't seem dorky.

Chad is soooo into comic books.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 07:59:00 PM »
Hey Knife, did you add your blood into the ink?

:gene:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 08:00:32 PM »
Hey Knife, did you add your blood into the ink?

:gene:

I still have mine.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 08:50:42 PM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 11:38:11 PM »
TAC, no blood in the ink . . . yet.  But there's still time before printing begins.

Thanks kingshmegland and GMillerDrake for the support!  You are the best!

Offline billboy73

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2022, 07:46:50 AM »
As someone who just got back into comics in the past couple of years, I will definitely check this out.  I have started reading more non-super hero stuff, and this looks pretty cool!  Congrats on getting this published!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 08:12:59 AM »

Is there a way to pre-order/buy online?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 08:15:14 AM »
That looks awesome!

How long do you think until all 5 issues are ready?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2022, 03:52:13 PM »
As someone who just got back into comics in the past couple of years, I will definitely check this out.  I have started reading more non-super hero stuff, and this looks pretty cool!  Congrats on getting this published!

Thanks, appreciate you checking it out.  It's definitely an off-beat story.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 04:02:57 PM »

Is there a way to pre-order/buy online?

For now, only comic book stores can pre-order.  But the Scout webstore will have it available as the March release date draws closer.  I'll be coming back to this thread to drop a direct order link for those interested.

The reason I'm promoting now via local shops is it helps put this title on the store's radar so they know there is interest to carry the title.  If a person pre-orders one issue, maybe the store will order 10 for other customers.  Or something like that.

But I'll be dropping the direct order link in this thread once its ready.  Thanks for asking!!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 04:06:28 PM »
That looks awesome!

How long do you think until all 5 issues are ready?

All fives issues have been finished and delivered to the publisher.  It's now just a matter of the publisher releasing them.  Although nothing official, I suspect Issue 5 will come out sometime in September, and a collected trade paperback featuring all 5 issues may be released in end of 2023/start of 2024, but that could depend on if the sales o the single issues justify it.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2022, 04:29:14 PM »
Congratulations, man. This sounds great! Will talk to my local comic shop about ordering it for me.  ;D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2022, 07:10:54 PM »
Congratulations, man. This sounds great! Will talk to my local comic shop about ordering it for me.  ;D

:hefdaddy  Wow! Thanks for your support!! :hefdaddy  It's an exciting time for sure.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2023, 01:36:43 PM »
For those interested, a couple of online comic retailers have my debut comic Miracle Kingdom already listed for pre-order for home shipping.  The release date is March 8, but pre-orders help encourage stores to stock the title.  Here are few online options currently available, although there are others:

https://goldenapplecomics.com/products/jan231812?_pos=1&_sid=b286ddfc8&_ss=r
Shipping: $6.99

https://stateofcomics.com/products/0123sc300-miracle-kingdom-1-of-5-cvr-a-alonso-molina-gonzales
Shipping: $5.99

https://ashavecomics.com/product/miracle-kingdom-1-of-5-cvr-a-alonso-molina-gonzales/
Shipping:  $5.39

Keep in mind that shipping a comic even for a single issue is pricey ($5.99+), and paid up front.  But for those of you that have a local store nearby, you can always ask them to hold you a copy when it comes out in March, but you'll need to ask for it now, as the last day to place a pre-order is 2/5/23.

Lastly, any support by the good folks at DTF community is humbly appreciated.  Know that I'm deeply thankful for you even reading this thread.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2023, 01:40:40 PM »
This is extremely cool.  I will have to visit my local shop.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2023, 04:40:37 PM »
This is extremely cool.  I will have to visit my local shop.

You're the best, Hef.  Thanks!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2023, 12:13:46 AM »
 :hefdaddy

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2023, 08:56:58 AM »

:hefdaddy  Wow! Thanks for your support!! :hefdaddy  It's an exciting time for sure.

Just put my order in with my local independent comic shop here in the UK so looking forward to getting it!  :smiley:

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2023, 12:33:23 PM »

Just put my order in with my local independent comic shop here in the UK so looking forward to getting it!  :smiley:

Just totally made my day, DoctorAction.  I think that's my first legit international sale!!  Beyond thankful!  :metal

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2023, 12:41:03 AM »
Excellent.  ;D

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2023, 01:07:25 AM »
The official press release from Scout Comics dropped this evening, so I'll post it here, as it contains some new reveals on the cover art, interior art (non-sequential samples) and overall story concept.  Enjoy!

https://mailchi.mp/scoutcomics.com/miraclekingdompressrelease

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2023, 08:16:48 AM »
Hey, pal.  I finally made it by my local shop last night and set up my pull order for your book.  Looking forward to it!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2023, 02:24:24 AM »
Hey, pal.  I finally made it by my local shop last night and set up my pull order for your book.  Looking forward to it!

Thanks Hef -- that's absolutely killer that you did that!!  I deeply appreciate the support.
 :hefdaddy :metal

Offline billboy73

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2023, 08:20:08 AM »
I forgot to update when I did it, but put this one on order with my LCS a few weeks back.

Not too much longer now!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2023, 08:40:16 AM »
RTK - No way! Very cool. Congratulations! I'll head down to the local shop this weekend and make sure they have that title coming in. I'll pick it up for sure. So awesome.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2023, 11:52:17 PM »
Whoah, no way! Thanks Billboy74 and Samsara - I'm indebted to your support!

Just a quick update-- looks like there are may some delays with the printing vendor, so the release date has been (unofficially) bumped to March 22.  Will keep everyone posted.

In other news, I just booked my first signing events at a few local stores here in the Los Angeles area - kinda surreal.  But I'll be at Pulp Fiction Comics in Culver City on March 22; at the Comic Bug in Culver City and Manhattan Beach on March 29; and in Chatsworth at We Can Be Heroes on April 15.  If any of these stores are in your neck of the woods, come say hi.  I'll be handing out homemade scratch tickets for a chance to win a free issue.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2023, 08:54:03 AM »
Whoah, no way! Thanks Billboy74 and Samsara - I'm indebted to your support!

Just a quick update-- looks like there are may some delays with the printing vendor, so the release date has been (unofficially) bumped to March 22.  Will keep everyone posted.

In other news, I just booked my first signing events at a few local stores here in the Los Angeles area - kinda surreal.  But I'll be at Pulp Fiction Comics in Culver City on March 22; at the Comic Bug in Culver City and Manhattan Beach on March 29; and in Chatsworth at We Can Be Heroes on April 15.  If any of these stores are in your neck of the woods, come say hi.  I'll be handing out homemade scratch tickets for a chance to win a free issue.
If you ever get to make it to Galaxy Con here in Raleigh, let me know, and I'll show you the VIP treatment.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2023, 08:54:48 PM »
If you ever get to make it to Galaxy Con here in Raleigh, let me know, and I'll show you the VIP treatment.
:tup :metal

Offline billboy73

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2023, 07:49:28 AM »
So, the first issue finally came out yesterday.  Got my copy (along with the new Venom Lethal Protector miniseries # 1), but haven't had a chance to read it yet.  Hopefully I will get to it this weekend.  Pretty excited to give it a read.