Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays DTF  (Read 2395 times)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays DTF
« on: December 24, 2022, 04:03:43 PM »
It's the 25th in most of Europe now, so I would like wish everyone a good Christmas.

I hope all of you manage to find some comfort and joy this day, and are able to share some good times with those that you love. And for those that are not able, you have my love, and I hope that better times will arrive for you sooner rather than later. Cheers.

*raises glass*
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 11:20:26 AM by XJDenton »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Merry Christmas DTF
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 04:23:39 PM »
Not quite there yet... We're second to last next to Hawaii/Alaska here. Gearing up for the traditional Christmas Eve crab feed  :metal

To my DTF family, and yes you all are absolutely family to me, I wish you the happiest of holidays, and much peace and love in the new year.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 05:16:19 PM »
10am here is Australia.  Merry XMas everyone.  Enjoy your day.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 05:48:21 PM »
About 4 hours away from midnight from where I am at. Merry Christmas all the way

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 05:49:57 PM »
Wishing everyone here the happiest holidays and the best for 2023.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 05:50:04 PM »
Merry X-mas DTF!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 06:03:18 PM »
Four hours to go here... Our first Christmas Eve as parents! After the baby went to bed, were assembled her big toys and put them by the tree, and put up her stocking. I guess this parenting thing is real now!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 07:29:24 PM »
Four hours to go here... Our first Christmas Eve as parents! After the baby went to bed, were assembled her big toys and put them by the tree, and put up her stocking. I guess this parenting thing is real now!

Wait till they get older, and start to appreciate the magic of Christmas. Your joy as parents will increase exponentially.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline T-ski

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »
Merry Christmas to all on the forum!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022, 09:32:57 PM »

Wait till they get older, and start to appreciate the magic of Christmas. Your joy as parents will increase exponentially.

And then they become young adults.  ;D  I still contend ages 4-5 were the best Christmas years ever.

27 minutes and counting.  Merry Christmas, you glorious bitches.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022, 11:14:21 PM »
I had a good childhood, and have many happy memories, but I don't get nostalgic about it. Except for Christmas. There are so many details that are so embedded in my memory, and they all make me smile. I know I can't feel like I did when I was 6 now that I am 46, but I do what I can to try. Now, with the kids, I feel like the build-up is greater than the day. Starting with getting the tree, decorating the house, buying the presents... it's all joyous and fun. But when the day comes, I know they love it, but I feel like... a 46 year old.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2022, 04:01:18 AM »
Posting at 6 o'clock on a Christmas morning.

6 o'clock on a Christmas morning.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2022, 04:03:28 AM »
Merry Christmas DTF!
Photobucket sucks.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2022, 05:45:30 AM »
OK....now it's Christmas here.

Think I overdid it with the food last night, tummy is a bit sore, hopefully it'll right itself before the crab eggs benedict this morning. I am just powerless over sugar cookies.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2022, 05:54:01 AM »
Merry Christmas! Me and the boys are patiently waiting for my wife to wake up so they can open their presents

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2022, 05:57:39 AM »
Merry Christmas! Me and the boys are patiently waiting for my wife to wake up so they can open their presents

There's no harder earned patience  than that of a child waiting for the parent to wake up. I always felt my mom did it right, she'd leave the Santa loot unwrapped Xmas morning so we'd have a fix to hold us over a few hours.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2022, 06:09:40 AM »
There's no harder earned patience  than that of a child waiting for the parent to wake up. I always felt my mom did it right, she'd leave the Santa loot unwrapped Xmas morning so we'd have a fix to hold us over a few hours.

My parents would let us open our stockings before they got up, and there was just enough in there to keep us busy to give my parents an extra hour of sleep.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2022, 06:29:14 AM »
I remember waking up as a kid by 5am and creeping down to scope out shapes and the few unwrapped presents in a dark house. 6-6:30 is when we'd start trying to get my parents up, and it usually took about an hour of occasional badgering :lol Now we have to drag my sister out of bed to open presents.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2022, 06:56:35 AM »
Merry Christmas DTF. Fortunately not doing anything today aside from drinking coffee and watching tv.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2022, 07:01:12 AM »
6:00am here. :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2022, 07:49:31 AM »
Merry Christmas DTF!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2022, 08:13:02 AM »
Merry Christmas DTF!!

I'm having Chocolate Cake for breakfast!!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2022, 09:21:04 AM »
Merry Christmas, DTF!

We celebrated it yesterday (we do that on the 24th here in Sweden), so today I'm just chilling at home. Tomorrow I'll be heading to my sister's and celebrating with her and her daughters (and our mom).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2022, 09:44:46 AM »
Merry Christmas all! Hope you all create great memories with those you love and hold dear!

And….if you get a few days off from work hope you get some rest and relaxation!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »
Merry Christmas to all!  :metal

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2022, 11:39:05 AM »

My parents would get up with us to open presents no matter what time it was. Sometimes it was not long after midnight, and other times it was around 3am.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2022, 11:39:43 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone.  :heart

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2022, 12:47:05 PM »
Merry Christmas, everyone
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Online nick_z

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2022, 12:49:17 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2022, 02:13:37 PM »

My parents would get up with us to open presents no matter what time it was. Sometimes it was not long after midnight, and other times it was around 3am.

That's boss level parenting right there.  Growing up, my folks were like Tim's - we could do our stockings (we always had them at the foot of our beds, so we got them straight away).  As a parent, we always got up as soon as the first child did.  But most years, we were the first ones up.  We wanted to see the look on their faces when they came downstairs and saw the tree filled with gifts.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2022, 09:05:43 AM »
We always made sure to get up before the kid when he was younger, if you don’t, you miss these moments….

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2022, 10:49:38 AM »
 :tup :tup :tup
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Lethean

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays DTF
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2022, 03:38:57 PM »
Happy Holidays everyone. :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2022, 10:15:46 AM »
Belated Merry Christmas, DTF!  Sorry, me & the fam were traveling, and I was offline for most of it.  Spent Friday being tourists in SF (including our annual tradition of chowder bread bowls at Fisherman's Wharf), then went to stay at my sister's Friday night.  After a light breakfast Saturday morning, the entire clan headed over to Levi's stadium for tailgating and then the game.  Then out for an epic Italian Christmas Eve dinner to top it all off. Stayed down there for Christmas day activities after church services, topped off by a pretty epic oso buco my mom made for Christmas dinner (first time I've ever eaten that), and then home late Sunday night.  Yesterday was spent opening our presents at home (the kids were fine with waiting rather than opening them before the trip), cleaning house and grocery shopping, and then having a big gathering of friends over for dinner last night.  Really good times. 

Hope you all were able to make some similarly great lifetime memories.  And for those going through tough times that may find this time of year difficult, my heart aches for you and I want you to know that you have people that care for you here on this forum, and probably other places in your life as well, and we are here for you.

I am just powerless over sugar cookies.
:lol  Me too.  My great grandmother had a recipe for chocolate mint sugar cookies that she used to make when I was little, and I made sure to get the recipe before she passed away.  We make those every year, and I always overeat when it comes to them.  Last night after my wife went to bed, I must have snuck over to the tub we have them in 4-5 times.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 12:48:36 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2022, 12:25:51 PM »
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.