Author Topic: DTF Donations Contest: Win prizes and donate to keep the lights on here  (Read 15883 times)

Offline Madman Shepherd

Re: DTF Donations Contest: Win prizes and donate to keep the lights on here
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2023, 10:36:36 PM »
OK, as to patience....

I have written directly two times with no response or acknowledgement.  An initial 'thank you' would have been nice.

I was going to donate my 'swag' to a fellow DTFer as a holiday gift back around the holidays.

It is now three months later, and still no feedback.

Is there a glitch somewhere?

Sure, more communication would be nice but really you shouldn't look at your donation as a favor to Bosk. Honestly, my donation was mostly for me because I like this place. Yeah, if it wasn't for the potential to win some prizes I might not have donated but that did take me over the edge and forced me to throw down some money.

Besides, I don't think bosk gets many benefits from running this place. Sure, moderate access to the band, backstage passes, and a few other things I'm sure but not much more.

So a personal thank you would be nice but honestly we should be the ones thanking him.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2023, 06:56:28 AM »
Honestly I gave because I like this place. Where else am I going to share my shitty musical takes?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2023, 07:00:40 AM »
Honestly I gave because I like this place. Where else am I going to share my shitty musical takes?

Boom.  That's me.  I sort of framed my donation in terms of "hey, this place provides a lot of inclusion and camaraderie, and anything I give is probably not enough for what I get out of it."

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2023, 01:13:32 PM »
I've tried a couple of times, but still no iDeal or banktransfer is possible... I do not own Paypall. PM's not been answered yet, so I pressume it'll take a while, before I can make the transfer.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2023, 07:34:29 PM »
This place is still going and I can come here everyday, so I take that as a thank you for my donation.

While there might be a lack of updates, remember bosk still has to continually do things behind the scenes for us to keep coming here.  I think the old out of sight out of mind mentality comes into play here and we shouldn't ignore what still needs to be done for DTF to still exist.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2023, 03:51:26 PM »
still no word?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline NoFred

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2023, 07:21:05 PM »
Maybe it’s as simple as the contest happened and no one on the board won ;)

Out of sight out of mind, just glad to support a place I check daily.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2023, 08:02:42 PM »
The same thing happened the last time we had one of these donation contests. In 2018 or 19. Donations were made, no winners were ever selected to my knowledge.

I'm fine donating to keep the lights on for this place, prizes or not. But two of these contests have happened with no winners announced, and bosk seemingly just ignoring it. Not accusing bosk of anything, I know we're all busy with shit outside of this forum, but you gotta admit this looks a little sketchy.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2023, 05:27:32 AM »
Can I get the alumni status?  :'(

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2023, 09:17:47 AM »
 :tup
And the four stars......
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2023, 02:56:25 PM »
:tup
And the four stars......

That too!  :tup

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2023, 09:30:58 AM »
* nobloodyname wanders into thread wondering, "have we had a respo-- nope"
* nobloodyname wanders back out
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Schurftkut

:natalieportman:

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
I know patience is a virtue, but it would really be cool to get an update from bosk1.

EDIT:

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to take a moment to bring up the 2022 donations contest and the prizes that were mentioned in December. It's been almost five months since we received the last update, and I believe many of us are curious to know the current status.

We all love this forum and the sense of community it fosters. Many of us donated not just for the prizes, but because we wanted to support DTF and ensure its continued existence. However, it would be greatly appreciated if we could receive an update on the progress of the prize distribution, as it was one of the incentives to donate and we were all looking forward to it.

I understand that things can get hectic, and our admin has been active on other threads, but I think it's important to maintain transparency and keep everyone informed about what's going on behind the scenes. A short message providing an update would go a long way in reassuring the community that the situation is being handled.

Thank you all for your continued support and participation in the forum. Let's keep the spirit of our community strong and thriving!

Best regards,

Jorge

« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 10:55:25 AM by MinistroRaven »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Bosk handles this end of things, but I'll do what I can. If you know you donated and want the title change, quote this post and let me know and I think I can do that.

If there are any errors Bosk can always fix after the fact.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Yeah, I gave Kade his alumni status based on him sending me a screenshot of his donation payment. Happy to do the same for others.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I gave Kade his alumni status based on him sending me a screenshot of his donation payment. Happy to do the same for others.

Thanks once again mate!  :tup
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
if I donated in the past and already have my stars can I get a second row of stars

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
if I donated in the past and already have my stars can I get a second row of stars

It doesn't work that way. You just get to keep them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
But I want two rows.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Woohoo, I got my ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Thank you sooo much!

Even Neal Morse approves it
               ⬇️
               ⬇️
               ⬇️

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Bosk handles this end of things, but I'll do what I can. If you know you donated and want the title change, quote this post and let me know and I think I can do that.

Thanks for being so quick on this
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland

I did!

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5

I did!

Same
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
On vacation, but will get you two when home.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress

I've send two pm's to Bosk if he could send me an Ideal link or the bankaccount information, so I can make the banktransfer myself. Still no sign.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

I did!

Same

Me three.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

I've send two pm's to Bosk if he could send me an Ideal link or the bankaccount information, so I can make the banktransfer myself. Still no sign.

:corn

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Bosk1 has been banned from this thread, he probably won't see your message here.  :P

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey Bosk1, could you pop in and give us the lowdown on where we're at with the contest?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think it's well past time to give up on this. And keep this experience in mind if he does another one of these contests in the future.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
I think it's well past time to give up on this. And keep this experience in mind if he does another one of these contests in the future.

What I don't understand is why he hasn't chimed in and shared an update. Definitely, not the way I expect bosk1 to handle things.

Offline NoFred

What I don't understand is why he hasn't chimed in and shared an update. Definitely, not the way I expect bosk1 to handle things.

As someone that donated I appreciate that you’ve been all over this one, but yeah it’s done.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
It's not a good look.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)