Author Topic: DTF Donations Contest: Win prizes and donate to keep the lights on here  (Read 16064 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
He was active on here yesterday replying to pretty much any thread but this. That’s pretty telling.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
He was active on here yesterday replying to pretty much any thread but this. That’s pretty telling.

And he also said he's had two months straight of travel and travel prep.  Bosk can defend himself, he doesn't need me, but as someone who also travels for work, it's not something that is a passive event.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
You’re right, he can defend himself, but he’s completely avoided this thread all year. His last post in this thread, or in the one in the General forum, was in December. It’s almost July. No further updates. Not a peep. If he just popped in once at some point and said “Hey sorry, I’ve been busy but I haven’t forgotten about this”, we’d all be a bit more patient and sympathetic. But he hasn’t done that, despite being active on this site. I get that he’s busy outside of here, but he’s had opportunities to give us some kind of update.

Add in the fact that this is the second one of these contests to happen with no winners announced, and it’s just not a good look. I’m not accusing bosk of anything, but me and the others have been more than patient waiting for any kind of update.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
You’re right, he can defend himself, but he’s completely avoided this thread all year. His last post in this thread, or in the one in the General forum, was in December. It’s almost July. No further updates. Not a peep. If he just popped in once at some point and said “Hey sorry, I’ve been busy but I haven’t forgotten about this”, we’d all be a bit more patient and sympathetic. But he hasn’t done that, despite being active on this site. I get that he’s busy outside of here, but he’s had opportunities to give us some kind of update.

Add in the fact that this is the second one of these contests to happen with no winners announced, and it’s just not a good look. I’m not accusing bosk of anything, but me and the others have been more than patient waiting for any kind of update.

Yeah, I'm not trying to accuse bosk1 of anything. I just genuinely want to know what's up. I mean, he's been active in other threads, but not this one. That doesn't look good.
I love this community and I'm happy to help out, even if there's no prize involved. But a prize was promised for donators, so I'm just wondering what's going on with that.

Offline emtee

What's happening here? Were generous people duped intentionally? How can there be time to make multiple lengthy posts in multiple topics and not address this? Inexcusable plain and simple. Good luck next time people are asked to keep the lights on.

I've asked Bosk to deactivate my account twice and he has yet to do so. So if I'm banned after this post you will know he read this thread and still opted not to address this.

Good bye DT forum.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
We deactivate, just leave. I don't get people. Log out and forget the password.

People's self importance is out of bounds. I give money because I love the community. No for the fucking prizes.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 09:16:32 AM by Kingly Gizz & Liz Wiz Bizzy »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Right Joe! The forum is our prize.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't fully agree with that. As I've said before, I'm happy to donate to keep this place going, prizes or not. I don't even care about getting a prize for this contest at this point, as I'm not much of a Dream Theater fan nowadays. If he holds another one of these contests in the future, I'll still donate.
But when you promise prizes as a draw to get people to donate, you deliver on that. And the fact is that this is now the second time bosk has not delivered on that. And despite him being active on this site, he has not acknowledged this contest since December. At this point I just want an explanation.

I do think ragequitting the forum is a overreaction, and we'll see emtee back eventually.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Thats fine.  But rage quitting is such a childish way of handling a situation like this. There are plenty of mods to reach out to.  I'm here for my friends. This place is hanging on because of our donations. If you don't like it, just don't log on. It's the grown up thing to do.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline emtee

This is not a rage quit. It's a total disappointment quit. I didn't donate so I have no horse in the race but I've known some of these people since 2005 and I've seen them dig into their pockets numerous times over the years to help fellow forum members out when going through difficult times. They are good, honest and decent people with big hearts.

Bottom line here is that Bosk made a commitment to these people. He either needs to step up and honor it or apologize.

Period.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
So make him follow up. Be a grown up. Rea h out to other mods. Get answers. Not handle it the way you have.

Offline gzarruk

I haven't donated, so I didn't want to post here at first, but I do think the guys who did deserve at least an explanation out of respect.

Other than that, I love DTF.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline emtee

So make him follow up. Be a grown up. Rea h out to other mods. Get answers. Not handle it the way you have.

Dude, do you honestly believe that multiple people here haven't done that already? Grow up and take your blinders off.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
So you reached out to Hef? To Rich?  To XJD?  Ask the long timers to chime in and help?

I'm not defending Bosk, but have you done all to get answers?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 11:36:44 AM by Kingly Gizz & Liz Wiz Bizzy »

Offline Madman Shepherd

I've gotta admit when people first started to "pester" Bosk, I was like guys, chill out. Not that big of a deal. Then another month went by and then months and now clearly this is being ignored and I don't know whether to be weirded out or concerned by the clear avoidance of this topic.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
So you reached out to Hef? To Rich?  To XJD?  Ask the long timers to chime in and help?

I'm not defending Bosk, but have you done all to get answers?

We’ll, I have certainly reach out HERE in this thread for answers. But none has been given, the other mods/admins said that it was bosk1 who will handle this. And they o oh were able to provide the alumni status.

Is not like people have not asked here, politely and or wait patiently since last December.

I guess if we were promised something at least an explanation of what happened is due.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I reached out to another mod. He said he will check in.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't fully agree with that. As I've said before, I'm happy to donate to keep this place going, prizes or not. I don't even care about getting a prize for this contest at this point, as I'm not much of a Dream Theater fan nowadays. If he holds another one of these contests in the future, I'll still donate.
But when you promise prizes as a draw to get people to donate, you deliver on that. And the fact is that this is now the second time bosk has not delivered on that. And despite him being active on this site, he has not acknowledged this contest since December. At this point I just want an explanation.

I do think ragequitting the forum is a overreaction, and we'll see emtee back eventually.

I donated and I don't care about the prizes (I'd love to win, but that's not the point for me), but I think something should be stated out of fairness.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

I donated and I don't care about the prizes (I'd love to win, but that's not the point for me), but I think something should be stated out of fairness.

Exactly this!
The thing is that something should be said.
Even more when the band’s management was in some way also involved. As they authorized bosk1 to let one of the winners to choose some item from the official store.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What's happening here? Were generous people duped intentionally? How can there be time to make multiple lengthy posts in multiple topics and not address this? Inexcusable plain and simple. Good luck next time people are asked to keep the lights on.

I've asked Bosk to deactivate my account twice and he has yet to do so. So if I'm banned after this post you will know he read this thread and still opted not to address this.

Good bye DT forum.

The forum is still active.  That's the only reason I donate, plain and simple.  Should there be a follow up, yeah probably, but I couldn't care less about that part and I can still come here each day.

Don't try and protest and quit though, that's just silly.  What do you think that will achieve?  Life rolls on and no one give a fuck.  People will read this note from you and go, 'meh.'  You're then forgotten two seconds afterwards.  It literally does nothing.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
emtee's heart is in the right place, cut him some slack. It's kind of funny he's getting more of a reaction than bosk's non-reaction.

Given bosk's lengthy posts in other threads, it certainly appears he's deliberately avoiding this one. Would literally only take a, "sorry, folks! Not ignoring you, got all the names, did the draw, looking to get this all sorted by the end of July!", and it'd be fine.

For the record, I donated because I like the chat here. The prizes simply don't matter to me. But don't ask for donations and then not follow up on the promise of reward. Especially not when it transpires there's previous. It's not okay.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 01:53:52 AM by nobloodyname »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online Schurftkut

...crickets..

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT

Good bye DT forum.

Why did you ask to be deactivated?

Offline Skeever

Good bye DT forum.

Please don't do this

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
 :-\

Online Schurftkut

:facepalm:

Online Schurftkut

:yarr

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Silence speaks louder than words, or something something.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Donations Contest: Win prizes and donate to keep the lights on here
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2023, 12:47:44 PM »
I reached out to another mod. He said he will check in.

And the other mod said......?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2023, 07:29:02 AM »
Out of curiosity, I looked at how many days it’s been since Bosk posted in this thread.
222 days.

Online Schurftkut

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2023, 11:51:27 AM »
nuggetz

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2023, 11:53:08 AM »
From the creators of where's Waldo, comes where's Bosko.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2023, 11:56:51 AM »
From the creators of where's Waldo, comes where's Bosko.

Last time active was July 19, 2023, 05:30:36 PM