Author Topic: DTF Donations Contest: Win prizes and donate to keep the lights on here  (Read 16018 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Donations Contest: Win prizes and donate to keep the lights on here
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2023, 05:22:21 PM »
This thread is re-opened.  I'm really sorry for not responding.  I need to go back through and read this.  I haven't been on in awhile and need to catch up (and, yes, I know my stats show that I have logged on--I almost always have a browser tab open to DTF even when I'm not on here).  Just a couple of things BRIEFLY:

1.  Please read this before posting:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=58509.0  It helps explain some things a bit, even if I did keep a lot of the specifics to myself.

2.  The contest absolutely IS going to happen.  I need to get on top of that, and I'm REALLY sorry for letting it lag this long.  There's no excuse for that and you all deserve better.

3.  There are some logistics I need to work out.  For instance, everybody who is eligible should get entered.  But I know there were some who wanted to donate that could not because of a broken donations button and some other things.  So people who should have been eligible couldn't even donate.  I need to get that sorted and find a way to reward some folks who wanted to contribute, but could not yet do so.

4.  Please be patient.  It may take me a little while to go back through everything I need to sort this out.

5.  Once again, I'm really sorry guys.

This is the least if what you have to worry about mate.  Keep it closed, no need to explain any further.  The forum is still going and with your struggles of late, that's all anyone should be grateful for.  No one needs prizes mate.  I've made my stance known on why I donate, DTF is still the ultimate prize.  You coming out the other side would be another gift so look after yourself and don't stress about this thread.

In honesty, if I were you I wouldn't bother even going back through it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2023, 07:34:47 PM »
Jerry,

First of all, thanks for reaching out and being open about what's been going on. Life can throw some serious curveballs, and it's totally understandable that things can get overwhelming. We're all human, and we've got your back as you work through these tough times.

Regarding the contest, I'm really glad to hear that it's going to happen, and I appreciate your efforts to sort things out, especially for those who couldn't donate due to the button glitch. It's the thought that counts, and your dedication to making things right doesn't go unnoticed.

Take all the time you need to work things out, and don't worry, we're a patient bunch. Thanks for being honest, and I'm sure we all wish you the best in pulling things together. We've built an amazing community, and we're here to support you.

Keep your head up, and let's look forward to a brighter chapter ahead!

Cheers,

JP

Lol wut?

Double wut.  I asked if you even reached out. Trying to be understanding. Now you say you are patient?  What a joke.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline NoFred

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2023, 11:31:20 PM »
Never expected to see this unlocked… complete stand-up move by the OP to give a follow up. Recognized and agree that no explanation is needed, just good to be present.

From a distance I appreciated everyone who bumped this thread back up, and also everyone who said lay low and chill. Not sure why either approach now needs to be judged.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2023, 12:14:28 AM »
Yeah, no need for judgment.  I truly appreciate all the kind words.  But I also recognize that when handling something like other people's money, I can't just not communicate.  I teach leadership and I teach public speaking.  And in both contexts, one things I harp on is: manage people's expectations by telling them what is going to happen.  I didn't communicate as I should have.  And while the struggles I am facing are legit and overwhelming, I don't begrudge anyone for feeling like I wasn't keeping up my end of the bargain by letting this go for so long and communicating.  I know the prizes are secondary.  And I'm sure you all know that too.  But I promised to deliver something, and I was silent as to why that hadn't happened in so long.  So for those who got upset, I own that. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2023, 07:51:21 AM »
Jerry,

First of all, thanks for reaching out and being open about what's been going on. Life can throw some serious curveballs, and it's totally understandable that things can get overwhelming. We're all human, and we've got your back as you work through these tough times.

Regarding the contest, I'm really glad to hear that it's going to happen, and I appreciate your efforts to sort things out, especially for those who couldn't donate due to the button glitch. It's the thought that counts, and your dedication to making things right doesn't go unnoticed.

Take all the time you need to work things out, and don't worry, we're a patient bunch. Thanks for being honest, and I'm sure we all wish you the best in pulling things together. We've built an amazing community, and we're here to support you.

Cheers,

JP

Lol wut?

Double wut.  I asked if you even reached out. Trying to be understanding. Now you say you are patient?  What a joke.

Well, after 9 months of waiting, yes, I've been patient.

Being patient is one thing, and completely forgetting that someone made a promise and expecting them to fulfill it is another.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2023, 08:17:43 AM »
Good thing you’re here to hold them to it..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2023, 08:20:49 AM »
Jerry,

Cheers,

JP

Lol wut?

:rollin

Patience was the one thing NOT shown

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2023, 08:48:43 AM »
Jerry,

Cheers,

JP

Lol wut?

:rollin

Patience was the one thing NOT shown

Said the one that also said that "something should be stated out of fairness."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2023, 09:14:35 AM »
ENOUGH.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2023, 09:19:45 AM »
I hate how this issue is making some people act.
All me, Ministro, and all the other “whiny bitches” from this thread wanted was communication. We got it now. The problem is over and there’s nothing to be upset about anymore. If you don’t care about the contest or the prizes, congratulations. What do you want for saying that? A prize? A pat on the back?
It does matter to some of us, and the complete radio silence for 8 months was frustrating. I myself said some things that, in hindsight, went too far. I own that. But Bosk has responded, and as one of the more vocal complainers in this thread, all is forgiven in my eyes.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2023, 10:22:22 AM »
I would agree that some of the stuff went too far in this thread but all they wanted was an explanation and they got it and I think everyone is cool with that. Carrying this on further kind of continues to litigate something that's been resolved and I can't imagine it's very fun for Bosk to see when he just cut himself open wide so let's not continue to complain about the blood on our brand new floor. Mmmm k?  ;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2023, 10:53:52 AM »
Yeah, again, I really appreciate people having my back.  But I own the fact that I needed to communicate, and that's a big part of my apology, and I don't take it personally that people were very bothered and were vocal about that.  Whether or not some of the way that frustration went too far in attributing bad motives to me...yeah, in all honesty, that hurts.  But, again, I get it, and I'm not going to castigate people for feeling that way in light of my silence.  So...water under the bridge, yeah?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2023, 06:25:34 PM »
Feelings are complicated and messy but we gotta move on.

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2023, 11:41:42 PM »
A wise man once said, "people distort reality until it fits what we believe."

Do not let you being accused of having bad intensions, get under you're skin Bosk. Your motives are yours... a man accuses the other from his own spectrum.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2023, 11:15:57 PM »
So many people being wise after the event. People understandably had concerns, as bosk himself has said. We now know why there was radio silence and we understand, it's as simple as that.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2023, 10:10:01 PM »
Just want to take a moment to let you guys know I am working on this and should have results fairly soon.  Really sorry this took so long.  Again, that was unacceptable, and I'm really sorry.  Update coming...

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2023, 01:13:48 AM »
 :metal

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2023, 10:53:56 PM »
Just want to take a moment to let you guys know I am working on this and should have results fairly soon.  Really sorry this took so long.  Again, that was unacceptable, and I'm really sorry.  Update coming...

Glad to read you're 'sort of' back in, because I hope that means there's light at the end of the tunnel as well. I will check my pm more than often...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2023, 04:41:43 AM »

Glad to read you're 'sort of' back in, because I hope that means there's light at the end of the tunnel as well. I will check my pm more than often...

I dunno, but I feel we could just cut bosk some slack, not worry about this and let him just move on and put this behind him and let it go.  I have zero intention on him worrying about continuing this.  But that's me.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2023, 07:04:24 AM »

I dunno, but I feel we could just cut bosk some slack, not worry about this and let him just move on and put this behind him and let it go.  I have zero intention on him worrying about continuing this.  But that's me.

I'm with you, I know I donated regardless of the contest.  Many have indicated the same - because it's a fun place to shoot the shit re: DT and music.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2023, 07:16:17 AM »

I'm with you, I know I donated regardless of the contest.  Many have indicated the same - because it's a fun place to shoot the shit re: DT and music.

:tup

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2023, 07:35:17 AM »

:tup
:tup :tup
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2023, 08:50:56 AM »
Wolfking, I was talking about donating, not the contest. Couldn't care less, but I still need an invoice send to pay...

But that's just me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2023, 04:40:14 AM »
Wolfking, I was talking about donating, not the contest. Couldn't care less, but I still need an invoice send to pay...

But that's just me.

Ah fair call mate, my apologies.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2023, 05:52:19 AM »
Ah fair call mate, my apologies.

No harm done mate. 😉

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2023, 05:55:51 AM »
Since Bosk isn't able to take the lead in this around the whole 'keeping the lights on in here' these days (no harm done, of course), can another mod sent me an 'invoice sent'? I don't know what that means, but as long as it means I'm able to throw my little penny in the corner (without having a paypall account), I'm glad.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2023, 08:41:32 AM »
You don't have to pay anything. I "donate" because I love the community.   I need no receipt. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2023, 08:59:01 AM »
I know postwhore, but since I do not have a paypall account, the only way to donate is an invoice sent...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2023, 09:20:01 AM »
I know postwhore, but since I do not have a paypall account, the only way to donate is an invoice sent...

Set up a PayPal. It's really easy and extremely convenient. 

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2023, 10:33:31 AM »
I've got my reasons not to...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2023, 08:41:04 PM »
Seems silly.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2023, 09:50:56 PM »
Seems silly.

I understand that, would accur silly to me too, if I wasn't in the situation I'm in.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2024, 04:43:59 PM »
So it's been 4 months now, did anything come out of this?

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2024, 05:20:36 PM »
I've only just seen this thread (yea I don't frequent this side of the forum often), is it too late to donate? A) I just want to do my bit to keep the best online community alive and kicking, and B) I'd like my green stars please  :tup

So yea, can I still donate as described in the OP?