Author Topic: LithoJazzoSphere Roulette V1: Variety & Reciprocity (Post-Roulette Playlist)  (Read 120833 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
We have to make an EP? I gotta read the OP.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
TAC has outed himself in the same day as not reading the rules in either mine or Luke's.   :rollin

I haven't really hammered down exactly what they are yet, particularly since it'll be at the very end of the roulette, probably a couple months away at minimum.  Standard procedure for other roulettes seems to be at least three different artists, and with mine being 45 rather than the 30 or 40 for some, I might make that at least four different artists, I'll have to ponder it more.  I'm thinking that no artist should dominate more than a third of the runtime, something like that.  You can start thinking about it now for sure, but I'd definitely advise not putting too much effort into it this early unless that's just really fun for you, since you're probably going to figure out a lot more about my taste in the upcoming rounds, and get confused about even more of it.   :lol

For unrated albums, it really depends on the particular one, it could easily be either.  Just PM me if you're really curious about one or two in particular. 

Offline Lethean

I'm not really working on the EP yet - just wanted an idea in case I might save some bands for it vs using them now.  Or maybe if I wanted to send slightly more than 15 minutes of a band, I could do that in the EP (but I'm thinking no on that one).

Offline Lethean

Sent. :)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
If you have an artist you have more than 15 minutes of music you want me to hear from, just pick the best 15 for a round (probably one of the free-for-alls, though the ending EP could work) and tell me what other song or two you want me to hear outside of the round.  I already have a small list of songs I'd said I'd give quick opinions on from the first two that I'll get to sometime later. 

Online SoundscapeMN

sent.

Pretty curious to hear your take.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
I sent a reply.   :lol
Re-sent. You aren't allowed to reject this one.....even if someone else sent it (I doubt it...) :neverusethis:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin

Sad to see such a low score for Comforting Sounds but I certainly understand why it wasn't your thing.

I can accept the low score, but I'm having a harder time accepting it scored worse than a bloody Sting song  ;D

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Sent something  :corn
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Dammit Litho, the song I was going to send this round is from an album you checked out and rated on your RYM since this roulette started.

How dare you check out a new artist when there's a roulette going on! :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:23:59 AM by ariich »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Ok sent!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Sent something  :corn

Sent a reply.  :)

Dammit Litho, the song I was going to send this round is from an album you checked out and rated on your RYM since this roulette started.

Yes, how dare i continue to listen to other music while I'm doing things not conducive to writing more roulette notes.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Sad to see such a low score for Comforting Sounds but I certainly understand why it wasn't your thing.

I can accept the low score, but I'm having a harder time accepting it scored worse than a bloody Sting song  ;D

Hey now!!!!   Rest easy; it's a cover of an Elton John song.  :) :) :)

Online HOF

Hey now!!!!   Rest easy; it's a cover of an Elton John song.  :) :) :)

Wow, beaten out by both Gordon and Reginald.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

Yes, how dare i continue to listen to other music while I'm doing things not conducive to writing more roulette notes.   ;D
While I was obviously being tongue-in-cheek, just to be clear I wasn't referring to listening to any other music at all, only to checking out new artists you don't already know. Of course everyone has the right to do roulettes the way they want and this one is very nicely designed so far, so I'm not complaining. Just interested really - when I do my own roulettes, I check out new albums from artists I already know (and who would therefore be banned anyway) but if there's an artist I have the opportunity/interest to check out that I've not rated before, I put them aside until the roulette's finished in case anyone intends to send them to me.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Hah, I'm a quite patient person, but not that patient.  :)  There is so much music out there that whatever I check out during but outside of a roulette is such a minuscule drop in the bucket.  I'm particularly more likely to check out current year releases in case they'll place well on my year-end lists.  But there are a large number of bands that I've intentionally held off of listening to because I know they have fanbases here, and won't mind if someone submits them for a round.  Some of them will be explicit mentions in round 11.  Some of them might have even been selected for this very round!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:13:56 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Not even thought about what to submit yet, how many of us are yet to submit? Just so I feel a little better

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not even thought about what to submit yet, how many of us are yet to submit? Just so I feel a little better

Just get on with it, slacker.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

I'm only a slacker if 80% have sent. If only 15% have sent then I'm just not a kiss ass (unlike some)  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I'm only a slacker if 80% have sent. If only 15% have sent then I'm just not a kiss ass (unlike some)  :lol

Results were posted almost 48 hours ago. You became an official slacker 24 hours ago.  ;D

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
TAC might not be, but I'm fine with people slacking this round, gives me more time to work on my '22 lists (which I've been distracted by with a Caro Emerald binge, but this is partly why we have these roulettes to find such artists!)  :)   And the singles for her new rebranded album next (err, "this") year are technically '22 releases as well, so I can actually accomplish both at once!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 03:08:08 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline twosuitsluke

Results were posted almost 48 hours ago. You became an official slacker 24 hours ago.  ;D

Who appointed you roulette monitor? Did you make your own sash?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol

Someone needs to do it.

Offline twosuitsluke

Someone needs to do it.

Maybe secret santa can sort you out next Christmas

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Not even thought about what to submit yet

You've been working on how to cram King Gizzard's Wizzard Lizzard down my throat, you just need to listen to all 4,000 songs again first to decide which ones. 

Offline Lethean

I think TAC needs to appoint himself roulette monitor in another roulette... Does that roulette even exist, or did I just dream that I was participating in another one...

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I think TAC needs to appoint himself roulette monitor in another roulette... Does that roulette even exist, or did I just dream that I was participating in another one...

Someone needs to PM/e-mail/text him, he hasn't even logged in for 4-5 days.  If he's still that busy almost a month later, the break should probably be a hiatus.  Is Tomi or Crow up next?  I have songs to send! 

Offline Lethean

You shouldn't be asking for more on your plate.  I may be doing the rest of the discography posts, but I need some musician time stamp details, so chop chop. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  Some of them will be explicit mentions in round 11.  Some of them might have even been selected for this very round!

Happy to oblige.  ;D

Offline twosuitsluke

Not even thought about what to submit yet

You've been working on how to cram King Gizzard's Wizzard Lizzard down my throat, you just need to listen to all 4,000 songs again first to decide which ones. 

It's just a matter of time dude!

So I've got an idea of what to send. I checked your RYM and the album I'm looking at is in your list but it's not rated. Does that mean you've listened once and just not rated the album? Is it sendable?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 11:50:14 PM by twosuitsluke »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
If it's unrated and on the wishlist, I'm consider that being something Josh hasn't listened to and is eligible to send. If it's showing as owned but unrated that'd be a bit different.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Hi guys! I'm back after more than a week of holiday and fun :)

I'll take that score for Avishai Cohen. It's cool to see what other people brought up in this round and I might just send stuff I didn't send this round in future rounds anyway. Also, I must say I really like reading your write-ups. It seems like you take the time to figure out stuff you actually enjoy and don't in songs and manage to articulate that as well. Props! :tup

On that note, I also checked out Avishai Cohen's from this year.  I don't know if this will make Elite feel better or worse, but while I did like the song from the round despite it not quite placing in the top half, I think I like his '22 album even more. 

Honestly, I haven't even heard that one yet :lol between other new music released, studying and backtracking though a lot of older discographies this past year, this one slipped past me I suppose.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
So I've got an idea of what to send. I checked your RYM and the album I'm looking at is in your list but it's not rated. Does that mean you've listened once and just not rated the album? Is it sendable?

As ariich said, if it's wishlisted I probably haven't heard it.  If it's listed as part of my physical or digital collection but not rated it could be either.  Just e-mail or PM me about it if you want to know. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Let me also highlight something from the first page that some of you have definitely glossed over, because it has affected a few submissions this round already.  I've heard pretty much all of the songs sent in 425's and Luke's current roulettes 2-4 times already, so even if those artists aren't banned or rated, I'm already a bit too familiar with those particular songs, so I want something fresher.  So if you want to send those artists, pick different songs than the ones used in those roulettes. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 12:00:58 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »