Author Topic: LithoJazzoSphere Roulette V1: Variety & Reciprocity (Post-Roulette Playlist)  (Read 112748 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Current Standings:

ariich...................0
Cyril.....................0
Elite......................0
HOF.......................0
Lethean..................0
Puppies_On_Acid......0
romdrums..............0
senecadawg2.........0
TAC.....................0
Tomislav95..........0
twosuitluke.........0

I'm already in 9th place?

Oh....look who's already in First!

Congrats Ariich!
Hurrah, I win by alphabetical order! :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
If my name would be aElite, I would be in first place!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Current Standings:

ariich...................0
Cyril.....................0
Elite......................0
HOF.......................0
Lethean..................0
Puppies_On_Acid......0
romdrums..............0
senecadawg2.........0
TAC.....................0
Tomislav95..........0
twosuitluke.........0
Oh....look who's already in First!

Congrats Ariich!

I have a crystal ball on my desk that I gaze at, and Puppies and I already had the prescience to foresee this. 

ariich already won this roulette, we're just playing for second place.
Congrats Ariich! :jamaritard:

I'd be tempted but you've banned Bananarama, so...... ;D

In all seriousness that ban list is awfully big.   
I'll say I'll give it ago if you want another person, however if you have enough runners and ryders I'm happy to watch this from the sidelines.

I'd love half the forum to be in on the fun if it was just up to me.  I've built in some flexibility if things ever get out of hand.  I'm putting you on the list.   :coolio

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I'd be tempted but you've banned Bananarama, so...... ;D

In all seriousness that ban list is awfully big.   
I'll say I'll give it ago if you want another person, however if you have enough runners and ryders I'm happy to watch this from the sidelines.

I'd love half the forum to be in on the fun if it was just up to me.  I've built in some flexibility if things ever get out of hand.  I'm putting you on the list.   :coolio

Oh great. Now I'm in 10th place!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
That's for speaking ill will of Jorn Lande. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

:rollin

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
TAC is now 12th...out of 11 players.  :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
When do we get our mystery songs?  ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
TAC is now The Mystery Song.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Kingshmegland is the Mystery Meat.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

I want to give another day or two to see who else signs up.  I've seen a few people around who are roulette participants that would add a lot of value if they joined.  Dunno if they're burned out, too busy, thinking it over, or reading my OP or RYM and such to evaluate whether they're up for it. 

You in, king?  You have far more practice and skill at squabbling with TAC than I do, and I think we'd all miss that.  :P

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
In if there's still space.

Haven't read the OP, don't know what I'm getting into  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son

I want to give another day or two to see who else signs up.  I've seen a few people around who are roulette participants that would add a lot of value if they joined.  Dunno if they're burned out, too busy, thinking it over, or reading my OP or RYM and such to evaluate whether they're up for it. 

You in, king?  You have far more practice and skill at squabbling with TAC than I do, and I think we'd all miss that.  :P
He'll do that regardless :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

He'll do that regardless :biggrin:

Shit, he's got my phone number. I hear it all day!  :lol

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Alright I'm in, I should be able to play it fast and loose enough to send something decent for each round.

Also what does it mean when you have something listed as owned on your RYM but it has no rating? :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Kingshmegland is hotdog.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Kingshmegland is hotdog.

More like a weenie.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Also what does it mean when you have something listed as owned on your RYM but it has no rating? :lol

Probably depends upon the example.  Most likely that I have a physical or digital copy, but haven't gotten around to rating it yet (lots of those), or maybe haven't actually heard it yet.  Or heard it and wasn't confident enough in a rating to give it one. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Can Spotify listens transfer to RYM?

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

Probably depends upon the example.  Most likely that I have a physical or digital copy, but haven't gotten around to rating it yet (lots of those), or maybe haven't actually heard it yet.  Or heard it and wasn't confident enough in a rating to give it one.

Okay, I'll ask you about the specific album when the time is right. ;D
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Member
Pretty much everything on RYM is input manually, but it's a great resource for keeping track of what you have and finding new music.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Pretty much everything on RYM is input manually, but it's a great resource for keeping track of what you have and finding new music.

How would you find new music? I feel like I have a number of resources now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Tah dah!!

https://rateyourmusic.com/~TACDTF

Now I have no idea what to do now. :lol

Apparently TAC was already in use....fucking asshole.

• DTF.org Member

Tah dah!!

Now I have no idea what to do now. :lol

Apparently TAC was already in use....fucking asshole.
Nice! Now once you start adding stuff to your collection and rating albums and/or reviewing albums, RYM can start making recommendations. Here is what my recommendations looks like. You can also edit various filters to change what kind of recommendations you receive.

I mostly use it to keep track of my collection and rate stuff I listen to and write occasional reviews, but I do get some awesome rec's once in a while.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
You can also connect your Spotify account to RYM, but I'm not sure how much integration there is outside of auto creating playlists of recommendations.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
How do I add stuff? And rate it? I've been pressing a lot of buttons, but I'm going in circles.

• DTF.org Member
How do I add stuff? And rate it? I've been pressing a lot of buttons, but I'm going in circles.
Use the search at the top of the site to find albums or artists. Then you can rate albums on the album pages and add them to your collection there as well. It takes a minute to get used to the site, because it throws a lot of info at you. Which is another reason I like it, I can find info on just about any band I want.

On the artist pages there are little pull down tabs next to each of the albums where you can add them to your collection and/or rate them. I find this to be the easiest way for me.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Live footage from Tim's house.

• DTF.org Member
Jeez, is that Windows 3.11? I could see Tim using that still. :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Use the search at the top of the site to find albums or artists. Then you can rate albums on the album pages and add them to your collection there as well. It takes a minute to get used to the site, because it throws a lot of info at you. Which is another reason I like it, I can find info on just about any band I want.

Update!  :metal :metal

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Uh oh, he has it working, now we won't see him for about a decade. 

Offline Lethean

I approve of your Images and Words rating. :)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I think I'll post the first two mystery songs tomorrow evening.  Since I'm sure it'll take a bit for everyone to listen and send, that'll give a bit more time after that for any other stragglers to join.