Author Topic: LithoJazzoSphere Roulette V1: Variety & Reciprocity (Post-Roulette Playlist)  (Read 110351 times)

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Re: LithoJazzoSphere's 1st Roulette: Vol. I: Variety & Reciprocity (send for R1)
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2022, 02:39:56 PM »

Somebody wake up Elite!

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: LithoJazzoSphere's 1st Roulette: Vol. I: Variety & Reciprocity (send for R1)
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2022, 02:47:23 PM »
This is another reason why roulettes can last forever even if the host is quick. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2022, 03:55:25 PM »
Shame him on the thread title ;D

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2022, 04:03:25 PM »
Litho, want to start eliminations before we even get going?  :rollin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2022, 04:04:45 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2022, 04:14:44 PM »
I'll just say, his song better be worth the wait.   :D

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2022, 04:22:06 PM »
I'll just say, his song better be worth the wait.   :D

Did you not see what he sent in the last round for me? Good lord

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »
Isn't he in the Netherlands?  A lot of my favorite vocalists are there, so if he's scrambling to record a brand new band to submit with Anneke van Giersbergen or something like that, that will definitely be an acceptable excuse.   :hat

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2022, 05:02:15 PM »
I heard Elatebergen has already recorded their new album, but the record company is WAITING for them to deliver it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2022, 06:31:24 PM »
I have a question... will you take into account whether you can tell if someone put some thought into sending a similar track to the ones you sent? Will/how could that be reflected in the scoring?

Offline Lethean

« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2022, 06:40:32 PM »
This reminds me of the time when I put lots and lots of thought into Puppies' Rush themed roulette, only to have people send stuff like "this song is poppy and so are some Rush songs..."

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2022, 06:48:24 PM »
I have a question... will you take into account whether you can tell if someone put some thought into sending a similar track to the ones you sent? Will/how could that be reflected in the scoring?

I'm not directly weighing it, per se.  An unrelated great song is still a great song and can score well.  But I can definitely tell some people thought about it more than others, with varying results, but it's probably at least subconsciously boosted a few entries.  I'm looking for both stuff similar to my songs that I've overlooked, as well as music I'd never have even thought of, which is part of the benefit of having higher participation, so I'm more likely to get some of each. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2022, 07:03:05 PM »
But trying to tailor a song in a similar style is...restrictive..for someone trying to do the right thing, as opposed to others that say fuck it and send whatever, no?

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2022, 07:15:04 PM »
Well, that might be riskier, particularly if you don't have a grasp of what I like.  But some people probably don't care, and that's cool, I like having them anyway.  :)  The purpose of the mystery songs is to show people a particular side of my taste, to give a theme to the feel of each round, for me to recommend music, and to feel like I'm participating in my own roulette, particularly since I'm dozens of roulettes of participation behind a bunch of you.  That's why I have a variety of types of rounds, some are more boxed-in intentionally, others are wide open. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2022, 07:19:52 PM »
Got it. Just asking.  :)

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2022, 07:26:17 PM »
And it also brings up something early on that I've been thinking about off and on since then. 

And with a banned list like that, what the hell do you need to run a roulette for!?!?!   :lol :lol

It's true, I have a lot of music, and I spend a lot of time looking for more.  I don't need any new music, I already have more than I'll ever be able to fully digest.  But I think it's the positive angle of FOMO.  As much as I look, I have my own biases and blind spots, and sometimes other people can realize things about you that you don't even grok yourself.  People here all have been on different musical journeys than me, have different things to offer, and this gives me an excuse to spend time thinking more deeply about whatever they have to share that they think I might find interesting. 

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2022, 07:30:15 PM »
This reminds me of the time when I put lots and lots of thought into Puppies' Rush themed roulette, only to have people send stuff like "this song is poppy and so are some Rush songs..."
In hindsight I should have been more strict with the theme in that roulette, but eh.... I still enjoyed a lot of what you and everyone else sent. In the end it's all just fun and games.  :corn :metal

And it also brings up something early on that I've been thinking about off and on since then. 

And with a banned list like that, what the hell do you need to run a roulette for!?!?!   :lol :lol

It's true, I have a lot of music, and I spend a lot of time looking for more.  I don't need any new music, I already have more than I'll ever be able to fully digest.  But I think it's the positive angle of FOMO.  As much as I look, I have my own biases, and sometimes other people can realize things about you that you don't even grok yourself.  People here all have been on different musical journeys than me, and this gives me an excuse to spend time thinking more deeply about whatever they have to share that they think I might find interesting. 
This is why I still run roulettes. I mean my active music library consists of over 10,000 albums and that's after culling a bunch of albums I still had but hated, even after trying them multiple times. This also doesn't count all the classical music I have on vinyl and all the classic rock/pop/etc music that I grew up with and know quite intimately, but never bought those particular albums. I don't need new music, but I love the game and have fun running roulettes.....and participating in them.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2022, 07:34:03 PM »
I don't need new music, but I love the game and have fun running roulettes.....and participating in them.

Yes!

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2022, 07:42:44 PM »
And also, some of my favorite music is from discoveries I've made in the last few years that wasn't even on my radar at all a decade ago, sometimes new music or new to you music is better or more suited to your shifting tastes than all the music you already own is. 

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2022, 10:20:14 AM »
Sent!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2022, 10:44:19 AM »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2022, 02:20:29 PM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »

??: ___________ - _____ ___ _______
??: _____ ___ _______ - ________ _____
??: ______ ____ - _ _______ _____
??: ______ _______ - _____ __ ___ ___
??: __ - _ _______
??: _______ - _______ _____ ____
??: ________ - _______ ____ ___ ___ ______
??: ____ ___________ - __ ______'_ ___
??: ______ - ______
??: _____ - _________
??: ________ __ _____ - _________
??: ___ ___ ______ - _ ______ _______
??: ________'_ _____ - _________
??: ____ - ____ ___ __
??: _ ________ - ______ ______
??: _______ ____'_ ___ - ___________
??: ____ ______ - __ ___ _______ ____ __ _____
??: ________ - _'__ ____ _______ _
??: ________ __ - ___________
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 03:05:32 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: LithoJazzoSphere's 1st Roulette: Vol. I: Variety & Reciprocity (R1 hangman)
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2022, 03:12:59 PM »
Caligula’s Horse - Marigold
IQ - A Missile
Squ

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2022, 03:45:54 PM »
T

Online Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2022, 03:57:11 PM »
M
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2022, 03:58:05 PM »
Can I Buy a Vowel?  :laugh:

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2022, 04:01:01 PM »

??: ___________ - _____ ___ _______
??: _____ t__ _m_____ - ________ ___t_
??: _____t ____ - _ M______ _____
??: ______ ______t - _____ T_ ___ ___
??: IQ - A Missile
??: _______ - _m_____ _____ ___t
??: __t_____ - _____m_ ____ ___ t__ T____t
??: ____ ___m_t_____ - M_ __t___'_ ___
??: T_m___ - ______
??: _____ - ____t____
??: ___t____ __ M_t__ - _________
??: T__ ___ M_____ - _ ___t__ _______
??: Caligula's Horse - _________
??: ____ - ____ __m __
??: _ _______t - _____t ___t__
??: _m_____ ____'_ ___ - _______t___
??: ___t __m___ - __ t__ ___t___ ___m __ ___t_
??: ________ - _'__ ____ _______ _
??: _______m __ - _____tt____

Letters guessed:  T, M

Online Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2022, 04:02:07 PM »
Cyril already sent A Novelist I see

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2022, 04:02:33 PM »
E

Litho, can you keep a list of the chosen letters at the bottom?

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2022, 04:02:37 PM »
Caligula’s Horse - Marigold

Wrong song. 

Can I Buy a Vowel?  :laugh:

Gotta make sure the check clears first.  :)

Litho, can you keep a list of the chosen letters at the bottom?

Yeah, definitely a learning curve to this. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2022, 04:17:23 PM »
Daydream XI-Forgettable

I had asked for an E, please.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2022, 04:18:14 PM »
Six Roaming Owls - The Great Migration (Part I)

give me the inaugural D

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2022, 04:25:25 PM »
I had asked for an E, please.
Saw it.  I might experiment with this, but I wanna try letter updates in 2-unit increments, at least while I'm near a computer. 

Six Roaming Owls - The Great Migration (Part I)
Let's make it eight.