Author Topic: LithoJazzoSphere Roulette V1: Variety & Reciprocity (Post-Roulette Playlist)  (Read 110349 times)

Offline HOF

Litho, in terms of what's banned - is there anything in the "soft banned list" that I wouldn't pick up if I just use your RYM (which is how I do my ban lists as well)? Just a little confusing having two separate sources if both are needed, but I can do it if necessary.

I did a quick search for someone I thought about sending on his RYM page and got a million unrelated results, so I didn't even bother after that!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
We have someone joining who is pretty swamped the next month and may not be sending in the early rounds, but should be more free after that.  I'm gonna be pretty lenient in general, especially with all of the holidays, this is often the busiest time of year for a lot of people. 

Litho, did you get my entry the other night? Having some trouble with that email account that I sent it from.

I did. 

Litho, in terms of what's banned - is there anything in the "soft banned list" that I wouldn't pick up if I just use your RYM (which is how I do my ban lists as well)? Just a little confusing having two separate sources if both are needed, but I can do it if necessary.

I did a quick search for someone I thought about sending on his RYM page and got a million unrelated results, so I didn't even bother after that!

If your search has more common words it's going to pull in other artists that also have those words in their names or albums, but it should still be listed alphabetically, so you might need to scroll down or go to the next page or two.  I'm sure there is music I'm familiar with that didn't make it to the soft ban list, other music that didn't make to RYM, and some that didn't make it to either.  It's definitely best to check both the list and RYM if you can, but don't worry too much about it, if you send something I'm already too familiar with I'll let you know so you can resend. 

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
So what have you been listening to this year? And where have you been? I haven't seen your name around here in a while.

Mostly acoustic albums, lots of instrumental guitar and piano music. I still listen to metal I suppose, but I haven't been discovering anything new in the genre and also wasn't checking most of the new albums that came out. As for where I have been, I explained it in the post in Luke's roulette. Him reaching out to me was actually the catalyst for me to start posting again.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 05:56:11 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Big Hath (miss him) sent me Odyssey / Amon Ra in one of my roulettes.  I enjoyed it bigly.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ ... 19 players and 14 rounds! :omg:  Litho, I admire your zeal but man alive, that's a bold effort for a 1st roulette!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

So what have you been listening to this year? And where have you been? I haven't seen your name around here in a while.

Mostly acoustic albums, lots of instrumental guitar and piano music. I still listen to metal I suppose, but I haven't been discovering anything new in the genre and also wasn't checking most of the new albums that came out. As for where I have been, I explained it in the post in Luke's roulette. Him reaching out to me was actually the catalyst for me to start posting again.

I'm glad you're back. :)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

100% dude! I can't imagine how hard the last year or so has been for you, your friends your family. I'm glad you're back here and hoping that shooting the shit about music, with friends, is helping some.

I feel for old times sake we should do a plug.dj session and get loads of us involved  :heart

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

:heart

I'm glad you're back here and hoping that shooting the shit about music, with friends, is helping some.

It does somewhat.

I had a good friend in Ukraine, known him for like 15 or 16 years, and now all of a sudden we're not friends anymore as he's blaming me for what's happening and I really can't argue this (I've tried but it's pointless), not with his parents' houses being bombed by the very country I live in.

I feel for old times sake we should do a plug.dj session and get loads of us involved  :heart

I'd be down for that!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

I'd be down for that!

Apparently plug.dj doesn't work anymore. :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

100% dude! I can't imagine how hard the last year or so has been for you, your friends your family. I'm glad you're back here and hoping that shooting the shit about music, with friends, is helping some.

Unfortunately Plug.dj is no more. I started a Discord server a while back for some of us DTFers to listen to music together, but then the Discord music bots all stopped working. I could potentially integrate my Plex server with the Discord server, but I haven't had time to look into that.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline twosuitsluke

I'd be down for that!

Ahhh dude, that sucks. Those sessions used to be so much fun. Surely there is something similar out there?

Unfortunately Plug.dj is no more. I started a Discord server a while back for some of us DTFers to listen to music together, but then the Discord music bots all stopped working. I could potentially integrate my Plex server with the Discord server, but I haven't had time to look into that.

Puppies, that sounds great. How much work would that be?

Offline Lethean

I had a good friend in Ukraine, known him for like 15 or 16 years, and now all of a sudden we're not friends anymore as he's blaming me for what's happening and I really can't argue this (I've tried but it's pointless), not with his parents' houses being bombed by the very country I live in.
I'm so sorry to hear that.  Maybe eventually he'll come around a little bit.  Or not, but I hope so.  Sometimes misdirecting anger helps people feel a little better or at least distracts them a little.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Yeah, working customer service taught me that sometimes the problem people were excessively frustrated or angry with is just the most proximate and visible thing they can latch onto.  They can't always address what's really bothering them, so you're a convenient target for them to unload on. 

In roulette updates, I'm still waiting on submissions from a number of you.  I'd rather listen to everything once before piling on multiple listens to the earliest entries. 

Offline twosuitsluke

You've got mine right?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Yep.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Pretty sure I sent mine...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Yep.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I'd be down for that!

That's good because there'd be no way I would remember how it works. It was a damn miracle I figured it out in the first place.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Puppies, that sounds great. How much work would that be?
I think it will be relatively easy, I will just need to test a few things.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline senecadawg2

Well, like the others said, I'm really glad to see you back. Even though I haven't been around very much lately either, you've definitely been in my thoughts.  :-* :-*
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: LithoJazzoSphere's 1st Roulette: Vol. I: Variety & Reciprocity (send for R1)
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2022, 07:32:41 PM »
Let's go slackers! Get your songs in!!!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Re: LithoJazzoSphere's 1st Roulette: Vol. I: Variety & Reciprocity (send for R1)
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2022, 07:36:41 PM »
 :rollin

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2022, 08:04:26 PM »
oh yeah i've been too busy all week stressing about a youtube premiere to even start thinking about this but i can check it now

where are the songs i need to listen to. show me

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2022, 08:05:16 PM »
oh yeah i've been too busy all week stressing about a youtube premiere to even start thinking about this but i can check it now

I saw it in my feed tonight, but...it's an hour long!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2022, 08:07:51 PM »

where are the songs i need to listen to. show me

send submissions to lithojazzosphere@outlook.com, but I'll try and check both just in case people forget.  Youtube links are easiest for me to manage, but pretty much anything else is ok as well. 

Round one should be a softball to warm up.  Maybe not my specific slant on it, but the styles in general. 

Kingfisher Sky - "To Turn the Tables" - from the To Turn the Tables EP, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqNziM06n-8

Odyssey - "Amon-Ra" - from the Odyssey EP, 1999
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CEhn5WeXVU

Send back one song that reminds me of something about the vibes of either of these.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2022, 12:05:50 AM »

I saw it in my feed tonight, but...it's an hour long!
yeah you wouldn't care about any of it anyways so  :hat

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2022, 01:12:02 AM »
Could you, just to make it easier for us, place links to the post(s) containing the round’s songs in the OP?

Thank! Will try to send something today :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2022, 11:37:46 AM »
Sent something I'm surprised you didn't even have wishlisted :corn

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2022, 11:49:03 AM »
Could you, just to make it easier for us, place links to the post(s) containing the round’s songs in the OP?

That's a good idea, sure. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2022, 12:19:34 PM »
i have sent

woe, plague be upon ye

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2022, 08:12:58 AM »
Sent

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2022, 10:34:49 AM »
Sent, first ever

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2022, 12:46:04 PM »
I might be ready to send this evening, but if not then should certainly be tomorrow. As I say, future rounds should be much quicker!

EDIT: Sent!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 02:28:41 PM by ariich »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2022, 02:40:58 PM »
So we now have 18/19 entries.  You will never guess who is left.  :neverusethis:

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2022, 02:43:08 PM »
Surely not my namesake!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »
So we now have 18/19 entries.  You will never guess who is left.  :neverusethis:

Elate!