Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving DTF!  (Read 2457 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Happy Thanksgiving DTF!
« on: November 24, 2022, 06:07:50 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving guys, I'm thankful to have this great community to share my awful music opinions with. I hope everyone and their respective families have a great day.

I'm personally off to my sister-in-laws and it'll be a shitshow like every year, thankfully I'm bringing booze.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving DTF!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 06:18:32 AM »
Same for all!!  Working on the turkey now. The queen is picking the rest of the herbs for the turkey from our yard right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 06:32:15 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving DTF! I'm thankful everyday to be able to check in here and find a friend.

Will be spending the day not far from where the Pilgrims landed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 07:12:33 AM »
I posted this in another thread, but this feels like an equally appropriate home for the following sentiment:

I've never been a huge 'Thanksgiving' guy, but this year I am certainly feeling extra grateful.

Ten days later, my wife is well on the road to recovery and all is 'almost' back to normal in my house.

That said, I wanted to take a moment and say 'thanks' to everyone who participates in this forum (extra loud shout out to anyone who posted in this thread–deeply appreciated).

I realize that this forum is merely a small group of disparate music fans congregating on an archaic platform, but for my purposes, DTF is my 'home base.'

And any time I've needed an uplifting distraction, be it last week or at other points in my life, this forum has provided me with just that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 07:47:02 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving.  I've been part of this community for over 20 years and am thankful for each and every one of you.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 08:01:20 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving all. Heading to my aunt and uncle's later, it's going to be a full blow family reunion this year with I think 27 total for dinner.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 08:03:29 AM »
Hope everyone has as good of a day as possible.

Except Stadler.

Hope he has an even better day than possible!  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 08:04:58 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. Got the turkey on the rotisserie/smoker and doing some house cleaning in anticipation of "the brood" coming over.

Thanks for all the friendship through the year(s). Love yous guys!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2022, 08:21:12 AM »
I'll be off to a meeting where I'm sure gratitude will be the topic of discussion, then off to my brother's house. It'll be a small gathering this year as most are at the houses of SO's, so more turkey for me!!

In the great words of the fellowship's founder Bill W...

"I try hard to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain great conceits. When brimming with gratitude, one’s heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion we can ever know." 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2022, 08:34:15 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you get to create some new, great memories!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 08:42:15 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sadly for me, I've been stuck in bed for almost 3 days with the flu.  My fever finally broke last night so I have that to be thankful for, but I couldn't fly to Florida to see my parents so I'm just home alone for the holiday.  I'm grateful to be on the road to getting better.  I haven't had an appetite at all so if anything my Thanksgiving feast may just be a turkey sandwich  :lol since that's one of the few things I have in my fridge to eat.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 08:58:08 AM »
For fourteen of fifteen years, I'd grab an extra shift on Monday and/or Tuesday, then work double shifts on T'giving, on Friday, and a morning one on Saturday.  BIG MONEY <hums a Rush song>. Always took in my little 8" TV to watch the Lions game.  The one year that I did spend with my then wife's family in Metro Detroit, even though there were 70,000+ in attendance at The Silverdome, it was blacked out. :facepalm:  We did always spend 3-4 very enjoyable days there over Christmas.

So, I know it's tough for those who cannot spend time with family for one reason or another.  Now, it's me and the wife and dog, and I treasure our time together.  Plus, I just sit and sympathize for my old Lion fan friends.

That said, to end on a high note, quoting a famous radio station manager, 'As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!'  :lol

« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 04:59:58 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 10:35:36 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet in the three years I've been here, but I am truly grateful to be a part of this community. You are all very kind and fun people, and I am happy that I've been here as long as I have. I appreciate every single one of you who posts on this forum. :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2022, 12:06:12 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, DTF.  Lots to be thankful for.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2022, 12:10:38 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, DTF.  Lots to be thankful for.

Thank you Bosk for keeping the light on around here. It is truly appreciated.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 12:26:21 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sadly for me, I've been stuck in bed for almost 3 days with the flu.  My fever finally broke last night so I have that to be thankful for, but I couldn't fly to Florida to see my parents so I'm just home alone for the holiday.  I'm grateful to be on the road to getting better.  I haven't had an appetite at all so if anything my Thanksgiving feast may just be a turkey sandwich  :lol since that's one of the few things I have in my fridge to eat.

Oh man feel better Marc. I got the flu a few weeks ago, first time in at least 20 years and it absolutely kicked my ass.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 01:51:21 PM »
Cheers!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 03:22:00 PM »
Happy TG, y'all!

Hope you enjoy your turkey while I enjoy my filet mignon and homemade mac & cheese!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2022, 05:39:01 PM »
You take that turkey hate outta here!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2022, 06:27:58 PM »
Oof... So fucking full...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2022, 06:34:33 PM »
RJ, this full?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2022, 06:35:36 PM »
 :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2022, 07:06:49 PM »
Still haven't left the table  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2022, 07:12:58 PM »
 :lol

Good luck son!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2022, 08:37:38 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Simplified meal at the Cool house as it was just the 4 of us. Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry (which I don't eat), and rolls. Nothing more I need on my Thanksgiving plate.

I know it's been a tough year for many of us here, thank you to all for sticking it out and keeping the band together, even during the rough times.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2022, 08:48:16 PM »

Not gonna lie, I like Thanksgiving for the get togethers but thanksgiving is trash tier. The casseroles are bad and every turkey that's not deep fried is pretty bad.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2022, 09:20:10 PM »

Not gonna lie, I like Thanksgiving for the get togethers but thanksgiving is trash tier. The casseroles are bad and every turkey that's not deep fried is pretty bad.

I can change ever opinion in this comment in one meal.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2022, 09:42:18 PM »
A turkey sandwich for a Friday lunch is often better than turkey on Thanksgiving.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2022, 09:56:08 PM »
A turkey sandwich for a Friday lunch is often better than turkey on Thanksgiving.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the turkey sando right now to be honest... Got my cheap white bread and mayo ready to go

Edit-eating turkey sando now.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 10:03:23 PM by lonestar »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2022, 10:16:54 PM »
Did you incorporate the Moist-Maker?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2022, 10:33:05 PM »
Moist maker?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2022, 11:14:03 PM »
The Moist-Maker isn't taught in How to be a Chef 101?

https://youtu.be/l9FG4kg8HNU?t=152

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2022, 12:29:37 AM »
:lol  Glorious.

Welp, had a pretty great day, all told.  We didn't get to do our annual get-together with my mom, brother, and sister last year because my step-dad was going on 90 and has a number of Covid risk factors.  So even with everyone being vaxxed, when we had their weird wave last year right around this time, nobody wanted to take the risk.  So we were all REALLY looking forward to it this year. 

...and my wife tested positive for Covid yesterday. 

So instead of going to my sister's for the long weekend, we just did some last minute shopping to do our own meal.  Got up and went for a 20 mile bike ride this morning, said some prayers for a LOT of things I am thankful for, and then got cooking with the kids while my wife rested.  We had a lot of fun cooking together, enjoyed some good food, and did a Haweye rewatch marathon (squeezed in a bit of football too).  And in the middle of all of that, put together a plan with my mom and sister to make up for not being able to be there.  The plan is, we will head down to my sister's on Friday, 12/23 and spend the night.  We'll have a light breakfast Christmas eve morning and then head over to Levi's Stadium to tailgate and cook out, and then head in to the stadium for the SF/Washington game.  Then probably to downtown San Jose for a Christmas Eve dinner, and cap off the weekend with other family fun.  Should be epic.  Plans have been made and tickets have been purchased.

So, the day didn't go as planned.  But a lot happened.  And it's all good.  And I'm thankful.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2022, 05:20:49 AM »

Wow! You've been eating with the wrong cooks.

I can change ever opinion in this comment in one meal.

I'm extremely confident I could as well.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2022, 05:58:11 AM »
Did you incorporate the Moist-Maker?

We still talking about turkeys?