Author Topic: RIP Burt Bacharach  (Read 730 times)

Offline frogprog

RIP Burt Bacharach
« on: February 09, 2023, 08:45:40 AM »
What an incredible songwriter. Some of his songs were the soundtrack of my early youth. RIP Sir.

Online HOF

Re: RIP Burt Bacharach
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 09:10:59 AM »
That’s sad. I am not overly familiar with his music (I probably know more than I realize), but I’ve liked Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head since I was a kid and have been meaning to try to check out more of his music.

Offline frogprog

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 09:52:37 AM »
There is a good documentary I saw on PBS that has a bunch of "videos" actually probably tv clips with a bunch of his famous songs with Dianne Warwick, Herb Albert and other 60's stars. Some might find the 60's imagery, costumes and sets cheesy but those songs and visuals put me in a good mood  :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 10:02:40 AM »
A titan.  A songwriting machine.

RIP
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline frogprog

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 10:03:53 AM »
There is also Faith No More's cover of "this guys in love with you"! Great vocals by Mike Patton. Im sure there are more rock covers as well.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 10:28:26 AM »
^didn't realize that, will give it a go for sure.

I know he was a big influence on Kevin Gilbert, and just a few years back they did 1 of those big Tributes. It might have been a Kennedy Center honors thing for him, and I recall Dionne Warwick being very involved.

She and others did his tune "What the World Needs Now is Love"

Oddly, there's a new documentary on HBOMax about Dionne Warwick that my wife and I have been meaning to watch, and almost did last night. I gotta believe there's a good amount about Burt Bachrach in it.

Anyway, RIP.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 10:48:17 AM »
Sad News      very talented man for sure
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 10:56:21 AM »
A sad day indeed.  I grew up listening to Burt Bacharach, since my mom always had the radio on.  Burt had many, many great songs that I still love to this day.