Author Topic: FIFA World Cup Football 2022 (Qatar)  (Read 13098 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: FIFA World Cup Football 2022 (Qatar)
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2022, 02:01:00 PM »
and if you don't have Facebook,  Hockey player (Ovechkin) vs Soccer player  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfxQSxbOuc   :rollin

Alex Ovechkin played a soccer game in a league in Russia last Summer and I saw clips of him fending off someone (since he's a pretty huge dude) and got a goal (pretty much near his spot that he would fire his power play hockey goals that's he's known for).

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2022, 02:13:18 PM »
Tough one for Mexico

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2022, 02:19:10 PM »
I didn't like Mexico in first two games but Poland was even worse, didn't even seem to try. And somehow they advanced to the next round. Where they play France, that'll be fun :lol

Can't wait for Belgium vs Croatia tomorrow!
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2022, 02:19:26 PM »
Tough one for Mexico

This is what always bugs me in this form of tournament. You lose your last game and still advance to the next round.

I know they got the necessary points and goals in their previous games but still seems strange.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline pg1067

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »
The problem is how would you punish overacting? Should referee say: "you looked like it hurt 4/5 but it should hurt 2/5".
It's really hard to make a decision about it. On the other hand, trying to deceive a referee when there's no contact at all should be retroactively punished with a least a match ban.
Don't get me wrong, overacting is disgusting as well, I just don't see an easy way to fix it.

The NHL has no problem with it.  Obviously, lots of things are subjective, and refs aren't perfect, but it generally works pretty well.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2022, 03:26:36 PM »
Tough one for Mexico

This is what always bugs me in this form of tournament. You lose your last game and still advance to the next round.

Well, France won the last game and won their group so.....  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2022, 03:28:48 PM »
Tough one for Mexico

I know they got the necessary points and goals in their previous games but still seems strange.

Every team plays every other team in the group exactly once. Of course in some cases that will mean the laat match could be for naught, or it could mean you lose the game, but still advance based on the result of the previous games. In essence, you could view the whole round (all three matches a team plays) as one large game stretched over multiple games.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2022, 05:38:53 PM »
The problem is how would you punish overacting? Should referee say: "you looked like it hurt 4/5 but it should hurt 2/5".
It's really hard to make a decision about it. On the other hand, trying to deceive a referee when there's no contact at all should be retroactively punished with a least a match ban.
Don't get me wrong, overacting is disgusting as well, I just don't see an easy way to fix it.

Start yellow carding the players who flop or embellish, and make it to where it can happen after the match is over if caught on replay.  And in the case of the World Cup, make it to where the second offense is then a red card.  Players will stop flopping so match if they start hurting their team or getting penalized for it, but just like basketball, the people who run the sport are gutless and would rather it look like a clown show.  When the flops outnumber the goals in any given match by a wide distance, it is a problem. And I enjoy watching the World Cup, but the constant flopping is a major detriment to the sport.  Nearly everyone I know who has zero interest in watching it has cited the flopping as being too unbearable to watch as a reason why.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2022, 05:41:20 PM »
The Mexico v Saudi Arabia match was very exciting. I wish Mexico could have managed to score one more goal. They certainly deserved it.

With regard to “flopping”, I feel like this has been less of an issue since VAR was introduced. But yes, I wish the players weren’t so overly dramatic when they go down.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2022, 06:10:14 PM »

Start yellow carding the players who flop or embellish, and make it to where it can happen after the match is over if caught on replay.  And in the case of the World Cup, make it to where the second offense is then a red card.  Players will stop flopping so match if they start hurting their team or getting penalized for it, but just like basketball, the people who run the sport are gutless and would rather it look like a clown show.  When the flops outnumber the goals in any given match by a wide distance, it is a problem. And I enjoy watching the World Cup, but the constant flopping is a major detriment to the sport.  Nearly everyone I know who has zero interest in watching it has cited the flopping as being too unbearable to watch as a reason why.

And you can also address this as a matter of "player safety". If you're on the turf for more than 5 seconds, automatically ineligible to play for 15 minutes in order to ensure you don't injure yourself further. I don't know the in and outs of football rules, but in this case I would imagine you'd be allowed to sub in another player during that time.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2022, 10:24:01 PM »
Tough one for Mexico

Every team plays every other team in the group exactly once. Of course in some cases that will mean the laat match could be for naught, or it could mean you lose the game, but still advance based on the result of the previous games. In essence, you could view the whole round (all three matches a team plays) as one large game stretched over multiple games.

Obviously I know and understand this but right after the match it's sometimes strange to see the loser celebrate and the winner  crying.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2022, 01:51:01 AM »
I don't condone flopping either, but staying down is probably a way to draw attention to the foul. No referee is going to award a foul or even a penalty if someone who suffered a legit foul gets up immediately after. This of course is no excuse to cry and whine and act like they're dying, I despise it as well, but I get the general idea of drawing attention to the foul.

Also, as someone pointed out, you can't judge the severity of the hurt, it's a classic case of "this is why we can't have nice things" or the entire classroom being punished for two-three bad kids misbeaving. Players will always suffer legit hits that genuinely hurt, but the divers will make them pass as "actors" as well.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2022, 11:35:03 AM »
So Morocco are through at Belgium’s expense. It’s a deserved outcome.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2022, 01:21:00 PM »
So Morocco are through at Belgium’s expense. It’s a deserved outcome.

Yeah, I have nothing against Belgium but for whatever reason they spent years at the top of the FIFA ranking and they never won anything. Even Denmark and Greece won an euro championship. At a certain point if they always fail to live up to their potential, it's kinda "ah well, screw them"  :D

And yes, great job Morocco!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2022, 01:59:08 PM »
Wow.. Japan knocks off Spain to win the group.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2022, 02:02:03 PM »
And Germany is out  :facepalm:

Imagine Nelson saying 'ha ha'

There was a short time when both Japan and Costa Rica were in the lead and both Spain and Germany were out. Now that would have been crazy and funny.  :D

Online faizoff

« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2022, 02:03:06 PM »
The last two games between Spain vs Japan and Germany vs Costa Rica were absolutely wild. All four teams at some point were on to the next round or out during the course of the game. So crazy!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2022, 02:10:09 PM »
We had to pick between Spain and Germany, and got Japan ;D no disrespect but I think Croatia have better chance against them than Spain
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2022, 02:14:11 PM »
We had to pick between Spain and Germany, and got Japan ;D no disrespect but I think Croatia have better chance against them than Spain

On paper, Spain and Germany should've beaten Japan.

I'd say we definitely have our Cinderella for this tournament. The J-metal girls are freaking out on Twitter right now  :lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2022, 02:21:35 PM »
This was the changing ranking of the group during the course of the game someone posted on reddit. Mins 70-73 were intense.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2022, 02:39:39 PM »
Damn, that was intense stuff. Most exciting group finish so far. I'm sad for Germany, was rooting for them. Yet Japan won from both them and Spain (and then somehow lost to Costa Rica? ??? )

Those two Costa Rican goals today were super ugly, would have been completely bonkers if those failures would mean Spain got tossed out (which was the case during the game for a few minutes).
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2022, 03:01:37 PM »
The last two games between Spain vs Japan and Germany vs Costa Rica were absolutely wild. All four teams at some point were on to the next round or out during the course of the game. So crazy!

That was high drama indeed. Quite exciting. I was flipping between the two matches.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2022, 03:45:01 PM »
Ok that was awesome and what every group in the world cup should be about  :metal

Those three minutes where Costa Rica and Japan eliminated Spain and Germany were the most crazy and funniest of the world cup so far  :lol

Pity for Germany, my love for a nation I visited many times made them my fallback team, but now the road goes on without them. Germany in 2014 equalized Italy by winning their fourth world cup, but not wanting to stop there, they imitated Italy as well by getting eliminated in the first round in the two consecutive editions. Now they should go all the way and not qualify for the next two editions  ;D

At this point, I'm gonna root for all the underdogs, I want Morocco, Ghana or even the Netherlands to win this.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2022, 05:34:27 PM »
Ok that was awesome and what every group in the world cup should be about  :metal

Those three minutes where Costa Rica and Japan eliminated Spain and Germany were the most crazy and funniest of the world cup so far  :lol

Pity for Germany, my love for a nation I visited many times made them my fallback team, but now the road goes on without them. Germany in 2014 equalized Italy by winning their fourth world cup, but not wanting to stop there, they imitated Italy as well by getting eliminated in the first round in the two consecutive editions. Now they should go all the way and not qualify for the next two editions  ;D

At this point, I'm gonna root for all the underdogs, I want Morocco, Ghana or even the Netherlands to win this.

I'm pulling for the underdog as well, the US  :biggrin:

Definitely want to see Japan do well too, love a good giant killer story.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2022, 10:14:05 AM »
Thank you, Ghana. Still feeling that thing from 2010. You got them good this time, despite losing :)

(That goal from South Korea definitely helped though :lol )

What a bizarre finish yet again! Great stuff!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 10:25:02 AM by Elite »
Squ

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2022, 10:17:25 AM »
Brazil X South Korea on the round of 16. NEXT!!!!!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2022, 10:26:55 AM »
Abysmal decisions from the Uruguayan coach to basically get all attackers off and try to defend a 2-0, while there was still the possibility of them not making the next round. Unbelievable that they let that one slip. They honestly should have (and could have) gone for a bigger win.
Squ

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2022, 10:32:09 AM »
Again, these matches were a lot of fun to watch, going right down to the wire. It’s a hard way to go out, when a team thinks they have things in the bag and all of a sudden the scoreline in the other match flips.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2022, 10:45:31 AM »
Brazil X South Korea on the round of 16. NEXT!!!!!

Brazil is going to win 7-0.

But never say never.....

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2022, 11:21:40 AM »
Abysmal decisions from the Uruguayan coach to basically get all attackers off and try to defend a 2-0, while there was still the possibility of them not making the next round. Unbelievable that they let that one slip. They honestly should have (and could have) gone for a bigger win.

They took the polish route, but without the same result.

Is it too much to ask for Switzerland to beat serbia by a couple of goals and for Brazil to lose with Camerun?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2022, 12:09:42 PM »
Honestly, I have not been impressed by Brazil so far
Squ

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2022, 12:26:42 PM »
Honestly, I have not been impressed by Brazil so far

Sorry you haven't been able to watch Brazil play yet, dude.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2022, 12:29:35 PM »
Well, there is that too :lol

I haven’t watched a ton, but I’ve been following closely. Mostly watching replays which obviously don’t give the full picture.
Squ

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2022, 12:39:41 PM »

Is it too much to ask for Switzerland to beat serbia by a couple of goals and for Brazil to lose with Camerun?

Yes.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2022, 02:03:44 PM »

Almost, man.

Brazil - Portugal would have been fun.
Squ