Author Topic: "Top 24 Favorite Singers + Elvis" countdown thread! (submissions due 11/26)  (Read 453 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Obviously, we were doing the other thread wrong by not mandating that Elvis be included.  So I am taking it upon myself to help Kev out with a do-over...

Okay, to keep the fun going, let's try something a little different!

We will do a top 25 for favorite singers.

I will count down the 25 singers in order, and they will be taken from lists of anyone who wants to send me theirs via PM. Do not post them on the forum here. Send them to me via PM.  I will take all of the lists and come up with the cumulative list and do the countdown from 25 to 1.

The rules:
-Singers must be listed from 25 to 1 in order (in reverse order), with no ties.  No having three singers at number 7 or anything like that.  DO NOT list your singers with the points total. List them in your order (I will figure out the points on my end).
-Any list submitted with the singers not numbered will be ignored.
-Anyone wanting to submit a list must do so by the end of day, Saturday, November 26th.  I will then begin the countdown shortly thereafter.
-The list will be tallied numerically in a simple way. On each list, whatever singer is at number 1 gets 25 points, number 2 gets 24 points, number 3 gets 23 points, etc.
-List each singer by their stage name (first and last name or just one name if it's someone who goes by just one name like Bono or Cher; do not send acronyms or just first or last names assuming I will know who you mean).
-PROOFREAD YOUR LISTS BEFORE SENDING THEM.  Any list with the same singer mentioned twice will be not be counted.

Feel free to post in this thread as well that you have PM'd me, if for no other reason than to bump this back up for others who may want to participate who may not have seen the thread yet.

For the purposes of this thread, a "singer" can apply to singers, screamers, growlers, etc.  A vocalist of any kind pretty much works.

This ranking engine link below works great if you have too much difficulty making one on your own. You can input all of the singers you want, and then you pick your favorite of every 1 on 1 matchup and then it spits out your list.

https://www.pubmeeple.com/ranking-engine
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Is it Vlasto Day again?!?!

:vlastoday:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Skeever

Are we sticking to basically Rock genres or does anything go? Thinking about Frank, Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, etc...