Author Topic: Top Of The World Tour 2023  (Read 69739 times)

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Top Of The World Tour 2023
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2022, 12:40:53 PM »

a big no to S2N. I don’t care for that song at all - it’s a skipper for me.
WOW !   :mehlin
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline krands85

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2022, 01:09:03 PM »
Got my ticket for Glasgow this morning. £88 - ouch!!

Wonder if all the tickets in this leg are as pricey?
Which section are those tickets in? When I looked, anything even remotely close to the stage was £95 face value and another FIFTEEN in fees. I just can't justify that anymore unfortunately, especially when you add on travel/accommodation costs.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2022, 01:11:49 PM »

a big no to S2N. I don’t care for that song at all - it’s a skipper for me.
WOW !   :mehlin

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2022, 01:14:19 PM »
You did it wrong.

:wow:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2022, 03:31:07 PM »

If they play Stream of Consciousness I would hope they play Vacant first.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2022, 04:13:38 PM »

Which section are those tickets in? When I looked, anything even remotely close to the stage was £95 face value and another FIFTEEN in fees. I just can't justify that anymore unfortunately, especially when you add on travel/accommodation costs.

I hear you, it’s pretty steep, especially with the cost of living increases we’re currently seeing.  :sad:

Mine is in the Stalls, row U. https://www.stub.com/sec-armadillo-tickets/

I think the top price I saw, without any of the extras, just the seat only slightly closer to the front was £109, excl fees. I couldn’t justify that, since I’m paying about the same as that for flights and accommodation already.

Besides, if they do end up playing S2N, it’s going to feel like even worse value for money…  ;)

Offline krands85

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2022, 05:33:41 PM »

I hear you, it’s pretty steep, especially with the cost of living increases we’re currently seeing.  :sad:

Mine is in the Stalls, row U. https://www.stub.com/sec-armadillo-tickets/

I think the top price I saw, without any of the extras, just the seat only slightly closer to the front was £109, excl fees. I couldn’t justify that, since I’m paying about the same as that for flights and accommodation already.

Besides, if they do end up playing S2N, it’s going to feel like even worse value for money…  ;)
That's not as bad as I thought then. I must not have looked properly, as I thought even the back row of the stalls was more expensive than £88.

Unfortunately it's nothing like the past, when I was lucky enough to get second row for the I&W and Beyond tour for £59 including fees!
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2022, 08:21:38 PM »
If I were president of DT, my call would be:  Somewhere in the middle of the set, play SOC, which gives James a nice break.  After that, he comes out, acknowledges the anniversary and says they are doing one more song, and they then go into ITNOG.

I'd be good with that! :tup

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2022, 05:09:00 AM »
I know everything is going up, but that's unjustifiable for a band like DT playing at this level. It's not like they're the Stones or Springsteen or Adele...

You're right, but neither the Stones, Springsteen or Adele can come close to the complexity and variety Dream Theater brings to the table. So I'll think they're easily worth the high price, even though it means I can't spend a lot these period, 'cause there aint much left over. It'll be the fifth time I'll see them perform live. I feel blessed.

I hope they'll do Answering the Call and Transcending Time, but I somehow hope for This Dying Soul and Octavarium the most (although they played them live before).
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2022, 07:32:45 AM »
You did it wrong.

I've been enlightened.

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2022, 09:11:33 AM »
Ok ok. Owen Wilson can fuck right off. He blows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2022, 11:09:43 AM »
Well, since he has appeared in a DT song and you have not, you lose.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2022, 12:33:48 PM »
I would be surprised if they changed ES for a different ToT song; they seem to enjoy playing it and the crowds love it, and they haven’t played anything else off the album (besides As I Am obviously) since MP left. That fact alone should be reason enough to finally bring back a different song, but I just don’t see it happening. I would loved to be shocked with This Dying Soul or ItNoG though (I would love to see Honor Thy Father live, but I know that’ll probably never happen).

I would guess 6:00, BitS, AtC and TMoLS will be swapped. Of the remaining MM era songs yet to be played, I really hope StR and AtC get picked up. I also hope if they swap out Ministry and AtC, they take that opportunity to bring in one of the long songs from 6DOIT they haven’t played with MM and a shorter song from one of the other albums they haven’t played this touring cycle yet.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2022, 01:31:53 PM »

Oh, that's right. Hence the Wow gif.  I didn't make the connection.

And I've been on a number of DT songs. If you have the Berklee '94 boot, then you've definitely heard me sing along.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2022, 03:14:15 PM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2022, 07:36:23 PM »

My setlist predictions:

6:00 replaced by Just Let Me Breathe.
Bridges in the Sky replaced by Sleeping Giant.
About to Crash replaced by S2N.
Ministry of Lost Souls replaced by In the Name of God.

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2022, 08:23:05 PM »

My setlist predictions:

What gives you that impressio? I’ll be shocked if they do that. I love JLMB but that just seems very out of left field.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2022, 12:07:40 AM »

My setlist predictions:

I definitely dig that
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2022, 12:29:42 AM »
I could see them adding Room 137(one of my personal favs from DOT), Surrender to Reason, Out of Reach, Answering the Call, Sleeping Giant, or Transcending Time (in exchange for a handful of songs of course). Maybe they will surprise and go back into the catalogue and bring out Only a Matter of Time, Lines in the Sand, Take Away my Pain, Blind Faith, Misunderstood or Erotomania? Or they could just play A View front to back  ;D - I’ve really grown to love the album.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2022, 06:25:55 AM »

My setlist predictions:

Bridges in the Sky replaced by Sleeping Giant.
About to Crash replaced by S2N.

I think this is plausible except I don’t think they would do both ES and INTNOG. Maybe put Sleeping Giant in place of ES. I think the set you proposed is awesome though.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2022, 12:02:16 PM »

Thanks! I have no reason to think JLMB will really happen, but I think it would be crazy and unexpected and a lot of fun live.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2022, 02:24:39 PM »
I would love that set, but I honestly would be surprised if any of those changes happened.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2022, 07:10:13 AM »
That's not why he loses.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2022, 09:08:43 AM »
There can be more than one reason.  :biggrin:

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2022, 12:28:12 AM »
:lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2022, 11:57:25 AM »
TADC, the promotors for the show in Stockholm have filed for bancruptcy....
All concerts this year have been cancelled.what will happen to the 2023 concerts is as yet unknown.
Might be that the concert is cancelled and that ticketholders loose their money.

Good call to splurge on golden circle this time ;)

Offline jadiggerdt

« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2022, 12:32:03 PM »
I think same setlist. Feels like this is tour part 2 for cities they didnt visit last tour.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2022, 12:59:04 PM »
I think same setlist. Feels like this is tour part 2 for cities they didnt visit last tour.

JP himself said there’d be a few changes to the set list: https://twitter.com/dreamtheaternet/status/1593329165625077760?s=46&t=T5TdZLLxPARW5tKzEIHJcg

I do get the impression from that video that’s it just one or two changes though..

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2022, 03:48:45 AM »
Well, Endless Sacrifice, Bridges in the Sky and Count of Tuscany are the songs I'm looking forward to seeing most, so I hope they keep those. In an ideal world I'd love to see Ministry of Lost Souls dropped for The Killing Hand (I'm still holding out hope I'll see that one day!) but I guess it's unlikely. I'd guess that adding more songs from the new album is the most likely scenario. Or As I Am, it does seem to be their Wrathchild.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2022, 04:37:14 AM »
I really think the only change will be replacing Invisible Monster with Transcending Time

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2022, 06:49:33 AM »
I really think the only change will be replacing Invisible Monster with Transcending Time

My bet is also that, with just one more change, playing something never played live from D/T or DT.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2022, 07:00:55 AM »
Right. Didn't JP say "songs"?

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2022, 07:35:50 AM »

Hmm, you're right, he actually said "we have a couple of changes to the set". So yeah, Maybe Answering the Call instead of Awaken the Master as well? However I have a hard time seeing them swap out the only 8-string song already. Would be neat to see something from DT12 and D/T that still has not played though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2022, 07:42:38 AM »

Hmm, you're right, he actually said "we have a couple of changes to the set". So yeah, Maybe Answering the Call instead of Awaken the Master as well? However I have a hard time seeing them swap out the only 8-string song already. Would be neat to see something from DT12 and D/T that still has not played though.

Right.
To me, the only locks in the set are The Alien, Awaken The Master and A View.

But see them only making two swaps, three at the most.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2022, 08:08:23 AM »
I hope they don't replace any of the songs from the new album, it's that album they're promoting after all. I would replace Bridges, Endless Sacrifice and 6:00.