Author Topic: Top Of The World Tour 2023  (Read 69826 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Top Of The World Tour 2023
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2023, 04:18:43 PM »
I’m very surprised Panic Attack has not been a part of any major tour the last 10+ years (besides the 2015 festivals obviously). It’s consistently in the top 5 streamed songs on Spotify (currently #2) with more than double the plays of As I Am, solid length, great heavy concert song, and seems relatively easy for the band to play (especially JLB). It sounds great on the Wacken LNG album. And as far as I can recall, they’ve still only played 2/8 songs off of 8VM (globally) with Mangini so far. I’d love to see it make an appearance soon.

I didn't realize it was that popular on spotify. (I don't use the app)  I would have never considered it a "top DT hit" although I admit, it was one of the first songs to really capture my interest in DT.  (Octavarium was their newest release when I discovered them).

It was in Rock Band 2 as one of the hardest songs in the game. As a challenging song in a rhythm game during the peak of those types of games’ popularity, it gained some attention. That’s how I discovered the band actually.

I forgot about that! I never got into that game, but I did know that

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2023, 04:26:01 PM »
I’m very surprised Panic Attack has not been a part of any major tour the last 10+ years (besides the 2015 festivals obviously). It’s consistently in the top 5 streamed songs on Spotify (currently #2) with more than double the plays of As I Am, solid length, great heavy concert song, and seems relatively easy for the band to play (especially JLB). It sounds great on the Wacken LNG album. And as far as I can recall, they’ve still only played 2/8 songs off of 8VM (globally) with Mangini so far. I’d love to see it make an appearance soon.

I didn't realize it was that popular on spotify. (I don't use the app)  I would have never considered it a "top DT hit" although I admit, it was one of the first songs to really capture my interest in DT.  (Octavarium was their newest release when I discovered them).

It was in Rock Band 2 as one of the hardest songs in the game. As a challenging song in a rhythm game during the peak of those types of games’ popularity, it gained some attention. That’s how I discovered the band actually.

I forgot about that! I never got into that game, but I did know that

Don't worry, the band themselves forgot about that too :rollin
https://youtu.be/NUkw_mWPhNQ?t=96
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2023, 04:26:55 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2023, 01:46:59 AM »

I would also enjoy seeing Panic Attack. The last time I saw it was when they opened for Maiden. It's a fantastic song live and I want to hear it with Mangini.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2023, 09:47:36 PM »

I would also enjoy seeing Panic Attack. The last time I saw it was when they opened for Maiden. It's a fantastic song live and I want to hear it with Mangini.

Ditto. More Meta album other than Scenes and As I Am in general would be great.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2023, 03:20:12 PM »
Looks like Arion is the opening band for the European tour.

Very awesome band IMO.  They aren't prog though so not sure how the fans will take them.  They are power/melodic metal.  Young band.  They were the opener for one of the days at ProgPower USA last year.  I enjoyed their set quite a bit, although you could tell they were pretty raw from the live performance side of things. I got to meet and chat with them later that day, very nice guys.  I would be ecstatic if they were able to support DT in the US.  But like I said, I'm not sure they are going to win a lot of the prog fans over. 

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2023, 05:10:01 PM »

Most of the prog fans I know are pretty open minded. I'm not familiar with these guys, but I would love to be blown away by them!

Online gborland

« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2023, 05:15:51 PM »
Arion will of course not at all be confused with Ayreon.
Graham Borland

Offline Trav86

« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2023, 08:34:33 AM »
Never mind. I had my dates mixed up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 08:50:03 AM by Trav86 »
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline tuto

« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2023, 11:47:26 AM »
I wonder if the changes are happening to finally help James out a little and take into consideration his situation?  Maybe a few song selections to ease some of the load on him?

If that's the case, I would love it if they swap out one of the songs for Stream of Consciousness. It would give James an almost 12 minute break for his voice

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2023, 02:15:57 PM »
I wonder if the changes are happening to finally help James out a little and take into consideration his situation?  Maybe a few song selections to ease some of the load on him?

If that's the case, I would love it if they swap out one of the songs for Stream of Consciousness. It would give James an almost 12 minute break for his voice

I think adding an instrumental or two even at this point would be a great idea.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2023, 04:08:08 PM »
I wonder who they would get to open if they played in Australia. I know two bands that would absolutely destroy me with the excitement of it was them, but I wonder who they’d actually bring out.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2023, 04:45:56 PM »
I wonder who they would get to open if they played in Australia. I know two bands that would absolutely destroy me with the excitement of it was them, but I wonder who they’d actually bring out.

Teramaze would be great.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2023, 04:46:52 PM »

Caligulas Horse immediately comes to mind as a good Australian opener for DT

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2023, 03:57:07 AM »
Vanishing Point deserve a gig like this.  I know they are probably too much in the power metal vein with a splash of prog but still would be great.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2023, 06:54:10 AM »
The Stranger. Absolutely love this guys!

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2023, 03:54:11 AM »

Teramaze would be great.

I’d love it to be Voyager actually. Do something a bit different.

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2023, 03:55:32 AM »
Anyone here going to opening night tomorrow? Would love to see the reveals.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2023, 05:50:33 AM »
Damn. ATC and SG are hinted at, yet I'd enjoy Transcending time the most.

By the way, do we have anyone from Naples to keep us up to date on the set list during the first night?

They will start in Tel Aviv (my hometown). I’ll update post show :)
I am counting on our buddy here.  ;D

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2023, 07:32:36 AM »
Damn the tour starts tomorrow already, time is flying by

Offline dodido253

« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2023, 08:58:47 AM »

By the way, do we have anyone from Naples to keep us up to date on the set list during the first night?

Rest assured 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2023, 09:03:37 AM »

Teramaze would be great.

I’d love it to be Voyager actually. Do something a bit different.

Another excellent choice. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2023, 10:19:24 AM »

Rest assured 🤘🏻🤘🏻

:metal :tup

Offline Trav86

« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2023, 01:01:29 PM »
And we wait…
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2023, 07:35:19 PM »
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2023, 09:16:33 PM »
I’ll be checking this before I check setlist.fm tomorrow for sure. It’ll be more intriguing to me to see it song by sing with the reactions from people in the page of it’s a great setlist.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2023, 12:59:39 AM »
I'll be checking this thread first thing when I wake up. Show might be going on by then. If not, I will try and follow along. Glad someone was there to be able to relay the set changes to us.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline dodido253

« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2023, 03:58:23 AM »
I’ll be checking this before I check setlist.fm tomorrow for sure. It’ll be more intriguing to me to see it song by sing with the reactions from people in the page of it’s a great setlist.

I won’t update live song by song as I want to be present in the show. But a minute post the encore I’ll write all the changes:)

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2023, 08:02:33 AM »
I'll be seeing them in Manchester, UK! This is the first time I'll have seen them twice in one tour, but also the first time I'll be seeing them without my dad, so a touch bitter-sweet for me. Still, I'm sure they will deliver an incredible show! Excited to see what the setlist will be this time around

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2023, 10:59:52 AM »

I won’t update live song by song as I want to be present in the show. But a minute post the encore I’ll write all the changes:)

:tup :tup

Offline The Paddies

« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2023, 01:50:44 PM »
Was expecting some songs by now.

First ones are on Setlist.fm:
https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=Dream+theater

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2023, 02:11:37 PM »
happy with the changes so far!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2023, 02:34:37 PM »
Was expecting some songs by now.

First ones are on Setlist.fm:
https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=Dream+theater

No way that's real.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Paddies

« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2023, 02:45:25 PM »
Why not real?

The whole set is up by now.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2023, 02:50:30 PM »
Why not real?

The whole set is up by now.

OK, well now it makes sense. It said Six Degrees and then About To Crash, and there was no AVFTTOTW. I didn't realize it was not complete.

JP loves himself some Caught In A Web. No idea why they'd play that AND 6:00.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol