Author Topic: Top Of The World Tour 2023  (Read 69579 times)

Offline EPIC Outro

Re: Top Of The World Tour 2023
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2022, 11:01:45 AM »

Any chance they go to an Evening With format this time, so none of the previous songs have to be pulled to make room for the new ones?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2022, 11:24:45 AM »

Any chance they go to an Evening With format this time, so none of the previous songs have to be pulled to make room for the new ones?

The announcement says "plus support", so not this time.

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2022, 06:36:39 PM »
I’m just hoping that the 2023 leg includes a more complete Oceania leg. Download Japan and Jakarta do not an Asian tour make and Australia’s still waiting from getting COVIDed out.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline dodido253

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2022, 01:32:39 PM »
Pretty much a confirmation for sleeping giant
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmPgGCmNV68/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

Online Mladen

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2022, 01:35:14 PM »
Damn. ATC and SG are hinted at, yet I'd enjoy Transcending time the most.

By the way, do we have anyone from Naples to keep us up to date on the set list during the first night?

Offline dodido253

« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2022, 01:41:30 PM »

By the way, do we have anyone from Naples to keep us up to date on the set list during the first night?

They will start in Tel Aviv (my hometown). I’ll update post show :)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2022, 03:10:16 PM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Trav86

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2022, 05:11:54 PM »
So Answering the Call is replacing Invisible Monster and Sleeping Giant is replacing Awaken the Master? That’s my guess. Probably switch out a couple of the older tunes. They’ll keep The Alien for sure. Probably keep the title track and TCOT.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2022, 05:47:09 PM »
So Answering the Call is replacing Invisible Monster and Sleeping Giant is replacing Awaken the Master? That’s my guess. Probably switch out a couple of the older tunes. They’ll keep The Alien for sure. Probably keep the title track and TCOT.

As much as I love TCOT, I think it'd be best to drop it and keep as much AVFTTOTW tracks as possible. Drop BITS too.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2022, 08:04:31 PM »
I would be *really* surprised if they dropped AtM since it's the chance for JP to show off his 8-string. Rather, I'd think that AtC and SG might alternate in IM's slot, and maybe they'll change out on of the older tunes for something different - I would hope BitS to get away from the taped vocal fiasco completely, but I don't think they will.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2022, 10:36:42 PM »
Maybe they'll drop AtC for AtC 😁
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Online Mladen

« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2022, 02:31:28 AM »

They will start in Tel Aviv (my hometown). I’ll update post show :)
Ooh, I didn't know that! I would love to follow your update.  :tup

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2022, 06:23:18 AM »
Pretty much a confirmation for sleeping giant
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmPgGCmNV68/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=
Wouldn't go so far as to said it is confirm. Didn't they practice Room 137 and yet it didn't get played?

Not saying is not gonna happen, just saying I wouldn't take this videos as confirmation.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2022, 05:17:46 PM »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2022, 05:41:21 PM »
According to James LaBrie, they will be touring North America this spring!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/james-labrie-doesnt-think-dream-theater-will-begin-recording-next-album-before-early-2024

Nice. I am down for another run and I am sure my friend who went with me last time in AZ is down to see them again.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2022, 06:23:27 PM »

Hearing confirmation that Dream Theater will soon return to the studio makes my heart soar every time.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2022, 06:31:26 PM »

Hearing confirmation that Dream Theater will soon return to the studio makes my heart soar every time.

JP said mid to late 2023 at best. Maybe I'm not as patient as you, but that doesn't sound like soon to me at all :D

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2022, 07:34:56 PM »

Same.  I was hoping for this.  Plus it shouldn't conflict with the Metallica dates I have tickets to in August.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2022, 07:42:29 PM »
Yeah, for a variety of reasons, my interest in Dream Theater as a live band has dropped off severely, but I will take as many studio albums as we can get from now till whenever they call it a day.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2022, 07:50:14 PM »
Yeah, for a variety of reasons, my interest in Dream Theater as a live band has dropped off severely, but I will take as many studio albums as we can get from now till whenever they call it a day.

I agree. The two to three year tour cycles blow. I saw them last February. I'm ready for a new album. They'll come around with basically the same show this spring, and then it's wait another year.

I'm glad the LNF stuff has been coming though, but even that seems so half assed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2022, 03:35:44 AM »

I agree. The two to three year tour cycles blow. I saw them last February. I'm ready for a new album. They'll come around with basically the same show this spring, and then it's wait another year.

I'm glad the LNF stuff has been coming though, but even that seems so half assed.

I've been ready for a new album since about November last year.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2022, 06:44:42 AM »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2022, 08:04:30 AM »

:lol I hear ya. Man I miss the days of my youth when your favorite bands put out a killer album EVERY YEAR. Can you imagine.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2022, 01:22:39 PM »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/james-labrie-doesnt-think-dream-theater-will-begin-recording-next-album-before-early-2024

Sweet! I'm down for another run.
Heck yeah, me too!   :coolio

and since I am behind the 8 ball, its "how many can I go to?"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2022, 04:38:00 PM »

:lol I hear ya. Man I miss the days of my youth when your favorite bands put out a killer album EVERY YEAR. Can you imagine.

That's not what I meant...... :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2022, 12:12:24 AM »

Well that being said, I guess you could chalk up as many as you want.. 😁
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2022, 09:39:45 AM »

Well that being said, I guess you could chalk up as many as you want.. 😁
I've been averaging 3 per tour. But I did 3 on the last leg, and this one looks to be a bit different..So..it depends on the locations!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2022, 02:01:50 PM »

"And then the plan is that we're supposed to do something in the spring throughout North America. And then we'll finally get over to Asia, because we haven't been there… That was supposed to be our next leg when we finished in Glasgow in February 2020, just before the pandemic. We were supposed to be in Asia in April [2020]. That never happened. So we have to get to Asia, go through Asia. And then I think that's it."

When he refers to planned Asia dates in spring 2020, isn't that when the cancelled Australia dates were supposed to happen?  If so, this sounds like he's lumping Australia with Asia, so it may be good news for DT fans down under.

I haven't seen any such confirmation.  13+ months isn't "soon" in my book.

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline dodido253

« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2022, 06:13:48 AM »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2022, 08:02:23 AM »

That's not what I meant...... :lol

Yeah I know that's why I had the laughing face, I got the joke.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2022, 09:10:11 AM »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2022, 09:13:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/dreamtheaternet/status/1605913891267137537?s=46&t=LwttedDJQruBCOw7P_bhMA

“Significant changes to the set.”
HYPE.

Almost sounds like a pretty fresh and new set by this

Opens with a full playthrough of I&W followed by SFAM closing with TCOT.

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2022, 10:05:04 AM »
Watching that update video... Man, I know Jordan is considered 'the wizard' of the group, but Petrucci is giving off some young Saruman vibes here.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2022, 01:16:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/dreamtheaternet/status/1605913891267137537?s=46&t=LwttedDJQruBCOw7P_bhMA

“Significant changes to the set.”
HYPE.

Apparently, it's time for another round of....

GUESS!...THE!...SETLIST!
 :metal :metal :metal :corn :corn :corn
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD