Author Topic: Katatonia Discography Discussion: Sky Void of Stars (2023)  (Read 22505 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Katatonia Discography Discussion: Last Fair Deal Gone Down (2001)
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2022, 06:20:58 PM »
I enjoy the experiment in We Must Bury You, and always found Jonas' vocals in the chorus mildly terrifying  ;)
Yes.  And the lyrics are as well.  They're interesting too - from the perspective of someone who wasn't able/simply didn't put a stop to it.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »
1. Last Fair Deal Gone Down
2. Discouraged Ones
3. Tonight's Decision
4. Brave Murder Day
5. Dance of December Souls

TD and BMD are a bit closer than they were before doing this project, as are BMD and DoDS. 

Offline The Realm

« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2022, 10:36:54 PM »
Last Fair Deal Gone Down is a huge step up from its predecessor, especially musically. One thing that immediately stands out is the drumming which is absolutely fantastic on this album. I know Daniel has been praised above by others and it is well deserved, just some really awesome drum parts on this album. It feels on this album that this is the first time when everything has come together for the band. The only thing that is still lacking to me are the vocals. Jonas is still really 'finding his voice' on this album and to go back and listen to this vocal performance now, while it has its charms, it really is poor compared to what Jonas now delivers in the studio. That aside though, this album is awesome and filled with really great songs.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2022, 01:25:21 AM »
My favorite so far, maybe even my favorite Katatonia album ever. I have the shirt from that period, got it on eBay ;D It's been a while since I listened to it but my favorites from the top of my head are Dispossession, Chrome and Teargas.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Lethean

« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2022, 08:22:13 AM »
Interesting that we already have a couple people with Last Fair Deal Gone Down as their favorite album and a couple that still struggle with Jonas' vocals.  I've encountered people with favorites all over their category and the combination of albums they like best don't always seem to make sense.  But I think it's a sign of how great their discography is. :)

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2022, 08:38:04 AM »
I love Discouraged Ones and Tonight's Decision (especially the former), just didn't catch this thread before :P

Offline Lethean

« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2022, 03:13:15 PM »
I love Discouraged Ones and Tonight's Decision (especially the former), just didn't catch this thread before :P
Oh I didn't mean to imply that you didn't. :). What do you think about the first two?

Offline Lethean

« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »
I'll also re-mention Diabolical Masquerade, which was Anders' black metal project.  He released the last album that year, Death's Design, and I think it's awesome and totally off the wall and bizarre.

TAC - fun fact.  Both October Tide and Diabolical Masquerade appeared on the concept album I sent you.  Now that you're participating in this, if you think it would be fun, you might want to go back and read it for all of the Katatonia references that I snuck in there.  Maybe as we get closer to the end. :)

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2022, 03:55:59 PM »
Oh I didn't mean to imply that you didn't. :). What do you think about the first two?
Not familiar with them, it's been years since I checked them out. This should be my chance to finally get into them...

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2022, 05:35:15 AM »
Listening to LFDGD now, and I'm enjoying it. This sounds more like a band really finding their sound and flowing, more than their other albums. The obvious (previously mentioned) improvement is the drumming, and that really helps. I'm only half way through my first listen but I'm starring to understand how this band can be a favourite, where I really didn't get it before.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2022, 06:21:08 AM »
A bit of a tangent here, I use Yandex.Music as my go-to streaming service, and today it showed me my stats for what I listened to this year. The album I spun the most was:

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2022, 06:21:37 AM »
I would say LFDGD is the first great album that has the Katatonia sound IMO. Kind of a big step up from the previous two, whether I prefer Brave Murder Day or LFDGD is like apples and oranges, really depends what kind of mood I'm in. Took me some time to get into this album though but it is great!

Offline Lethean

« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2022, 07:15:47 AM »
A bit of a tangent here, I use Yandex.Music as my go-to streaming service, and today it showed me my stats for what I listened to this year. The album I spun the most was:

That's a great choice. :) It doesn't tell you how many plays you had of that album?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2022, 07:56:23 AM »
I am going to try and get to this today. The improved drumming comments have me interested. Hopefully the vocals are better developed as well.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2022, 08:20:27 AM »

That's a great choice. :) It doesn't tell you how many plays you had of that album?

It doesn't unfortunately, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2022, 08:48:11 AM »
I am going to try and get to this today. The improved drumming comments have me interested. Hopefully the vocals are better developed as well.

They are.  Still not as good as he would become, but imo considerably better than the ones before.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2022, 01:56:14 PM »
And if it still doesn't do it for him, there's still several albums of improvement left.  The Great Cold Distance is where I'll be really curious for the people on the fence.  After that one the developments are more lateral and stylistic. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2022, 04:30:14 PM »
OK..just listened to Last Fair Deal Gone Down..

Here are my First Impressions..

Disposession- This is largely harmless if very unexciting. The solo picks the song up towards the end.

Chrome- This has a nice long intro. The mellow verse right after it sets it back a bit. It picks up a bit though.

We Must Bury You- Sounds a lot like Dave Grohl on the vocals. Not crazy about the chorus though. Sounds almost electronic.

Teargas-This almost sounds like an actual song by an actual band.

I Transpire- Probably one of the better songs I've heard so far.

Tonight's Music- Not a bad song at all.

Clean Today-Ooh nice intro. Another one of the better songs so far.

The Future Of Speech- A better vocal would've made this an excellent song.

Passing Bird- Not perfect but definitely a listenable song.

Sweet Nurse-The beginning reminds me of Leave That Thing Alone. I like this once it gets going. Another of the better songs so far.

Don't Tell A Soul- Decent enough tune.

OK...
This is easily the most consistent and cohesive album they have made. It's really the first album so far where I didn't feel like it was done by a bunch of amateurs, while I also realize they are pretty young still.
Are vocals better? Sure I guess. There were parts in the first couple of sounds and in other spots throughout where I thought we were going to lose him, but the music never really let him meander needlessly for too long. The music was written well enough to protect him.
The drumming is definitely improved, but I never thought Holyshitwow. But it does hold things together much better.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #228 on: December 04, 2022, 06:31:38 PM »
I'm not sure we're ever going to get to holyshitwow, they aren't that sort of band, but I think things continue to pick up for awhile. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 07:04:47 AM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2022, 01:51:48 AM »
There is one latter album that is holyshitwow for me. I featured it along with Last fair deal on my Top 50 a few years ago. Don't hold LFDGD in that high regard anymore, but the other one pretty much near perfect for me.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2022, 06:33:33 AM »
I guess it depends on what "holyshitwow" for you is.  Certainly several of the next few albums are in my absolute favorite albums of all time lists, but they're not the sort of band you come up to your buddies, put headphones on their ears, yell "you gotta check this out!", and expect this kind of reaction. 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2022, 07:01:18 AM »
Yeah I think I agree with Litho in that regard. Though it's a little different for me because I pretty much never have a holyshitwow reaction to a first listen of anything.  And I tend to enjoy the song first then figure out that there's a great guitar solo/great drumming/etc.  But even with that said, I don't think most will have that sort of reaction with Katatonia like they do with DT or Rush, etc.

But to Tomi's point, there are Katatonia songs that make me feel like that - sometimes a part, sometimes a whole song, sometimes a whole album.  Where I say "wow" and have chills or just generally feel in awe. 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2022, 07:03:37 AM »
To TAC - I'm glad you enjoyed this one slightly more. :) I was hoping you'd love Dispossession just cuz I love that song so much, but I certainly didn't expect you to. 

Offline The Realm

« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2022, 04:51:04 PM »
There are definitely Katatonia songs coming up in the next few albums that are 'holyshitwow' for me. Not so much albums but songs for sure. Will speak to them in detail when we get to their albums.

Online nick_z

« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2022, 05:20:18 PM »
Agreed on the general sentiment that Katatonia is not the holyshitwow kind of band (although I think Tim meant it more in terms of the sheer quality of the songs, in his view... as in, nothing quite got him thinking wow this is fantastic...yet)...

...it absolutely is the goosebump-kind of band, though. There are many such moments in their albums, imo. In Last Fair...I'd say Teargas and Tonight's Music (the ending, in particular!) do that to me...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2022, 05:39:18 PM »
Before you guys scrutinize what I meant by holyshitwow, I was strictly talking about the drumming. Before I listened, I read a lot of comments about how the drumming was so much better.
My point was that, yes it was better, but not to a point where I was holyshitwow.
I was not using holyshitwow in any way to describe a song or the album...just the drumming.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2022, 06:22:27 PM »
For me it's just more about the growth over time.  Their new albums never bowl me over at first, there aren't many specific things you can point to and say "this is what it's all about", it's just the overall feeling I get.  It took probably a dozen years of listening to them increasingly frequently for them to have a solid argument as my favorite band, or Liljevist as a top 5 drummer.  He's not blindingly fast or technical, though he's capable enough, he just has stellar groove and tasty parts, which will keep getting better until he leaves. 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2022, 06:33:15 PM »
Before you guys scrutinize what I meant by holyshitwow, I was strictly talking about the drumming. Before I listened, I read a lot of comments about how the drumming was so much better.
My point was that, yes it was better, but not to a point where I was holyshitwow.
I was not using holyshitwow in any way to describe a song or the album...just the drumming.
No that's what I thought you meant - just the drumming.  But then we expanded it. :)

Offline billboy73

« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2022, 08:22:04 AM »
Last Fair Deal Gone Down - Finally had a chance to give this one a listen, as it had been awhile since I had given this album a good listen.  The big difference to me is they are an actual band now, and this "classic" lineup would exist for quite a bit.  The production on this record is great.  Lots of different guitar sounds and effects are used and sound really nice.  Lots of keyboard flourishes add to this as well.  I particularly like the keyboard sounds in I Transpire and the string sounds on the Future of Speech.  As mentioned, having Daniel on drums made a huge difference here.  I wish he was around when We Must Bury You was recorded, because I don't like the drum machine on it.  It basically ruined that song for me.  As mentioned Jonas makes a huge leap here too.   I hear him pushing his voice a lot more, and there is a lot more range in the vocal melodies than TD.

Dispossession is a great opener, and the first half of the album is fine.  I'll mention Teargas as a song that I think is just okay.  I know a lot of people cite that song as a standout, but it has never done too much for me.  The 2nd half of this record is where it shines in my opinion.  Clean Today to the end is what I find most interesting.  There are lots of dark, eerie melodies found in the back half.  Sweet Nurse is such an interesting track in their catalog, and I love it.  The B-sides from this era are great too.  Someone mentioned they are a great b-side band, and I definitely agree.  In addition to metal and prog, I also love alt-country/Americana, so I listened to Palace/Bonnie Prince Billy before I knew Katatonia had done a cover.  When I picked up the remaster of LFDGD, and heard that cover, it further cemented how much I like this band.  If you're interested, checkout Bonnie Prince Billy - I See A Darkness.  It is my favorite album of his.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 01:29:09 PM by billboy73 »

Offline Lethean

« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2022, 09:32:55 AM »
Luke, while we're waiting for Litho to take his sweet time posting about Viva Emptiness, tell us your thoughts on Last Fair Deal Gone Down. :)

I saw Katatonia last night, and I'm still emotional and excited about it.  They were amazing on this tour.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2022, 09:46:28 AM »
The writeup for VE is nearly done, just need to finalize it tonight.  Would have finished it sooner, but I had some mojo flowin' and knocked out first drafts for 4/19 entries. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 09:52:31 AM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Online nick_z

« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2022, 09:49:44 AM »
Luke, while we're waiting for Litho to take his sweet time posting about Viva Emptiness, tell us your thoughts on Last Fair Deal Gone Down. :)

I saw Katatonia last night, and I'm still emotional and excited about it.  They were amazing on this tour.

I'm still regretting not going to NYC...but it just didn't work out. Haven't actually checked out the setlist. What were the highlights for you? Anything surprising they dug out of the vault?

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »

Just finishing up my second listen. As you all know, I'm not actually very good at putting into words why I like something, or what it is I like. I do prefer Last Fair Deal Gone Down more than the previous album. I think I posted after my first listen that it feels more like a band hitting their stride, for this style of music. Yes, the drumming is better and I prefer the vocals as well.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #243 on: December 11, 2022, 01:18:19 PM »
I do prefer Last Fair Deal Gone Down more than the previous album. I think I posted after my first listen that it feels more like a band hitting their stride, for this style of music. Yes, the drumming is better and I prefer the vocals as well.

It's just more consistent than anything they'd done to this point all the way around.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2022, 05:29:59 PM »

Viva Emptiness

Recorded October-November 2002 at Studio 301 and Fascination Street (known by a different name back then), released April 2003 on Peaceville Records. 

Tracklist:

1. Ghost of the Sun -            4:07
2. Sleeper -                          4:08
3. Criminals -                        3:47
4. A Premonition -                  3:33
5. Will I Arrive -                     4:09
6. Burn the Remembrance -     5:22
7. Wealth -                            4:22
8. One Year From Now -          4:02
9. Walking By a Wire -            3:32
10. Complicity -                      4:01
11. Evidence -                         4:36
12. Omerta -                           2:58
13. Inside the City of Glass -     4:08

Total Track Time:  52:45

Lineup:

Jonas Renkse - vocals, guitars, programming, songwriting, lyrics
Anders Nystrom - guitars, keyboards, programming, backing vocals, songwriting
Daniel Liljekvist - drums, percussion, backing vocals ("Ghost of the Sun")
Fredrik Norrman - guitars, songwriting
Mattias Norrman - bass, slide guitars

Production - Anders Nystrom, Jonas Renkse
Mixing - Jens Bogren, Anders Nystrom, Jonas Renkse
Mastering - Peter In de Betou
Additional editing - Dan Swano
Engineering assistance - Ian Agate

*So this was their first new album after I'd started to get into them.  They went from a band that I mildly enjoyed as having a few cool songs to where maybe a year after this album had come out I was listening to it pretty obsessively. 

*While previously Anders had handled the bulk of the music writing, and Jonas the lyrics, the process was more evenly split for this album.  This is their first self-produced album, and they admitted they were a bit in over their heads and the recording was a near disaster.  They set up a home studio, and had their most productive writing at night.  Then they recorded the album with the rest of the band at 301, where Europe's "The Final Countdown" was recorded.  They only had assistance with micing the drums.  They wasted a lot of the studio time they had booked with Anders having to learn a different music production program than he had been used to.  They couldn't get the guitar tones they wanted because they didn't know how to work all the studio gear, and said the result at that point was chaotic.  In desperation, they called Dan Swano, who recommended another studio, that would eventually become Fascination Street, with Jens Bogren and Dan. 

*It still didn't come out like they had envisioned it, but it was much better than when they were initially working on it on their own.  But in particular, they weren't fully happy with the sound of this album, especially the drums, and most importantly the snare sound.  It sounds ok to me personally.  But they would make efforts to address this a decade later, though we'll talk about that then. 

*Their sound was becoming more metallic and higher energy again with the chugging guitars and heavier stabbing riffs, harsh backing vocals from Liljekvist, and some cruder, less poetic lyrics at times.  Some double-bass was back as well. 

*There are some rhythmic patterns in the pre-chorus to ""Wealth" that are similar to Tool's "Schism".  They had said on the previous album they had been influenced by Aenima, but I'm definitely hearing more Lateralus in this album. 

*Everything Liljekvist does here is tasty, including expanding the dimensionality of his sound with some percussion in spots, like the intro and bridge of "Burn the Remembrance".  I suspect it's another Tool/Danny Carey inspiration.  I love some of his ride bell patterns on "Complicity" "Will I Arrive", and "Wealth", the buzz roll around 1:08 of "A Premonition", the triplet hat stutter into verse 2 of "Evidence", and the atmospheric innstrumental break in the same song with tasty splashes and Chinas over the melodic guitar lead, just to highlight a few moments.  I don't like how "Burn the Remembrance" fades out though, obscuring some killer fills from Daniel.  "Evidence" is a better example, where the fade is just for a repeating chorus.  They also continued to experiment with electronics and drum loops, like on the calmer part of "Walking By a Wire". 

*To me the guitar tone is ok, but not their best.  They have now settled into almost their primary tuning now, of C standard.  Anders focused on writing in a riffier, less chordal style than the last few albums.  The clean guitars are a little plainer than I'd like in comparison to their earlier albums.  I do love the E-bow in middle of "Ghost of the Sun" though, very Opethian.  There's a cool wah-ish filter effect around 3:00 in "Burn the Remembrance".  "Wealth" has another of those nice slower tapping licks.  The panning makes it sound like two guitar parts interlocking.  I love the unusual melody and chord choices in "Will I Arrive", and with the tremolo guitar effect, which is also used in "One Year From Now", as well as some flanger in that song and in "Evidence". 

*I find that Jonas sounds so much better here.  This is really where he starts to sound like himself and makes a case as one of my favorite vocalists.  "Burn the Remembrance" is the song where I remember thinking Jonas has this preternatural ability to pluck magical melodies from the ether.  "Complicity" had a similar effect on me.  Almost every song on the album has been stuck in my head at one point or another.  I also like the effect on Jonas' voice in the latter half of "A Premonition", which sounds like a mild bullhorn.  The vocals on "Inside the City of Glass" with reverse reverb are haunting.  They would do more with this song later, which we'll return to in a decade of Katatonia time. 

*There's lots of cool piano ornamentation, like the opening of "Complicity" and "One Year From Now", and some nice background keyboard melodies in "A Premonition". 

*Speaking of "One Year From Now", I find it one of their most unique songs, not only that piano riff, but the waltzy, lilting feel, and the mysterious vibe of the half-diminished chord that dominates the verses.

*Mattias has a neat bass tone and lines on "Wealth". 

*Songs like "Complicity" are a great example of a style of music that is quite rare to find.  Heavy, frenetic music with calm melodic vocals.  Usually anything with this intensity is going to have a lot of vocal wailing or even growling.  I find the contrast between the energetic music with the mellower vocals quite intoxicating. 

*"Omerta" is a completely different sort of song for Katatonia.  They'd never really had those strummy rhythms, this one kills as a campfire tune.  Daniel's ghost notes in the verses are delicious.  I love the bridge, and the sudden ending is so chilling. 

*They bring back a taste of doom again with "Inside the City of Glass". 

*Another drinking game of "spot the Nystrom lick" at 0:26 on "Inside the City of Glass". 

*Liljekvist didn't like how little they were touring and rehearsing. 

*Band/family balance was starting to become a struggle, with the birth of Jonas' first child, and Daniel's and Frederik's soon to come.  It was particularly hard on Jonas, having to miss much of the first few months of the baby's life while they were touring. 

*Anders was effectively the band manager and agent since none of the others were good with administrative details.  But Anders was considering quitting the group, feeling frustrated with how slow their success was building, that he didn't think they were good live, and that Peaceville wasn't promoting them enough, including not booking them for enough tours or booking video shoots.  Jonas was able to talk him out of leaving, fortunately. 

*They toured with Daylight Dies (drummer Jesse Haff had been their webmaster for awhile at this point), Finntroll, Beyond the Dawn, Dark Suns, Pornorphans, Amaran.  I consider Daylight Dies and Amaran especially great and overlooked bands.  The junky tour van they were in had the heat go out right in the middle of the Nordic winter for a long drive.  Then the next tour bus they were in had some kind of toxic substance that kept them sick for the next couple months. 

*Future member Per Eriksson became their guitar tech in the touring cycle. 

*Favorite songs:  The whole damn album, but specifically, "Complicity", "Burn the Remembrance", "Omerta", "Criminals", "A Premonition", "Wait Outside" (see below)

Brave Yester Days

Released April 2004 on Avantgarde Music. 

Remastering - Roberto Mammarelia, Anders Nystrom

Disc 1 Tracklist:

1. Midwinter Gates (Prologue) -     0:44
2. Without God -                          6:54
3. Palace of Frost -                       3:40
4. The Northern Silence -              3:59
5. Crimson Tears (Epilogue) -        1:49
6. Gateways of Bereavement -       8:12
7. Velvet Thorns (of Drynwhyl) -    13:55
8. Black Erotica -                          9:08
9. Love of the Swan -                    6:53
10. Funeral Wedding -                   8:41
11. Shades of Emerald Fields -       5:23
12. For Funerals To Come -            2:47

Total Track Time:  1:13:18

Disc 2 Tracklist:

1. Murder -                           4:54
2. Rainroom -                        6:30
3. Nowhere -                         6:07
4. At Last -                            6:10
5. Inside the Fall -                  6:13
6. Untrue -                            2:34
7. Nerve -                              4:30
8. Saw You Drown -                5:01
9. Quiet World -                     4:37
10. Scarlet Heavens -             10:24

Total Track Time:  57:00

*Compilation of material from the pre-Peaceville years, particularly B-sides and such that we've discussed from the various earlier EPs, splits and so forth. 

The Black Sessions

Released February 2005 on Peaceville Records. 

Disc 1 Tracklist:

1. Teargas -                        3:32
2. Right Into the Bliss -        5:05
3. Criminals -                      3:47
4. Help Me Disappear -         5:14
5. Nerve -                           4:30
6. The Future of Speech -     5:39
7. Ghost of the Sun -           4:07
8. I Am Nothing -                4:37
9. Deadhouse -                   4:35
10. Passing Bird -                3:38
11. Sleeper -                      4:08
12. Sulfur -                        6:23
13. No Devotion -               4:49
14. Chrome -                     5:14
15. A Premonition -            3:34

Total Track Time:  1:08:52

Disc 2 Tracklist:

1. Dispossession -                   5:37
2. Cold Ways -                        5:23
3. Nightmares By the Sea -      4:16
4. O How I Enjoy the Light -     2:44
5. Evidence -                          4:36
6. March 4 -                           3:53
7. I Break -                            4:22
8. For My Demons -                5:43
9. Omerta -                            2:58
10. Tonight's Music -               4:20
11. Stalemate -                      4:19
12. Wait Outside -                  3:38
13. Fractured -                      5:52
14. Sweet Nurse -                  3:56
15. Black Session -                7:02

Total Track Time:  1:08:39

Disc 3 Tracklist:

1. Ghost of the Sun -               5:28
2. Criminals -                          3:51
3. Teargas -                            3:17
4. I Break -                             4:14
5. I Am Nothing -                     4:36
6. Sweet Nurse -                      4:07
7. Tonight's Music -                  3:57
8. For My Demons -                  5:06
9. Chrome -                             5:04
10. Future of Speech -              5:16
11. Complicity -                        4:04
12. Burn the Remembrance -     4:54
13. Evidence -                          5:08
14. Deadhouse -                       4:41
15. Murder -                            5:11

Total Track Time:  1:08:54

DVD Lineup:

Jonas Renkse - vocals
Anders Nystrom - guitar
Daniel Liljekvist - drums
Fredrik Norrman - guitar
Mattias Norrman - bass

*Discs 1-2 are a compilation of various material from Discouraged Ones through Viva Emptiness

*"Wait Outside" is a bonus track from the Viva Emptiness recording sessions. 

*Disc 3 is a DVD with full concert footage from a gig in Krakow, Poland.  Here is the whole concert. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax16jxrdLh0
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:02:35 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »