Author Topic: Nita Strauss and Alissa White-Gluz  (Read 1809 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Nita Strauss and Alissa White-Gluz
« on: October 26, 2022, 04:18:44 PM »
Wasn't award of this prior to it coming up in my YouTube feed, but I thought I'd give it a listen, and it's pretty good.  Nothing overly technical, but it rocks pretty hard and Nita's playing is stellar, as always.  She was great in Iron Maidens and seems to be really tearing it up with Alice Cooper's band as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYQ02OP5h00&list=TLPQMjYxMDIwMjK3Y2uLK7yDeQ&index=2
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Nita Strauss and Alissa White-Gluz
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 04:32:11 PM »
I was hoping for a different kind of video when I saw the two names in the thread title......
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 06:42:14 PM »
I was hoping for a different kind of video when I saw the two names in the thread title......

Me too!   :biggrin:

I did hear the song though and I like it.  Alissa is fantastic and Nita's no slouch either.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 09:50:29 PM »
I love Nita's first record. I know this one is half instrumental, half vocal. I haven't actually checked any of the tracks yet. Waiting for whenever she drops the album.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 08:35:21 AM »

:rollin

Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 12:07:57 PM »
The track did nothing for me but - they're two talented, successful women in the industry and cheers to that. 🍻 In the brief bits of interviews I've seen of them over the years they both seem like cool people.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 12:10:08 PM »
It was...fine. Nothing bad about it by any means. It felt like someone who wanted to try to write that kind of music for the first time. They hit all of the expected notes and ended up with a perfectly fine generic metal song.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 12:16:00 PM »
There are laptops on that song, for sure.

Online Adami

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 12:18:44 PM »

But do they get any writing credits?

I feel like I'm mixing threads here.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 12:20:43 PM »
:lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 12:26:13 PM »
Wow...ummm...I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about that (although I couldn't stand to listen to more than a minute or so).  Drum sound was awful.  Didn't care for the guitar tone.  Overall noisy.  The vocals...serious LOL.  Not for me.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 12:26:32 PM »

And do they have any pets?!?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 12:35:29 PM »
And in keeping with a general theme of "I don't really agree with a single word of this music-related post by pg1067..."
Wow...ummm...I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about that (although I couldn't stand to listen to more than a minute or so).  Drum sound was awful.  Didn't care for the guitar tone.  Overall noisy.  The vocals...serious LOL.  Not for me.
:lol :dunno:

I mean, tastes differ and all, but I'm surprised about the comment on the guitar tone.  That's one of the things that I have always really liked about her playing (as well as her precision and sense of melody).  Makes me almost willing to forgive her being such a hardcore Rams fan.  Almost.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 12:45:31 PM »
And in keeping with a general theme of "I don't really agree with a single word of this music-related post by pg1067..."

I mean, tastes differ and all, but I'm surprised about the comment on the guitar tone.  That's one of the things that I have always really liked about her playing (as well as her precision and sense of melody).  Makes me almost willing to forgive her being such a hardcore Rams fan.  Almost.

I kind of am too; that guitar part under the chorus (I'm reading that from about 0:54 to about 1:20) is sweet on ice.  That's for me the best part of the song.

Online Adami

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »

And do they have any pets?!?

Bravo!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »

I don't know...I gave it another quick listen.  Maybe not so much the guitar tone as the overall sound.  Seemed SUPER brickwalled.  Also, very little in the way of low end, but that may have more to do with how I listened to it than the song itself.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2022, 01:31:45 PM »
OK, yeah, that I can understand.  I didn't notice it myself, but that type of thing typically doesn't register with me if I'm just doing a casual listen on YouTube. 

Offline PetFish

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2022, 07:50:13 PM »
I'm liking the 3 Nita songs she's released lately and I love Alissa's clean voice.

I really can't handle 100% screaming but when done sparingly it can really have an impact.  I can't get into Arch Enemy cuz it's all growling and when you have a talent like Alissa I'd love for them to explore it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2022, 08:02:57 PM »
I actually checked that song out and thought it was pretty terrible to be honest.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 12:23:19 PM »
Have you ever been at the top of a high building and had the fleeting thought “… I could jump right now?”
This feeling is sometimes called “The Call of the Void”, also known as “High place phenomenon.” It’s not a suicidal impulse, rather the exact opposite- an unconscious decision to live your life, to step back from the ledge and take control. As researcher April Smith aptly put it: "An urge to jump affirms the urge to live.”
I wanted the follow up to Controlled Chaos to be exciting, new and fresh, to take listeners to a new place and take myself somewhere new as an artist too. We have some amazing collaborations on this album with incredible musicians, as well as the instrumental guitar music that first inspired me to play.
Grateful more than words can say - lots to come!

Nita Strauss - 'The Call Of The Void'
Tracklist:
1. Summer Storm
2. The Wolf You Feed (feat. Alissa White-Gluz💙)
3. Digital Bullets (feat. Chris Motionless🧛🏻‍♀️)
4. Through the Noise (feat. Lzzy Hale👑)
5. Consume the Fire
6. Dead Inside (feat. David Draiman💀)
7. Victorious (feat. DOROTHY👸🏻)
8. Scorched
9. Momentum
10. The Golden Trail (feat. Anders Fridén🔥)
11. Winner Takes All (feat. Alice Cooper🐍)
12. Monster (feat. Lilith Czar🌚 )
13. Kintsugi
14. Surfacing (feat. Marty Friedman🎸)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2023, 12:25:48 PM »
New single:

NITA STRAUSS - The Golden Trail (Feat. Anders Fridén of IN FLAMES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6lBKPb5m10

:hefdaddy  :metal