Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania - On D+ & Home Video! (Spoilers)  (Read 5793 times)

Offline The Letter M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNFpri-Y40

First official trailer has been released!

Here's the new poster as well:

-Marc.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 04:38:51 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Fucking dope.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Trailer was fun.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Trailer was REALLY good.  Seems strange to say this, but after such of a mess of phase 4, I'm looking to Ant Man to restore my faith in the MCU (although Wakanda Forever looks like it could be better than the current MCU norm as well). 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

Trailer was REALLY good.  Seems strange to say this, but after such of a mess of phase 4, I'm looking to Ant Man to restore my faith in the MCU (although Wakanda Forever looks like it could be better than the current MCU norm as well).

The Phase Five line-up seems more promising than Phase 4:
Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania - 2/17/23
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 - 5/5/23
The Marvels - 7/28/23
Unknown - 11/3/23 (formerly Blade's release date)
Unknown - 2/16/24 (was once on the schedule but never assigned a film)
Captain America: New World Order - 5/3/24
Thunderbolts - 7/26/24
Blade - 9/6/24 (formerly Deadpool 3's release date)

With six known films, and all but 2 of them being sequels (though Thunderbolts could be argued as a sequel to many other things considering the cast), there's a lot of known elements in Phase Five, at least as far the films go. The Disney+ Side might be a bit more of a mixed bag:
What If...? Season 2
Secret Invasion
Echo
Loki Season 2
Ironheart
Agatha: Coven Of Chaos
Daredevil: Born Again

Actually, now that I look at all of those, they're all sequels or spin-offs with returning characters as well. I guess the theme of Phase 5 is just continuing stories and bringing characters back, probably as set-up for the next two Avengers films in Phase Six.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Interesting.  Ant-Man movies thus far have been more fun, less serious, in the grand scheme of things.  It looks like that's about to change.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

The Phase Five line-up seems more promising than Phase 4:
Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania - 2/17/23
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 - 5/5/23
The Marvels - 7/28/23
Unknown - 11/3/23 (formerly Blade's release date)
Unknown - 2/16/24 (was once on the schedule but never assigned a film)
Captain America: New World Order - 5/3/24
Thunderbolts - 7/26/24
Blade - 9/6/24 (formerly Deadpool 3's release date)

Honestly, if I were just seeing then on paper and hadn't actually seen any phase 4 movies yet, I would say phase 4 looked more promising. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

Someone pointed out that aspects of Kang's technology look a lot like Shan Chi's rings and Ms. Marvel's bangle thing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

Someone pointed out that aspects of Kang's technology look a lot like Shan Chi's rings and Ms. Marvel's bangle thing.

I've been hearing/reading those theories as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional, especially considering what was said in the Shang-Chi credits scene. I think the coming phases of films will begin to blur the lines between what is science/technological and what is mystical/magical, especially given how powerful Kang/He Who Remains has appeared to be.

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I haven't seen any theory videos but some things from the trailer made me think of Shang Chi
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Adami

I haven't seen any theory videos but some things from the trailer made me think of Shang Chi

I haven't seen videos, just pictures. But that scene of the super futuristic city that had rings going around it had markings on it that were VERY similar to the Ten Rings and the Bangle.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Watching the trailer before BP on the big screen made me even more excited about this movie. It looked beautiful on the big screen  :corn

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
The Legacy of Ant Man

https://youtu.be/cRSwXvMcT5c

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Rumor has it that we are getting a new trailer on Monday, which I'm assuming is when tickets go on sale.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Cool.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Rumor has it that we are getting a new trailer on Monday, which I'm assuming is when tickets go on sale.

Definitely getting a trailer, it's supposed to premiere during the college football national title game.

Offline The Letter M

We are just about six weeks away from the film coming out, so it definitely makes sense that we get a second major trailer for the film!

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Right?!?!  Man they better not fuck this one up like they did MoM and L&T.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
It's hard not to be hyped for this movie :corn

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

I honestly thing the MCU would be done a great service by this movie being dark as fuck with a horribly tragic ending. Not kidding at all, I think the gravity of how powerful Kang is would be so much more impactful by him seriously fucking shit up in this one.

Offline jammindude

I honestly thing the MCU would be done a great service by this movie being dark as fuck with a horribly tragic ending. Not kidding at all, I think the gravity of how powerful Kang is would be so much more impactful by him seriously fucking shit up in this one.

You have to establish the threat…but the threat has to grow by the time we get to the 2 film Avengers finale. It will be a tap dance, but they can’t blow the whole wad on his first film appearance.

Don’t get me wrong. They definitely need to have a definitive establishment of the character.  I would say that this film needs to be Kang’s “pencil trick” moment.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline The Letter M

The thing with Kang is that, unlike Thanos being a singular threat that commands an army, Kang's real menace comes from the fact that there are MANY versions of him. Future Kang appearances might not even be THIS version of him. The scary part is that his Dynasty could mean dozens or hundreds of Kangs coming together to wreck shit up so if the one in this film goes all out, I don't think they'll be "blowing their wad" so soon. There's a multiversal wad for the MCU to experience yet!

-Marc.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Wow.  We might have to hit the cinema for this one.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
This looks like it could be REALLY good.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
This is what I am talking about!  :hefdaddy
Enough of that BS we got on Phase 4!
It seems they got this one right!
Feb 17th, here I go.

Offline Adami

Sick.

But they've definitely gotten to the point where I don't feel anyone is safe right now. Will Ant-Man survive this movie? No idea. Will all of the Guardians survive their movie? Unlikely.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

You have to establish the threat…but the threat has to grow by the time we get to the 2 film Avengers finale. It will be a tap dance, but they can’t blow the whole wad on his first film appearance.

Don’t get me wrong. They definitely need to have a definitive establishment of the character.  I would say that this film needs to be Kang’s “pencil trick” moment.

I'm not saying blow the whole wad...but just don't let it be a rainbows and sunshine ending. Have someone die...let the audience know that the threat is far from over...that the over-arcing threat has in fact just begun.

Offline The Letter M

I'm not saying blow the whole wad...but just don't let it be a rainbows and sunshine ending. Have someone die...let the audience know that the threat is far from over...that the over-arcing threat has in fact just begun.

One of the prevailing fan theories is that Scott might not make it out of this film okay, either not alive or misplaced in time. I could see either happening, which would give Cassie the push to become a Young Avenger (and she's really the last major character from that team to be realized on screen, to some degree, so it'll be neat to see if she's heading in that direction).

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Sick.

But they've definitely gotten to the point where I don't feel anyone is safe right now. Will Ant-Man survive this movie? No idea. Will all of the Guardians survive their movie? Unlikely.

I think this movie needs to have a dramatic ending. If Scott wins, it doesn't stablish Kang as the threat he is supposed to be. Not saying Scott needs to die, but I will not be surprised if our version of ant-man does. Maybe he will just end up lost in a different universe only to show up at a future movie.

Offline Adami

And for Kang to be super scary WITHIN the MCU, you might need someone to live to tell the tale. That might mean Hank and Janet die while Scott barely escapes and is able to tell the horrific story of how scary Kang really is to everyone else.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
And for Kang to be super scary WITHIN the MCU, you might need someone to live to tell the tale. That might mean Hank and Janet die while Scott barely escapes and is able to tell the horrific story of how scary Kang really is to everyone else.
Honestly I could see Hank, Janet, and Scott all dying in this. Cassie will survive for sure. Drawing a blank on The Wasp's name, but I'm reluctant to call her death in this movie, but it could happen. Their deaths would show that Kang is a major force, but their sacrifice would have to delay his plans since obviously we have many movies to go before he gets truly defeated.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I could see Scott dying. I could also see Scott surviving, not beating Kang but escaping, and having it basically be like when Bruce crashed into the NY Sanctum and warned Thanos was coming.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Yo, I've got a hunch that Scott's not gonna make it outta the Quantum Realm in this movie, but he'll be stuck there until at least one of the next two Avengers flicks and with all the knowledge he's accumulated in the Quantum Realm, he'll be a vital asset in taking down Kang!