Author Topic: Porcupine Tree 2022 tour (***SPOILERS***)  (Read 5191 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Re: Porcupine Tree 2022 tour (***SPOILERS***)
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2022, 03:54:06 PM »
Heads up for those that's on the fence of the LA show.  There are tickets at the B section at the Greek Theater on Tickpick that's going for $20-30.00, but the catch is that you got to buy them in pairs.

I'm not going to today's show.  Feeling a little tired and want to get mentally rested for next week.  Plus, there are no more $10.00 shuttle parking passes for this show, so I don't want to pay $30.00 for parking today.

My man, reconsider! It was such a great show! It's worth the cash. I'm a picky spender, and I was thoroughly entertained. Just a great experience. Either way, have a good weekend.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2022, 07:19:34 AM »
Excellent interview with Randy about the PT tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2OlKNwZJY&t=3242s
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2022, 09:05:45 AM »
I am amazed at how filled the Ziggodome Arena seems on ticketmaster. I can go to the concert alone after work (which is fairly close), so will probably buy a ticket. Fairly good seats are 50 euros secondhand, a good price.

Really curious how their setup/visuals will be on the large stage.

Has there been any word of recording this tour?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2022, 10:03:54 AM »
There were some cameras I noticed at the San Francisco show. No boom cameras, but stuff was being recorded.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2022, 10:56:30 AM »
There were some cameras I noticed at the San Francisco show. No boom cameras, but stuff was being recorded.

Professional cameras? Cool!

I'll post this news also(edited) here:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/porcupine-tree-announce-uk-outdoor-show-for-summer-2023

So... continuation?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:16:10 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2022, 11:13:24 AM »
They did look professional and were on the stage on the sides. I thought at first it was for the screens, but they weren't. Could just be capturing additional footage for an eventual live album project.

Nice that they booked another gig. That says to me that they are enjoying each others' company and want to continue...

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2022, 11:31:24 AM »
They did look professional and were on the stage on the sides. I thought at first it was for the screens, but they weren't. Could just be capturing additional footage for an eventual live album project.

Nice that they booked another gig. That says to me that they are enjoying each others' company and want to continue...

I don't recall seeing any cameras at the NYC show and there was no live shots on the screen behind the band (side screens from the venue were off too).  Maybe they are starting to get some captures if not for a live album, but for promotional purposes (social media or advertising for new shows).  The shows seems to be having good turn outs, I could see that being a solid reason to continue.  Maybe after the break they needed to test the waters to make sure the tickets would sell and since they are, they are getting more opportunities to keep touring and keep the money rolling in? 

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2022, 12:59:42 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2OlKNwZJY

The question is brought up at 41:40 in this interview  :coolio

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2022, 02:54:30 AM »
Got my ticket!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2OlKNwZJY

The question is brought up at 41:40 in this interview  :coolio

Thanks. I kinda assume they will, maybe the UK show.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2022, 03:29:59 PM »
Had a great time!

And they recorded the show in Ziggodome Amsterdam! I noticed a lot of manned cameras and Steven later confirmed it.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2022, 05:41:50 PM »
Saw them tonight at the Ziggo Dome, oh my god!! I feel like such a fanboy now.

I saw them live in 2005 on the Deadwing tour in a small venue and now this. A mega stadium-sized venue where basically only bands with huge hits play (and Tool..). Surreal.

The sound was freaking great. The new guys were excellent and Randy’s vocal harmonies were terrific. I love John Wesley and fortunately Randy brings excellence to his role. Fantastic guitar player as well.

Went with two other people and we all thought Chimera’s Wreck was the highlight. We went into the intermission baffled by how intense that song was. Heavier and more organic than on the album. I already really liked the track, but the way it was performed made the hair on my arms stand up.

Lots of favorites, cool deep cuts (Last Chance to..!! Awesome) and a very animated SW. He’s come a long way. His vocals too; easily one of the best vocal performances I’ve heard from him live. Awesome that the show was recorded, can’t wait to buy the blu-ray.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 04:58:53 AM by PixelDream »
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2022, 05:45:35 PM »
Had a great time!

And they recorded the show in Ziggodome Amsterdam! I noticed a lot of manned cameras and Steven later confirmed it.

That's awesome

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2022, 12:25:08 AM »
I was at the Ziggo Dome too (Amsterdam, for all people unfamiliar with it) and it was fantastic. Super cool to finally get to see PT live and I thoroughly enjoyed the setlist, even though they did not play any of my absolute favourites.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2022, 08:03:15 AM »
Saw them tonight at the Ziggo Dome, oh my god!! I feel like such a fanboy now.

I saw them live in 2005 on the Deadwing tour in a small venue and now this. A mega stadium-sized venue where basically only bands with huge hits play (and Tool..). Surreal.

The sound was freaking great. The new guys were excellent and Randy’s vocal harmonies were terrific. I love John Wesley and fortunately Randy brings excellence to his role. Fantastic guitar player as well.

Went with two other people and we all thought Chimera’s Wreck was the highlight. We went into the intermission baffled by how intense that song was. Heavier and more organic than on the album. I already really liked the track, but the way it was performed made the hair on my arms stand up.

Lots of favorites, cool deep cuts (Last Chance to..!! Awesome) and a very animated SW. He’s come a long way. His vocals too; easily one of the best vocal performances I’ve heard from him live. Awesome that the show was recorded, can’t wait to buy the blu-ray.

I agree Chimera's Wreck worked really well live. For me Herd Culling and Anesthitize were the highlights (I think those songs do the whole build up and soft/heavy contrast incredibly well, especially live). The latter being great to finally witness after having watched the Tilburg performance a lot.

And Randy was fantastic, his vocals and harmonies were on point as well.

Offline obro

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2022, 04:50:04 AM »
The Ziggodome gig was such a blast!
Can only hope this leads for more in the future  :metal :heart

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2022, 02:23:03 PM »
I saw them in DC back in September. Fantastic show, unfortunately the couple sitting behind me would not shut up and they frequently (and loudly) expressed their dislike for the newer songs.
Band sounded great. Randy and Nate fit in perfectly in this band. Would have been cool to see Colin, but it is what it is.
Gavin Harrison may be the best drummer on the planet. I saw him 1 year prior at the same venue with King Crimson, a very impressive yet much more restrained performance given that he's playing with 2 other drummers. The PT show was Gavin unleashed. Steven may be the frontman but my eyes were glued to Gavin the whole night.

Security was cracking down hard on anyone so much as looking at their phones during the show. I saw one person get kicked out.
I managed to snag one photo, which didn't turn out as good as I wanted lol. I liked the way SW's shadow cast on the wall.