Author Topic: What's on your Halloween watch list?  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
What's on your Halloween watch list?
« on: October 15, 2022, 04:01:13 PM »
I am currently going through the final destination movies and having a blast.

Anything in particular you guys are watching are planning to watch for the halloween season?

Offline MirrorMask

Re: What's on your Halloween watch list?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 04:09:04 PM »
Trick r' Treat, underrated little masterpiece!!!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »
Our family don't have any staples, but we do make an effort to watch something Halloween-y every weekend in October.

The little does one has to watch Nightmare Before Christmas at least once every year, which, despite some charm, I always thought is ridiculously overrated.

I've never been big in to slasher/horror movies, going back to being a kid. I was too chicken to watch stuff my friends watched, like the Friday the 13th and Halloween films.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 06:03:41 PM »
As a kid, HBO always played The Warriors  followed by Halloween. So I always feel nostalgic watching both.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 07:28:49 AM »
It's horror season, so... Gigli
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline T-ski

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 09:42:30 AM »

The kids on the bus segment is wonderfully done.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 09:52:46 AM »

Never heard of it. I'll watch it. Thanks!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 11:34:15 AM »
I think yesterday's Dodger game was quite enough....   ;-)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 08:58:48 AM »
It's horror season, so... Gigli
lol

I've been watching the old Universal horror films from the 30s and 40s.  I also plan to see the new Hellraiser.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 10:19:00 AM »
Saw The Curse of Bridge Hollow over the weekend. Fun movie
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 12:42:19 PM »
I'm not a huge horror fan, but the Mrs. watches 28 Days Later every Halloween. So I'll probably join her. We're also thinking of going to see the new Halloween film this coming Friday.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 12:57:37 PM »
For the past two decades plus, it's been 'Young Frankenstein' a day or two before or after.

Almost weekly, we watch the silliness that's offered on 'Svengoolie' and often wear a glow in the dark shirt :D
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2022, 12:33:45 PM »
I have a severe brain fart. Can you help me out?

I know it's a weird thing to say and you're allowed to laugh at me but.... I honestly don't remember if I ever watched the Halloween movie, the classic 1978 one  :rollin

I don't remember watching it. The movie is so famous that the image of Mike Mayers (see, I even know the name) is ingrained in everyone's head, but I don't remember watching it. Although I do remember something - I remember a movie where, basically at the end, there's a dream-like sequence of a person on a boat (possibly a woman) where she suddenly gets ambushed from the waters by someone I believe was wearing the iconic Halloween mask.

So.... it's in the movie? did I watch it after all and forgot about it? I'm confusing it with another movie? help is appreciated, forgive a 40 years old man with the memory of a 90 years old one  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »
I have a severe brain fart. Can you help me out?

I know it's a weird thing to say and you're allowed to laugh at me but.... I honestly don't remember if I ever watched the Halloween movie, the classic 1978 one  :rollin

I don't remember watching it. The movie is so famous that the image of Mike Mayers (see, I even know the name) is ingrained in everyone's head, but I don't remember watching it. Although I do remember something - I remember a movie where, basically at the end, there's a dream-like sequence of a person on a boat (possibly a woman) where she suddenly gets ambushed from the waters by someone I believe was wearing the iconic Halloween mask.

So.... it's in the movie? did I watch it after all and forgot about it? I'm confusing it with another movie? help is appreciated, forgive a 40 years old man with the memory of a 90 years old one  :D

The movie with the dream-like sequence you’re thinking of is the original Friday the 13th.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 12:46:01 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. I mistook one famous franchise with the other  :lol

Thanks! now I can watch Halloween with my mind at ease  :tup

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2022, 01:12:04 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. I mistook one famous franchise with the other  :lol

Thanks! now I can watch Halloween with my mind at ease  :tup

Friday the 13th is pretty trashy but Halloween is a genuinely good movie, I hope you like it.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2022, 01:28:37 PM »
The original Halloween movie is classic. Not sure it’s aged the best, but still great. A shame the franchise turned it into dumb slasher movies.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?