Author Topic: Concerts for 2023  (Read 30841 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Concerts for 2023
« Reply #455 on: June 06, 2023, 09:13:32 PM »
I'm probably going to regret it at some point, but after a chat with a buddy, I'm putting Asterism down as tentative...he said he'd drive back overnight so I could sleep and make it to work in the morning. I don't know if/when they'll ever come back to the states.

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley-  8/10, good show overall, but set got cut short due to Mariusz being sick.
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento- 10/10, fucking perfect.
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco- 9/10, front and center, but sound was off
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento-10/10, all bands fucking crushed it
May 4th - The Warning, The Fillmore- 10/10, Flawless performance by the headliners in a historic venue.
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento- 11/10, holy fuck what an evening!!
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill- 10/10, definitely gets the award for biggest surprise of the year
May 21st - Love and Rockets, Fox Theater, Oakland- Fun show, not a massive fan of the band, but free tix and good music is always a win.
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco- 10/10, Haken always delivers.
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley
July 9th - Asterism, The Observatory, Santa Ana
August 14 - Band-Maid, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
September 1 - Kamelot, San Francisco
October 6 - Babymetal, Avatar, Pantera, Korn, Polyphia, et al.. Aftershock Festival, Sacramento

Offline Awaken

« Reply #456 on: June 07, 2023, 04:35:32 AM »
just grabbed tickets for Chevelle/Three Days Grace in Boston.  Chevelle is my wife's favorite band and she's never seen them live so it will be a fun trip

Let me know how that show is (particularly the venue).  I think that's at the new place right across from Fenway.  I've seen so many shows in the clubs and bars along Landsdowne Street but most of them were dumps. This is supposedly the latest and greatest of places right on the corner where the parking garage used to be.

Definitely will - did you end up grabbing tix for DT in Bridgeport? 

Just grabbed tix for Extreme in Hartford.  That weekend will be pretty nuts, I cannot wait for August!

8/11 - Extreme/Living Colour
8/12 - Alter Bridge/Mammoth WVH/Sevendust
8/13 - Incubus

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #457 on: June 07, 2023, 11:36:39 AM »
Just saw Puscifer, really fun show
It's a fun show, but it only works once. I saw it last year from far back and really enjoyed it. I stumbled into a second row seat for Cleveland last week, and while it was still cool, already knowing the deal makes it less amusing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2023, 11:41:02 AM »
Asterism tickets purchased....I'm partially thinking I'm fucking crazy for seeing a Sun night show in LA, then sleeping on the drive back to SF to work early the next morning, but I'll save the regrets for when I'm on the clock. Right now just pumped that I'll finally be able to see one of the best young guitarists around live.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2023, 11:43:57 AM »
Got tickets to see Toll. 1st time since 1996.  The Queen has never seen them.  She is psyched.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2023, 12:03:14 PM »
Got tickets to see Toll. 1st time since 1996.  The Queen has never seen them.  She is psyched.

I'm assuming you meant Tool...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2023, 12:05:47 PM »

Nah, he means Toll, a Tool cover band where all members used to be toll collectors.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2023, 12:19:33 PM »

No tolls to see Tool.  Only 20 minutes away from our house.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #463 on: June 09, 2023, 12:20:21 PM »
I mean it could've been a Finnish power metal band named Troll... so many interpretations to your typo.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: June 09, 2023, 12:21:11 PM »
So you're telling me I need more Viking metal in my life? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2023, 12:22:43 PM »
Tool, Troll, and Toll Tour '23?  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2023, 12:27:05 PM »
Up the Tolls Tour 23.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2023, 12:37:22 PM »
Still debating on whether to add Friday to my Aftershock lineup this year, mainly for Hanabie, but Tool is headlining that day so It'd definitely be worth the money.

Unfortunately they weren't able to get Toll or Troll.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2023, 12:39:20 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #469 on: June 09, 2023, 12:52:17 PM »
Don't troll, Troll.  Bruh.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #470 on: June 09, 2023, 01:03:59 PM »
Sadly, my days of seeing Toll are probably at an end. They're really the only band I dig that's big enough to trigger TM's in-house scalping, and when combined with the real scalpers it's just too hard to get tickets for any price, much less a reasonable one. And it's not like their tickets have ever been particularly affordable.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #471 on: June 09, 2023, 01:09:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm no fan of big venues either. But some bands you've got to bite the bullet for.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #472 on: June 09, 2023, 06:42:08 PM »
Sadly, my days of seeing Toll are probably at an end. They're really the only band I dig that's big enough to trigger TM's in-house scalping, and when combined with the real scalpers it's just too hard to get tickets for any price, much less a reasonable one. And it's not like their tickets have ever been particularly affordable.

When I saw them last year it was honestly one of the easiest ticket buying process for a large band. Got in the queue, got an 11th row ticket for around $180 and I was done. A few years before that when I saw them in Raleigh same thing except I had 7th row seats.

One thing I really appreciate about Tool is that they don't do partnerships with CC merchants. That shit adds another layer of shit to an already extra large shit sandwich.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #473 on: June 09, 2023, 07:35:50 PM »
Indonesian metal band Voice of Baceprot in a small club on a Friday night for 25 bucks? Why the heck not..

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley-  8/10, good show overall, but set got cut short due to Mariusz being sick.
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento- 10/10, fucking perfect.
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco- 9/10, front and center, but sound was off
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento-10/10, all bands fucking crushed it
May 4th - The Warning, The Fillmore- 10/10, Flawless performance by the headliners in a historic venue.
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento- 11/10, holy fuck what an evening!!
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill- 10/10, definitely gets the award for biggest surprise of the year
May 21st - Love and Rockets, Fox Theater, Oakland- Fun show, not a massive fan of the band, but free tix and good music is always a win.
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco- 10/10, Haken always delivers.
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley
July 9th - Asterism, The Observatory, Santa Ana
August 14 - Band-Maid, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
August 18 - Voice of Baceprot, New Parish, Oakland
September 1 - Kamelot, San Francisco
October 6 - Babymetal, Avatar, Pantera, Korn, Polyphia, et al.. Aftershock Festival, Sacramento

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: June 12, 2023, 01:52:53 PM »
Last Friday was the final show of the US tour for Rhapsody of Fire, Wind Rose, and Seven Kingdoms.  Let me just say that I am very happy I got a $20 livenation coupon a few months ago that prompted me to buy this ticket (cut the cost down to like $20). I enjoy all three bands, but not sure I would have gone out to see any single of them hence my initial indecision, but this ended up being a pretty epic concert.

It wasn't sold out when I had left my house, but apparently sold out shortly before the show started (security guard said so while I was on line to get in).  Not a huge venue, but still nice to see the show be sold out and seemingly everyone there for the start (same security guard seemed shocked people were still coming in when I got to the door).  I got into the venue about 10 minutes before Seven Kingdoms went on at 8pm and secured a seat up top similar to where I was for Nemophila (last time I was at Gramercy Theater). 

Seven Kingdoms were awesome.  My third time seeing them, all as openers in NYC, and this was definitely their best performance.  They sounded really good and the backing tracks weren't as loud as last time (they don't have a touring bassist or keyboardist) so I could really focus on the musicians on stage.  The highlight was the song Silent Remedy when they were pranked from members of both Wind Rose and Rhapsody of Fire.  Someone started taking down drum kit's cymbals and banging them.  Another guy was sweeping the floor.  One guy was playing guitar with them.  It was just a spectacle and clearly everyone was having fun.  This was just the first of the pranks from each band.  Before that song, they threw some balls into the crowd which you can see going wild during the song here:

Seven Kingdoms - A Silent Remedy (with Wind Rose) LIVE @ Gramercy Theater New York City NY 6/9/2023

And look, there's me in the back giving a thumbs up with a truly in the other hand:

It seemed pretty clear from the crowd and chatting with randoms, that most people were actually here for the next band, Wind Rose.  This was their first ever show in NYC and they seemed pretty excited about it since the singer did his own "New York New York" moment singing some Sinatra after the first song.  This was definitely a fun set that sadly was ruined by terrible sound.  The bass was just SO high.  If I'm complaining about the loudness, it must be bad.  It got better after the first song or two, but it never got "good".  Sucks considering how good Seven Kingdoms sounded just before them and sadly the bass drowned out some of the vocals.  Still, their set was fun.  It's certainly not something to take seriously, so you just got to enjoy the cheese of singing about digging holes  :lol but the songs are catchy and the crowd was very receptive.  Their final song, their hit, Diggy Diggy Hole had Seven Kingdoms and tour crew come out and throw blow up axes into the crowd and just were digging and dancing on stage with the bad.  The singer even handed the mic to Sabrina of Seven Kingdoms so she could sing for a moment as he went off stage to grab a US flag to wear as a cape.  The song ended into a techno version of the song with everyone dancing.  Probably the highlight of the show was this song. 

Wind Rose - Diggy Diggy Hole (with Seven Kingdoms) LIVE @ Gramercy Theater New York City NY 6/9/2023

People definitely left after their set.  It was already about 10pm and it seemed the people who came just for Wind Rose had their appetite filled and the rest of the venue got a little more room. Between bands I stepped outside for a smoke and funny enough, I see Alex Staropoli trying to get into the venue and security giving him issues  :rollin (FYI, he's the keyboardist of Rhapsody and their only original member).  I think I was the only one who noticed this too and he even gave me a laugh as I watched and he realized I could tell what was going on. But I was left wondering, why was he out there so soon before they were about to play?!  :lol

I'm not a huge Rhapsody of Fire fan and I understand the Rhapsody fans may not like this version of the band, but as an outsider, I thought this band was really good live.  I find their music to be a bit too much for me with all the orchestration and the shredding to really enjoy an album, but watching it live is really fun.  I felt the same way when I saw Turilli / Lione Rhapsody last year at ProgPower.  The guitar work is just incredible song after song.  I thought the current singer was really good live too.  He sounded great and had a lot of energy.  Seemed he tried really hard to connect with the crowd too which sometimes worked and soemtimes the crowd didn't respond (I have a clip of him trying to give a crowd surfer a high five and the person didn't even notice).  Near the end of their set he also came into the crowd and he gave the mic to someone who didn't know what to do  :lol.  I think the keyboardist wasn't initally on the tour and if he wasn't there, the show wouldn't of been as good.  Seeing the live keys definitely adds to the show, even more so when he's the only original member.  Overall, I really enjoyed their set even if I'm not going to buy their latest album.  They ended it with one last prank... having basically everyone come out on stage and sing and dance or sweep the floor or raise an emerald colored sword for their final song Emerald Swod.  The singer even grabbed a girl from the crowd and knighted her with a sword.  It was just EPIC to see this and how much fun everyone was having!

Rhapsody of Fire - Emerald Sword (with Seven Kingdoms and Wind Rose on stage) LIVE @ Sold Out Gramercy Theater New York City NY 6/9/2023

I recorded A LOT a this concert.  Just sat in the back and let the camera roll.  Here's 90 minutes of power metal:

Rhapsody of Fire Wind Rose Seven Kingdoms LIVE @ Sold Out Gramercy Theater New York City NY 6/9/2023

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2023, 12:33:16 AM »
I just returned from the Cynic/Atheist show and it was fantastic. I love seeing shows at the Launchpad, there's good chances I can get up front, and this time I did. IT wasn't packed much, but was still a good turnout.

I never heard Atheist until 2 weeks ago when I started listening to get ready for the show. I enjoy the Elements album and am glad they played some of my favorites from it. The bassist was very energetic. The only downside was the vocals were barely audible, the singer tried to get the sound guy to turn them up, but nothing was done. Still was a great performance by them all.

Cynic was also amazing, the bassist and drummer did an excellent job. It is unfortunate I wasn't able to see both Sean's, but it was nice what Paul did for them as a tribute, he lit some sage, then went up to some banners they had of both Sean's with it.

I am so glad I got to see both bands playing some of their most known songs.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2023, 02:37:54 AM »
I went to a lovely gig last Friday. Rosalie Cunningham. Anyone heard of her? She came up as a suggestion on a music app a couple of months ago and I've fallen in love with both the music and her :blush It's very playful progrock. Well worth checking out. Anyway, got to see her in The Giffard Arms, a rock pub in Wolverhampton. Tiny room. One of those times you feel privileged to see such talented people in such a small setting. I was at the back of the room.

And here's a short clip of Fossil Song for your enjoyment: https://youtu.be/XfELi_LyeFs

Seeing The Winery Dogs this Friday.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 02:49:50 AM by nobloodyname »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2023, 10:13:33 AM »
All right, I got tickets to see Thrice at the Wiltern next Thursday.  $37.00 for GA pit.  Seems pretty cheap since they always do shows at the Anaheim House of Blues and their tickets on resale are always around $70-100.00.

Now it's time for me to listen and get into these guys.

My current concert list that I'm planning to go to.  Tickets are not confirmed for a few of these, or flight, but it should be done soon.

Thrice - The Wiltern - Los Angeles, California.  June 22nd, 2023.
Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin with Jinjer opening - Fivepoint Amphitheater - Irvine, California.  July 20th, 2023 (happy birthday to me)
Alter Bridge and Sevendust - GLC Live at 20 Monroe - Grand Rapids, Michigan.  August 25th, 2023
Goo Goo Dolls and O.A.R. - Fivepoint Amphitheater - Irvine, California.  September 6th, 2023
Owl City - House of Blues - Anaheim, California.  October 4th, 2023
Incubus - Hollywood Bowl - Los Angeles, California.  October 6th, 2023
Shinedown and Papa Roach - Fivepoint Amphitheater - Irvine, California.  October 15th, 2023

Looking at this schedule and how my October is turning out, I may go crazy and go see A7X at Chula Vista the day after Incubus.  It may be a 100 mile drive to the amphitheater and 100 miles to drive back home, but who knows when they may come to Southern California again after everything has happened from 2018 - now.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2023, 10:18:30 AM »

Looking at this schedule and how my October is turning out, I may go crazy and go see A7X at Chula Vista the day after Incubus.  It may be a 100 mile drive to the amphitheater and 100 miles to drive back home, but who knows when they may come to Southern California again after everything has happened from 2018 - now.

Do it... Nothing worse that that missed show regret. That's why I'm doing a 6 hour drive to LA on a Sunday, an right back post show, to see Asterism in Santa Ana. I have no clue if/when they'll ever be in the states again. d

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2023, 10:19:44 AM »
I caught Les Claypool in Detroit a couple of weeks ago, and it was an interesting show. About as weird as you'd expect from the guy, plus a charming rendition of Animals. Because it was that weird-ass general admission deal I was on about, and I was somewhat wasted, I just snagged a seat in the center, back row which worked out great. Place was packed and I'm glad I got it. I kind of wished I'd been able to see it up close, though. The lighting and fog is such that you really can't see what they're doing a lot of the time. Yesterday I blundered into a second row, dead center seat for the Dallas show and splurged for it. Looking forward to actually watching them play tonight.

Particularly the end of the show. I don't honestly know if they did zero encores or 4. Lots of samples, delays, feedback, looping and whatnot, and occasionally people would just set their gear down and walk off the stage while things were still playing. Stroll back out a minute or two later and get into something else. RLR.

I've also never seen a vibraphone player be front and center as a main part of a band. He was actually integral to Animals as he was essentially handling Wright's parts. Made for a cool sound.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2023, 02:00:25 PM »
Saturday night I made use of my Summer Lawn Pass for my local amphitheater for the first time this summer.  Not exactly a concert I'd normally attend, but my gf and her sister and their friend wanted to go and I had my lawn pass so why not?  I'll keep this a bit shorter since I doubt it'll interest people here, the Hot Summer Nights tour!

Got into the venue just after the show started at 7pm.  Grabbed some lawn chairs and found our spot just to see the last couple songs from Sean Kingston.  What a terrible and uninteresting performance.  Had a DJ with a macbook on stage basically hit play and he hardly sang, but the playback had his voice so he basically was just there interjecting some vocals here and there.  Pathetic IMO.  Good thing his set was only 20 minutes and we got to hear the two hits.

En Vogue was next. Not really my thing.  Three old ladies doing some minimal dance choreography and singing.  I was fairly bored other than a couple of the hit songs I knew, which even then, without a live band, I was just not very interested.

The best part about these two openers were watching the ladies around us dancing and letting loose.  It was WAY more entertaining than the acts on stage for me. 

I was a bit surprised TLC were next since all the promotion for this event had them at the top of the billing.  They came out to a full backing band and a group of dancers.  I was immediately more engaged with their show because of that.  They also had video displays so it went from kind of boring to entertaining pretty quickly.  I don't really like TLC but I'm familiar with the hits and I think them not replacing the one who passed away and using playback for her parts were respectable.  No Scrubs and Waterfalls to end their set were the obvious highlights.

The headliner was Shaggy.  Of the four bands, they were who I wanted to see the most.  I had seen Shaggy before and knew it was going to be a legit reggae set which I enjoy and he delivered.  Pretty good turn out and peole who stayed for his set overall making it one of the biggest reggae live sets I've seen.  He was real and he was engaging and active with the crowd.  He was very entertaining.  He even stopped a song to call out people who were sitting in the front  :lol I loved it! He did a cover of Frank Sinatra's That's Life which was actually awesome. 

I get why Shaggy was the headliner.  I think he's probably the only one who could do a full 60 minute set and not have it go stale.  Also, it looked like he may have had the same backing band as TLC.  Either way, it was a fun night overall and I really enjoyed Shaggy so it definitely ended up not being some sort of concert I had little interest in. 

Shaggy TLC En Vogue Sean Kingston Hot Summer Nights Tour LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 2023

Next up, back into NYC on Saturday!

June 17th - Tarja @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #481 on: June 13, 2023, 02:05:37 PM »
Curious to see your take on Tarja, I bought tix to her show at month's end just for the fuck of it, without knowing any of her solo material. Taking a page out of the Cram playbook  ;)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2023, 02:11:37 PM »
Curious to see your take on Tarja, I bought tix to her show at month's end just for the fuck of it, without knowing any of her solo material. Taking a page out of the Cram playbook  ;)

We'll see.  I didn't love her set at Progpower and only got this ticket because I noticed I had nothing planned for this weekend and was able to get one of the $25 livenation sales so figured for that price I should go.  It doesn't look to be selling well at all either so the turn out may actually benefit me.  She is touring her new best of album so I think the set may be better than what I saw last time which was in support of a new album that I thought wasn't so good.  I've been streaming that best of album today to get myself prepped for the show and it's better than what I sampled last time around.  I'm hoping she does a Nightwish song or two though.  With Nightwish taking a long hiatus, she has an opportunity to scoop up people like me who would be itching to see NW material live. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2023, 02:26:15 PM »

We'll see.  I didn't love her set at Progpower and only got this ticket because I noticed I had nothing planned for this weekend and was able to get one of the $25 livenation sales so figured for that price I should go.  It doesn't look to be selling well at all either so the turn out may actually benefit me.  She is touring her new best of album so I think the set may be better than what I saw last time which was in support of a new album that I thought wasn't so good.  I've been streaming that best of album today to get myself prepped for the show and it's better than what I sampled last time around.  I'm hoping she does a Nightwish song or two though.  With Nightwish taking a long hiatus, she has an opportunity to scoop up people like me who would be itching to see NW material live.

I'm almost tempted to go in blind to be honest, just see what the night brings. Also...I'd highly suggest you watch some live Asterism videos and see if that show in NYC would intrigue you, it's a very very rare opportunity. (July 11 at S.O.B's)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2023, 03:07:28 PM »
 :lol looks like they just moved the Targa show from Irving Plaza to Gramercy Theater, that's a cut in half of capacity.  Makes sense, but damn, I thought seeing a mostly empty Irving Plaza would be a nice change to all the sold out shows I've seen there. Gramercy does have the seats in the back though and is closer to Penn Station so it's got it's positives for sure.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2023, 01:26:18 PM »
Just snagged a presale ticket for the Anaheim Periphery show that was just announced.  Haven't seen them before and a saturday in Anaheim is easy, plus Plini who I just saw but adore live  :hefdaddy

Lineup also has Archspire who I'm not too familiar with, Tommy Rogers from BTBAM solo, and Mike Dawes. 

Also just grabbed a ticket for Cynic/Atheist/Witherfall this Saturday in LA, just saw Cynic at their secret show in January and this new lineup is excellent, plus haven't seen Atheist or Witherfall so that should make for a good night  :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2023, 01:28:52 PM »
Periphery is insane live, and I'm so pissed that they're just doing the one LA show for the foreseeable future. I'm actually still tinkering with the idea of heading down just for that show since the band made it very clear that they have no other distinct plans for the west coast and to 'see this show now'...not sure I like that language tbh, a bit ominous to me.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #487 on: June 15, 2023, 03:15:57 AM »
Not sure if there are any 80s goth fans here but caught Sisters of Mercy in St Louis- never thought I’d see the Sisters on the side of the Atlantic. Good show.

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #488 on: June 15, 2023, 03:49:37 AM »
Me and a friend just got tickets to see Tool. It’s my first time seeing them. I’ve always wanted to check them out, but just never had the extra cash when they were in the neighborhood. Plus I’m guessing good seats for Tool are hard to get? My friend said it took her a while to get the tickets.

Anyway, I’m exciters. Plus as I love their most recent album Fear Innoculum. Really outstanding record.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #489 on: June 15, 2023, 05:57:03 AM »
Me and a friend just got tickets to see Tool. It’s my first time seeing them. I’ve always wanted to check them out, but just never had the extra cash when they were in the neighborhood. Plus I’m guessing good seats for Tool are hard to get? My friend said it took her a while to get the tickets.

Anyway, I’m exciters. Plus as I love their most recent album Fear Innoculum. Really outstanding record.

From my experience Tool has the easiest tickets to get from a major artist.

You're in for a real treat, to me Tool is the best, consistent live band I've ever seen. The lighting is incredible and they are great performers.