Author Topic: Concerts for 2023  (Read 29697 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts for 2023
« Reply #315 on: April 20, 2023, 08:19:30 AM »
Well, I still got a ticket for the Gojira/Mastodon tour at the Forum on Friday.  Unfortunately, Game 3 of the Kings/Oilers playoff series is on the same day and it's looking to be a better sequel than last year's series.  That said, I don't think I should pass on this kind of quality of a metal tour in a venue like the Forum so I'm just going to check the scoreboard in between songs.

I was streaming the PSU NCAA tournament game on my phone during the Steel Panther concert and watching both from the back of the venue  :lol I hate when my favorite teams are in a big game when it's concert time.  Also, I really want to see that tour but I sadly told some people I'd go to a different show that day  :facepalm:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #316 on: April 20, 2023, 09:09:05 AM »
Extreme & Living Colour in Boston on a Saturday night?  Why yes please.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #317 on: April 20, 2023, 10:25:31 AM »
Living Colour should be a dope show.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: April 20, 2023, 10:37:16 AM »

I haven't seen them since the early 90's.  I'm working on Rumborak to go with Lisa and I.  He wants to go to the Hampton Beach show but it's on a Thursday night. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: April 20, 2023, 11:51:27 AM »

I haven't seen them since the early 90's.  I'm working on Rumborak to go with Lisa and I.  He wants to go to the Hampton Beach show but it's on a Thursday night.

I saw Living Colour about a year ago.  Thought they were fun, but you could hear them arguing with each other through their mics on the PA before they started playing.  Basically one guy yelling at the other to get ready because he's wasting their stage time.  Thought that was kind of funny to hear.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2023, 12:09:23 PM »

I saw Living Colour open for the Rolling Stones many years ago.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2023, 09:17:06 AM »
Update with Band Maid west coast tour dates announced. Seriously folks, I can't recommend seeing this band enough.

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley-  8/10, good show overall, but set got cut short due to Mariusz being sick.
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento- 10/10, fucking perfect.
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco- 9/10, front and center, but sound was off
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento-10/10, all bands fucking crushed it, best crowd I've ever been in.
May 4th - The Warning, The Fillmore
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill
May 21st - Love and Rockets, Fox Theater, Oakland
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley
August 14 - Band-Maid, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
October 6 - Babymetal, Avatar, Pantera, Korn, Polyphia, et al.. Aftershock Festival, Sacramento

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2023, 09:45:03 AM »
Oh snaps, Band-Maid are playing Anaheim House of Blues.  That's a much larger venue in the SoCal area than the Belasco (about 1,000 people and resales were $125.00)  Twice as large.  That's a more reasonable venue for me to go to.  I'll definitely look into getting a ticket.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 10:38:23 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2023, 10:11:59 AM »
General sales are next Friday at 10am, be quick. Last tour sold out in hours.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2023, 10:30:14 AM »
So far I have tix for Brit Floyd and Dreamsonic, might hit Jethro Tull and would like to try to catch Greta Van Fleet, but they aren't coming to my city so I'd have to travel

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2023, 11:20:26 AM »
I saw Tori Amos on Wednesday. She had her best lineup ever since 1988 (when she came on duty, that lineup had Vinnie Colaiuta on drums on Y Kant Tori Read). So tight, precise and musical. One of the best concerts I ever attended to date (and I'm very hard to impress). One of the best engineered concerts I ever attended too (her husband is an ace). Jon Evans on bass and Ash Soan on drums.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2023, 03:37:54 PM »
Just got back from seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor live, third time seeing them overall. They're in my top 5 favorite bands and this show cemented that pretty firmly. I can't think of any other band with that many members on stage (8) playing such intricate music together and pulling it off so perfectly. No other band, for me, does what they do better, just starting a song off with a simple chord, slowly building and having a huge climax to pay everything off. It's a shame some of their newer albums get a slight bad rep for being "more of the same, but not the classic albums" because some of those songs are absolutely fantastic and slap really hard. Bosses Hang, Anthem For No State and the long tracks from the most recent album for example.

Seeing Riverside again on Wednesday (4th time overall) which should be great, they always deliver. After that it's a bit of a break for almost 2 months and then I got Metallica x2 in June, followed by Built to Spill a few days after. Also got a festival in August with a few artists I'm hyped for (Blur, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Yo La Tengo, Devo, and more) but nothing lined up for the autumn/winter portion yet. But I'm sure something will come.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2023, 03:47:51 PM »
Built to Spill?!  Wow. It's been a few decades since I listened to them. I'll check out their new album from 2022.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2023, 08:32:15 AM »
Kamelot just announced. It's in pencil now, waiting to see if they add a fellow PPUSA roster mate to their bill (looking at you Myrath and Caligula's Horse)

Probably will go anyways since it's on a Friday

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley-  8/10, good show overall, but set got cut short due to Mariusz being sick.
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento- 10/10, fucking perfect.
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco- 9/10, front and center, but sound was off
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento-10/10, all bands fucking crushed it, best crowd I've ever been in.
May 4th - The Warning, The Fillmore
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill
May 21st - Love and Rockets, Fox Theater, Oakland
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley
August 14 - Band-Maid, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
September 1 - Kamelot, San Francisco
October 6 - Babymetal, Avatar, Pantera, Korn, Polyphia, et al.. Aftershock Festival, Sacramento

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2023, 08:38:43 AM »
If that leaked date is true, Ill hit up the NYC show.  I was hoping it wouldn't be the same weekend as Progpower making it impossible to do both.  As much as I enjoy Battle Beast, it is sad if they are touring with them AGAIN.  Ad Infinitum would be a much better option.  I've never seen Xandria so that would be cool.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2023, 11:35:17 AM »
Cynic and Atheist just announced their tour dates and I am so glad they're stopping here. It's even at the intimate venue I love so I am definitely going to be there. I have a feeling it'll sell out.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2023, 01:49:33 PM »
Beast in Black announced a full US tour, starting with Progpower and then the next week they play in NYC which I am planning on also attending. But man, August and September have WAY too many shows on my calendar.  A lot of overlaps as well making me have to choose which show that day.  I already had to choose to see Greta Van Fleet over Bad Omens in September.  Choice in that case was simple, Bad Omens sold out immediately and I couldn't get a ticket.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2023, 02:08:36 PM »
Cynic and Atheist just announced their tour dates and I am so glad they're stopping here. It's even at the intimate venue I love so I am definitely going to be there. I have a feeling it'll sell out.

Yea I saw this. I'd be interested if they bring this to Europe

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: April 27, 2023, 10:26:12 AM »

I saw Living Colour about a year ago.  Thought they were fun, but you could hear them arguing with each other through their mics on the PA before they started playing.  Basically one guy yelling at the other to get ready because he's wasting their stage time.  Thought that was kind of funny to hear.

Well Living Colour have been announced as an opener for Avenged Sevenfold and Falling in Reverse at MSG, that kind of makes me going to the Extreme show less likely.  Ideally I'd still like to go, but there's just an insane amount of concerts in August and September right now that I can't make them all.  Not only are some concerts on the same day, I think I have a string of like 7 concerts in a row at one point.  It's just not going to happen in reality.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #334 on: April 28, 2023, 11:11:45 AM »
BAND-MAID tix purchased...had to go with the VIP since GA was sold out in presale. $135 for the VIP package, which mostly includes early entry and some schwag. Still, it's gonna be a great fucking show.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #335 on: April 28, 2023, 05:48:55 PM »
Yeah, my August is looking really really unpredictable as well.  A.  I haven't committed on which weekend I want to take a trip to see Alter Bridge and Sevendust and/or Mammoth WVH, and B. A podcast I listened to also wants to do a live show in Chicago in August, which I went to last year and had a great time, so until I know when the live show for the podcast has a date, I can book my flights and hotel stay and probably end up taking two weekend trips that August.

Also, Band-Maid ticket prices doesn't look too crazy this time around in the bigger Anaheim House of Blues.  $48.00 face value and around $60.00 on the secondary market so far which seems in line of what I normally pay for shows that has all GA of that size.  Maybe, I can get lucky and fish for cheaper around the week of.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #336 on: April 28, 2023, 06:11:39 PM »
Yeah, I think people got dollar signs in their eyes after hearing how much aftermarkets were going for last time around (I dropped 200 for mine) and snatched them all up. GA is gone for Sac, but all VIP packages are still available, and the few sites I just checked had shit tons of GA starting at 60 bucks. I'd bet those will drop like a stone as the show approaches. The fan base may be rabid and commited, but they just aren't that big, most of those who want tix already have them.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #337 on: April 28, 2023, 08:00:10 PM »
Just got back from seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor live, third time seeing them overall. They're in my top 5 favorite bands and this show cemented that pretty firmly. I can't think of any other band with that many members on stage (8) playing such intricate music together and pulling it off so perfectly. No other band, for me, does what they do better, just starting a song off with a simple chord, slowly building and having a huge climax to pay everything off. It's a shame some of their newer albums get a slight bad rep for being "more of the same, but not the classic albums" because some of those songs are absolutely fantastic and slap really hard. Bosses Hang, Anthem For No State and the long tracks from the most recent album for example.

Seeing Riverside again on Wednesday (4th time overall) which should be great, they always deliver. After that it's a bit of a break for almost 2 months and then I got Metallica x2 in June, followed by Built to Spill a few days after. Also got a festival in August with a few artists I'm hyped for (Blur, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Yo La Tengo, Devo, and more) but nothing lined up for the autumn/winter portion yet. But I'm sure something will come.

I've only seen GY!BE once, but man they completely blew me away. There was a moment during Sleep when I thought I was going to have an out of body experience.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #338 on: April 30, 2023, 09:51:17 AM »
Friday night was a NJ rock radio's Rock the Rock Fest (The Rock is the nickname given to the Prudential Cener, the arena the NJ Devils play at where the concert was).  5 bands, one stage, so it started early with Dorothy on at 5:30.  They didn't sell the top level of the arena, so it didn't quite feel as "big" as the last time I saw a concert there (sold out, Iron Maiden), but being that it had a GA floor and a forced lower level audience, it felt pretty packed with most of the seats sold.  It was mostly empty when Dorothy started but actually filled in quite a bit by the time she ended.  Her 7 song set was solid, she wore an amazing outfit and looked fantastic as well as has a great voice.  Her music isn't totally my thing, but I knew what to expect since I saw her a couple years ago at a different radio rock festival. 

Next up were Sevendust who usually pack the local Starland ballroom, so was both cool and odd to see them on a bigger stage.  I say odd because they went on so early at this festival.  I could argue they should have been the 2nd to last to play.  Oh well.  Short set, but just went at it with their bigger classic songs.  Very emotional spot from the singer between songs talking about having a moment with his passed away brother in an uber in NJ.  He cried telling this story and honestly, it felt like a special moment. Thought their sound was kind of shit, but otherwise, they were pretty good.

Beartooth had he wildest set being the heaviest band on the bill. Their singer is just wild on stage as well.  They got people in the stands to finally start standing (not everyone, it was definitely one of those awkward sit/stand nights).  I think this band is hit/miss for me.  They have some pretty catchy and fun songs, but not enough diversity and I'd say half of their set wasn't too interesting to me.  They did at least play their new single, unlike Sevendust.

The Pretty Reckless came on around 8:30 and honestly it felt like the arena went mild.  It could have just been me, as I'm not too into them, but also having a metal core band like Beartooth and Sevendust earlier, we went back to a more groovy rock n roll band similar to Dorothy. The crowd sat back down and it didn't seem like people were singing along quite as loudly.  The singer definitely has a sexiness to her that she uses to her advantage, but I'm really not into them or her.  My least favorite set of the night.

The headliners, Breaking Benjamin, rocked as usual.  They played in NJ only 6 months ago and ended up doing a few songs different from last time, but we did get the full 18 song headlining set. The best part though was the singer's son next to his side the entire show.  She had a guitar and seemed to be playing along (who knows if he was plugged in).  Some songs he just hung out or rocked out next to him.  Really emotional spot near the end of the set between those two as well.  Also the singer kept talking about NJ being his home so of course the crowd ate that up.  I'd say they delivered the goods and had the crowd back energized again.  Overall, very fun and long concert.

Rock the Rock Fest 2023 Breaking Benjamin The Pretty Reckless Beartooth Sevendust Dorothy

Up next, tonight with Spiritbox, After the Burial, and Intervals in NYC  :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2023, 10:02:22 AM »
Have fun at the Spiritbox show, its fucking insane!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: April 30, 2023, 03:29:54 PM »
Have fun at the Spiritbox show, its fucking insane!!

Thanks, should be fun. I sampled both openers and while I didn't love either, I'm sure they will be solid live. Just sucks its pouring rain here. On the train now and should be at the venue right at doors. My balcony ticket does have skip the line privileges though. If it's as busy to get in as I expect, I may still miss out on being on the balcony edge but I won't be too mad if I just chill in GA since this ticket ended up being only $40 which feels like a steal. I also sold my ticket for the show tomorrow and got my money back plus like 10$.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2023, 07:40:21 AM »
Just bought tickets for Ne Obliviscaris + Persefone on the 5th in Helsinki :metal Will be my first indoor show since Covid!
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #342 on: May 03, 2023, 09:21:04 AM »
Anybody remember when Pearl Jam was positioning themselves as the good guys fighting big bad Ticketmaster? On this tour they've done everything they could to insure that nobody got affordable tickets so they make another billion dollars. At this point I'm starting to think that TM/LN is nothing more than the NFL commissioner. An entity that happily takes all of the heat for the people really pulling the strings. Bruce and Taylor Swift get to rake in gazillions while pointing their finger at TM as the reason you can't afford tickets.

Man, I would kill to see the books on this PJ tour. I'd be fascinated to know what percentage of seats were actually offered to the general public for not "premium" prices. I'd guess 20% tops, and probably closer to 10%. You've got to be able to say "hey, we were offering $45 tickets for that show!" We actually got in with the Verified Fan nonsense, and nosebleeds were fetching $166/ea. And since this is a hard no-resell show, none of this can be written off as trying to be the scalpers. It's just them being greedy, insofar as I can tell.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: May 03, 2023, 09:27:47 AM »
It feels like bands have given up the fight.  No one can seem to knock of the juggernaut that is Ticketmaster.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #344 on: May 03, 2023, 11:56:36 AM »
Anybody remember when Pearl Jam was positioning themselves as the good guys fighting big bad Ticketmaster? On this tour they've done everything they could to insure that nobody got affordable tickets so they make another billion dollars. At this point I'm starting to think that TM/LN is nothing more than the NFL commissioner. An entity that happily takes all of the heat for the people really pulling the strings. Bruce and Taylor Swift get to rake in gazillions while pointing their finger at TM as the reason you can't afford tickets.

That's an interesting take, and one I think I can get on board with.

I was looking at tickets for the Queen + Adam Lambert shows at the Garden. I cannot believe these shows are sold out. There are no tickets available except for a smattering of Platinum seats for a gazillion dollars. Since when did the entre lower bowl qualify as Platinum?

My wife and I make a decent living, but who's buying these tickets? Same for the Bruins and Celtics.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: May 03, 2023, 01:14:34 PM »

I have been saying this for years. I worked in administration for a concert venue 10 years ago (so my knowledge is dated) but ticketmaster definitely gave kickbacks to artists from fees. If you're Taylor Swift or Pearl Jam you just "don't blame me! It's ticket master!!!!" Granted it's not as simplified as this but they aren't as innocent as they lead you to believe.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #346 on: May 03, 2023, 01:17:25 PM »
Good thing I grabbed my Jon Anderson ticket when I did for 5/12. I just checked and the whole show is sold out. Guessing the buzz and videos from these early shows have driven up demand. Really looking forward to this next week.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2023, 01:38:29 PM »
Coheed and Cambria in a few hours  :metal

Then Plini later this Month
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2023, 02:21:01 PM »
I think it comes to the Ticketmaster thing, for the artists, it's like they tried, they risked a lot of their own potential earnings and reputation to help make things fairer for their fans, and they couldn't get it done and now they have to sell out for the money, since at the end of the day, the touring industry is a "Play or be played" industry and that I wouldn't blame the artists to get as much as they can now until the bubble bursts for whatever reasons.

As for me, I'm waiting to see if prices for Nothing More show at the Belasco Theater today drops.  It's at $35.00 right now at the resale market, but I got to drive out to LA on a Wednesday, find a good safe garage to park within walking distance, and I don't really want to go through that hassle for a show in Downtown LA on a Wednesday.  If it drops below $30.00, I may do it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #349 on: May 03, 2023, 02:56:51 PM »

Man, I would kill to see the books on this PJ tour. I'd be fascinated to know what percentage of seats were actually offered to the general public for not "premium" prices. I'd guess 20% tops, and probably closer to 10%. You've got to be able to say "hey, we were offering $45 tickets for that show!" We actually got in with the Verified Fan nonsense, and nosebleeds were fetching $166/ea. And since this is a hard no-resell show, none of this can be written off as trying to be the scalpers. It's just them being greedy, insofar as I can tell.

How does that work?