Author Topic: Concerts for 2023  (Read 29662 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts for 2023
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2023, 10:52:31 AM »
Seeing Clutch in Norfolk tonight  :metal

Nice, I may see them in May, they are awesome live  :metal

Spiritbox this Friday... They posted some pics from their first show in IG, visuals look amazing. Very stoked for this show

checks setlist...  :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2023, 11:27:17 AM »
Well, I have a concert dilemma at hand. I've been wanting to see Avenged Sevenfold, and they announced a tour stop here. The problem is...

Babymetal also announced a tour with dates I can attend being Sept. 30th in Denver, or October 10th in Phoenix (same day as Avenged Sevenfold). I also, want to see Coldplay on October 1st in LA since I do love their new album. I could try and see Babymetal in Denver and fly from there to LA the next  day to see Coldplay and fly home from LA, the catch is the planning and funds.

If anything, I might either forgo Avenged Sevenfold or Coldplay. I just don't know which one since I really want to see both.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2023, 11:37:57 AM »
Seeing Clutch in Norfolk tonight  :metal

Nice, I may see them in May, they are awesome live  :metal

Spiritbox this Friday... They posted some pics from their first show in IG, visuals look amazing. Very stoked for this show

checks setlist...  :metal

So did I...the set is fucking amazing.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2023, 02:41:25 PM »
Saw Killswitch Engage last night with my brother in law. They were good but not really my cup of tea, they are my BIL's favorite band so I was there for support. It was a good time however the beers weren't sitting well with me this morning.

4/2/2023 - The Winery Dogs - Charlotte, NC
4/11/2023 - Killswitch Engage - Charlotte, NC
5/9/2023 - Alter Bridge & Sevendust - Charlotte, NC
5/19/2023 - Plini & Jakub Zytecki - Charlotte, NC
5/24/2023 - Incubus & Coheed and Cambria - Columbia, SC

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #284 on: April 12, 2023, 03:11:28 PM »

5/9/2023 - Alter Bridge & Sevendust - Charlotte, NC

DREAM bill for me and the fam. Tried to make this show and any of them on this short run they are doing work, and just can't. Either cost prohibitive, bad timing with work/school, etc. Been hoping for that pairing for 19 years now, and they finally do it, for a small handful of dates in the Southeast. Hoping AB and 7D take that back across the states in the fall.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2023, 05:48:41 PM »
I'm looking forward to it. I havebt listened to sevendust in a decade but they were one of my favroties bands growing up.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: April 13, 2023, 08:46:00 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. I havebt listened to sevendust in a decade but they were one of my favroties bands growing up.

2 weeks until I see Sevendust.  A local radio concert was able to get them to replace Falling In Reverse who backed out.  Pretty excited for that show, it is:

Breaking Benjamin, The Pretty Reckless, Beartooth, Sevendust, and Dorothy

Offline Awaken

« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2023, 08:50:32 AM »
Adding a few shows to my list for 2023:

DT - June 30 (CT)
Incubus - August 13 (CT)
Adele - September 22 (Las Vegas)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #288 on: April 14, 2023, 09:20:03 AM »
Spiritbox tonight!!! Seen a few fancams from this tour already, they're really upping their stage game on this one, and the setlist is amazing. Got a sneaking suspicion that this might rank as high as Nemophila in Sacramento on my list. (Nemo in SF, while still amazing, suffered from being bass heavy in sound)

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley-  8/10, good show overall, but set got cut short due to Mariusz being sick.
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento- 10/10, fucking perfect.
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco- 9/10, front and center, but sound was off
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
May 4th - The Warning, The Fillmore
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill
May 21st - Love and Rockets, Fox Theater, Oakland
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley
October 6 - Babymetal, Avatar, Pantera, Korn, Polyphia, et al.. Aftershock Festival, Sacramento

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #289 on: April 14, 2023, 09:44:49 AM »
Seeing Polyphia tonight. Not particularly familiar with them, but what I've seen looks good. That said, based on the few minutes I've seen of them, the opener might well be better.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #290 on: April 14, 2023, 09:49:06 AM »
Who's opening for them?

They'll be in the Aftershock mix for me which I've basically committed to now that Babymetal bagged on NorCal for their US tour, if the schedule permits I'll be catching their whole show that day.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: April 14, 2023, 09:53:53 AM »
Seeing Polyphia tonight. Not particularly familiar with them, but what I've seen looks good. That said, based on the few minutes I've seen of them, the opener might well be better.

If you haven't, check out my review of them from just a week or so ago.  I really enjoyed the show, and yes, the opener was really good. I also was not too familiar with Polyphia, but it didn't matter too much.  For me, I don't see the need to really know instrumental music before hand to enjoy the performance.  The guys will wow you.

Spiritbox tonight!!! Seen a few fancams from this tour already, they're really upping their stage game on this one, and the setlist is amazing.

Nice, enjoy  :metal

Sunday night my gf and I are going to see The Wailers locally.  Should be a chill night of reggae music.  My understanding is the son of the orignal Wailers founder is the guy who runs the band now and it has no original members left, but I'd imagine it's the closest and most culturally similar to actually seeing a Bob Marley concert.  I checked the setlist and it's pretty good being almost all Bob Marley songs, but this current version of the band apparently released an album and they are doing two original songs that I enjoyed from sampling them. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2023, 10:13:01 AM »
Who's opening for them?

They'll be in the Aftershock mix for me which I've basically committed to now that Babymetal bagged on NorCal for their US tour, if the schedule permits I'll be catching their whole show that day.
Unprocessed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRpxIpGgffw&list=PLro2DmsAxm4zokqPSH4aDu4hb9DIhdYnx&index=24
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2023, 07:26:41 PM »
In the venue....this place is going to go off...

Let's fucking gooooo....

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #294 on: April 14, 2023, 09:52:50 PM »
Intervals solid as always.

After the Burial...  :omg:

Can't remember the last time an opening band I wasn't familiar with fucking floored me like that. What a fucking show... One of the most brutal crowds I've been in. So much fucking fun.

Spiritbox in ten minutes :caffeine:

Offline Glasser

« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2023, 10:11:18 PM »
Intervals solid as always.

After the Burial...  :omg:

Can't remember the last time an opening band I wasn't familiar with fucking floored me like that. What a fucking show... One of the most brutal crowds I've been in. So much fucking fun.

Spiritbox in ten minutes :caffeine:

Lucky bastard.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2023, 11:28:19 PM »
Don't tell Nemophila, but Spiritbox just might have put on the show of the year.

Alright, just got home, time to put thoughts down...

Intervals is reliable as fuck. Seen them 3 times, and they're impressive every time. Think a d'jent Animals as Leaders vibe, serious skills all around.

As I said above, After the Burial fucking floored me. Their set was about 7 songs, and they were going a thousand miles an hour every song, just getting more and more intense as they went on. The crowd ate it up, and were about as off the hook as any crowd I've been in.

That was until Spiritbox came on. The crowd push was significant, and they were neck deep into every song. Huge energy, massive pits, voices being destroyed left and right. Visually, they were solid. The band sounded tight. Courtney was a massive stage presence, the crowd was fucking putty in her hand. The only negative to the show was in her softer vocal moments, she got drowned out by the bass volume. When she was in power mode, or in growls, the balance was there, but so much of her appeal is tied to those softer moments. A very minor thing considering how kick ass they were otherwise. The crowd for Holy Roller was hands down the most intense crowd I've been a part of, it was literally one massive pit, I've never seen anything like it.

If you're on the path, definitely make the effort to see this band live.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 01:07:26 AM by lonestar »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2023, 06:42:26 AM »
That sounds like a great show RJ. I haven't heard anything from Spiritbox or After the Burial so I'll have to give them a listen.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2023, 09:12:15 AM »
I need to check out After the Burial, don't think I've listened to them before. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2023, 09:56:39 AM »

Very heavy prog/djent stuff, well executed. I think what blew me away the most was just the absolute intensity and relentless they brought. 1000%, and the crowd fucking ate it up. Just a great performance.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #300 on: April 15, 2023, 10:42:45 AM »
I caught the Orlando Umphrey's McGee concert last night, very different vibe than RJ's show :lol but it was excellent. This was my fourth time seeing UM and I never fail to leave totally blown away by the musicianship and chemistry these six guys have. These shows are always interesting for me because I have very little knowledge of the Umphrey's albums so most of the songs they're playing are totally unfamiliar to me. I did luck out a bit with the setlist this time though. First of all, they closed the first set with a cover of Bowie's Let's Dance that absolutely slapped. I've seen videos of them doing it before (here's a good one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNHA5n2Suq0&pp=ygUbdW1waHJleSdzIG1jZ2VlIGxldCdzIGRhbmNl), but according to Setlist FM they haven't played it in two years. Then, they opened up the second set with the title track off Mantis, which is my absolute favorite of the songs of theirs I do know. In true Umphrey's fashion though, they didn't just play through Mantis from start to finish, they played roughly half of Mantis and then segued into a ten minute full band jam (with a spontaneous few bars of For Whom the Bell Tolls), then into what started as a drum solo but turned into a duet with the second percussion player, then into an unrelated song, and then finally 20 minutes later they circled back to the second half of Mantis :lol Just a tremendous live band and one I'll continue to see every time they come through.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 11:21:52 AM by axeman90210 »
Photobucket sucks.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2023, 10:57:05 AM »
I saw them once, very impressive show. And yeah, very different vibe  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: April 15, 2023, 01:05:05 PM »

Very heavy prog/djent stuff, well executed. I think what blew me away the most was just the absolute intensity and relentless they brought. 1000%, and the crowd fucking ate it up. Just a great performance.

Nice. I hope I can get there in time to secure my balcony spot since I have the better ticket for this show. I'd love to see, from above, the crowd go absolutely wild.

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2023, 12:37:26 PM »
Went to the Prognosis Festival this weekend. Decent performances by the band I expected to be great including Soen (both electric and acoustic) and Riverside Impressive perfomances by Iamthemorning and Disillusion.
Higlight of weekend was Zeal & Ardor closing the Saturday. Not your typical progheadliner but I'm not going to skip any chance to see these guys live when they're playing nearby. Unique band with a massive stage performance.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2023, 11:38:00 AM »
Squid is coming next Winter!

February 19th, 2024 Fine Line Music Cafe

The Family Crest also is coming July 12th. to St.Paul, MN to the Turf Club.

Both shows/tours tickets go on sale this Friday.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2023, 02:12:19 PM »
Saw The Wailers on Sunday night. I went in with low expectations and just expecting a low key chill concert.  That's basically what we got.  There's no original members left from Bob Marley's time and the band is now in the hands of one of the original member's son, the drummer.  I *think* the bassist was a long time Wailers member as well although not original.  So you are really getting mostly a Bob Marley cover band with some very loose roots to the original band.  Now that I got my understanding of the band out of the way, I thought they did the songs about as well as you can expect.  The singer was on point and the live female vocals really made it sound good.  The two ladies were awesome and probably my favorite part about the show.  The little dances they did as well. 

We got there 15 minutes before the show started (there was no opener) and were able to walk right to the front so we watched from the front row.  I have never been to this venue before. It was small, but pretty nice.  There was a yellow line on the floor to seperate the stage from the crowd, but I didn't understand that since the stage was normal height.  It made for an odd invisible barrier.  At one point the singer asked everyone to move forward and after about 15 seconds of everyone taking the two steps forward to cross the line, security made everyone take those two steps back.  It was funny seeing the singer make an annoyed face towards the security guard  :lol

We got a different setlist than what I saw posted online so it was cool to see something that wasn't quite the same show day to day.  It still was almost all Bob Marley songs.  They did do two original songs with the current version of the band which I enjoyed.  I got a setlist when the show was over since I was in front of it the entire show, they must have seen me eyeing it. Overall, I'd say, it was a fun show that was worth attending as a Bob Marley fan that has never had anything close to experiencing Bob Marley live.  I probably wouldn't go out of my way to check them out though. Local show for $38 at the door and home by 10pm and I can't complain. 

(LOL at the song Destiny being listed twice, and during the encore, they didn't play Crazy Baldhead and instead played Get Up, Stand Up which makes me wonder if it was in response to security not letting people get close to the stage)

The Wailers LIVE @ The Vogel, Red Bank NJ 4/16/2023

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2023, 08:16:22 PM »
I saw The Wailers open for Dave Matthews like 15 years ago and it was a good show. Something I'd pay $20 for if they played locally.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2023, 09:12:24 AM »
I saw The Wailers open for Dave Matthews like 15 years ago and it was a good show. Something I'd pay $20 for if they played locally.

While I paid more, that's basically how I feel.

Some concerts I've recently bought tickets for:

June 9th - Rhapsody of Fire, Wind Rose & Seven Kingdoms @ Gramercy Theater, New York City NY
June 23rd - Avenged Sevenfold & Falling in Reverse @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
August 8th - Incubus & Badflower @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asubry Park NJ
September 12th - Greta Van Fleet @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2023, 09:53:57 AM »
concert update:
Feb 1 - Alter Bridge / WVH @ Wellmont Theater, NJ
Feb 17 - The Winery Dogs @ Keswick Theater, PA
Mar 10 - ANGEL @ Sellersville Theater, PA
Mar 17 - Riverside @ Underground Arts, PA
Mar 19 - MUSE / Evanescence @ Wells Fargo Center, PA
Mar 29 - The Rush Tribute Project @ Count Basie Theater, NJ
Apr 8 - Queensryche / Marty Friedman @ Paramount, L.I.
Apr 16 - Jon Anderson ('Yes classics') @ NJPAC, NJ

May 10 - Haken @ Theater of Living Arts, PA
Jun 9 - Kansas @ Keswick Theater, PA
Jun 24 - AM Radio @ Sellersville Theater, PA
Jun 28 - Dream Theater @ MSG Theater
Jul 28 - Carl Palmer Band @ Keswick Theater
Jul 29 - Godsmack @ PNC Bank Arts Center, NJ
Aug 10 - Extreme @ Starland Ballroom
Aug 12 - Extreme / Living Colour @ Keswick Theater, PA
Sept 12 - Greta Van Fleet @ MSG, NY
Oct 18 - Queen w AL @ Wells Fargo Center, PA

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2023, 09:56:50 AM »

Not going to be able to see Living Colour at Starland?  I put the Starland show on my calendar, August is just looking insane for me so I'm not going to make a decision on that one until it gets closer.  I'm not huge on Extreme (I thought they were just OK in Boston last year) but I'd like to see Living Colour again and both in one show seems like a good tour. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2023, 09:58:35 AM »
Extreme/Living Colour - 2x for me in August.  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2023, 10:39:12 AM »

Not going to be able to see Living Colour at Starland? 

I'll see them at Keswick. I'm a HUGE Extreme fan and being in August in that hotbox, I'll just go in later for Extreme. At 63, between standing and sweating, I want to be in there for as short as possible!  ;)

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2023, 01:44:35 PM »
Got the tix. My wife and I nailed dead center, Nuno's side on the aisle, third row for one show. And the other, we got the GA balcony seating we wanted (my daughter is coming to that and is a big Living Colour fan). So worked out for us. Can't wait for these two gigs.  :metal

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2023, 09:37:21 PM »
Got the tix. My wife and I nailed dead center, Nuno's side on the aisle, third row for one show. And the other, we got the GA balcony seating we wanted (my daughter is coming to that and is a big Living Colour fan). So worked out for us. Can't wait for these two gigs.  :metal

Awesome!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2023, 11:26:52 PM »
Well, I still got a ticket for the Gojira/Mastodon tour at the Forum on Friday.  Unfortunately, Game 3 of the Kings/Oilers playoff series is on the same day and it's looking to be a better sequel than last year's series.  That said, I don't think I should pass on this kind of quality of a metal tour in a venue like the Forum so I'm just going to check the scoreboard in between songs.