Author Topic: Concerts for 2023  (Read 28994 times)

Offline Glasser

Re: Concerts for 2023
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2023, 04:20:05 PM »
Just FYI, and I think it goes without saying...m/f ratio at this show makes a DT show look like late 80s Def Leppard. :lol

Having personally attended a late 80s Def Leppard show:  HAHAHAHA.

Seriously though...check out the video above, the first six rows of people are all bald spots (including mine lol). I'd say that show had maybe 25 women out of 500 people.

Aftershock was a much better mix, but the upcoming tour will be another collection of sausage fests.

Sausage Fest 2023!! What other bands would be at Sausage Fest?

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2023, 04:51:29 PM »
Shit, a Nemophila crowd would make a Rush crowd look diverse
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 06:25:54 AM by lonestar »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2023, 11:13:52 AM »
Bloodywood Tix purchased...and Korean Rock group Rolling Quartz announced for a very small club in SF. It's on a Thursday, so it's a firm maybe for sure...

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley

Edit- the Rolling Quartz tix are $15... someone please tell me why I shouldn't buy these?

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2023, 01:06:57 AM »
Saw Nestor yesterday and they killed it. The sound was great and the band was so tight.  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2023, 02:36:06 PM »
Rolling Quartz tickets purchased. This year just gets better and better.

Offline Deathless

« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2023, 07:44:40 AM »
On Friday I was invited last minute to see Joe Bonamassa here in Charlotte. The show was outstanding. I am not a huge blues guy, but is probably the most talented guitarist I've ever seen live and also a great singer. He definitely had some long solos on each of his songs but he made sure to showcase his backing band as well.

If you can catch any of the shows on the rest of his tour please do, it's a great show!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2023, 07:59:14 AM »
I found out a day after that Vio-lence and Sacred Reich played out here in Singapore, not really into either but would have been interesting to see a metal show while out here.  Bryan Adams is actually playing the night before I head home, but its very expensive.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2023, 09:12:31 AM »
On Friday I was invited last minute to see Joe Bonamassa here in Charlotte. The show was outstanding. I am not a huge blues guy, but is probably the most talented guitarist I've ever seen live and also a great singer. He definitely had some long solos on each of his songs but he made sure to showcase his backing band as well.

If you can catch any of the shows on the rest of his tour please do, it's a great show!

I really wanted to go to the show in Charlotte but missed out. Glad you had a great time!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2023, 09:27:38 AM »
Nemophila has landed in the States... One day away..

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2023, 12:10:19 PM »
Two great shows over the last few days.

Brutus with Psychonaut as support last Thursday
Plini with Jakub Zytecki on Saturday.

The raw energy at the Brutus show was fantastic.
Looking forward seeing them again next month on Roadburn festival.

Plini is just something special for me. Fourth time Iīve seen them live and itīs still amazing. Fantastic playing, great songs and above all so much fun to see the pure pleasure they have on stage. One of my favorite artist, canīt wait for the next one.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2023, 09:20:49 AM »
I'm seeing Plini in a couple of months and I'm pretty excited. Did Jakub Zytecki open for Plini?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2023, 09:48:42 AM »

I really wanted to go to the show in Charlotte but missed out. Glad you had a great time!
I've been a fan for a while, and every time he tours I think I should make a point to see him. I get as far as looking at ticket prices and decide I don't want to see him that bad. Dude's been at the vanguard for charging super high prices for tickets. I like him but he's not Roger Waters.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2023, 09:57:14 AM »

Never saw him solo, but saw him with BCC and yes, he is a fantastic guitarist! :hefdaddy

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2023, 06:40:28 PM »
Outside the venue.. The front is all glass doors and Nemophila jus did a sound check. Free songs ftw!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2023, 06:46:32 PM »
Nice, have fun  :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2023, 07:11:59 PM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2023, 11:42:03 PM »
Fucking amazing show. Can't believe I get to do it again tomorrow

Drummer Tamu was sporting a DT Live in Budokan shirt  :metal

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 01:36:45 AM by lonestar »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2023, 08:22:19 AM »
Ok...got some sleep and am able to put some words down now.

Obviously I'm biased, but damn do these girls put on one hell of a show. Setlist was perfect, one small technical glitch in the beginning that got fixed quickly. They did about 7 songs, then did an instrumental bit with a cover of The Trooper (it was their first YT upload in 2019) and some of their other songs, then finished with 6 more songs, about a 1.5 hour set in total. Instrumentally, these girls are top notch across the board, and vocalist Mayu is in peak form after giving birth, she was struggling a lot vocally during the pregnancy. The energy they bring is so damn infectious, and they are professionals with everything they do, but most importantly to me at least, they're just so happy and grateful doing what they do, and it's mirrored in the fans. Just a great experience, and I advise anyone in LA, SD, Houston, SXSW, Dallas or NYC to catch their show.

So grateful.

Here's their closing songs, Revive and Oiran with a certain forum member losing his shit about four people down  :metal

https://youtu.be/VMc79NpWW9w

On a side note...the Jesus people showed up to preach to the line of heathens as we waited to get into the venue, guess Nemophila has truly made it since the Christians think these five adorable young ladies are leading us to a life of sin. You've never really made it in the metal scene till the Christians take notice. :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2023, 01:40:51 PM »
I checked out your insta pics and they were awesome, the video looks great too. They sound fantastic :tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2023, 12:57:18 AM »
Day 2 of Nemophila in the books. Another fantastic show of course, good enough that I briefly entertained driving to LA for tomorrow's show after work, but the numbers just don't pan out.

I think this picture pretty much says all that needs to be said about how I enjoyed the show... cram, I hope you enjoy your turn, I treated my bro to this one, him going in blind, and he was floored by how good they were.

Now to wait for the post show depression to creep in

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2023, 01:13:16 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it and awesome pic  :metal  Do they have an opener? 

Can't wait till I get back, I have 3 fun concerts lined up:

March 17th - Muse & Evanescence @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
March 18th - Steel Panther & Crobot @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ   
March 20th - Nemophila @ Gramercy Theater, New York City NY

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2023, 07:21:04 AM »
The Roseville show did, but I think that's it for the tour. It's all Nemophila from here on out. Enjoy it man, they're so much fun.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2023, 12:49:54 PM »
One for the punks. NOFX have just announced the support for their 2 final UK shows.

Leeds has...

Less Than Jake
Lagwagon
Comeback Kid
Codefendants
The Meffs

Hatfield has...

Lagwagon
Anti-Flag
Comeback Kid
Get Dead
The Meffs

I've got tickets for Hatfield and am pretty stoked for that line up. Anti-Flag have always put on a good show when I've seen them. My first time seeing Lagwagon, which will be sweet. Comeback Kid are fine but I could take or leave them to be honest. Get Dead are the best punk band I've discovered in recent years so really looking forward to them. I've heard some of The Meffs, they sound alright.

Ariich, you still planning on going? I'm slowly talking more of my friends into going  :metal

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2023, 01:10:58 PM »
I'm seeing Plini in a couple of months and I'm pretty excited. Did Jakub Zytecki open for Plini?

Little late but yes Jakub was the second opener after Jack Gardiner & Owane.

Jakub and Jack came on stage with Plini for the encore shredfest.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2023, 05:06:10 PM »
Figure I'll toss this in here...last night they covered Into the Arena by MSG...they tend to sneak instrumental covers and medleys into their show to give vocalist Mayu a break, they did the Trooper the first night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cRPbzAxaZs&t=103s&ab_channel=TatsuhikoMiyagawa

And here's their closer Oiran...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqW7UBBIX0&ab_channel=ChrisMizuno

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2023, 03:03:49 AM »
I'm desperate to try to get tickets to Arctangent festival this year. That line up is near flawless, just look at those bands! If I can only do one day it will have to be the Friday!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2023, 04:51:46 AM »
Friday is what I zeroed in on too... Sikth, Ocean, Caligula's. If Csligula's horse in there mid August, and hitting Atlanta early September, I wonder if they're hitting a world tour mode? That would be very fucking sweet indeed.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2023, 05:04:32 AM »
Friday is what I zeroed in on too... Sikth, Ocean, Caligula's. If Csligula's horse in there mid August, and hitting Atlanta early September, I wonder if they're hitting a world tour mode? That would be very fucking sweet indeed.

Yea, not to mention Enslaved, And So I Watch You From Afar,  Holy Fawn, LLNN and Year of No Light. Out of all those bands I've only seen Enslaved and Caligula's Horse, both were excellent.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2023, 11:31:20 AM »
Well, I've been in a dry spell of concerts as of late.  Shows in my region are not that interesting to me or it's too expensive.  On top of that, when I experienced the best concert I have ever been to in the form of Alter Bridge in Toronto, last February, it's hard to dial down expectations for the next show I see.  Therefore, I'm thinking about going for a change of pace.  I'm thinking about seeing this guy name Matt Nathanson on Thursday at this small amphitheater in my hometown.  The first time I heard about this guy was when I heard a few songs of his from the show, Scrubs, and I kept track of his catalog on and off.  For him to come to this small venue that's extremely close to me is something I may not refuse.

Other than that, I got two more Alter Bridge shows.  One in Anaheim in two weeks at my favorite local venue, The House of Blues, and another in Highland, CA in the Inland Empire/San Bernardino area on 04/01.  Night two of Wrestlemania is in SoFi Stadium in Inglewood on 04/02.  Edge hasn't been booked yet for Wrestlemania.  Hopefully, he is booked for 04/02 and I'm still hoping they can be there to finally his theme song, Metalingus, live at Wrestlemania.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2023, 10:35:51 AM »
Aftershock lineup announced, think I'll at least hit Fri, and if Babymetal doesn't attach a tour to this I'll hit Saturday as well so I can finally see them...

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley
October 6 - Tool, Coheed and Cambria, The Hu, Hanabie and others... Aftershock Festival, Sacramento

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2023, 02:25:47 PM »
Aftershock looks pretty solid this year. Also Bad Omens on Friday, they were my favorite discovery last year.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2023, 02:33:19 PM »
Feb 1 - Alter Bridge / WVH @ Wellmont Theater, NJ
Feb 17 - The Winery Dogs @ Keswick Theater, PA
Mar 10 - ANGEL @ Sellersville Theater, PA

Mar 17 - Riverside @ Underground Arts, PA
Mar 19 - MUSE / Evanescence @ Wells Fargo Center, PA
Mar 29 - The Rush Tribute Project @ Count Basie Theater, NJ
Apr 16 - Jon Anderson ('Yes classics') @ NJPAC, NJ
May 10 - Haken @ Theater of Living Arts, PA
Jun 9 - Kansas @ Keswick Theater, PA

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2023, 02:40:50 PM »
Aftershock looks pretty solid this year. Also Bad Omens on Friday, they were my favorite discovery last year.

You're a big 311 fan, right? They're one of the Sat headliners.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2023, 03:51:07 PM »

Yeah, pretty cool to see them at a metal festival but they'll do their typical boring festival set.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2023, 12:31:02 PM »

Yeah, pretty cool to see them at a metal festival but they'll do their typical boring festival set.

BTW are you planning on bringing your good equipment to the Nemophila show?