Author Topic: Concerts for 2023  (Read 29430 times)

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Re: Concerts for 2023
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2023, 11:14:36 AM »
Coheed's No World For Tomorrow tour IS BACK ON WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2023, 11:49:14 AM »
Just saw :metal hyped. I was really looking forward to that show in 2020
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2023, 11:51:22 AM »

Fuck yea! That makes me think they will play both albums in full, or at least that's what they SHOULD be doing. What a show that would be, I'd be all over it. Let's hope they bring it to the UK.

One of my biggest disappointments of last year was how painfully short their set was

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2023, 12:06:11 PM »

Fuck yea! That makes me think they will play both albums in full, or at least that's what they SHOULD be doing. What a show that would be, I'd be all over it. Let's hope they bring it to the UK.

One of my biggest disappointments of last year was how painfully short their set was

The announcement says they're playing NWFT in full, and selected songs from AWOAWM, so I guess 3-4 at most.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2023, 12:58:42 PM »

The announcement says they're playing NWFT in full, and selected songs from AWOAWM, so I guess 3-4 at most.

I'd still take that. Damn I hope that bring it to the UK.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2023, 04:28:32 PM »
With the news of a business trip coming up, these two are now likely no go for me (both were maybes as is):

March 3rd - Eluvietie, Omnium Gatherum & Seven Spires @ Gramercy Theater, New York City NY
March 4th - Kings of Thrash @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ

and with the loss of some concerts, I'm thinking of choosing to see one of these two:

February 18th - Bush & Candlebox @ Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City NY
February 18th - Flogging Molly & Anti-Flag @ Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ

personally, leaning towards Bush, but it's also much more expensive.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2023, 04:32:42 PM »
Glasser tour announcement coming soon!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2023, 04:40:33 PM »
Adding...

May 30th - Helloween/Hammerfall - Ogden Theater, Denver, CO
May 31st - Haken - Denver, CO

June 14th Bela Fleck and The Flecktones - The Lensic, Santa Fe, NM

August 31st - Pantera/Lamb of God - Isleta Amphitheater, Albuquerque, NM

September 22nd - Kansas - Kiva Auditorium, Albuquerque, NM

Oct, 17th - Ne Obliviscaris/Beyond Creation/Persefone - Sunshine Theater, Albuquerque, NM
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 12:01:19 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2023, 08:28:02 AM »
So got my tickets for Coheed  :metal

Alter Bridge - 2/7/23
Riverside - 3/16/23
Coheed and Cambria - 5/3/23
Mastodon/Gojira - 5/11/23
Plini - 5/14/23
Mastodon/Gojira - 8/12/23

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2023, 11:42:57 AM »
2/11 Saturn 3 (Husbands band)
2/25 Innings Festival (Green Day, Weezer, Back Crows, Offspring, etc)
3/3 Saturn 3
3/16 We Are The Union, Catbite, Kill Lincoln
10/7 Coheed and Cambria Neverender No World For Tomorrow in LA
10/23-27 Coheed and Cambria SS. Neverender Raiders of Silent Earth 3

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2023, 12:09:43 PM »
10/7 Coheed and Cambria Neverender No World For Tomorrow in LA
10/23-27 Coheed and Cambria SS. Neverender Raiders of Silent Earth 3

So jealous

So got my tickets for Coheed  :metal

Alter Bridge - 2/7/23
Riverside - 3/16/23
Coheed and Cambria - 5/3/23
Mastodon/Gojira - 5/11/23
Plini - 5/14/23
Mastodon/Gojira - 8/12/23

This is also a great line up of shows

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2023, 05:35:36 PM »
And blamo!!!!  Tickpick has some tickets for Bush at Hollywood Palladium this Sunday for $25.00.  Instant purchase.  Jerry Cantrell is going to be main support.  Also excellent.  First show of 2023 I'm going to and it keeps my monthly concert streak alive going back to August 2021.

My updated list now.

Bush with Jerry Cantrell - Hollywood Palladium - Los Angeles, California.  January 29th, 2023.
Alter Bridge with Mammoth WVH opening - History - Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  February 11th, 2023.
Alter Bridge with Mammoth WVH and Pistols at Dawn (no idea who those guys are) - House of Blues - Anaheim, California.  March 28th, 2023.
Alter Bridge with Mammoth WVH - Yeamova Theater - Highland, California.  April 1st, 2023.
Mastodon and Gojira with Lorna Shore opening - The Forum - Inglewood, California. April 21st 2023.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2023, 08:11:08 PM »
Bush is like $70 with Candlebox. not Jerry Cantrell, in NYC.  I wish I got a deal like that.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2023, 08:44:05 PM »
And blamo!!!!  Tickpick has some tickets for Bush at Hollywood Palladium this Sunday for $25.00.  Instant purchase.  Jerry Cantrell is going to be main support.  Also excellent.  First show of 2023 I'm going to and it keeps my monthly concert streak alive going back to August 2021.

:tup

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2023, 04:23:26 PM »
First show of the year tonight, and it's a not-so-secret Cynic show!

1/27: Uroboric Forms + Future Usses @ Knitting Factory North Hollywood

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2023, 06:27:37 PM »
Well.  This is depressing.  I got an email from Ticketmaster stating that due Reno, NV being snowed in Jerry Cantrell will not be in the LA show, but Bush will still go as scheduled.  There’s many questions I have about this.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2023, 05:10:46 AM »
Saw Anneke van Giersbergen doing Kate Bush songs last week, it was great.

Thus far this is the planning:
-Distant Worlds - Final Fantasy 35th anniversary Coral (AFAS live)
-Pentatonix - The World Tour (AFAS live)
-Roger Waters - This is Not a Drill (Ziggodome)
-Hans Zimmer - Europe 2023 tour (Ziggodome)
-Ayreon - Live Beneath the Waves (013)

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2023, 05:13:39 AM »

A goddamn thing of beauty

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2023, 08:08:55 AM »
Well.  This is depressing.  I got an email from Ticketmaster stating that due Reno, NV being snowed in Jerry Cantrell will not be in the LA show, but Bush will still go as scheduled.  There’s many questions I have about this.

I assume because Bush is the headliner, they won't offer refunds as the show is expected to go on anyway.  Sucks for sure.

Offline tofee35

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2023, 10:29:38 AM »
Gaelic Storm / The High Kings - Medford, Ma on March 18 - I'm absolutely pumped for this. Celtic music and outstanding vocal harmonies and these two bands are currently the best touring the US IMO.
-Tof

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2023, 04:11:39 PM »

A goddamn thing of beauty

Yes, looking forward to this one the most! I have been listening to Final Fantasy music as early as 1997 as a little kid and have (mostly) been on board with the franchise throughout the years.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2023, 07:37:40 PM »
So my day was interesting seeing Bush headline Hollywood Palladium yesterday.

For lunch, I went to a small Chicago-style restaurant and got an Italian Beef sandwich and a Maxwell Polish sausage hot dog.  I didn't had the change to get those items when I was in Chicago last year, so this somewhat makes up for it.  The hot dog was surprisingly bigger than I thought it was.  It was all right.  Wouldn't mind coming back to the restaurant on the way to another concert in the future.

Anywho, the day was like half-cloudy and when I got to the parking garage (which costed $17.00 on ParkWiz, no issues getting in and out of the garage), the sky did not look like it was going to rain at all.  Keep that in mind as the story goes on.  Got in line at around 3:30 or so.  Good standard modern rock crowd to be around.  Got an email after 5 PM that says "We just learned that due to being snowed in in Reno, Jerry Cantrell is no longer performing at your upcoming event."  I don't know how Cantrell couldn't make it, but Bush was still able to make it from Reno to LA (which is only 7 hours of a drive away).  Touring logistics is a tricky thing to navigate. 

Anywho, doors opened at 6 PM, I got to a spot in the back of the venue that has a rail near the soundboard.  Would have a clear view and I don't want to be cramped into the largest all-GA floor venue in Southern California that holds around 4,000 people or so.  I felt slightly underdressed for this show.  I've seen a fair amount of people wearing plaid and flannel shirts and I kinda regretted not wearing the Shinedown flannel I bought a few weeks back that has the Leave A Whisper album cover on the back of the shirt. Oh well, it's going to rain later in the day, probably for the best.

So people were thinking after Cantrell pulled out, what's going to happen?  Well, I heard someone next to me say that they heard from a bartender told them that the first band is not going to go out until 7:45.  Oh dear, so we waited 90 minutes without a band playing, with not even interesting instrumental house music in the background to get pumped to.

The opening band was called Starcrawler.  Oh my goodness.  It has taken 8.5 years, but I might have saw the worst opening band I have ever seen.  While I was waiting in line, someone behind said that this band kinda reminds them of Early Motley Crue, and I go, "All right, well I can tolerate that."    Yeah, nope.  I couldn't hear clearly what the frontwoman was saying.  The music was ok, I guess, but their aesthetics clearly did not match a show that would have had a guy that's a lead guitarist of a 90s grunge band and a great 90s Alt rock/Grunge band.  The frontwoman seemed like one of those try-hard person getting people into them.  I think she tried to get the crowd to bark at her.  At the end of their set, she left the stage and the band still played for like a minute of so and when they were done, people just give a scattering small round of applause moreso out of confusion and displeasure out of anything.

So the set lasted until 8:30 and we waited until 9:15 until Bush came out.  So basically, Bush needs to clearly salvage the night, because I feel bad for the people that paid face value of $58.00 for 45 minutes of whatever that opening band was and 90 minutes of Bush, when if things worked out fine, they would have also gotten 50 minutes of Jerry Cantrell playing solo stuff and some AIC songs.  I paid $25.00, so I wouldn't be as mad.  However, Bush pulled a great set.  Gavin Rossdale is still a great solid frontman.  Even if they played Machinehead as the 2nd song of the set, they didn't had the crowd dead the rest of the way.  It was a solid responsive crowd.  They dedicated 8 songs towards their last two albums.  They also sprinkled their big songs from Sixteen Stone and stuff like The Chemicals Between Us and The Sound Of Winter.  The pacing of the show was fantastic as well.

Sadly, Gavin didn't the thing in Little Things like he during the Altimate tour where he would ran around the entire venue and high-fiving anyone he sees in the crowd even the people in the lawn.  Probably would be hard to accomplish that in an all-GA floor where everything could be cramped, but he had great energy and the band had great energy. 

Anywho, the shows was over at 10:45 and despite no rain at the time the doors opened at 6, there was plenty of rain when the show ended that caught people off guard.  The cheap knock-off shirts people and LA Hot Dog vendors was still trying to get their hustle in the rain.  Thankfully, the parking lot wasn't too far away from me, so I made it out ok and went to a nearby tea shop close to home to get a tropical fruit blend with tea in the mix with lychee jelly.  It tasted ok at the start, but it got more bitter in the end, but drinking that was probably going to help my voice out for the next day.  I wouldn't mind coming back to that shop since everything else closes at around 11:30.

Well, my next shows are going to be fantastic.  Three Alter Bridge shows, one of them in Toronto, one of them 5-10 minutes away from me near Disneyland, and one of them in the Inland Empire.  Heck, depending how I feel after the Toronto trip, I may still book a trip to see them in Kansas City one day and go to St. Louis for a Blues game the next day.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 07:45:23 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2023, 08:07:07 AM »
I was wondering myself if Gavin was going to do his typical walk around the venue for this tour since some venues may make that tricky to do. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2023, 06:20:41 AM »
Thanks to Uncle Sam dropping a few bucks into my account, decided to go on a spree... Tix purchased for everything except Spiritbox (it's an aftermarket ticket so I'm watching the price). Also added tix to the Nemophila livestream show for Feb 10th.

Also adding Tarja... Not a massive fan, but it's an amazing venue on a Friday night for 30 bucks.... So why the fuck not?

Probably gonna skip Alestorm, seen both bands already, and that show is on a Monday deep in the city... May change my mind.

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2023, 08:59:02 AM »
Tarja over Alestorm  ???

I'm a big Nightwish fan, but I'm not sure I'm going to go to the NYC Tarja show.  Her solo music just isn't that great.  Her progpower set in 2018 was a bore that had everyone leaving (funny enough, she went on after Alestorm). Granted, she's a great singer and was super nice at the meet and greet.  I just don't connect much with her solo music.  SHe did do a cool Nightwish medley though.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2023, 09:48:19 AM »
Tarja over Alestorm  ???

I'm a big Nightwish fan, but I'm not sure I'm going to go to the NYC Tarja show.  Her solo music just isn't that great.  Her progpower set in 2018 was a bore that had everyone leaving (funny enough, she went on after Alestorm). Granted, she's a great singer and was super nice at the meet and greet.  I just don't connect much with her solo music.  SHe did do a cool Nightwish medley though.

It's a Monday night and an hour away... And I get up at 4am the next morning... It's more logistics than anything else. If it was a weekend I'd be there in a heartbeat

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2023, 09:58:49 AM »
Yeah that's brutal.  I'm happy Alestorm is on a Saturday here.  My gf and I got our tickets already, we are so excited for that one.

This was just announced as part of the Atlantic City Beer Festival:

June 4th - 311 @ Bader Field, Atlantic City NJ

The next day for the second session has Dropkick Murphys but I doubt I can do two days of beer festival in the afternoon during the summer.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2023, 11:56:38 AM »
Allegaeon announced a west coast tour... Aaaaaaaaaand they're skipping SF  :censored

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2023, 12:18:45 PM »
Allegaeon announced a west coast tour... Aaaaaaaaaand they're skipping SF  :censored

It's more like a Canada tour with some American dates.  :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2023, 03:36:09 PM »

It's more like a Canada tour with some American dates.  :biggrin:

They're doing the skip SF in favor of Sacramento thing a lot of bands have been doing on the road from Portland to LA. It cuts out a good 3 hours in and out of the city, so I get it, just fucking sucks. No matter, Allegaeon tours a shit ton, just really wanted to see how the new singer fits with a full set.

In other news, Tarja tix purchased.  :tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2023, 05:01:19 PM »
Officially put in PTO from work today for these two concerts:

April 28th - Breaking Benjamin, Falling In Reverse, The Pretty Reckless, Beartooth, Dorothy @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ (radio festival so it has an early start and we want to get there in time to see Dorothy)
May 7th - Set It Off, Scene Queen & In Her Own Words @ Theatre of Living Arts, Philadelphia PA (we come back from Aruba the night before so taking the Monday off seems like a good idea to hit up the Philly show since we can't make the NYC show)

I'm very pumped for next weekend which, for me, feels like the return to live music after a month of no concerts. 

February 10th - Def Leppard & Motley Crue @ Etess Arena, Atlantic City NJ - John 5's first concert with Motley Crue!!!
February 11th - Parkway Drive & Memphis May Fire @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ - Sold out!!!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2023, 09:10:47 AM »
Well, happy birthday to me if all goes well.  Disturbed has announced a new NA tour. Canada gets Theory of a Deadman.  US gets Breaking Benjamin and Jinjer.  Irvine show is on my birthday.  Neat.

https://loudwire.com/disturbed-2023-tour-dates-breaking-benjamin-theory-of-a-deadman-jinjer/

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2023, 09:13:27 AM »
Well, happy birthday to me if all goes well.  Disturbed has announced a new NA tour. Canada gets Theory of a Deadman.  US gets Breaking Benjamin and Jinjer.  Irvine show is on my birthday.  Neat.

https://loudwire.com/disturbed-2023-tour-dates-breaking-benjamin-theory-of-a-deadman-jinjer/

Saw that on Facebook, shame they're bagging on pretty much all of norcal. Not going to make the 4 hour trip to see Jinjer as an opener. That's three tours in a row Jinjer has skipped us, pretty much settled that I won't ever see them.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2023, 09:44:14 AM »
2/21 Kimbra
2/24 Those Medley Kids (Prog Band from Minnesota)
4/7 Black Belt Eagle Scout
4/23 Micky Dolenz (Milwaukee)
4/29 Micky Dolenz (Minneapolis)
5/30 Janet Jackson
7/7 Ours

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2023, 10:02:19 AM »

Interesting how my local date has TBD as support. Apparently it's part of a local radio show event so hopefully someone good.