Author Topic: Big Wreck (Wow.)  (Read 340 times)

Offline BlacklistJones

Big Wreck (Wow.)
« on: February 10, 2024, 04:50:02 PM »
The very first time I ever heard Big Wreck was ironically live, at my very first Dream Theater concert, when they opened up for them on their tour supporting Falling Into Infinity. I was eleven years old at the time, and never listened to them again.

Until my curiosity got the best of me today and I decided to see if they were doing their thing.

And yes, they are not only doing their thing but they are so much more incredible than I ever gave them credit for.

Has anyone heard their latest album, Pages? Probably one of my favorite albums in the last few years. Is it worth jumping into the rest of their catalogue, or was this album completely and entirely opposite to what they normally come up with? This particular album sounds like It Bites, with Chris Cornell as the lead singer, and I'm all for it.

Offline HOF

Re: Big Wreck (Wow.)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 04:59:43 PM »
I only know their first album, which is ok but wasn’t enough to make me dig further. But I know they have their fans here and that they are a little more proggy than that first album suggests.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 08:14:32 PM »
I haven't heard Pages which is the new EP, but I find most of their records good, but not amazing.

In Loving Memory is my favorite..but among the albums they made since the comeback, 2014's Ghosts is the 1 I enjoy the most.

There have been some other topics of course about them:

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=34692
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49818

« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 07:36:46 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 07:25:41 PM »
I have liked a a few of their tune over the years
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"