Author Topic: Last movie you saw? v2.0  (Read 50915 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Last movie you saw? v2.0
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2023, 08:18:24 AM »
Watched "Se7en" last night for the first time in a long time. Still a great movie
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2023, 01:16:17 PM »
Have you guys seen the latest Chip 'n Dale film? It is a recent Disney film that has many similarities with Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2023, 01:29:17 PM »
Have you guys seen the latest Chip 'n Dale film? It is a recent Disney film that has many similarities with Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I watched that a few weeks ago and got Roger Rabbit vibes from it. I was genuinely surprised at how funny it was. Lots of nostalgic and clever animated characters throughout.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2023, 01:48:30 PM »
Have you guys seen the latest Chip 'n Dale film?

Pretty sure Chad catches the live shows every week  :biggrin:

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2023, 07:20:11 AM »
Soylent Green
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2023, 11:03:08 AM »
Enola Holmes 2. As good as the first one, neither movie is exactly a masterpiece but they're quite a nice ride for a couple of hours of harmless victorian fun.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2023, 05:14:41 PM »
We watched the first one as a family, and I missed out on the 2nd one. I don't remember much from the first film (I think I was entertaining the little kid for much of it) other than I didn't like how Moriarty was portrayed, but I know the rest of the family enjoyed it.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2023, 10:48:17 AM »
Soylent Green
Tasty.

We watched the first one as a family, and I missed out on the 2nd one. I don't remember much from the first film (I think I was entertaining the little kid for much of it) other than I didn't like how Moriarty was portrayed, but I know the rest of the family enjoyed it.
??  You may be confusing this with another movie.  Moriarty wasn't in Enola Holmes, as far as I remember.  I haven't seen the second one.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2023, 11:02:55 AM »
Soylent Green
Tasty.

??  You may be confusing this with another movie.  Moriarty wasn't in Enola Holmes, as far as I remember.  I haven't seen the second one.

Whoops. I meant Mycroft.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2023, 12:20:27 PM »
Soylent Green
Tasty.

Whoops. I meant Mycroft.
Ah.  Well, Mycroft was certainly a jerk in that film.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2023, 11:34:38 AM »
Working my way through an Aardman marathon. Rewatched CHICKEN RUN last night, a real delight.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline pg1067

« Reply #291 on: February 22, 2023, 01:01:23 PM »
I watched Shotgun Wedding (Jennifer Lopez and Josh Duhamel) the other night.  It was one of those "it's so bad it's almost good" kind of movies.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2023, 01:27:16 PM »
I watched Shotgun Wedding (Jennifer Lopez and Josh Duhamel) the other night.  It was one of those "it's so bad it's almost good" kind of movies.

My wife was watching that.  I only saw one scene and it was rom-com by the numbers.  But dammit, they both looked damn good doing it.  :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2023, 01:31:13 PM »
Anything J-Lo is in is Rom Com by the numbers.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2023, 01:44:43 PM »
Anything J-Lo is in is Rom Com by the numbers.

True, but I'll totally give her props for Selena, but that was a while ago.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2023, 02:07:02 PM »
I think I've avoided all her movies except Out Of Sight.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2023, 02:18:19 PM »
J-Lo is not rom-com by the numbers.

She is pretty fantastic in rom-coms.  Nothing "by the numbers" about her.  Most other rom-coms are pretty awful compared to hers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2023, 03:04:38 PM »
Not my genre of movies at all honesty.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2023, 03:34:48 PM »

My wife was watching that.  I only saw one scene and it was rom-com by the numbers.  But dammit, they both looked damn good doing it.  :)

It actually kinda wasn't, and I really wouldn't describe the movie as a rom-com (which is probably the only reason I stuck with it).  It was mostly an action comedy until the end where the "rom" crept into it a bit.

As for Lopez, I took a quick look at her filmography, and I'm not sure I've seen more than 2-3 of them.  I remember one where she was a waitress and someone tipped her with a winning lottery ticket or something like that, and the character was completely obnoxious.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2023, 06:03:48 AM »
Bad Biology (so crazy!)

The Whale (outstanding performances!)
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2023, 07:22:19 AM »

It actually kinda wasn't, and I really wouldn't describe the movie as a rom-com (which is probably the only reason I stuck with it).  It was mostly an action comedy until the end where the "rom" crept into it a bit.

As for Lopez, I took a quick look at her filmography, and I'm not sure I've seen more than 2-3 of them.  I remember one where she was a waitress and someone tipped her with a winning lottery ticket or something like that, and the character was completely obnoxious.

She was in this "gritty" movie about a group of strippers who "turned the tables" and used date rape drugs on their male customers and "coerced" money out of them.  The politics notwithstanding (it was clear that the men - Wall Street impresarios - "deserved" it for their roles in the 2008 crash), it just struck me that while she played a stripper, she was the "star" and didn't have to do some of the things the other actresses did who weren't such a big name.  She got great reviews for it, and did a lot behind the scenes, but it seemed light to me.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2023, 07:37:33 AM »

She was in this "gritty" movie about a group of strippers who "turned the tables" and used date rape drugs on their male customers and "coerced" money out of them.  The politics notwithstanding (it was clear that the men - Wall Street impresarios - "deserved" it for their roles in the 2008 crash), it just struck me that while she played a stripper, she was the "star" and didn't have to do some of the things the other actresses did who weren't such a big name.  She got great reviews for it, and did a lot behind the scenes, but it seemed light to me.
I forgot about that movie. She got a lot of praise for it and she was good in the role. But it was one of those movies where the stripper inexplicably never actually stripped despite being on stage.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2023, 03:44:53 PM »
The Banshees of Inisherin

Was ok. Odd. Lovely photography and great performances. Not quite sure what the point was or what it was supposed to be, though.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2023, 09:34:48 PM »
I'm Thinking Of Ending Things

I have no idea what I just saw, but that is to be expected with Charlie Kaufman. Fantastic performances all around. Like any Kaufman film, this is not for everybody, or most people for that matter. He is one of my favorite screenwriters/directors and I just eat up everything he does. This might have been more baffling than Synecdoche, New York.

Either way, intriguing film.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2023, 04:36:15 AM »
White Noise.

What the hell. Completely WTFesque movie with no rhyme or reason. Congratulations to those who "get" and appreciate this kind of thing, I don't and I spaced out halfway through and watched it on 1.5 speed just to see if I was missing something. I don't remember giving up on a movie this way. I like some weird and unusual stuff, but this..... gods, no. You can't pay me to watch it again.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2023, 06:07:59 AM »
It's based on a Don DeLillo novel, which means at least the source material isn't (necessarily) the problem. It's been deemed an "unfilmable book" though, and maybe that's accurate.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 07:22:26 AM by Stadler »

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2023, 07:08:50 AM »
Cocaine Bear.  :metal

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2023, 07:10:14 AM »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2023, 08:48:16 AM »
Cocaine Bear.  :metal

Me too  :metal

Me three.  :metal

Absurd, flimsy plot, B level effects, poorly realized characters, uneven acting, gross-out horror, and ultimately funny as hell. I had a great time!  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Adami

« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2023, 08:51:23 AM »
Women Talking.

Not a perfect film, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely not for everyone, but I really liked it a lot.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2023, 09:06:53 AM »
The Banshees of Inisherin

Was ok. Odd. Lovely photography and great performances. Not quite sure what the point was or what it was supposed to be, though.
I saw this over the weekend and thought it was fantastic.

But I don't worry about "the point".  It was definitely strange, but the performance were top notch, and the cinematography was incredible.  One of my favorite recent watches, and I see why it was nominated for Best Picture, although I don't think it will win.

Online Adami

« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2023, 09:42:09 AM »
Continuing my Oscars prep, I watched Top Gun: Maverick.

I was expecting a brainless popcorn flick. I even had to double check during the opening scenes to make sure I wasn't watching the original. But you know what? It was a pretty good movie! Not nearly best picture worthy but a good movie. Very well shot, the acting was good and the story was better than it had any business being. I even liked Miles Teller, and I hate Miles teller.

Also kudos to Val Kilmer. Really elevated the movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2023, 11:00:50 AM »

I was expecting a brainless popcorn flick. I even had to double check during the opening scenes to make sure I wasn't watching the original. But you know what? It was a pretty good movie! Not nearly best picture worthy but a good movie. Very well shot, the acting was good and the story was better than it had any business being. I even liked Miles Teller, and I hate Miles teller.

Very good sequel.....just a solid action film with some substance sprinkled in. Top notch production obviously.....I really liked it.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2023, 11:26:46 AM »

Very good sequel.....just a solid action film with some substance sprinkled in. Top notch production obviously.....I really liked it.

I concur! Like Adami, I was expecting the same cheesy flick of the 80's and was impressed with the overall production. In fact the last sequence reminded me of Star Wars so - ain't nothing wrong with that!  :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2023, 11:39:48 AM »

I concur! Like Adami, I was expecting the same cheesy flick of the 80's and was impressed with the overall production. In fact the last sequence reminded me of Star Wars so - ain't nothing wrong with that!  :tup

How many scenes were there in the locker room with the stars wearing only towels, and being miraculously sweaty even after showering?