Author Topic: House of the Dragon - HBO - Discussion (Spoilers)  (Read 16121 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: House of the Dragon - HBO - Discussion (Spoilers)
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2024, 02:35:04 PM »
Yeah the acting in this episode was fantastic. Rhaenyra had just one line in the whole episode and she too just nailed its delivery.

So spoilers for the episode

I read the book version of the ending of the episode and holy shit it was way more brutal in the book. I think I like the show version more but if they did it the book way it would've been even more brutal. I think this also gets the guardman in a world of shit as I think he said all the guards to leave so he could screw Alicent.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2024, 06:37:34 AM »
V and I did a rewatch of season one over the last week in preparation for the new season. I forgot just how good that first season was.

Season two's opener was great. I can't believe those numbskulls killed that baby. They were specifically told to kill a person with one eye.   

Also, Ser Criston can go fuck himself.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2024, 08:48:26 AM »
Season two's opener was great. I can't believe those numbskulls killed that baby. They were specifically told to kill a person with one eye.   

So in some of the recap stuff I've watched, the numbskulls asked Daemon what to do if if they can't find him and he's silent and it cuts away, I took that to me, don't do anything, but some people seem to think he implied something else.  I've been slowly watching the Alt Shift X 3 hour Q&A on youtube and this stuff is so in depth beyond what I realized.  Also, one reason why I really like this show or shows like this and while it sucks, I dont mind the week wait because I can spend time digging in.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2024, 09:25:09 AM »
We finally had time to watch the episode last night.

Good stuff.  Very excited about this new season.

My wife was a little disappointed because she had seen some kind of info saying there was a "Red Wedding" moment in this episode (presumably talking about the end of the episode).  When it was over, she said "That was NOTHING like the Red Wedding" which traumatized her when we first watched it lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2024, 09:34:16 AM »
Nothing like it, but pretty disturbing in its own way.  Just the sound was enough to squeal a bit

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2024, 07:14:54 PM »

One of the two asked Daemon what they should do "if they can't find Aemon."  The scene then cut away, maybe implying that they were then to kill the king's eventual heir.  I guess we'll see what plays out.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2024, 10:02:31 PM »
What an amazing followup episode. The acting in this episode was off the charts by everyone.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Realm

« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2024, 10:12:55 PM »
Really loving this show. I did a full rewatch of season 1 and just absolutely loved it - the time jumps etc all just flowed so much better for me when I knew what was happening - the first time through it was all a bit jarring and my one fault of the show. I also didn't fully warm to Emma D'Arcy in the first watch but am loving her performance now. In season 2 she, like all the cast have gone up a level.

My favourite scene of the new episode was Otto losing his job. Rhys Ifans knocked that scene out of the park.