Author Topic: 60 days in  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
60 days in
« on: September 23, 2022, 09:13:50 AM »
Apparently this shows been around for awhile, but I just learned of it.

Reality show where innocent people sign up to do 60 real days locked up with real prisoners in jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DxUnd8QK74&ab_channel=A%26E

There's not enough money in the world to get me to do this  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 60 days in
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 09:29:44 AM »
Full disclosure, I haven't watched this (and won't), but this sounds like one of those constructs that are fatally flawed before they ever get off the ground.  It's like those reality shows that purport to show "real reactions", but, for example, the cameras are already set up in a room with the person who is being surprised.  We forget that when watching these shows; they can't POSSIBLY be real, in many of the circumstances.   Don't ever try to tell me that things like "The Bachelor" are "real"; it's not physically possible. 

And so here, if I'm a prisoner - and full disclosure again, I've never been a prisoner, either in prison or jail (they are different), but I have two friends, rather close, who have done felony time - I'm not treating these people as other prisoners.  These people are in some ways mocking me.  Or belittling me; there is nothing to "want" to be in prison.  There's nothing to "try".  I would be pissed if I was a real prisoner (especially if I felt like I was wrongly imprisoned).

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 09:41:09 AM »
^I agree with all of that^

I have never heard of this show, and no way would I take part in such an endeavor, or want to watch it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 10:45:30 PM »
I once did 40 days in county jail, so I did 2/3 this time. It wasn't awful. The loss of freedom is hard to describe, yet basically what you would think it is. It's going to affect everyone differently. And much of that is going to be informed by what is being lost on the outside, and what will happen when they are released. Worrying about to pick up the pieces of my life once I got out was honestly the worst part for me.

I am digressing... I don't watch "reality" tv. My wife used to watch it religiously - it never seemed to matter what the topic was - and I couldn't stand more than 2 minutes of any of it. I have no idea how this is being presented to the inmates ("Hey so the corrections department is requiring we set up 100s of cameras, extra security, pay them no mind..."). And I have no idea why anyone would sign up for this. Other than to be on TV. Wait... I just answered my own question. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 10:47:34 PM »
One day was enough for me tyvm.