Poll

Vote for your FOUR LEAST FAVORITE songs!

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
1 (2.1%)
Fly On A Windshield
2 (4.2%)
Broadway Melody Of 1974
6 (12.5%)
Cuckoo Cocoon
2 (4.2%)
In The Cage
0 (0%)
Back In N.Y.C.
1 (2.1%)
Hairless Heart
6 (12.5%)
Counting Out Time
2 (4.2%)
The Carpet Crawlers
0 (0%)
The Chamber Of 32 Doors
2 (4.2%)
Lilywhite Lillith
2 (4.2%)
Anyway
3 (6.3%)
Here Comes The Supernatural Anaesthetist
5 (10.4%)
The Lamia
1 (2.1%)
The Colony Of Slippermen
1 (2.1%)
The Light Dies Down On Broadway
6 (12.5%)
Riding The Scree
7 (14.6%)
it.
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 24, 2022, 07:49:53 PM

Author Topic: Genesis Survivor 2022 - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - Round 2 (VOTE FOR FOUR)  (Read 356 times)

Offline The Letter M

Fly On A Windshield
Broadway Melody Of 1974
Cuckoo Cocoon
In The Cage
Back In N.Y.C.
Hairless Heart
Counting Out Time
The Carpet Crawlers
The Chamber Of 32 Doors
Lilywhite Lilith
Anyway
Here Comes The Supernatural Anaesthetist
The Lamia
The Colony Of Slippermen
The Light Dies Down On Broadway
Riding The Scree
it.

Round 1's Results:
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway 1 (1.8%)
Fly On A Windshield 2 (3.6%)
Broadway Melody Of 1974 3 (5.5%)
The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging 5 (9.1%)
Back In N.Y.C. 1 (1.8%)
Hairless Heart 1 (1.8%)
Counting Out Time 1 (1.8%)
Lilywhite Lillith 1 (1.8%)
The Waiting Room 5 (9.1%)
Anyway 1 (1.8%)
Here Comes The Supernatural Anaesthetist 3 (5.5%)
The Lamia 1 (1.8%)
Silent Sorrow In Empty Boats 7 (12.7%)
The Colony Of Slippermen 1 (1.8%)
Ravine 8 (14.5%)
The Light Dies Down On Broadway 4 (7.3%)
Riding The Scree 4 (7.3%)
In The Rapids 5 (9.1%)
it. 1 (1.8%)
Total Members Voted: 11

19. The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging
       The Waiting Room
       In The Rapids
22. Silent Sorrow In Empty Boats
23. Ravine

Alrighty, just to make sure everyone knows, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR FOUR SONGS in this round!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 08:42:53 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jammindude

I’m pretty freaking annoyed that Grand Parade is out the first round. I absolutely adore that song.

Hairless Heart
Anyway
Light Dies
Scree
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline HOF

Can’t even remember what I voted for last time (think I did vote Grand Parade though).

Offline Mladen

Hairless Heart
Anyway
Light Dies
Scree
I'm going along with those choices. I'm actually ready to go along with anything, unless someone votes for two or three songs that I actually somewhat care about. Yeah, I do not like this album.  :lol

Offline DTA

Lamb
Cocoon
Supernatural
NYC

Offline HOF

Hairless Heart
Anyway
Light Dies
Scree
I'm going along with those choices. I'm actually ready to go along with anything, unless someone votes for two or three songs that I actually somewhat care about. Yeah, I do not like this album.  :lol

It's always been my least favorite Genesis album (not counting FGTR). Mostly because it was hyped as this amazing concept album, and I just didn't get it outside of a few tracks (it starts really strong and then gets really weird). Over time I've come to like a lot more of the individual tracks, but as a whole I still struggle with it.

Offline jammindude

Hairless Heart
Anyway
Light Dies
Scree

It's always been my least favorite Genesis album (not counting FGTR). Mostly because it was hyped as this amazing concept album, and I just didn't get it outside of a few tracks (it starts really strong and then gets really weird). Over time I've come to like a lot more of the individual tracks, but as a whole I still struggle with it.

For a long time, this album was a tale of two sides to me. I absolutely love the whole of the first record, and then Lilywhite Lilith, but it kinda falls off the table after that.

Since then I’ve come to appreciate side 4 a bit more, but The Waiting Room and Silent Sorrow always seemed like pure padding to me. It’s as if they didn’t have enough material for “Act 2” and just inserted a lot of nonsense to equal out the time.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline The Letter M

Hairless Heart
Anyway
Light Dies
Scree

For a long time, this album was a tale of two sides to me. I absolutely love the whole of the first record, and then Lilywhite Lilith, but it kinda falls off the table after that.

Since then I’ve come to appreciate side 4 a bit more, but The Waiting Room and Silent Sorrow always seemed like pure padding to me. It’s as if they didn’t have enough material for “Act 2” and just inserted a lot of nonsense to equal out the time.

IIRC, a lot of that instrumental "nonsense" was to give time for Peter to change into various outifts and costumes for the stage show. I guess when they were writing the album, he had the foresight to include those breaks for him to go backstage and change.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!