Poll

Choose your status

I have never had Covid to my knowledge but could have had an asymptomatic case.  I am vaxxed and boosted
I have never had Covid to my knowledge but could have had an asymptomatic case.  I am not vaxxed.
I have had Covid or suspected Covid before the vaccine was available
I have had Covid once and am fully vaxxed and boosted
I have had Covid more than once and am fully vaxxed and boosted
I have had Covid once and am not vaxxed
I have had Covid more than once and am not vaxxed
Other (explain in post if you'd like)

Author Topic: Covid poll  (Read 3526 times)

Online Harmony

Covid poll
« on: September 22, 2022, 08:49:38 AM »
I'm just curious.  You must vote to see the results.  Let me know if there is an option I am missing.  I have not yet had my coffee this morning.  :P
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Re: Covid poll
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 08:52:02 AM »
I have never had Covid to my knowledge but could have had an asymptomatic case.  I am vaxxed and boosted

That's me.  I've been exposed plenty, but have never tested positive.  Closest I came was when my daughter had Omicron in January.  I felt "off," but couldn't trigger a positive test.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 08:53:14 AM »
Option #1.

Wife has had it officially twice and the kid once. Both are vaxxed as well.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 08:54:35 AM »
I have never had Covid to my knowledge but could have had an asymptomatic case.  I am vaxxed and boosted.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 09:03:59 AM »
Guess I'm the only one so far for "I have had Covid once and am fully vaxxed and boosted"
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 09:31:15 AM »
I got covid before the vaccine was available. Once it became available I got the vaccine. I got covid again around 8 months after.

Both times, I felt a little rundown like stronger then a cold, but weaker than the flu. 

Offline Mladen

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 09:35:05 AM »
I have had Covid once and am fully vaxxed and boosted. To be more specific, I got waxxed, then five months later caught covid, then three months later got boosted, and no covid since.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 09:42:02 AM »
Option #1 for me.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline emtee

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 09:44:07 AM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 09:45:30 AM »
I've had it twice.....once prior to being vaccinated.....once after.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 09:54:49 AM »
I voted "1", but I may be "3" as well.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 09:55:15 AM »
I have never had Covid to my knowledge but could have had an asymptomatic case.  I am vaxxed and boosted.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2022, 10:02:11 AM »
Tested positive once. 3 doses total.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2022, 10:03:54 AM »
#1 and will be getting the new booster soon.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2022, 10:05:06 AM »
Haven’t had it to my knowledge. Been pretty positive I had it a few times but both rapids and PCRs always came back negative.

Just got my 4th shot last Friday.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 11:39:05 AM »
I may have had it at one point but didn't test.  My kid got a positive test, but she was barely sick.  I tested at that time and was negative.

From another perspective, COVID has not had any significant impact on my life for the better part of the last year.  Other than in medical providers' offices, I have not worn a mask since the mandate went away last year.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 11:41:51 AM »
I have never had Covid to my knowledge but could have had an asymptomatic case.  I am vaxxed and boosted

That's me.  I've been exposed plenty, but have never tested positive.  Closest I came was when my daughter had Omicron in January.  I felt "off," but couldn't trigger a positive test.

Hot damn! I seriously thought I was the only one—everyone I know and work with, and I mean everyone, has had covid but me. But judging by this poll I am far from alone. Obviously, there's a DTforum correlation here ;D

Online Harmony

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 11:44:30 AM »

Hot damn! I seriously thought I was the only one—everyone I know and work with, and I mean everyone, has had covid but me. But judging by this poll I am far from alone. Obviously, there's a DTforum correlation here ;D

LoL - It appears so.

Obviously this isn't necessarily applicable to the population at large, but it is pretty damn interesting so far. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 12:27:03 PM »
Had covid once, am vaxxed and boosted.

I'm also shocked so many haven't had it yet.  My gf and her entire family have not had it yet and it amazes me as they are the only people in my social circle that haven't had it yet even with me exposing all of them to it when I had covid.  Makes me think there's something in their genes.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 12:33:03 PM »
Yeah it's weird, my entire family got it, my brother-in-law's entire family got it, my mother-in-law got it, however my father-in-law who we all interacted with when we got COVID was the only one who didn't get it. On my side of the family no one got it. It's just so weird at times.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2022, 12:33:22 PM »

I'm also shocked so many haven't had it yet.  My gf and her entire family have not had it yet and it amazes me as they are the only people in my social circle that haven't had it yet even with me exposing all of them to it when I had covid.  Makes me think there's something in their genes.

They could have had it, but were Asymptomatic. And if you're Asymptomatic, what would make one feel they need to get tested if they're not showing any signs that they are sick?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 12:38:23 PM »

They could have had it, but were Asymptomatic. And if you're Asymptomatic, what would make one feel they need to get tested if they're not showing any signs that they are sick?

Where are you getting that cram is suggesting that?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 12:40:02 PM »

That's why I said I might be #1 and #3.  I mean, I know I'm #1, but I travel the most out of all my immediate family (my brother is more exposed as a cop, and my step son is in the military) and I kind of didn't forego things like concerts when they were made available. I DID get vaccinated like day of, so I didn't f around there, but it is stunning to me that I didn't get it (though I can think of at least two occasions where for 24 hours or so I had what would be considered the symptoms of COVID; but even with testing it never popped positive). 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 12:47:08 PM »

Where are you getting that cram is suggesting that?

I was not asymptomatic.  I was sick when I woke up New Years day at my gf's family's house with all of them home who we celebrated the previous night with. 

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 12:51:25 PM »

My wife and my two daughters had if with mild symptoms, then two days later I got sick and I was as sick as I've never been in my life before. Was short of being sent to the hospital. But I never tested positive in that time. But what else could it have been, so I'm sure I had it.

Was around the time when the vaccine was made available in Germany. In fact my wife had had her first shot and mine was already scheduled.

Now I'm fully vaxxed and boosted and didn't have it again.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 12:51:37 PM »
Cram, it looks like Ben is asking you why your girlfriend's family would get tested when they showed no symptoms.  I don't think you were insinuating that. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 01:04:09 PM »
Cram, it looks like Ben is asking you why your girlfriend's family would get tested when they showed no symptoms.  I don't think you were insinuating that.

Oh, well they got tested because they were in close contact with me.  It's funny though, both my gf and her mother said they weren't feeling good but were totally fine once they got their negative test.  I think there's either some mental games played here or they did get an infection, enough to feel something off, but not strong enough to test positive.  Who knows.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 01:07:58 PM »

Oh, well they got tested because they were in close contact with me.  It's funny though, both my gf and her mother said they weren't feeling good but were totally fine once they got their negative test.  I think there's either some mental games played here or they did get an infection, enough to feel something off, but not strong enough to test positive.  Who knows.

I think there's something to that mental thing; I know I feel like I've experienced it. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 01:08:28 PM »
Definitely something to that mental thing. 

Offline T-ski

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 01:53:34 PM »
No doubt the mental aspect of it messes with you. I know when my wife and kid had it I was convinced any little tickle in my throat or cough I had ratcheted the anxiety level up more than a notch.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2022, 04:00:59 PM »
I have had Covid once and am not vaxxed

Was totally mild and could still mostly function.  Had flu's way worse than COVID.  Won't be getting vaxxed any time soon either.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2022, 05:01:36 PM »
I picked 3 only because I had a very strange bronchitis type illness in February 2020 and I never get bronchitis so I'm curious if it was a very early strain. Other than that I may be in between options 1 and 2 since I got the first two doses but didn't bother with the boosters.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2022, 05:43:42 PM »
Clearly I've now joined the 4th option.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2022, 05:48:20 PM »
I didn't vote because I don't exactly fit any of the options. I was fully vaxxed as soon as they were made available. I'm diabetic so I was able to cut in line as far as getting the shot from the get-go. However, I never got boosted.

I had covid in late January/early Feb. I felt absolutely horrible for four days then I was able to recover fairly quickly over the next couple of weeks.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2022, 07:05:39 PM »
had Covid once back in early july and was fully vaxxed and boosted at the time.