Author Topic: 2022 NFL Pick'em  (Read 4423 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
2022 NFL Pick'em
« on: September 04, 2022, 11:41:16 AM »
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Group ID# 33685
Pasword: BartoRules

As always, it's nice when people's pick names are identifiable. Also, don't be the guy that abandons his pick set just because he forgets a week and blows his chances.

2009 ScurvyDreams
2010 Pogoowner
2011 El Barto
2012 jcmistat
2013 Kevshmev
2014 El Barto
2015 Rattlehead
2016 Cool Chris
2017 Rattlehead
2018 El Barto
2019 El Barto
2020 El Barto
2021 Destiny of Chaos
2022 Dublagent66
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 10:43:39 AM by El Barto »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2022 NFL Pick'em
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 02:04:12 PM »
In.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 03:30:23 PM »
Alright, let's see how many weeks before I accidentally miss one and give up this year :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 07:05:28 PM »
In it to win it.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 11:25:21 PM »
Signed up hours ago as I was getting ready to go to a wedding. If I play my normal game, I will start strong and fade slowly and painfully as the season progresses.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 07:05:23 AM »
I don't think I have done this in a few years after being "that guy" who forgot about it after a few weeks  :facepalm:, but I am back in, and I bookmarked it and put it near the top, so I should be able to remember to do them every week.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 07:10:48 AM »
Signed up hours ago as I was getting ready to go to a wedding. If I play my normal game, I will start strong and fade slowly and painfully as the season progresses.

See, I'm the opposite; I start like ass then improve, but not nearly enough to make any difference. ;)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »
In
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 10:41:43 AM »
Got 2nd last year by very small margin.  The only way to improve on that, is to win. :dunno:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2022, 07:18:10 AM »
Target: Don't finish last

(have Yahoo changed the game slightly? It looks like they've decided to stop making my life easier by showing who's favoured to win each game)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2022, 08:05:28 AM »

(have Yahoo changed the game slightly? It looks like they've decided to stop making my life easier by showing who's favoured to win each game)
Odds favourite is still on the left, with the dog on the right. Pick distribution is still in a box on the right hand side. Group picks will still show odds. What seems to be missing?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline faizoff

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 04:26:02 AM »
In this time.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 05:28:15 AM »

Odds favourite is still on the left, with the dog on the right. Pick distribution is still in a box on the right hand side. Group picks will still show odds. What seems to be missing?

It's back to normal now. For some reason when I first signed up the pick distribution wasn't showing up.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2022, 12:40:53 PM »
The pick distribution just showed up for me yesterday.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline T-ski

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 03:12:33 PM »
Week 2 may be the hardest to decipher in quite some time. Lots of even matchups.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 03:40:01 PM »
I'm beginning to think I might actually do better just flipping a coin.  :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2022, 09:05:44 AM »
Went against the grain with Denver and Dallas and……boom, 1st place.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2022, 09:19:05 AM »
I pussied out on Dallas at the last minute. That never, ever goes well for me. Should have stuck with my gut on that one.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2022, 09:50:02 AM »
I pussied out on Dallas at the last minute. That never, ever goes well for me. Should have stuck with my gut on that one.

I thought about changing my pick, but I picked against them last week and lost.:facepalm:  You were right about that front 7, I just wasn't sure about the O-line.  For whatever reason, they played way better than expected.  Really wasn't sure how it would shake out at the end.  They kept the G-men in it for most of the game.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2022, 10:03:39 AM »

I thought about changing my pick, but I picked against them last week and lost.:facepalm:  You were right about that front 7, I just wasn't sure about the O-line.  For whatever reason, they played way better than expected.  Really wasn't sure how it would shake out at the end.  They kept the G-men in it for most of the game.
It was Gallup and Schultz that made me change my mind. I assumed that would turn it into a Zeek vs Saquan battle, and there's no way Zeek wins that one.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2022, 10:09:23 AM »

It was Gallup and Schultz that made me change my mind. I assumed that would turn it into a Zeek vs Saquan battle, and there's no way Zeek wins that one.

Well, that's cause Zeke isn't alone.  Him and Pollard are the smash bros on offense and Pollard is even more explosive than Zeke.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2022, 12:24:09 PM »

See, I'm the opposite; I start like ass then improve, but not nearly enough to make any difference. ;)

Well, like my picks, I blew that prediction. Just an awful start.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2022, 10:27:34 AM »
Can I say that, as a group, we are stinking up the joint!?!   :D  For my five years here, I've never seen anything this remotely bad.  Gawd, I'm glad I don't bet.  Can't imagine what I'd be do if dealing with a spread.

I'm 25-22-1 after three weeks, and only two games behind. 

Leaving home for ten days, so I've made my picks already for the next two weeks.

(watch me go 26-5 or something like that  :lol)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2022, 12:14:35 PM »
I'm pissed about that Dolphins/Bengals game. I'm using the Yahoo app, and misread who the "favorite" was and ended up with the 'phins.  I'm not in a position to be giving up points and I gave one up there. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2022, 02:16:52 PM »
Big thanks to the Jets for bailing me out of that stupid London game.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2022, 06:45:03 AM »
Is anyone having any problems determining the "Favorites" for each game?  I screwed up the Cincinnati game because of that, and now, on the App it shows LA as the favorite tonight, but everywhere else is showing SF.   Not that it's the only thing that matters, but it's an important fact or variable when assessing the game (for me).

Offline T-ski

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2022, 08:27:29 AM »
Can’t help you Stadler, never even consider the favorites, it’s all gut instinct for me.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2022, 09:00:59 AM »
Is anyone having any problems determining the "Favorites" for each game?  I screwed up the Cincinnati game because of that, and now, on the App it shows LA as the favorite tonight, but everywhere else is showing SF.   Not that it's the only thing that matters, but it's an important fact or variable when assessing the game (for me).

I don't use the app.  Just go straight into yahoo and add the bookmark to your home screen.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2022, 09:23:42 AM »
Note to self: if, during some future game, the Raiders are up 45-0 at halftime and the opposition have lost 75% of their playing staff to injury, still do NOT back Vegas to win. Even if the opposition are reduced to playing the lady who cuts the halftime oranges at quarterback...do NOT back the fucking Raiders.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2022, 09:35:16 AM »
I have no idea how I'm in the lead. I typically think my picks are shit.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2022, 10:09:34 AM »

True or False is much more forgiving than multiple choice. Can you imagine the dynamic if we included point spreads and O/U?  :dunno:

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2022, 10:21:27 AM »
Note to self: if, during some future game, the Raiders are up 45-0 at halftime and the opposition have lost 75% of their playing staff to injury, still do NOT back Vegas to win. Even if the opposition are reduced to playing the lady who cuts the halftime oranges at quarterback...do NOT back the fucking Raiders.

My abject dislike of Hoodie Jr. makes it easy for me to pick against them. Carr is a good QB and he just got a bum deal getting stuck with a guy who has proven he has no business being a head coach.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2022, 12:26:11 PM »

True or False is much more forgiving than multiple choice. Can you imagine the dynamic if we included point spreads and O/U?  :dunno:

Anyone else exasperated that it's almost impossible to find a good game summary these days that isn't about "the spread"?  I DON'T CARE that Belichick is 4-12 against the spread when a road underdog in the division.  WTF?  I want to know how Matthew Judon responds to the run.  How McCourty does against the RPO.   

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2022, 12:45:27 PM »

Anyone else exasperated that it's almost impossible to find a good game summary these days that isn't about "the spread"?  I DON'T CARE that Belichick is 4-12 against the spread when a road underdog in the division.  WTF?  I want to know how Matthew Judon responds to the run.  How McCourty does against the RPO.
Even the network talking heads are more about the spread than win/loss nowadays. It doesn't really effect me insofar as the picks go, but it does bug me as just another example of American capitalistic idiocy.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2022, 07:38:09 PM »
I tune out conversations that involve the spread, as I do not gamble. Much more annoying are discussions about which players people should start in their fantasy league.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'