Author Topic: Official Dream Theater studio albums countdown thread! (number 1 revealed!)  (Read 37456 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Official Dream Theater studio albums countdown thread! (#05 featured!!)
« Reply #700 on: October 03, 2022, 07:47:49 AM »
Oh yea, This is the Life is an awful song.

That's the only Mangini-era song that would make my DT Top 20.  You're just saying that to hurt me, I know.  :)

While I wasn't saying it to hurt you, I WILL add it to my list of ways to break you.  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline krands85

« Reply #701 on: October 03, 2022, 08:20:57 AM »
This is my number 3. A hugely important album for the band and I wasn't sure what to expect after MP left. Thankfully they hit it out of the park and delivered a great collection of songs - 7 of the 9 are great or better. I gree with the poster who mentioned the keyboards, I really lovely what Jordan does on this album. It's a pity the production isn't better, but thankfully I don't find it as distracting as the self-titled.

15. When Dream and Day Unite
14. Black Clouds and Silver Linings
13. Falling Into Infinity
11. Dream Theater
10. The Astonishing
9. Systematic Chaos
8. A View from the Top of the World
7. Distance Over Time
5. Octavarium
3. A Dramatic Turn of Events
2. Train of Thought

Breaking All Illusions is the album's masterpiece and still my favourite DT song since Octavarium, sitting 5th in my rankings. It was great to hear Myung's lyrical contribution again and the music is just fantastic, the song just has a wonderful vibe/feeling to it that I can't really describe, other than to say that at times it makes me feeling like I'm wandering through a mystical forest  :lol

Bridges in the Sky is my 2nd favourite on the album, such a powerful track and I still remember the goosebumps from the first time I heard the "Shaaaamaaaaan taaaaake myyyyy haaaaand!" part. Outcry is next and what can you say about that instrumental section? Sensational. OTBOA completes my big 4 on the album, a great way to start the Mangini era and I remember listening to it over and over again when it first came out. The only thing I wish they'd done would be to alter some of the repeated vocal melodies to mix it up a bit.

This is the Life and Lost Not Forgotten have always battled for my fifth spot, two very different songs, but equally enjoyable. The 'tickle section' especially always puts a smile on my face. Then there's Beneath the Surface, a beautiful way to close the album and a nice change up from having the most epic track ending things.

The only 2 tracks that feel a little weaker are BMU,BMD and FFH, but everything else more than makes up for them.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline T-ski

« Reply #702 on: October 03, 2022, 08:22:57 AM »

The return to the past you didn’t know you needed, but liked any way.

15. Astonishing
14. Systematic Chaos
13. View From the Top of the World
12. Falling Into Infinity
11. Train of Thought
10. Distance Over Time
9. When Dream and Day Unite
8. Dramatic Turn of Events
7. Black Clouds and Silver Linings
6. Dream Theater
5. Octavarium
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #703 on: October 03, 2022, 08:38:40 AM »
I believe ADTOE was my number one.

Offline Shalev Amir

• Shmoolikipod
« Reply #704 on: October 03, 2022, 08:40:22 AM »
ADTOE - #3
This is probably the DT album that grew on me the most since my first listen. One of those albums where I look at the tracklist and think "damn, that's a killer group of songs". Bridges in the Sky, Breaking All Illusions and Lost Not Forgotten are classics for me, but they're all great songs. Not the biggest fan of the two ballads at the end but they're good too.

Offline javidt

« Reply #705 on: October 03, 2022, 08:51:52 AM »
 ADTOE is a much needed reset after the last albums and Portnoy departure.

BAI was the best they'd written in years. I can listen the album without skipping any song.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #706 on: October 03, 2022, 09:18:44 AM »
I consider This Is The Life one of their finest written songs.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #707 on: October 03, 2022, 09:25:55 AM »
04. Octavarium
06. A View From The Top Of The World
07. A Dramatic Turn Of Events
08. Train Of Thought
09. Black Clouds & Silver Linings
10. Distance Over Time
11. Falling Into Infinity
12. Systematic Chaos
13. Dream Theater
14. When Dream And Day Unite
15. The Astonishing

If you had asked me several years ago, around DT12 or TA, I might have said ADTOE was a Top 5 DT album for me, but I have grown apart from it over the years. I still think it's a great album, definitely Top Half of their catalog, but just outside Top 5 range for me. It has some highlights, and I still love BAI, but the IAW comparisons loom over it, for better and worse.

At any rate, I'm surprised the overall rankings placed it so high! Looks like my placement is close to the average too, despite it finishing fifth.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

« Reply #708 on: October 03, 2022, 09:28:21 AM »
I consider This Is The Life one of their songs.

Couldn't agree more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #709 on: October 03, 2022, 09:53:53 AM »
I consider This Is The Life one of their finest written songs.

It's definitely up there Tim!  :tup

Getting caught up from the weekend.

15  When Dream and Day Unite
14  Dream Theater
13  The Astonishing
12  A View from the Top of the World
11  Distance over Time
10  Black Clouds and Silver Linings
  9  Systematic Chaos
  8  Falling into Infinity
  7  Octavarium
  6  Train of Thought
  5  A Dramatic Turn of Events
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 11:37:20 AM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pg1067

Re: Official Dream Theater studio albums countdown thread! (#06 featured!!)
« Reply #710 on: October 03, 2022, 10:54:51 AM »
Just listened to Sugar Mice.  It was fine.  The guy's got a nice voice.  I always meant to get into Marillion back when they opened for Rush, but I think the generally low quality of Rush's opening bands may have discouraged me.  As far as TSCO goes, it's my lowest ranked of the "real" songs on SFAM (i.e., excluding Regression and Through My Words).

It’s just important to understanding that Surrounded ‘07 is not necessarily “nonsense”. It’s very similar to what DT did with Peruvian Skies (infusing elements of Have a Cigar and Enter Sandman)

Not sure whom you're quoting here, but I've never heard Peruvian Skies live and I don't know what Have a Cigar is (and I generally think Sandman sucks).

The live version from Once in a Livetime contains a brief nod to Have a Cigar by Pink Floyd (you’ve seriously never heard that???) and ends by morphing that ending heavy riff into Enter Sandman.

Personally, I like that version better than the studio version, and that track is one of the few saving graces on an otherwise very underwhelming live album.

I think OIALT is a well below average album, and I don't like Peruvian Skies.  I listened to OIALT after I bought it, so I'm sure I've heard this, but probably not within the last two decades.  I would certainly have recognized Sandman, but it's not something that would have stuck with me.  As far as Floyd, I don't like them either.  I quickly checked their albums starting with Dark Side, and I can identify no more than six songs that I for sure know.  Have a Cigar is not one of them.

I'm generally a BIG fan of "inspiration corner".  There's enough unique in the Dream Theater catalogue, and I'm a big enough music fan, so that when there are references and allusions in the music, I dig that.  The live "Surrounded" from CiM is perfect for that; DT? Marillion? Pink Floyd? WINNER!  (I've long thought the "Marillion/Genesis" connection wasn't actually as strong as the "Marillion/Pink Floyd" connection). 

This album is the flip side of that.  I love love love Iron Maiden, and dig Metallica, but the other, heavier metal influences on Dream Theater - Opeth, et al - are lost on me.  They do nothing for me, frankly, and this is the album that most (imo) reflects that. I like the album when I listen to it, but it's not an album that I go back to often, since there are others that are so much better (this is not in that middle pack that can be interchanged).

I hear what you're saying. I don't mind the intro to Surrounded '07, but the whole Daddy took a raincheck can go fuck itself. OK, that's a bit strong.

Huh?

Also, I don't get the love for "Surrounded '07."  They basically took a near perfect, concise song and turned it into a pointlessly extended wankfest with some weird lyrics at the end.

Yeah, I don't understand this; "weird lyrics"?  They are quoting probably the second-most famous song from the Fish-era of Marillion.  The solo is intriguing too, since they started with the Pink Floyd song "Mother", and the "weird lyrics" only serve to highlight that the solo in Sugar Mice is very clearly an homage to "Mother".   I love how DT was able to tie all that together in one nice little package.  That's very much my favorite song from that entire set.

"Daddy took a raincheck"?  Yeah...weird.  What the heck does that have to do with "tonight I'll still be lying there surrounded in all the light"?  Not sure what "fish-era" means (did they write songs about fish?), but I couldn't have named a single Marillion song before this discussion started, and a Marillion song that I'd never heard of paying homage to a Floyd song that I barely know (just the guy screaming "mother") is of no significance to me.  In any event, and regardless of how many other bands they were quoting/paying homage to, I think all the extended wankery in Surrounded '07 ruins a great song.

Anyway...

05. A Dramatic Turn of Events

Number 1 finishes: 1
Last place finishes: 0
Average finish: 7.1

My rankings:

5. Octavarium
6. Train of Thought
7. Dream Theater
8. A Dramatic Turn of Events
9. When Dream and Day Unite
10. Black Clouds & Silver Linings
11. Distance over Time
12. Falling Into Infinity
13. A View from the Top of the World
14. Systematic Chaos
15. The Astonishing

This was a great rebound in the wake of two really subpar albums.  Bridges, Outcry and BAI are among the band's very best songs.  OTBOA is quite strong, and BTS is really good ballad.  Unfortunately, the rest of the album suffers in comparison.  LNF isn't nearly on the same level as the other three longer songs.  BMUBMD is solid live, but I really don't care to listen to it much, and TITL and FFH are both just meh.  All in all, an overall solid album.

By the way, while I immediately noticed the structural similarities between BAI and Learning to Live, and while I can see some similarity between OTBOA and PMU, I've never really noticed the other purported similarities (and I've never read what's-his-name's dissertation on the subject.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #711 on: October 03, 2022, 10:57:21 AM »
A Dramatic Turn Of Events #6

Never had a problem with the sound…just tweak my equalizer a bit. I’ll skip over ‘Lost Not Forgotten’ and ‘Outcry’ would have been the perfect long song on TA. ‘Breaking All Illusions’ was/is Top Five in the countdown. All the rest are top notch, and I even like BMUBMD
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: October 03, 2022, 11:25:30 AM »
The impressions I'm getting is that Adami doesn't like uplifting lyrics, and pg1067 must have lived a very different life from me.  I know so much Pink Floyd just from cultural ozmosis (I own none of their albums).  Similarly, I feel like I know a lot about Marillion just from being involved in DT fandom, even before ever hearing a note of their music.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Official Dream Theater studio albums countdown thread! (#06 featured!!)
« Reply #713 on: October 03, 2022, 11:43:42 AM »

"Daddy took a raincheck"?  Yeah...weird.  What the heck does that have to do with "tonight I'll still be lying there surrounded in all the light"?  Not sure what "fish-era" means (did they write songs about fish?), but I couldn't have named a single Marillion song before this discussion started, and a Marillion song that I'd never heard of paying homage to a Floyd song that I barely know (just the guy screaming "mother") is of no significance to me.  In any event, and regardless of how many other bands they were quoting/paying homage to, I think all the extended wankery in Surrounded '07 ruins a great song.

Anyway...

C'mon, man.  Anyone else and I'd let this go as "tastes" and "to each their own".  But you're one of the most informed people I know - seriously - and whether you like something or not, you've shown a history of being aware, and as someone who is a musician, you've always shown a respect for music regardless of whether it's "yours".  Marillion's original singer was named "Fish" for god's sake, and has had a 35 year career under that moniker.   The reference to "Mother" is a well-known song - one might even argue, the lynch-pin song -  off of what many consider to be one of the greatest concept albums of all time, "The Wall". 

What are you going to do when you make Jeopardy and they give you the answer, under the heading "Parents", "In this song, the cornerstone of the epic concept album "The Wall", this parental figure in fact offers to help build the titular wall."?

:) :) :)

Offline Animal

« Reply #714 on: October 03, 2022, 12:04:40 PM »
I had this at #6 and now some two weeks after compiling my list, I feel I should have ranked it even higher so this album placing at #5 feels right. Just yesterday, I was starting to suspect the people here were not of as sound a judgement as I had thought  (having ranked Octavarium way too high and ToT way too low) but today, I am back to thinking that you are all people of impeccable taste. A Dramatic Turn of Events is a great album fully deserving this spot.

As for the production, I guess that in a way, it is like lyrics. For some, bad lyrics don't spoil the enjoyment of the music, or do it to only insignificant extent - for some they can be detrimental. The same with production. I can mostly ignore less than stellar production (unless it is really bad - like Opeth's Morningrise level of bad).

Offline pg1067

« Reply #715 on: October 03, 2022, 12:06:45 PM »
C'mon, man.  [That's not how it is].

As I mentioned in response to Ben, there are only about a half dozen Floyd songs that I can say with certainty I've heard.  Mother is, in fact, one of them, but I really only know the part where the guy screams "mother!"

As for Marillion...I'm sorry you're apparently offended, but I'm not at all familiar with them.  The lead singer used the stage name "Fish"?  News to me.

What are you going to do when you make Jeopardy and they give you the answer, under the heading "Parents", "In this song, the cornerstone of the epic concept album "The Wall", this parental figure in fact offers to help build the titular wall."?

Hard to say now that I know the correct response, but I'm guessing that, previously, I wouldn't have buzzed in.  If you asked me what was "the cornerstone of [The Wall]," I probably would have answered "Another Brick in the Wall."

By the way, I also couldn't name for you a single Neil Morse song (and I really only know who he is because he's mentioned on DTF (and before that the MP forums) so much) or a Muse song (except for the one that someone here recently said was the inspiration for These Walls, which I think is Stockholm Syndrome).  It seems to me that a lot of DT fans have explored DTs influences, but that's not me.

If I make it on Jeopardy and get categories like 21st Century Pop Music, I'll be screwed (although that's probably something I'd study up on in preparation for the show).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #716 on: October 03, 2022, 01:11:48 PM »

As I mentioned in response to Ben, there are only about a half dozen Floyd songs that I can say with certainty I've heard.  Mother is, in fact, one of them, but I really only know the part where the guy screams "mother!"
That's Danzig's "Mother", not Pink Floyd's "Mother".

Stadler, FWIW, I don't like that version of Surrounded either.  I get that it might be great for fans of Marillion, but I'm not one, so that part sticks out like a sore thumb.  I love the Mother solo, but it can't save the Marilion part.

Octavarium is ranked too high.  The title track is incredible, but the rest of the album pretty forgettable, with TALW being actually awful.

A Dramatic Turn of Events is fantastic.  I have pretty good ears, but I'm glad they aren't apparently as good as some of you, because the mix doesn't bother me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #717 on: October 03, 2022, 01:23:01 PM »

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT! I didn’t say anything at first because he was starting to sound like Tim and I didn’t want to pile on.  But I kept wondering what the heck he was talking about.   :rollin :rollin :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #718 on: October 03, 2022, 01:31:32 PM »
I resemble that remark.  :lol :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #719 on: October 03, 2022, 01:33:42 PM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #720 on: October 03, 2022, 01:48:31 PM »

As for Marillion...I'm sorry you're apparently offended, but I'm not at all familiar with them.  The lead singer used the stage name "Fish"?  News to me.

Not at all offended; I'm largely kidding around with you, but I was serious about the "knowledge" part. 

Hard to say now that I know the correct response, but I'm guessing that, previously, I wouldn't have buzzed in.  If you asked me what was "the cornerstone of [The Wall]," I probably would have answered "Another Brick in the Wall."

By the way, I also couldn't name for you a single Neil Morse song (and I really only know who he is because he's mentioned on DTF (and before that the MP forums) so much) or a Muse song (except for the one that someone here recently said was the inspiration for These Walls, which I think is Stockholm Syndrome).  It seems to me that a lot of DT fans have explored DTs influences, but that's not me.

If I make it on Jeopardy and get categories like 21st Century Pop Music, I'll be screwed (although that's probably something I'd study up on in preparation for the show).

TAC and I will get you ready on current events!  :) :) :)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #721 on: October 03, 2022, 01:49:32 PM »

Stadler, FWIW, I don't like that version of Surrounded either.  I get that it might be great for fans of Marillion, but I'm not one, so that part sticks out like a sore thumb.  I love the Mother solo, but it can't save the Marilion part.

Octavarium is ranked too high.  The title track is incredible, but the rest of the album pretty forgettable, with TALW being actually awful.

A Dramatic Turn of Events is fantastic.  I have pretty good ears, but I'm glad they aren't apparently as good as some of you, because the mix doesn't bother me.

That's fine; tastes.  I was really just busting PG's balls about not knowing.  It's all in fun; there's not a minute of sleep being lost here over this.

On a tangential note, the Danzig version is a running joke between my friend Jim and I; he just sent me over the weekend a picture of his car radio with "Mother" by Danzig playing on Ozzy's Boneyard.  Then he sent me a video of Danzig being knocked out by a promoter.  :) :) :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #722 on: October 03, 2022, 01:53:16 PM »

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT! I didn’t say anything at first because he was starting to sound like Tim and I didn’t want to pile on.  But I kept wondering what the heck he was talking about.   :rollin :rollin :rollin

LOL!  I just took a quick pass through Floyd's "Mother."  Haven't heard that before, so I guess I was confusing it with that awful Danzig song.   :lol :lol

I'm largely kidding around with you....

TAC and I will get you ready on current events!  :) :) :)

Understood, and ummm...thanks?   :biggrin:

P.S. Here's a comprehensive list of Floyd songs I've heard (AFAIK):  Money, Welcome to the Machine, Wish You Were Here, Another Brick in the Wall (not sure which part, but it's the one with the kids who "don't need no education"), Mother, Learning to Fly (maybe one more..?).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:01:17 PM by pg1067 »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #723 on: October 03, 2022, 02:01:59 PM »
For the record, I would never ever want to bang heads with my mother.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #724 on: October 03, 2022, 02:02:30 PM »
1-
2-
3-
4-
5- The Astonishing
6- Falling into Infinity
7- A View from the Top of the World
8- When Dream and Day Unite
9- Octavarium
10- Train of Thought
11- A Dramatic Turn of Events
12- Systematic Chaos
13- Distance over Time
14- Dream Theater
15- Black Clouds and Silver Linings

A great start with Mangini. I love ADTOE and today it still gives me a great run. BUT... A big but is coming. The production kills everything. Songs, lyrics, James... everything is on point but production is their worst (don't count WDADU). Anyway, aside from the production I enjoy everything about. A great answer from DT to who says that can't be good without MP.

Favourites
1- Outcry
2- Breaking All Illusions
3- Bridges In The Sky
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #725 on: October 03, 2022, 02:06:50 PM »
Still trying to wrap my head around any music fan over 30 (much less a prog rock fan) that has never heard Dark Side of the Moon from start to finish.

That’s literally like never having seen Star Wars.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #726 on: October 03, 2022, 02:17:22 PM »
5   Falling into Infinity
6   Systematic Chaos
7   A Dramatic Turn of Events
8   Train of Thought
9   A View from the Top of the World
10   The Astonishing
11   Octavarium
12   When Dream and Day Unite
13   Distance over Time
14   Dream Theater
15   Black Clouds and Silver Linings

---

What a surprise, I got the entire top 4 right :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Adami

« Reply #727 on: October 03, 2022, 02:19:29 PM »
Still trying to wrap my head around any music fan over 30 (much less a prog rock fan) that has never heard Dark Side of the Moon from start to finish.

That would be me. Never listened to it. No strong desire to .

But instead of trying to wrap your head around me...try wrapping your arms around me big guy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #728 on: October 03, 2022, 02:29:50 PM »

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jammindude

« Reply #729 on: October 03, 2022, 02:41:42 PM »

But instead of trying to wrap your head around me...try wrapping your arms around me big guy.

Can we slow dance to Dark Side of the Moon? :lol

Offline The Realm

« Reply #730 on: October 03, 2022, 02:47:00 PM »
A Dramatic Turn of Events - number 8 for me. A good album, not a huge fan of the sound. It's been a long time since I have listened to the whole album front to back and not sure I ever will again but I do listen to a track here and there.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #731 on: October 03, 2022, 03:07:52 PM »

What would be great is if Pink Floyd had an album that was a collection of great dance songs.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jammindude

« Reply #732 on: October 03, 2022, 03:12:21 PM »

What would be great is if Pink Floyd had an album that was a collection of great dance songs.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online Adami

« Reply #733 on: October 03, 2022, 03:43:09 PM »

:hat
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #734 on: October 03, 2022, 03:43:31 PM »
I miss a couple days during the week and the weekend, and I'm SO far behind.

So here are some random thoughts:

Octavarium - I had this at #12. The concept was a good idea, but Dream Theater had really gotten to the point where they were blatantly emulating bands at this point. I mean, the whole closing section of the title track rips off Kansas! Like literally the same thing! It was really disheartening to me, personally.

DoT - I actually put this at #4, but really, it's probably #5, behind FII. I liked this album a lot. I hated the album cover, but the record was great. I felt like the songs were really strong, and there was less of an emphasis on noodling around. In retrospect, I'd probably drop it another spot to 6, but it's full of great tunes. Pale Blue Dot, S2N, At Wit's End...all great stuff.

AVFTTOTW - this came in at 8 for me personally. I think it's an average DT album with a really interesting and cool title track.

ADTOE - this hit #10 on my list. I've never really been impressed with this album, except it was by far and away better than the last one with Portnoy.

ToT - #7 on my list. Ask me 15 years ago, I'd say this was way worse. But it grew on me. I still think some songs are ruined by the "Metropolis effect," namely, "Endless Sacrifice," but I've always loved In the Name of God, Stream of Consciousness and As I Am. Those three tracks moved it up.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!