Author Topic: TAYLOR HAWKINS concert tribute - streaming now, link inside  (Read 3032 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: TAYLOR HAWKINS concert tribute - streaming now, link inside
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2022, 01:52:22 PM »
I don’t know - maybe Geddy, Alex and Dave Grohl should do a project together. Not as Rush (he’s not replacing NP), but something totally different.  It would probably be good for all 3 of them - and they seem to have great energy and chemistry together. And if they did decide to tour, just think about how much interest there would be for that, would be a big money maker for them for sure. Kind of makes sense to me.

Alex Lifeson has made it pretty clear that he has no interest in touring ever again.  One-offs like yesterday, sure, but touring of any kind, he has flat-out said he is not interested, not at his age.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2022, 01:58:11 PM »
I don’t know - maybe Geddy, Alex and Dave Grohl should do a project together. Not as Rush (he’s not replacing NP), but something totally different.  It would probably be good for all 3 of them - and they seem to have great energy and chemistry together. And if they did decide to tour, just think about how much interest there would be for that, would be a big money maker for them for sure. Kind of makes sense to me.

Alex Lifeson has made it pretty clear that he has no interest in touring ever again.  One-offs like yesterday, sure, but touring of any kind, he has flat-out said he is not interested, not at his age.

I thought there were conflicting reports about Alex on this but maybe I’m wrong.   I do recall after the last tour something to that effect, he was struggling with arthritis maybe? But later I thought he said it was fine but again I could be misremembering. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2022, 02:02:44 PM »
He was quoted in an interview from maybe a year or so ago as saying he has no interest in touring again.  He said that the idea of going from city to city and staying in a different hotel every night just doesn't interest him anymore.  The guy just turned 69.  He has earned the right to take it easy.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2022, 02:04:14 PM »
Let the guy relax and drink his wine, he’s earned it.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2022, 06:52:26 PM »
Caught My Hero with his kid on the drums and almost cried. Something about it was just terribly moving. That kid destroyed it.
I wonder if he intentionally sat in on "My Hero", the song Dave wrote about his own dad.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2022, 07:51:36 AM »

My friend Jim was sending me the play-by-play for this; I didn't watch it.  I just don't have the Dave Grohl gene.  He's Phil Collins from '86, without the j'nai said quoi, or the weight of his original band (Nirvana is no Genesis).  I have no interest in Lee/Lifeson/Grohl (now, PORTNOY, that's another story).  Cool to hear about the kid(s).  I sort of wish I saw the Wolfie set (I will eventually).   

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2022, 08:21:11 AM »
My wife and I watched the whole thing over two days.

It was a beautiful tribute. Sure, there were some cringe moments where performances didn't go as planned. But the highlights were outstanding. We enjoyed it. It was a tad long (5.5 hours is a long gig), but glad we watched it all.

It's amazing thought - Freddie Mercury got a tribute show in the same arena...and this one was bigger. Taylor Hawkins, someone who never really moved the needle like Mercury, Eddie Van Halen, Hendrix, etc., was so loved and admired that it brought out the stars it did. Says something about how highly regarded he was as a person.

I'm not really a big Foo Fighters fan (I like them, have seen them once, but not a huge fan), but you can't deny how widely popular they are. I mean...Sir Paul for goodness sakes. That was a little rough, but awesome to see "Oh! Darling" make its live debut after 54 years. Crazy.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2022, 08:38:48 AM »
Caught My Hero with his kid on the drums and almost cried. Something about it was just terribly moving. That kid destroyed it.
I wonder if he intentionally sat in on "My Hero", the song Dave wrote about his own dad.

I thought My Hero was about Kurt Cobain?

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2022, 09:27:56 AM »
Someone should have asked Wolfgang when they are planning to do the Eddie Van Halen Tribute Concert...
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2022, 09:42:48 AM »
Someone should have asked Wolfgang when they are planning to do the Eddie Van Halen Tribute Concert...

He's already spoke out in that.  One person is holding that up.  he won't name names but we all know who it is.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2022, 09:45:06 AM »

He's already spoke out in that.  One person is holding that up.  he won't name names but we all know who it is.

Eddie Trunk.  ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2022, 09:50:54 AM »

Eddie Trunk.  ;)

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lethean

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2022, 10:00:58 AM »
My wife and I watched the whole thing over two days.

It was a beautiful tribute. Sure, there were some cringe moments where performances didn't go as planned. But the highlights were outstanding. We enjoyed it. It was a tad long (5.5 hours is a long gig), but glad we watched it all.

It's amazing thought - Freddie Mercury got a tribute show in the same arena...and this one was bigger. Taylor Hawkins, someone who never really moved the needle like Mercury, Eddie Van Halen, Hendrix, etc., was so loved and admired that it brought out the stars it did. Says something about how highly regarded he was as a person.

I'm not really a big Foo Fighters fan (I like them, have seen them once, but not a huge fan), but you can't deny how widely popular they are. I mean...Sir Paul for goodness sakes. That was a little rough, but awesome to see "Oh! Darling" make its live debut after 54 years. Crazy.

I haven't watched all of it yet, but did see the majority of it and agree with you that it was great tribute.  I've never been a fan either - I like a couple songs, dislike a couple, and generally don't pay much attention to them.  But I felt really sad that Taylor was gone; I don't know what he was really like but he seemed like a nice guy and certainly as you said, was loved by so many.  It's nice everyone was able to say goodbye in that way.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2022, 11:18:21 AM »

And that man probably will be Dave Grohl and I'm sure if Dave Grohl knows what the issue is happening regarding it, he will work his magic Rock Jesus powers and get everyone on the same page and then it will be a go.  That's a nice storyboard to work with.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2022, 11:21:36 AM »
I'm hoping the Los Angeles version of this in a few weeks provides that VH closure. Wolf is on the roster for that, and given the surprise guests this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Alex Van Halen showed up to do a couple of Sammy-era classics to send off Taylor and to honor VH. It's in the proper city for it...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Kram

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2022, 02:21:57 PM »
I'm hoping the Los Angeles version of this in a few weeks provides that VH closure. Wolf is on the roster for that, and given the surprise guests this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Alex Van Halen showed up to do a couple of Sammy-era classics to send off Taylor and to honor VH. It's in the proper city for it...
That would be cool!

Offline Kram

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2022, 02:26:13 PM »

My friend Jim was sending me the play-by-play for this; I didn't watch it.  I just don't have the Dave Grohl gene.  He's Phil Collins from '86, without the j'nai said quoi, or the weight of his original band (Nirvana is no Genesis).  I have no interest in Lee/Lifeson/Grohl (now, PORTNOY, that's another story).  Cool to hear about the kid(s).  I sort of wish I saw the Wolfie set (I will eventually).
Musically speaking, I would much prefer MP as well.  I'm just saying Geddy and Alex seem pretty close to Grohl, so I can kinda see it happening - but what do I know lol..

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2022, 06:44:37 PM »

I thought My Hero was about Kurt Cobain?
It actually wasn't written about anyone in particular. Just a tribute to everyday ordinary heroes.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2022, 08:22:28 PM »
Bottom line, his son crushed it during that performance.  Pretty cool to watch.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2022, 11:57:50 PM »
Is there any way to watch it again on a Youtube link? I missed the last part when it streamed, and MTV took the link down pretty fast afterwards. I don't want audience recordings though.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2022, 11:55:47 AM »
Is there any way to watch it again on a Youtube link? I missed the last part when it streamed, and MTV took the link down pretty fast afterwards. I don't want audience recordings though.

I think it was taken down, as it will be release later in BR.
Your best bet is a torrent site.  :omg:

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2022, 12:00:59 PM »
They have it on Paramount+ app. You can do a 7-day free trial and just cancel it once you are done watching.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2022, 12:09:04 PM »
They have it on Paramount+ app. You can do a 7-day free trial and just cancel it once you are done watching.

There you go!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2022, 12:46:05 PM »
Thank you!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2022, 01:12:10 PM »
So this Tuesday 27 September the second tribute show will take place in Los Angeles.

This is the full official line up:

Sebastian Bach
Travis Barker (Blink-182, etc.)
Tommy Brenneck (Menahan Street Band, Budos Band)
Geezer Butler (ex-Black Sabbath)
Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam)
Danny Carey (Tool, etc.)
Chris Chaney (Jane’s Addiction, Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders)
Chevy Metal
Phil Collen (Def Leppard)
Stewart Copeland (ex-The Police)
Miley Cyrus
Jon “Juano” Davison (Yes)
Elliot Easton (The Cars)
Joe Elliot (Def Leppard)
Josh Freese (The Vandals, Devo, etc.)
Violet Grohl
Omar Hakim
Justin Hawkins (The Darkness)
Shane Hawkins
Joshua Homme (Queens Of The Stone Age)
James Gang
Joan Jett
Alain Johannes
John Paul Jones (ex-Led Zeppelin, Them Crooked Vultures)
Kesha
Mark King (Level 42)
Greg Kurstin
Geddy Lee (ex-Rush)
Tommy Lee (Mötley Crüe)
Alex Lifeson (ex-Rush)
Brian May (Queen)
Taylor Momsen (The Pretty Reckless)
Alanis Morissette
Krist Novoselic (ex-Nirvana, etc.)
P!nk
Mark Ronson
Rick Savage (Def Leppard)
Nikki Sixx (Mötley Crüe)
Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Luke Spiller (The Struts)
Roger Taylor (Queen)
Rufus Taylor (The Darkness/Queen)
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)
Jon Theodore (Queens Of The Stone Age)
Lars Ulrich (Metallica)
Wolfgang Van Halen
Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine)
Nancy Wilson (Heart, etc.)
Pat Wilson (Weezer)
Nate Wood (Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders, etc.)
Andrew Wyatt

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2022, 07:36:22 AM »
Killer lineup, I watched through the entire first show, I'm hoping they stream this one as well.

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2022, 08:24:18 AM »
I'm hoping they stream this one as well.

Have seen confirmation that they will not be live-streaming it like the first show, but it will be made available later.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2022, 05:21:28 PM »
Tonight at the Forum!  Feel incredibly lucky to be able to attend this, and beyond loving the Foos/Taylor I am so excited to see Geddy and Alex on stage again. 

Hopefully I can get some good photos to share  :tup

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2022, 10:46:30 AM »
Looking at the setlist for the Inglewood show.  I think, on paper, it looks all right.

I liked that the show set itself different from the Wembley show by incorporating Motley Crue, Def Leppard, and Joan Jett songs (which is funny since those guys played the stadium next door a month ago).  Having Soundgarden in the fold is also excellent as well and Foo Fighters varied their hits for this one.  Plus, for the Rush spot, they got Chad Smith and Danny Carey playing drums (which I'm sure they had in their dreams, visions of playing drums behind Geddy and Alex).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 10:51:44 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2022, 09:54:48 AM »
Saw the vid of Wolfie playing Panama.   Fun to watch.  I know the famous story of Ted Nugent playing Eddie's rig and sounding like... Ted Nugent, while Ed played Ted's rig and sounded like... Ed, but even though it's live (and so hard to hear at times) it feels like Wolf has that Eddie touch and that sort of peculiar Eddie rhythm that so few guitar players actually nail.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2022, 09:25:35 PM »
Interesting difference having Neil's friends' (Chad Smith and Danny Carey) play with Alex and Geddy this time. May be the last time we see those two guys on the same stage for a while.