Author Topic: If there's one household chore you never had to do again  (Read 5322 times)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
Re: If there's one household chore you never had to do again
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2022, 10:13:51 PM »
Litter boxes. I would rather have my peen sounded with a stick, than do litter. Ever. And I've never had my peen sounded at all; but that would be more fun for me than litter.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2022, 08:20:08 AM »
Are you all doing a different kind of litter box clean up than I am? I use a little shovel and move things into a bag. I tie up the bag and throw it away. It's barely an inconvenience.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online dparrott

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2022, 04:36:11 PM »
Washing the car.  So pointless, I'll gladly pay to have it done once in a while.

I do mine at the drive thru gas station washes.  Good enough.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2022, 04:42:32 PM »
Washing the car.  So pointless, I'll gladly pay to have it done once in a while.

I have literally never washed my car, unless a seagull shits on it. That’s what rain is for.

I don’t feel bad for anyone having to clean a litter box, guys. Cats suck. They’d fucking kill you if they thought they could.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2022, 07:31:03 PM »
Are you all doing a different kind of litter box clean up than I am? I use a little shovel and move things into a bag. I tie up the bag and throw it away. It's barely an inconvenience.

I was hesitant to type something like this, but I was never bothered by cleaning my cat's box.

Also, I enjoy cleaning my car. But car maintenance was instilled in me by my dad at an early age.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2022, 06:16:17 AM »

I have literally never washed my car, unless a seagull shits on it. That’s what rain is for.

I don’t feel bad for anyone having to clean a litter box, guys. Cats suck. They’d fucking kill you if they thought they could.

Oh, it's not whether they "thought" they could; you ever look deep in a cat's eyes?  They think it, mofo, for sure. It's the not having opposable thumbs that keeps cat deaths from being higher than they are. 

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2022, 07:36:49 AM »
Really?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2022, 10:11:45 AM »

:lol  You kill me Tim.  You really do. :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2022, 10:22:54 AM »

My cats have a message for you: “Cats rule, TAC drools. Hissssss”  ;)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2022, 10:48:57 AM »
Really?

I'm the opposite, I actually really enjoy cleaning my car but I've always been a car guy and I just bought a really nice car so it feels good opening my garage and seeing my car all shiny.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2022, 11:52:28 AM »

Yeah, as they strap on a bib and sharpen the steak knives. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2022, 11:55:15 AM »
Really?

Oh, absolutely. I have literally never applied wax to a car. I'm not a car guy.

In the winter when I'm at a gas station, I'll use the windshield washer thingy to wipe off the salt on my doors and fenders, but that's about it.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2022, 01:30:08 PM »

Yeah, as they strap on a bib and sharpen the steak knives. ;D

:o

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2022, 05:52:41 PM »
Really?

In the winter when I'm at a gas station, I'll use the windshield washer thingy to wipe off the salt on my doors and fenders, but that's about it.

This is mostly me, although I will occasionally give the car a good wash.  I am not a car guy by any stretch of the imagination, so as long as it looks pretty good, has a good stereo and doesn't break down, I am good with it.

On a related note, about three years ago at work, one lady parked in her usual spot under a tree, and when she went out at lunch, it looked like about 200 birds had all taken a shit on it all at once.  It was epic.  :lol :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2022, 07:46:56 PM »
Really?

Same.  I wash it, but like once a year but that's the same after there's heaps of bird shit.  If I want to splurge and am feeling lazy, I'll spend $10 at the car wash.  Cleans it good enough for me.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline JLa

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2022, 02:59:43 AM »
It's the everyday tasks that kills me. Doing laundry is the worst. Sorting, stuffing, washing, drying, folding, tidying, over and over and over and ...

If I was a trilliobillionaire I'd just throw my clothes away and get new ones every day! Bad for the environment, true, but would feel soooo gooood never having to do laundry again!!!