Author Topic: If there's one household chore you never had to do again  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Skeever

Re: If there's one household chore you never had to do again
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2022, 02:01:03 PM »
Mowing and edging. Unfortunately I hate it so much and it sap so much energy that I barely ever get into any other fun Landscaping that I'd like to do. And I've got too much pride to pay for it at least at this point

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2022, 02:05:32 PM »
Also, and I'm sure everyone will agree on this one, fuck moving.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2022, 02:25:25 PM »
Mowing and edging. Unfortunately I hate it so much and it sap so much energy that I barely ever get into any other fun Landscaping that I'd like to do. And I've got too much pride to pay for it at least at this point

I finally gave in. This was the first summer that I did not cut my lawn...once!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2022, 02:26:21 PM »
Came to post mowing the lawn, fucking despise it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2022, 02:27:06 PM »

I finally gave in. This was the first summer that I did not cut my lawn...once!

Woah!  You're my hero Tim, outstanding. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2022, 07:09:12 AM »

Yeah, that's a good one.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2022, 11:10:31 AM »
Cleaning the bathroom

This. It’s a shitty job.

This is the worst.  I live alone and absolutely can't stand house work of any kind.  If I don't get to the bathroom soon, I'll have to call in a haz-mat team! :facepalm:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pg1067

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2022, 11:22:45 AM »
I LOLed.

What's up with people hating laundry? That's the last chore I'd give up doing in my house.

I don't mind laundry, but folding it is a pain in the ass if I leave it (which occasionally happens).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2022, 11:51:32 AM »
We vacuum once in a blue moon, but we don't have a robot vac. I guess we're stupid.

Also, all the corners/edges that are so nice when you move in and then eventually dust settles in places you can't really reach and everything looks grimy all the time. Can I just nuke those?

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2022, 12:25:44 PM »
Fixing holes in walls.  I suck at it.  It never looks good.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2022, 12:26:19 PM »
Fall cleanup and the spring maintenance that comes as a result. It's like an 8 Saturday ordeal.

I had all of Saturday morning free and did about 4 hours in the yard, clearing brush, weeding, and whatnot. I'm covered head to toe in poison sumac  :tdwn It's everywhere, even on my eyelids. I'm miserabllleee!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2022, 01:15:42 PM »
Fall cleanup and the spring maintenance that comes as a result. It's like an 8 Saturday ordeal.

I had all of Saturday morning free and did about 4 hours in the yard, clearing brush, weeding, and whatnot. I'm covered head to toe in poison sumac  :tdwn It's everywhere, even on my eyelids. I'm miserabllleee!!!

Dude, everyone in my family laughs at me, but I cut the lawn in a long sleeve shirt, gloves, my old baseball pants (white with blue stripes) and socks and shoes.  I also have an app on my phone that identifies plants in real time.  I'm taking NO CHANCES.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2022, 02:13:25 PM »
Dusting and putting laundry away. I hate washing dishes by hand too.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2022, 05:05:58 PM »

Shit - that fucking blows.  Hopefully you've contacted your primary doctor for some prednisone?  Especially with it being so close to your eyes and all.

Hope you feel better soon.  :heart
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2022, 05:40:06 AM »
I was going to come in and say mowing the lawn but honestly that's like twice a week for 6 months a year. I think I have to agree with Skeever on the dusting. I actually enjoy doing the dishes, it's only my wife and I so it's rarely a lot unless she is doing a lot of baking. As for laundry I don't mind either, with the exception of underwear and workout clothes I iron all my clothes.

I didn't really think of this but I loathe moving. When we moved out of our 2 bedroom apartment to our house we (we as in my now wife) had an unbelievable amount of shit.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2022, 05:53:06 AM »
I don't mind doing the dishes (never had a dish washer). I find it quite therapeutic, put on some music in my headphones and just scrub away. And I like having a clean kitchen sink at all times.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2022, 06:05:20 AM »
I don't mind doing the dishes (never had a dish washer). I find it quite therapeutic, put on some music in my headphones and just scrub away. And I like having a clean kitchen sink at all times.

I agree with you on the clean sink, just makes the whole kitchen feel better.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2022, 08:52:10 AM »
Did anybody mention raking leaves? My house in Dallas yielded 20 bags in the spring and 20 bags in the fall. I finally got a lawn service and was never happier.

Our current house has a few of maple trees and the first fall came and I wasn't even going to try. My landscaper neighbor vacuums the leaves which he charges me 180.00 for 5 hoppers. It's well worth the money!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2022, 08:59:12 AM »
Did anybody mention raking leaves? My house in Dallas yielded 20 bags in the spring and 20 bags in the fall. I finally got a lawn service and was never happier.

Our current house has a few of maple trees and the first fall came and I wasn't even going to try. My landscaper neighbor vacuums the leaves which he charges me 180.00 for 5 hoppers. It's well worth the money!

Yup! I also have a lot of oaks. Even when the leaves are mulched, I still fill 45-50 lawn and leaf bags every fall.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2022, 09:01:05 AM »

Yup! I also have a lot of oaks. Even when the leaves are mulched, I still fill 45-50 lawn and leaf bags every fall.

We used to just leave them on the ground. We also have a cleanup service though. No f'n way I'm filling 50 bags of leaves, which is easily what it'd take.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2022, 10:59:46 AM »
I wish I was busy enough to justify a yard service for mowing and leaves. We can afford it (though there always seem to be higher priorities), but I've got plenty of time and two older sons that can help out.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »

45-50 bags!!! That's insane. Are house was built in 2016 in a new development so our trees were about 6' tall and had very little leaves. It's not getting to the point where they are beginning to drop a lot of leaves and I've just been going over them with the mower.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2022, 11:03:31 AM »

45-50 bags!!! That's insane. Are house was built in 2016 in a new development so our trees were about 6' tall and had very little leaves. It's not getting to the point where they are beginning to drop a lot of leaves and I've just been going over them with the mower.

The craziest part is my lot is only .2 acres.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2022, 11:12:15 AM »
You can't just blow the leaves back into the woods?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2022, 11:16:57 AM »
I don't have any. I'm on a corner lot. Two side are on the road, and two sides share a border with neighbors. There are no woods between us. Just massive trees. It's really stupid, and I curse whatever fuckers in the past decided to let them grow  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2022, 11:39:37 AM »
Well then, why do you keep putting holes in walls?  Cut it out, Joe!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2022, 12:39:29 PM »

:lol

You know damn well, when the wife wants to "change it up" and not in a good way.  :lol

New paint, new pictures and a bunch on indents of poorly fixed holes by C'est moi.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2022, 01:31:47 PM »

:lol

You know damn well, when the wife wants to "change it up" and not in a good way.  :lol

New paint, new pictures and a bunch on indents of poorly fixed holes by C'est moi.

I know this is going to sound weird, Joe, but Bondo is your friend here. Mix some up. Smooth it around a bit. When it dries sand it flat and feather the edges into the existing paint. Use a rattle-can to spray some primer on it, and then top coat to match the surrounding paint.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2022, 01:33:48 PM »
the never-ending pile of shirts I have. I need to get rid of some of them though. Or store them somewhere and use them in someway as they are concert shirts and I don't want to get rid of them.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dparrott

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2022, 12:33:52 PM »
In the shitty jobs category, scooping cat boxes.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2022, 02:10:28 PM »
I have no problem putting my clothes away, or my sons, but I HATE hanging up my wife's clothes!

Why do women's clothes not hang easily on coat hangers? My t-shirts, shirts and jumpers hang really easily, but you better believe all my wife's clothes fall off the hangers, unless those tiny little hanging straps can hook onto something! Or it's some loose fitting silk thing which will not stay on a hanger.

I'll do the washing up for hours over 10 minutes of that.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2022, 10:46:34 PM »
In the shitty jobs category, scooping cat boxes.

I agree, my cat is not too well at the moment (Thyroid condition) and having a slight reaction to some medication, by that I mean frequent number 2's.
Violet is almost 16, this is one thing I will not miss when the time eventually comes, not that I am wishing it at all.

She has also had the kitty litter crystals for her whole life, which lives in a tray in the bath, but she scatters them all over the bathroom, my punishment for some error in her eyes I am sure, and they are the equivalent of lego on the floor when you step on them barefoot.

As they say dogs have owners and cats have staff.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2022, 02:51:39 AM »
Washing the car.  So pointless, I'll gladly pay to have it done once in a while.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2022, 12:03:34 PM »
Washing the car.  So pointless, I'll gladly pay to have it done once in a while.

I spend 50 bucks a month having my car hand washed.  I'm just getting too old for that shit.  For me, it's worth it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline emtee

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2022, 12:13:52 PM »
Mowing the lawn is very cathartic for me. My mind shuts off and I'm singularly focused on the task. Also love the smell of freshly cut grass.

Scrubbing the tub/shower is the second worst task because it kills my back.

The WORST task is cleaning out the sink traps when they get clogged. OMG, the smelly, slimy shit, hair ball entanglements that I pull from those pipes could gag a maggot.