Author Topic: NCAA Football 2022 Thread  (Read 9605 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: NCAA Football 2022 Thread
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2022, 07:12:08 PM »
Cal freshman Jaydn Ott rushes for 277 as Cal beats Arizona 49-31

:gobears:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2022, 11:14:59 PM »
Cal freshman Jaydn Ott rushes for 277 as Cal beats Arizona 49-31

:gobears:

Wow!! That’s awesome. Go Bears!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline T-ski

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2022, 08:36:13 AM »
Badgers have gone from a B+/A- program to a C in the last few years.

Tough watch right now.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2022, 06:18:44 AM »
RJ,

Ott only getting 70 yards rushing was a bit of a surprise. Was it WASU's defence or just an off day for Jaydn? I wasn't able to watch the game.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2022, 07:16:59 AM »
I didn't watch it either, but I'd guess they targeted him more heavily, and the rest of the offense didn't take advantage. Wazoo is definitely a stronger team that Zona.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2022, 07:24:04 AM »
I caught the second half of the Georgia/Mizzou game, and it reminded me of why I hate college sports sometimes, as the top teams always get the officiating slanted in their favor. It is hard enough to beat a top team already when you aren't one, and when there are a handful of ticky tack calls (or non-calls) that all go the way of the favorite, it tilts the game to where scoring the upset is that much more difficult.  Mizzou wore down, so there is a good chance that Georgia might have won anyway, but I just hate seeing stuff like that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2022, 02:15:57 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one who notices a bias in the college officiating.  PSU fans have been saying that since they joined the Big10 conference that Michigan and Ohio State get all the favorable calls and I've started to believe it myself after all these years.  However, if I'm also being honest, I've started noticing PSU getting the benefit of the ref calls the last couple years.  I really do think the conferences want to have their top teams because there's money involved when you make it to the bigger bowl games / playoffs that gets split between the conference. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2022, 12:00:32 PM »

Tough watch right now.

Thoughts on Chryst's buyout?  I don't know what's happening in Madison right now, but he's got a good record as coach there.  Obviously this season is bad, but 11 million to fire him? 

Offline T-ski

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2022, 12:15:33 PM »

Tough watch right now.

Thoughts on Chryst's buyout?  I don't know what's happening in Madison right now, but he's got a good record as coach there.  Obviously this season is bad, but 11 million to fire him?

His buyout was actually $20M, so they negotiated it down. I’m sure there is some under the table money going his way though.

Third straight year of regression. The offensive line play, which used to be an NFL pipeline has completely disintegrated. Their 5 star QB turned into a dud and they’ve fallen behind on recruiting. Add in some uninspired losses to mid level teams and this is what you get.

Hopefully Jim Leonhard can turn it around. Has an NFL pedigree, local boy, and as DC has been stellar (although this year has been rough due to lots of youth).
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline emtee

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2022, 05:46:46 PM »
Ho
Le
CRAP!

Tenn v Bama was one of the most intense entertaining games ever. Wow!

And Michigan takes care of business. I'm a happy camper!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2022, 05:59:31 PM »
I was pleased with the Tennessee win over Alabama.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2022, 06:37:43 PM »
That UT v Bama game was ridiculous. I was texting with a friend who attends UT, and she said the town is going batshit crazy.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2022, 09:36:59 AM »
That was the weirdest looking kick I've ever seen.

And remember when storming the field and taking down goalposts was a rare sight for a monumental win? It seems like it is a weekly occurrence now.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2022, 09:50:16 AM »

And remember when storming the field and taking down goalposts was a rare sight for a monumental win? It seems like it is a weekly occurrence now.

Yep, although while you're right, that was a monumental win in my books, and especially for UT.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2022, 09:53:02 AM »

Yep, although while you're right, that was a monumental win in my books, and especially for UT.

Maybe, but it was still a #6 beating a #3, at home, in October.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2022, 09:56:13 AM »
I'm kinda surprised the whole storming the field and tearing down the goal posts and dragging them through the city thing is still allowed, as it feels like it's only a matter of time before something bad happens.  Not sure what you can do when thousands of college kids all storm the field at once, many of whom are likely underage and not sober, but it feels inevitable.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2022, 10:28:35 AM »

Maybe, but it was still a #6 beating a #3, at home, in October.

Tennessee which has some history, has been terrible for a long time now.  I think it was warranted for that fan base even if they are highly ranked and at home.

PSU got exposed yesterday, manhandled on the lines by Michigan and another example of Coach Franklin being a poor game day coach.   >:(  Granted, I thought PSU was over rated at #10 and a loss to Michigan was expected, but that wasn't even close or competitive besides two mistakes by Michigan in the 2nd quarter.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2022, 10:45:07 AM »
UM's QB went 17/24-145-0-1, and they won by 24! Oh wait, they ran for 418! What decade is Harbaugh playing in?!

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2022, 11:08:12 AM »
Alabama has been flirting with defeat all season. If the Texas QB doesn't go down earlier in the season then 'Bama would have 2 defeats on their record.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2022, 08:52:23 AM »
Nice weekend.  6 undefeated teams lost, plus various other upsets.  And UNC beat Duke.

And Alabama losing is never a bad thing.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2022, 08:56:32 AM »
I'm jumping on the Vols bandwagon.  Not only football but baseball, WoSo and MBB are good too.  I like the grey and orange combo. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2022, 09:15:00 AM »
Appalachian State finally woke up and whooped up on Georgia State last night, 42-17.

Glad for the win, but Wednesday night games are weird.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2022, 09:48:17 AM »
Nice to see PSU roll over an opponent in the White Out last night.  PSU looks like they could end the season 10-2 which is much better than predicted.  Hopefully they can be competitive against the Buckeyes next week, no one expects them to win so just play loose and try to be competitive is all I can ask for,

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2022, 06:40:14 AM »
Another good weekend of college football!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2022, 11:52:30 AM »
Appalachian State has a tough one tonight on ESPN against Coastal Carolina. 

Win or lose, should be a great game.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2022, 12:35:57 PM »
I've got no issue with Tennessee being #1 in the playoff rankings.  I'm not entirely sure Clemson should be over Michigan, but these things have time to play themselves out.

PSU will be favored to win out and if they do, they end up 10-2 and that's better than almost every projection before the season. As much as it is upsetting to lose to Michigan and Ohio State again, the season in my mind would be considered a big success if they can win out based on expectations.  Also, if they win out, a NY6 bowl game would be possible with one final chance to get a signature win for the season.  A championship is out of the picture, but still a lot to play for this year.  I hope the team believes that as much as I do.  Watch them lose to Indiana on Saturday  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2022, 01:07:11 PM »
I also have no problem with Tennessee being # 1, but I'm a little perplexed at where TCU is ranked.  They should be higher.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2022, 01:38:42 PM »
I don't like Bama being in front of them either.  I've got to believe if they win out that they'll be in though. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2022, 02:25:06 PM »
I don't like Bama being in front of them either.  I've got to believe if they win out that they'll be in though.
Yeah, probably so.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2022, 03:02:16 PM »
Georgia dogging the Vols.  Pun intended.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline emtee

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2022, 06:54:45 AM »
Tenn vs. Georgia turned out to be a dud. I hope Ohio State vs. Michigan is more entertaining.

Really surprised by ND clobbering Clemson.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2022, 08:00:30 AM »
That was another good weekend of college ball.  I understood why Tennessee rushed the field, not so much LSU although that game was exciting and had a crazy finish. 

For me team, beating Indiana is not much to brag about, but they won playing a significant amount of freshman and that is very encouraging for the future.  I think if PSU's freshman QB can show why he was a top recruit, PSU is going to be a top 10 team the next few years.  The young talent is just insanely good.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2022, 09:05:07 AM »
Not every game this weekend went to my liking, but Alabama lost, so it was a success.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2022, 05:33:24 PM »

Can't complain, TCU moves into the playoff picture.  They can't lose though. I don't think they will make it as a 1 loss.  We are more likely to see 2 Big 10 and 2 SEC teams before TCU makes it as a 1 loss it seems.  Granted, PAC12 might get a team in if Oregon or USC can win out.

For me, at this point, I kind of have to root for Michigan/OSU to win out (besides their head to head obviously) and play a very close game to get both in the playoffs.  This is the path for PSU to get to the Rose Bowl although as a general fan of college ball, I'd rather we not have two schools from the same conference in the playoffs so I'm rooting clearly in my own personal interest. 

I can't wait till we get to the 12 team playoff.  I feel there would be so much more to play for for so many teams right now.  I do think it will devalue the "every game matters" but it will also make some of these end of season games still be very important for a lot of teams.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2022, 05:51:13 PM »
Well both SC and Oregon have already played Cal, so they dodged that bullet  :P