Author Topic: NCAA Football 2022 Thread  (Read 9588 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NCAA Football 2022 Thread
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »
Yeah, we're kinda into TE play too. We've lost two All American tight ends to injury this year, but our third option is still a beast.

Thomas Yassmin

:biggrin:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2022, 06:31:36 PM »
Lots of Mike Leach chatter on the airwaves up here, due to his time at WSU. I generally don't like characters, in politics, entertainment, sports... but the one exception is college football coaches. That is one profession where I love characters, and believe they enhance the sport. Bowden, Spurrier,  Harbaugh... and there were few, if any, coaches who were more of a character that Mike Leach.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2022, 02:25:07 PM »
Lots of Mike Leach chatter on the airwaves up here, due to his time at WSU. I generally don't like characters, in politics, entertainment, sports... but the one exception is college football coaches. That is one profession where I love characters, and believe they enhance the sport. Bowden, Spurrier,  Harbaugh... and there were few, if any, coaches who were more of a character that Mike Leach.
I agree with you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2022, 03:03:56 PM »
I agree with you.

Same...he definitely was one of a kind. My cousin attended WSU when he was there, so I was able to get a bit of a taste of him through that. They also did a special, I want to say it was a 30/30 but can't be sure, on him that was fantastic.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2022, 04:37:17 PM »
I get Seniors who are heading to the draft and have been injured during the season sitting out. Best to them, I say. But Clark Phillips is a real head shaker for me.

I guarantee, PSU's been watching film and just thinking, "Yeah, we'll just identify where he lines up and just not throw there." Now, they don't have to worry about him, half the field (potentially) opens up to their playbook.

PSU's strength isn't wide receiver.  As mentioned, our best is out for the Rose, but after Parker-Washington.... we have no WRs really who showed up this year, Tinsley would be the next best and he's just OK.  What PSU is tough at, is our tight ends in the passing game so it might not be as big of a loss in this scenario.

And PSU's top TE Strange just announced he's going to play! I'd be shocked if he doesn't have a big play in the Rose Bowl.  Speaking of, I'm currently in Pasadena.  I plan on stopping by the Rose Bowl this weekend, give my blessing.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2022, 02:28:21 PM »
So my current work is handling foodservice operations for an office of one of the largest law firms in the world. The main boss, the head partner is making a site visit in the new year, he's a Michigan grad, and the date of his visit and the concurring catering events are pending if they beat TCU or not  :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2022, 03:10:09 PM »
 :lol

They should win, unless TCU's passing attack get's going by torching Michigan corners. If TCU can get a lead, Michigan may have a hard time keeping up...although, I'd be surprised if it played out that way.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2022, 05:29:47 AM »
Oregon relied too much on luck to win the Holiday Bowl.

The second and third quarters, Bo Nix looked like he just wanted to go the nearest church and pray...throwing the ball in the general direction of receivers isn't going to help baby Jesus. He only helps those who do it all themselves by throwing to five-star recruits.

On defense someone needs to remind the fucking-ducks that you tackle from the armpits down! Grabbing dude by the outside of his shoulder pads, as he runs by, gives him most of the leverage. Take his core or legs away and he goes down.

Really, I thought NC looked pretty damned good. Especially their quarterback Drake Maye. You can tell he just has that intangible quality that you know when you see it. Dude is a baller, and he's only a red shirt freshman? Dam, the Tar Heels have a great future with that kid.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2022, 03:19:22 PM »
Michigan looking scared in the first half! TCU playing with house money.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2022, 03:29:29 PM »
I'd be perfectly happy with the day ending with no Big 10 teams in play, but to be honest I think this one is to see who gets to be schooled by Georgia.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2022, 03:57:49 PM »
I agree.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2022, 04:54:59 PM »
Wow! Michigan defense looks like they’re trying to be UCLA.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2022, 04:56:16 PM »
 :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2022, 05:15:38 PM »
Boy did this game take a turn in the last few minutes. Holy shit.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2022, 05:26:38 PM »
No kidding. Not watching but checking on my phone periodically, and every time I glance at it, the score is different.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2022, 06:08:52 PM »
Well they managed to squeeze every fucking ounce of drama out of that one, didn't they? Anyhow, congrats to TCU, one Big 10 team out of it.

Can't deny I'm a little miffed that Dykes couldn't lead Cal to the Jack Shit Bowl, much less the national title game, in his years here but I'll get over it.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2022, 06:28:26 PM »
I’d say that, just based on the look in Stroud’s and Day’s eyes, that OSU is going to have a long night.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2022, 07:43:36 PM »
Did Kirk Herbstreit have a facelift?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2022, 08:54:06 PM »
I’d say that, just based on the look in Stroud’s and Day’s eyes, that OSU is going to have a long night.

They're definitely making a game of it.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2022, 10:15:33 PM »
What the actual fuck on that one... Wasn't watching cause I was in our NYE meeting, but I paid very little attention to the meeting lol...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2023, 05:19:17 AM »
Both games went the way I hoped they would.

I knew Michigan would lose when they tried that trick play on 4th and goal on their opening drive.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2023, 06:05:44 AM »
I wasn't able to watch the second half of the OS vs. Georgia game until this morning. OS really made a better game of it than I thought they would. I'll bet their kicker is the most hated person in Columbus today.  :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2023, 06:28:13 AM »
Yeah, he didn't just miss it, he shanked the crap out of it. Feel a bit bad, dipshits will be sending him death threats and shit. Fucking idiots.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2023, 08:37:31 AM »
Even though I wanted Ohio St. to lose, you have to feel bad for that kicker. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2023, 08:54:40 AM »
Even though I wanted Ohio St. to lose, you have to feel bad for that kicker.

Absolutely....still happy they lost though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2023, 09:55:40 AM »
Those were some pretty wild games, that's really all we can ask for especially since these games sometimes are so one sided.  Kind of shocked OSU had that game won and TCU handled Michigan though.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2023, 10:57:03 AM »
Georgia is a 13.5 point favorite as of now.

Who in their right fucking mind wants to give 13.5 to a team that just put up 51 points on Michigan?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #167 on: January 01, 2023, 04:33:27 PM »
Saw a tweet that said 'one minute into the new year and every team is undefeated except Ohio St'  :rollin

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2023, 02:57:21 PM »
Huh? USC doesn’t have a viable defense? Who knew?!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2023, 02:58:12 PM »
Meltdown of Biblical proportions. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2023, 05:53:19 PM »
Meltdown of Biblical proportions.

Seems to be a theme with PAC-12 . The moment is too big for Utah. 😡

Offline emtee

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2023, 05:24:30 AM »
Embarrassing performance by the entire Michigan team and especially from coach Harbaugh.

They were woefully unprepared in every aspect of the game. Yet again, Harbaugh is unable to win a bowl game. His clock management decisions at the end of the game were brutal.

It was a great season but I'm left with disappointment.

Props to TCU. They kicked our ass!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2023, 07:56:04 AM »
Embarrassing performance by the entire Michigan team and especially from coach Harbaugh.

They were woefully unprepared in every aspect of the game. Yet again, Harbaugh is unable to win a bowl game. His clock management decisions at the end of the game were brutal.

Ya know.  I love how Michigan is pushing a lot of the blame on the refs.  I do think that TD called back was a bad call, but generally, Michigan gets the favorable calls all the time in the Big 10.  It's funny how Michigan is so bad in bowl games.  Maybe because they don't get the Big 10 refs and have to play like everyone else.

Great game by PSU last night.  I didn't expect them to win going in, I thought Utah was built similarly to Michigan and was probably better coached.  But I think PSU put together their best game all season, specifically with Clifford who FINALLY played great in a big game.  He basically redeemed himself which was very nice to see and his emotion after the game was really special.  It does suck Rising got hurt.  He would have kept the game interesting and maybe could have won it for them because he was making a lot of big 3rd down plays. 

11-2 and finishing in the top 10... I'll take it when most predicted this year was an 8 win team and not ranked to start the year. A lot to look forward to next year since so many young players were playing meaningful minutes yesterday and a top QB recruit to take over.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2023, 07:17:12 PM »
This is borderline embarrassing. Fuck, I thought TCU would hang at least a bit, but they ejust getting fucking smoked.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2023, 07:23:58 PM »
Yeah, I’ve turned it off. The Horny Toads aren’t coming back from that first half.