Author Topic: Well wishes appreciated  (Read 3244 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Well wishes appreciated
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2022, 08:54:14 PM »
The C word is always gonna be scary af.

But "most operable" is encouraging.  Sometimes it helps to think about the things that might go right, rather than the things that might go wrong.  This feels like it could be more of the former than the latter.

Medical science is wondrous, and this could very well be nothing more than a brief speedbump in the life if your granddaughter, that she'll never need to remember.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2022, 08:55:14 PM »
Well said, Chad.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2022, 03:12:38 AM »
Indeed. Here's wishing your granddaughter has a speedy and full recovery from this. Thoughts are with you all.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Skeever

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2022, 07:13:08 AM »
Well wishes certainly heading your way.

It's my understanding that, when it comes to the "C" word, outcomes for children are often a lot more promising than for adults. Especially ones that are "common" and easily operable. But that makes it no less scary. I am certainly thinking of you and your family, and hope that, as you go through this awful thing, it at least brings you some comfort knowing that friends and relative strangers alike from the forums are rooting for you and yours.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2022, 10:14:54 AM »
Hey Jammin, here's to thinking of your grandkid and your family!  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2022, 10:17:37 AM »
Oh man, this is tough to read.  Hang in there Jammin and hoping to the best for your granddaughter, what a terrible thing for a child and their family.  But the prognosis sounded positive, that's what you got to hold onto as Jingle said.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2022, 06:02:01 PM »
Oh man, that's awful mate.  As others have said, positive thinking and being there for your son is all you can do.  More thoughts and well wishes coming your way.  Fingers crossed it all works out.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2022, 09:13:32 PM »
Hoping for the best for her and that treatment goes smoothly.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2022, 06:53:50 AM »
Just an update.

The baby is doing well. By outside appearances and tests, she seems very healthy. But the growth is too large to remove. So they started chemotherapy last night. They are hoping that the growth will shrink down to a point where they can operate and remove it.

As I said, the baby seems strong and healthy on the outside, so confidence is still high that she will make it through this.

But needless to say, none of us are sleeping well.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2022, 07:33:53 AM »
Damn....Wishing for the optimal outcome, and hoping you all keep your peace in this difficult time. I'm so sorry man.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2022, 09:34:33 AM »
Damn that is hard.... but stay strong and positive
Hoping the chemo is succeful and that there will be a full recovery in due tie.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2022, 12:48:26 PM »
Just an update.

The baby is doing well. By outside appearances and tests, she seems very healthy. But the growth is too large to remove. So they started chemotherapy last night. They are hoping that the growth will shrink down to a point where they can operate and remove it.

As I said, the baby seems strong and healthy on the outside, so confidence is still high that she will make it through this.

But needless to say, none of us are sleeping well.

Jesus, Ben. That is some serious shit. The good news is that the doctors know what they're doing and have a plan.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2023, 08:38:08 PM »
There’s not much worse than a child with cancer. Jammin, my thoughts are with you and your family. Hoping you will have the best possible outcome. :heart

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2023, 08:09:25 AM »
Thinking about you, Jammin.  Hope everything turns out okay (I'm in the "Chad camp" here).

Offline PetFish

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2023, 08:51:03 PM »
I just saw this thread, sorry for being late.

I really hope everything goes well and I can only imagine how it must feel to be in your situation.

Little kids are way tougher than they get credit for so I know she's fighting hard.

Stay strong.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2023, 07:31:52 AM »
Yeah, I haven't been online much in the last 3 weeks.  Best wishes Jammindude.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Harmony

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2023, 05:40:03 PM »
I've been MIA lately - just seeing this now.  Of course you have all of my well wishes, that goes without saying.  I will offer you 2 pieces of unsolicited advice though:

1.  Most hospitals are affiliated with a cancer support network.  These networks can be godsends.  They aren't just for moral support but also for very hands on support.  I hope your family will get connected to them.  They will have lots of resources, information, and support for you and yours.

2.  Rightfully the majority of the focus will be on your granddaughter.  But caregivers need support and space to take care of their own needs.  Sometimes parents forget that part and as their child improves they find themselves completely depleted and exhausted.  They can neglect their own health needs.  You can be the person reminded them that it isn't selfish to take care of themselves too and then coordinate with other family members to find a way to help them do that. 

:heart
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline jammindude

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2023, 12:01:48 AM »
Thank you all.

The prognosis is still good. The growth is contained and not spreading…just too big to operate. So they are using chemo to shrink it down to operable levels.

Support isn’t really an issue.  Their local congregation has practically overwhelmed them with support and love. My son says the hospital is a virtual revolving door of friends and loving relatives. And I have been given the honor of reading her bedtime stories every night over FaceTime.

But she has run into the issue of being either too sick to eat at all, or being so famished that she eats too much and throws it up, so they’ve had to give her a feeding tube.

Guys…they keep saying she’s going to get out of this, but I can’t stop being heartsick.  :'(
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2023, 04:35:59 AM »
Even though the outlook is positive, the current circumstances can still be terrifying.  Let all your emotions express themselves.  We're here for you.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline emtee

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2023, 04:53:08 AM »
Ugh! Heart wrenching.