Author Topic: WHEEL launch new single ‘Blood Drinker’  (Read 1333 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
WHEEL launch new single ‘Blood Drinker’
« on: September 01, 2022, 07:20:57 AM »
I searched for a WHEEL thread and all I found was a mention on the Tool thread here.

InsideOutMusic are extremely pleased to announce the signing of Anglo-Finnish progressive metallers Wheel, to a new worldwide deal. With the band about to imminently hit the road in North America alongside Apocalyptica and new label-mates Leprous, they are also excited to launch a brand new single titled ‘Blood Drinker’. This is the first song to be taken from their forthcoming

‘Rumination’ EP, you can listen to the track here: https://youtu.be/bGNTUS43ZBA

Of the signing the band comments: “InsideOut feels like the perfect fit for Wheel, due to both the impressive roster of bands they represent and their lovely staff, who fully understand and support the kind of music we want to produce. We have always been about building lasting relationships and anticipate a great future working closely with the label in the years to come.”

InsideOutMusic label-head Thomas Waber adds: "We are excited about signing Wheel and buidling a successful future together. We have been following them for quite some time and it feels like the right moment to take them to the next level!"

Of their new track ‘Blood Drinker’, James Lascelles explains: “This song is about how surprisingly often, murderers garner huge amounts of attention, press coverage and fame while their victim's name's at best, become a footnote in their respective killer's legacy and more often than not, their names are not remembered at all.”

As mentioned, the band are about to begin an extensive North American tour supporting Apocalyptica and Leprous throughout September & into October. This will be followed by further dates with Apocalyptica in Finland in November, before joining them again in Europe in early 2023. For the full list of dates, head over to http://wheelband.net/

Following the bands powerful debut album ‘Moving Backwards’ in 2019, they returned in 2021 with the punchy ‘Resident Human’, a record that was packed with vivid vistas of expanding and contracting sounds, whilst honing the bands intensity into something compelling and energetic. The band capped off 2021 supporting Leprous across Europe on their anniversary tour, with extensive live plans in place throughout the rest of 2022 and into 2023, when they will release their third studio album.

WHEEL are:
James Lascelles (Vocals/Guitar)
Santeri Saksala (Drums)
Aki ‘Conan’ Virta (Bass)
Jussi Turunen (Lead Guitar)

Find WHEEL online:
http://wheelband.net/
https://www.facebook.com/wheelband/

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: WHEEL launch new single ‘Blood Drinker’
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 06:03:57 PM »
I love the new single. I’ve been waiting to hear the new EP for ages!!! Can’t wait until it’s released.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 08:54:32 PM »
Not bad, though weaker than their previous singles.  I honestly like them more than Soen and most of the other Tool-esque bands.  The self-titled track "Wheel" is 10 minutes of brilliance.  They haven't had a dedicated thread yet, but there are probably at least half a dozen people here who are at least somewhat into them. 

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 08:22:48 AM »
Love both Wheel albums. I actually like Wheel more than Soen. The Wheel track is nothing short of mesmerizing. That outro gets me all the time.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 09:55:38 AM »
Love both Wheel albums. I actually like Wheel more than Soen. The Wheel track is nothing short of mesmerizing. That outro gets me all the time.

Oh, for sure, that track is pure bliss.  :metal

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 02:21:56 PM »
Great band, I heard them for the first time only recently. Have to give some extra credit to the drummer, he really drives and pushes the sound. He has a solo spot towards the end in Blood Drinker and Movement that I really think fits the songs great.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 09:25:35 PM »
Okay, so the dates on this messed me up. This was from Sept of '22. Where is the EP they were talking about? This single doesn't seem like it even went up for sale. Their website is no help either. Just echos the post from last year.

I see they are touring, but nada on any kind of upcoming releases. Oh well.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023, 12:30:45 AM »
It might have only been for streaming, i'm not sure but it's on Spotify atleast and have been for a while.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Mladen

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 01:04:41 AM »
I saw these guys opening for Apocalyptica and Epica last month and they blew me away. I have to check out thos albums. Hopefully the band gets even bigger.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2023, 07:55:44 AM »
I found it. HD Tracks has it. I'll pick it up from them.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history