Author Topic: James LaBrie of Dream Theater – ‘I’m Open’ to Collaborating With Mike Portnoy  (Read 1305 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
https://onlyfanstar.com/news/2022/08/16/james-labrie-of-dream-theater-im-open-to-collaborating-with-mike-portnoy/

The Reconstructed Fortress.
When Dusk and Dawn Unite.
Rising from Infinity
Forgotten Scenes
Eight Degrees of Outer Balance
Car of Thoughts
Chaotic Systems

Offline RodrigoAltaf

An Unremarkable Turn of Events

A Sight from the Bottom of the World

Offline emtee

And I'm open to buying whatever they collaborate on...if they ever do.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Illusion Theory
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Dream Team

Certainly not nearly as exciting as MP working with JP.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

While this is nice to hear, the invite would probably have to come from Portnoy’s end. I feel like at this point, LaBrie is gonna ask his son to play drums on any solo project before he asks anyone else, then I think Mangini would be next in line if Chance isn’t available. What I think would be most likely is if let’s say James books some solo shows on something like Cruise to the Edge and one of Mike’s bands is also on the bill and they bring James up to sing a DT tune (Sons of Apollo doing Lines in the Sand with both LaBrie and Soto singing would be amazing).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline RodrigoAltaf

While this is nice to hear, the invite would probably have to come from Portnoy’s end. I feel like at this point, LaBrie is gonna ask his son to play drums on any solo project before he asks anyone else, then I think Mangini would be next in line if Chance isn’t available. What I think would be most likely is if let’s say James books some solo shows on something like Cruise to the Edge and one of Mike’s bands is also on the bill and they bring James up to sing a DT tune (Sons of Apollo doing Lines in the Sand with both LaBrie and Soto singing would be amazing).

I love this idea of them doing Lines in the Sand!!!