Haken thread v. "Evening With" tour (some set spoilers)

Started by allewartenaufdaslicht_, August 07, 2022, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axeman90210

mike099

I will be at the Nashville show this Wednesday.  Kind of sucks going by myself.  My wife is not in to most of my music choices.  If Def Leopard comes back to Nashville, we will be there together.

NoFred

Quote from: mike099 on April 30, 2023, 02:45:39 PM
I will be at the Nashville show this Wednesday.  Kind of sucks going by myself.  My wife is not in to most of my music choices.  If Def Leopard comes back to Nashville, we will be there together.

Nice enjoy the opening show, from what I've gathered on their socials will be a fresh setlist. For me wife is out but older kids are in, closing show of this leg in Chicago.

ReaperKK

My wife doesn't like 95% of the music I listen to so I'm used to going solo. I don't really mind it though, I usually chat it up with people I meet at the show.

YngVai

Was mega stoked for the Chicago gig, thinking it was on the 23rd of June. Checked again, it's actually on the 3rd and I'll be playing back-to-back sets at a venue a 5 minute walk from theirs haha. Fml.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: ReaperKK on May 01, 2023, 10:47:09 AM
My wife doesn't like 95% of the music I listen to
Same.  That's why I had kids (whom you've met, and who ask about you from time to time).
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

CrimsonSunrise

Quote from: ReaperKK on May 01, 2023, 10:47:09 AM

My wife doesn't like 95% of the music I listen to so I'm used to going solo. I don't really mind it though, I usually chat it up with people I meet at the show.
Mine either, but she's a trooper!  She's been to 3 DT and a Nightwish show with me.  I feel pretty dang lucky.  That being said.... she's out on Haken shows.. :lol

Nick

Well, tour opens tomorrow in Nashville. I'm going to be avoiding the setlist if possible, but shocked to have seen one early song teased on Facebook. That said, it's one I'll never complain about seeing.

Depart on Thursday night towards Montreal. :D

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Nick

Quote from: Kingly Gizz & Liz Wiz Bizzy on May 02, 2023, 05:17:41 PM
See you on your roadtrip!

Yaaas. You still need to let me know if we're doing anything on my day off!

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Ben_Jamin

I will more than likely end up looking at the setlist. Regardless of what they play, I'm just glad I get to see a headlining Haken show.

Mladen

Beneath the white rainbow is starting to grow on me quite a bit. The initially off-putting uneasiness about it is now kind of cool to me, and I have no idea how the chorus didn't click until now. Even the screaming megaphone section is not that bad anymore.  :lol

ariich

Quote from: Mladen on May 03, 2023, 02:26:32 AM
Beneath the white rainbow is starting to grow on me quite a bit. The initially off-putting uneasiness about it is now kind of cool to me, and I have no idea how the chorus didn't click until now. Even the screaming megaphone section is not that bad anymore.  :lol
The chorus is definitely in my top 5 Haken choruses (not that I've specifically compiled that list, although I should try), it's so ridiculously great.

I think fans are going to really like the NA setlist. Nick, I'm not sure this thread will be able to completely avoid spoilers until your first show...

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Nick

And I would never expect it to, go ahead and post whatever spoilers you want! I just won't be checking it once that first show starts.

mike099

I am really hoping they leave the endless knot in the set tonight. 

Ben_Jamin

So, since they've been mentioning it being The Mountain's 10th anniversary, how many songs can we expect from this album...

It would be neat to hear them open the set with The Path going into Atlas Stone. But, I am expecting Cockroach King for sure, Falling Back to Earth or In Memoriam, maybe Pareidolia or Because It's There. I would be quite surprised to see As Death Embraces or Somebody (I would love this).

gzarruk

With all the stuff they've been teasing for their set already, I don't expect them to give too much space for TM, but you never know.

Cocopjojo

I almost never do standing room shows anymore, so I'm very interested in the setlist, which will determine whether I make an exception here. Someone post it as soon as you have it!  :)

mike099

Arch Echo was good opening, but I had already seen them with DT last spring. 

Ben_Jamin

Quote from: mike099 on May 03, 2023, 06:50:12 PM
Arch Echo was good opening, but I had already seen them with DT last spring.

How long was their set?

mike099

About 40 minutes.

Love the matching album art shirts by Haken.

So far 2 songs from Fauna, 2 from the mountain and 1 from affinity

mike099

Mini mosh pit for the affinity song.  2 more from Fauna and another from the mountain and 1 from aquarius

Encore from virus and another mini mosh pit.

Great show and the drummer is a beast.

Ben_Jamin

If what Setlist.fm says is true, then I am very excited for that set. I personally was not expecting that Affinity song, and It's one I was really hoping they would play.

mike099

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on May 03, 2023, 09:15:48 PM
If what Setlist.fm says is true, then I am very excited for that set. I personally was not expecting that Affinity song, and It's one I was really hoping they would play.

Confirmed that setlist.fm is correct.

jammindude

I did the math in my head so it might be give or take a minute or so. But I count the studio versions of that setlist to be about 101 1/2 minutes of music.  With audience interactions and the like, it's probably an hour and 45 minute set.

Not bad.

I'm a bit shocked at how many longer pieces in the set there are. And even more shocked by the absence of one particular Fauna song!

Mladen

I would love to see that set list.  :tup

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

axeman90210

Great setlist. I'm a little bit surprised (and bummed) they're not playing Alphabet of Me, but I also can't complain about anything they did include :metal

jammindude

Quote from: axeman90210 on May 04, 2023, 04:20:40 AM
Great setlist. I'm a little bit surprised (and bummed) they're not playing Alphabet of Me, but I also can't complain about anything they did include :metal

My thoughts exactly.

goo-goo

Laughingplace56

Wow what a surprising set list! I've seen them 3 times since 2018 and yet I've only seen one of the songs on that set live before. Outside of the songs teased on IG, I did not expect any of those other changes. Not a huge fan of the Aquarius song, but I'm stoked to see the rest for sure!

For those that attended last night- Setlist.fm says one song was abridged; what part was taken out?

gzarruk

Quote from: Laughingplace56 on May 04, 2023, 07:06:19 AM
For those that attended last night- Setlist.fm says one song was abridged; what part was taken out?

Apparently, the middle section :o

Ben_Jamin

Quote from: gzarruk on May 04, 2023, 07:33:22 AM

Now I'm disappointed because it's abridged and not the whole song.

mike099

Quote from: gzarruk on May 04, 2023, 07:33:22 AM

On The Architect, the middle section, was a lot shorter live, which worked better live in my opinion.  The crowd was really in to this song.