News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

Haken thread v. "Evening With" tour (some set spoilers)

Started by allewartenaufdaslicht_, August 07, 2022, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramx3

gzarruk

Really really hoping they record/release a live album from these dates.

hefdaddy42

Wow, not what I was expecting!

I guess it's time for a road trip to beautiful Asheville!
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

Somerville Theater on a Friday night?  Why yes please.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

MinistroRaven

A live release would be greatly appreciated

gmillerdrake

Heck yeah.......we get a St. Louis Date!!!!!

WilliamMunny

Closest date to me is four hours away...hmmmm

Ben_Jamin

Looks like it's Boulder for me.

I was expecting a live release, but a live release of this will be epic. I can only imagine what they'd play. Visions has to be played.

The Letter M

"Fauna in its entirety!"

That's gonna amazing! Such a good album, I hope a show will be recorded for a live album!

I'm eyeing the Baltimore date!

-Marc.

me7

TheHoveringSojourn808

oh wow, awesome! i'd love to check out the colorado show. anyone got presale codes? :)

Skeever

Now the question is do I see it in Red Bank and drive home or do I make a night of it in times square? The latter could be more enticing if it was a chance to meet some of you fine people.

Metro

El Barto

The Februaryness of it is kind of a bummer to those of us who'd typically travel. And sadly no Wang show, where weather would be unlikely to screw things up. A month or two later I'd hit all four shows from MA to NJ, but Feb isn't something I want to gamble on. SoCal is probably my most likely option for multiple shows.

cramx3

Quote from: El Barto on September 12, 2023, 12:05:54 PM
The Februaryness of it is kind of a bummer to those of us who'd typically travel. And sadly no Wang show, where weather would be unlikely to screw things up. A month or two later I'd hit all four shows from MA to NJ, but Feb isn't something I want to gamble on. SoCal is probably my most likely option for multiple shows.

That global warming has lead to very little snow lately up here.  It's a risk, but may not be as risky as one might normally think.

I'm debating if I should do BOTH NY and NJ.  Palladium Times Square is almost 4 times the size of their typical NY show, so I kind of expect the curtain to be down and they don't sell the seats, maybe make it closer to a 1k capacity.  The NJ show at the Vogel is a small apparently 800 person GA venue.  I'd be shocked if they can pull more than 500 people out to this venue with the NYC show not that far off.  I've only been to the Vogel once and wasn't crazy about it other than the newness of it (seemed nice and clean).  But I think it could make for a good show to see them compared to where they played in NYC this year.

El Barto

Quote from: cramx3 on September 12, 2023, 01:15:13 PM

That global warming has lead to very little snow lately up here.  It's a risk, but may not be as risky as one might normally think.

I'm debating if I should do BOTH NY and NJ.  Palladium Times Square is almost 4 times the size of their typical NY show, so I kind of expect the curtain to be down and they don't sell the seats, maybe make it closer to a 1k capacity.  The NJ show at the Vogel is a small apparently 800 person GA venue.  I'd be shocked if they can pull more than 500 people out to this venue with the NYC show not that far off.  I've only been to the Vogel once and wasn't crazy about it other than the newness of it (seemed nice and clean).  But I think it could make for a good show to see them compared to where they played in NYC this year.
Unfortunately, planning a long venture like that makes me quite risk averse. Hell, February's not entirely safe in Texas.  :lol  So-Cal is pretty much the only area that I'd be confident planning ahead for, I reckon.

ReaperKK

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on September 12, 2023, 09:15:48 AM
Wow, not what I was expecting!

I guess it's time for a road trip to beautiful Asheville!

I missed them earlier this year when they came through but I'll try and catch the Asheville show.

Fritzinger

So Haken just wrapped up a whole US tour focussing on Fauna and now announce another US tour while Europe still only got a co-headliner tour with half a set for each band? Not cool.

Nick

Surprised that Philly is being skipped, as they've had good crowds there. Will hit either/both of NYC and Red Bank.

ariich

Quote from: Fritzinger on September 13, 2023, 12:49:37 AM
So Haken just wrapped up a whole US tour focussing on Fauna and now announce another US tour while Europe still only got a co-headliner tour with half a set for each band? Not cool.
Europe should happen too, don't worry. Just more complex to arrange because there are so many different countries.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Nick

It should also be noted there is a time limit for America. To make any sense they have to do the run before or after the cruise, and need to have a ton of ducks in a row in the leadup for that.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: krands85 on August 19, 2023, 05:33:23 AM
Visions/The Mountain/Affinity
Aquarius
Vector

Fauna
Virus

This is a ranking I can get on board with. I would rank exactly the same.
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

cramx3

Quote from: El Barto on September 12, 2023, 05:48:20 PM
Quote from: cramx3 on September 12, 2023, 01:15:13 PM

Unfortunately, planning a long venture like that makes me quite risk averse. Hell, February's not entirely safe in Texas.  :lol  So-Cal is pretty much the only area that I'd be confident planning ahead for, I reckon.

Yeah makes sense.  Given all the crazy ways concerts can be cancelled, risk aversion for traveling to shows is important.

Quote from: Skeever on September 12, 2023, 11:57:45 AM
Now the question is do I see it in Red Bank and drive home or do I make a night of it in times square? The latter could be more enticing if it was a chance to meet some of you fine people.

Red Bank is pretty local to me.  One could actually take a 80-90 minute train from NYC to Red Bank, venue is right near the station.  I'm like 100% sure I'm going there.  NYC is doable, but will cost more (to get there) and I'm not 100% sure I need to see this show twice since I saw them 3 times within the last two years already.  So I'm going to wait closer to the date to decide I want to go to NYC as well.

TheHoveringSojourn808

just scored a ticket to the boulder show! cost was reasonable too! super excited  :metal

PMSummer

I'm loving the news about Haken's extended tour dates, but I'm crossing my fingers for a European stop too! I'd absolutely love to see Fauna live – it's such an incredible album.

ariich

Quote from: PMSummer on September 13, 2023, 10:35:49 AM
I'm loving the news about Haken's extended tour dates, but I'm crossing my fingers for a European stop too! I'd absolutely love to see Fauna live – it's such an incredible album.
I don't know what the setlist plans will be but I'm confident there'll be a big European tour next year.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

jammindude

Ariich, any idea on they will be adding dates to this leg? Or do you think it's pretty much set in stone?

Skeever

I got my ticket for nyc. I'm smack dab in the middle, last row before the mixing board.

cramx3

Quote from: Skeever on September 13, 2023, 11:07:48 AM
I got my ticket for nyc. I'm smack dab in the middle, last row before the mixing board.

Oh wow, they put seats on the floor! Of all the shows I've seen at that venue, never seen seats on the floor.  Interesting.  They did the same with the Vogel in Red Bank, so no GA pits for these shows.

countoftuscany42

code FAUNA is working for the bandsintown presale that's currently running.  Are all venues seated? Both LA shows appear to be reserved seats at venues that are typically GA, not sure if it's an error on the ticketing side or a new strategy for Haken shows..

Decent chance I end up at both LA and Anaheim, but i guess it depends if they are actually GA or if I need to decide how much i want to spend on seats at each show

cramx3

:lol yeah, I was just guessing codes and tried FAUNA and it worked for both NYC and NJ.  Scooped up front row on Richards side for NJ.

TheHoveringSojourn808

the colorado show appears to be mostly seated with what seems like a very small standing area in the back of the seats

countoftuscany42

LA venue isn't letting you select individual seats, just best in a section  :yeahright

Really don't want to spend $85 for the best seat if the $50 seats aren't too far back, just no way to know right now  :tdwn

El Barto

Quote from: countoftuscany42 on September 13, 2023, 11:33:04 AM
LA venue isn't letting you select individual seats, just best in a section  :yeahright

Really don't want to spend $85 for the best seat if the $50 seats aren't too far back, just no way to know right now  :tdwn
Indeed. There doesn't seem to be a seating chart. I can tell you that $85 was kicking back row A (which may or may not be the front row) and $50 was returning row E (same disclaimer). Also no way of knowing where these seats are in relation to center.

Seriously, all seated? This kind of through my afternoon into chaos.

countoftuscany42

Quote from: El Barto on September 13, 2023, 11:51:39 AM
Quote from: countoftuscany42 on September 13, 2023, 11:33:04 AM

Indeed. There doesn't seem to be a seating chart. I can tell you that $85 was kicking back row A (which may or may not be the front row) and $50 was returning row E (same disclaimer). Also no way of knowing where these seats are in relation to center.

Seriously, all seated? This kind of through my afternoon into chaos.

It's disappointing because I work right up the street from the Fonda and would get a box office ticket to save on fees, but if I need to actually select a seat then I don't want to wait and let the good stuff disappear.  And after dropping $$$ for two G3 shows I don't want to spend a ton just to have a close seat.  Reached out to the venue for clarification but who knows what their response time will be..