Author Topic: Disney+: Star Wars - ANDOR - SPOILERS  (Read 10714 times)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
Re: Disney+: Star Wars - ANDOR - SPOILERS
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2022, 01:17:55 PM »
Holy hell that was good. I love how fleshed out Ferrix was as a culture. Feels like a real place with a history.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2022, 01:26:24 PM »
Such a great show. Can't wait for season 2!

Dedra Meero is a great villain, but it was great the way even she lost her shit.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2022, 01:44:03 PM »
Such a great show. Can't wait for season 2!

Dedra Meero is a great villain, but it was great the way even she lost her shit.

Yeah, the way she crumbled in the face of real consequences was brilliant

Offline The Realm

« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2022, 03:16:15 PM »
Really love the show but I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale. Looking forward to the second season but as they only just started filming it, I think we are in for a bit of a wait.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2022, 08:26:14 PM »
Loved it. What a perfect battle for this show. The beginnings of rebellion. Can't wait for season 2.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2022, 09:06:15 AM »
Really love the show but I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale. Looking forward to the second season but as they only just started filming it, I think we are in for a bit of a wait.

I can understand why you'd say that. I really liked the finale, but I was thinking to myself initially that a space battle might have been cool, or a close shave escape like we saw with Luthen and the "countermeasures" stunt.

Then on reflection, I thought what they did was great - this is the spark of rebellion, an individual community standing up to oppression for the first time. They are not well funded or organised, nor do they have the resources to go toe to toe with the Empire (yet). I'm sure we'll see more of that in the next season, but what we got was bang on appropriate for where we are in the story of the Rebellion.

I do find myself getting a bit disappointed that the other Star Wars content we've got recently hasn't been of this type of quality. It's all been a very mixed bag for me. Can you imagine if we had a trilogy with this level of acting, writing, direction? It could have been something special..

EDIT: Forgot to say - did you guys catch the post-credits scene? Very cool..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 09:45:01 AM by Logain Ablar »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2022, 06:03:19 PM »
Just chiming in to say that I thought it was awesome.  Tied everything together, none of it too neatly, plenty of ways to go next season.  But I thought it was great overall.  I do have a few nitpicks, but I'll save 'em.

Offline HOF

« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2022, 08:08:30 PM »
Definitely a great finale. Had me on the edge of my seat even though we knew Cassian would get away. Loved the slow build up with the funeral procession. You don’t see many scenes that last that long and develop that slowly in general. That was perfectly done though.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2022, 03:32:18 PM »

I loved it!  Cassian helped build the Death Star, and he helped destroy it.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2022, 11:47:40 PM »

But he was also killed by it.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline HOF

« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »

Kind of a shame that the most interesting character Star Wars has created since the original trilogy has such a short period before he dies.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2022, 02:41:40 PM »
https://youtu.be/t9Pccq0DZVc

If ANDOR was a mid-70s sci-fi TV show (has spoilers!) - I love the reworked theme song!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2022, 04:34:37 PM »

That's how it goes sometimes.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2022, 09:23:03 AM »

Kind of a shame that the most interesting character Star Wars has created since the original trilogy has such a short period before he dies.

Agreed. But we had him in one feature film, and at least two seasons of a television show. If you think about it, that's screen time on par with being in a full trilogy of films, actually more like four films. So we get a lot of him, thankfully.

Rogue One and Andor have been all around excellent. And although this is unpopular with some, including, I guess, Disney, I really enjoyed Solo. I thought it was great casting and a great movie. The only flops after the recent feature films has been the Book of Boba Fett. At least for me. I enjoyed Kenobi (not as much as Andor and The Mandalorian), minus the bad acting from the female lead who played the inquisitor. I just didn't think she was a very good actress. Although she got better as the series moved on.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2022, 10:31:12 AM »
I was so blown away by Andor and the season finale that I decided to rewatch the season.  I've never done that before, just go right back and watch it again, but there are so many characters and so many intersecting plot lines that I figured it would be good to go through it all again.

It holds up extremely well.  In fact, it occurred to me that one criterion of how well-written something is would be how well it holds up upon repeat viewings.  All those lines that characters had, which may have been throwaways at the time, or not, can turn out to have much greater meaning.  Or the opposite; does something someone said hold up, now that we know how things really are?  This series has put a lot of moving pieces out there and we don't see until later, sometimes much later, how they all fit together.  A lot of times we get the payoff and I'll remember something from two or three episodes back and go "A-ha!" because I get it.  And sometimes I don't, but upon rewatch, that seed was indeed planted.

Anyway, I've now rewatched the first six episodes, and I'm enjoying it as much as I did the first time through.  Great stuff.

Rewatch observations:

The first three episodes seemed to deal a lot of with Cassian finding his little sister and flashbacks to his home planet of Kennari.  I know there's a line later from Maarva that he should just let her go; there's no way she's still alive and/or that he'll ever find her.  And that's the last time she's referred to in the entire series (so far), and they stopped with the flashbacks after Episode 3.  Upon rewatch, it becomes more clear that there will be characters who enter and leave Andor's life, and we've got a lot of ground to cover, so there will be a lot of these side characters.  Even Kino Loy (Andy Serkis) may or may not be coming back, so it's not a matter of stunt casting.  Clem, Skeen, Nemik, and now Maarva, all gone.  Perhaps even Brasso and the others on Ferrix who survived the uprising are now in the past.  The story moves forward, and those were just people whose paths crossed Andor's at some point.

We never did find out the real connection between Luthen and Vel.  It's hinted to be more than what we see on screen.

Dedra and Syril, seriously where is this going?

There will be more "questions unanswered (so far)" I'm sure.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »
I am going to rewatch it in the next couple of weeks as well.

Season 2 is set up very nicely. So many unanswered questions (in a good way)!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2022, 12:15:33 PM »
Andor Honest Trailer is spot on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6_5fjY54oQ

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2022, 01:42:51 PM »
Finished the show last week.  I enjoyed it.  My gf and I watched the first episode some time ago and neither of us were intrigued but I kept reading about how the show was really good (after the season had ended) and there was a bit of a build up. So we got to episode 3 and were hooked, even my gf was saying to not change the show but to keep on because we were that into it.  Looking back, I thought it was quite a journey between all the things going on from the start to the end and yet it ends exactly where it started (in terms of location).  I'm super intrigued about the start of the rebellion and what we've seen so far.  Season 2 is going to be highly anticipated from me.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2022, 01:56:37 PM »
I really want to watch through this again soon, but I'm not sure when I'll have the time

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2022, 11:10:31 PM »
Who is Uncle Harlo??

Offline HOF

« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2022, 06:33:46 PM »
Who is Uncle Harlo??

If he’s anybody (part of the ethos of the show is the banality of the Empire and how ordinary, non-Sith people are responsible for the day to day operations), I think it would be a fun twist if he was Luthen.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2022, 05:53:16 AM »
Really, REALLY, impressed with this show.  It instantly goes to the top of the SW series mountain for me!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2022, 11:56:17 AM »
I'm up to Narkina 5 on my rewatch.  As well done as the prison arc was, I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to it, because I already know how it ends and the whole time there is pretty damned depressing.  But as they've always done, they cut between the other various storylines -- Mon Mothma, Luthen, the happenings on Ferrix -- and the balance was good.  The prison scenes are enough to give you the picture, depress you a bit, but it's not as horrendous as it could have been.  We get it, he's in prison doing hard labor, it sucks.  So again, I'm impressed with the rewatchability factor.  Even when you know what's going to happen, watching it play out is great because it's so well done.