Author Topic: Disney+: Star Wars - ANDOR - SPOILERS  (Read 11084 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Disney+: Star Wars - ANDOR - SPOILERS
« on: August 01, 2022, 07:56:00 AM »
https://youtu.be/Slf7dPDyvYQ

The first 3 episodes have been delayed and now release September 21 on Disney+

:metal
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:30:16 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Disney+: Star Wars - ANDOR - Official trailer inside.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 12:16:33 PM »
I'm digging the trailers and what we're being shown this show is about. It's a neat direction to take.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 10:39:23 PM »
I had no idea this was a 24 episode series. The creator says the Season 2 finale will walk right into Rogue One so I guess we know this is it.

https://www.thewrap.com/andor-season-1-preview-tony-gilroy-diego-luna/
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 02:27:30 AM »
Hot take: While it was objectively a good movie, my problem with Rogue One is that it lacked the charisma that's so prevalent in the Star Wars universe. With the exception of K-2SO and Ip Man, I found every character to be stale and boring. I love Star Wars, so I'll give this a shot.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 08:30:56 AM »
I expect it to be better than Boba Fett or Kenobi.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 08:36:20 AM »
I saw they're doing a re-release of Rogue One in IMAX at the end of this month to celebrate. May go see it as it's definitely a favorite of mine.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 01:58:15 PM »
I saw they're doing a re-release of Rogue One in IMAX at the end of this month to celebrate. May go see it as it's definitely a favorite of mine.

Rogue One is tied with Empire as my favorite Star Wars film. I went this weekend, and loved the extended look at Andor. If you loved Rogue One, the Andor series, at least from the extended look, will be right up your alley.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 02:47:41 PM »

From what I've read they're including some Andor scenes in the re-release as well to tie things together even more.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 07:00:46 PM »

Rogue One is tied with Empire as my favorite Star Wars film. I went this weekend, and loved the extended look at Andor. If you loved Rogue One, the Andor series, at least from the extended look, will be right up your alley.

Have no doubt about that, definitely looking forward to it.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 11:36:17 PM »
Hot take: While it was objectively a good movie, my problem with Rogue One is that it lacked the charisma that's so prevalent in the Star Wars universe. With the exception of K-2SO and Ip Man, I found every character to be stale and boring. I love Star Wars, so I'll give this a shot.

Yeah, that's my opinion on Rogue One.  First half is a real chore to get though.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 03:12:12 AM »
I actually really appreciate that the lead characters of Rogue One were not the typical charismatic leads. And this makes sense to me given their backgrounds.

Rogue One, to me, gave the Star Wars films a much needed film that actually displayed the "war" bit. I think Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film (behind Empire). Don't get me wrong, I don't want Star Wars to turn into this more bleak war torn universe, but I do think it is a great addition to the universe.

I wasn't excited for a prequel to a prequel, but the trailer I just watched looks great.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2022, 08:32:58 AM »
Anyone else watch the extended first look on D+?

This show looks awesome. I really hope it lives up to it's potential. We need a great Star Wars show after Boba Fett and Obi Wan were both disappointing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2022, 09:16:19 AM »
Anyone else watch the extended first look on D+?

Nope.....wasn't aware there was one....now that I know I'll check it out  :tup

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 07:29:15 PM »
I rarely have time to watch movies these days, so watching a movie I've already seen is even more unlikely. But any time I think I might have time to watch a film, I always think about watching Rogue One again. I remember enjoying the experience, but that's about it. I haven't seen a lick of material from this new Andor series, but it might be the impetus for me to both watch Rogue One again, and get in to a new TV series, which I haven't done since The Mandolorian.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 09:59:34 PM »
I loved Rogue One.  As someone who grew up on Star Wars in real time with the original trilogy, felt largely let down by the prequels, and liked most of the sequels, I feel that Rogue One surpassed them all and is easily my favorite Star Wars film. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 08:19:40 AM »
Rogue One is right behind Empire Strikes Back for me. I'm planning to watch it again before Andor.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 02:18:26 PM »
I definitely think that Rogue One is the best SW film that is not Episode 4, 5, or 6.  Not even close.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2022, 10:25:18 AM »
Just finished episode three! That was rousing and action packed, definitely a good decision to premiere all three episodes together. They really work well as a set and a good start to the series, giving Andor his inciting incident and getting all the gears in motion.

I was hyped for this before, especially with how well the trailers were cut, but now I'm VERY excited for this! And we get 21 more episodes as well!! Here's hoping the quality keeps up as we go along!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 11:21:17 AM »
Can't wait to watch it. The wife and I are going out this evening, so we will need to unfortunately wait until Friday night, but we're psyched.  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 06:39:04 PM »
Outstanding stuff so far. This is what we've been waiting for.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 06:41:42 PM »
Forgot this started. Hope to get caught up the next couple nights!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online faizoff

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 08:44:23 PM »
First two episodes took a while to get going, 3rd episode made it worth it. Love the aesthetics of the show. Tone is a lot more serious than more Star Wars shows/movies.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 08:44:41 PM »
That was awesome. My only complaint is that the score was pretty unremarkable and not very Star Warsy.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 08:51:08 AM »
I'm not reading the thread, just jumping in to say - I CAN'T WAIT until I can watch this on Friday with the fam. I'm a huge Rogue One nutcase fan, and the early reviews have said this is amazing. My wife and I went to dinner last night, so we couldn't watch it, and I'm not home tonight, so we've got dinner plans so that all of us are together to watch it. CANNOT WAIT!  :metal

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2022, 10:45:00 AM »
Watched the first three episodes on Friday evening. Really enjoyed them. A buddy said it felt a bit like a Bourne movie, and I agree, at least the vibe of the first three, which set up the story.

I also really liked the gritty feel to the picture. It felt honest and real, which I expected. There wasn't much "Star Wars" so far, but you needed this intro to get into the story. I think it was very well done. Looking forward to the next episodes when they are available.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2022, 10:58:26 AM »
A buddy said it felt a bit like a Bourne movie, and I agree, at least the vibe of the first three, which set up the story.

Considering that the writer for the first three episodes was Tony Gilroy, that makes perfect sense. He wrote the original Bourne trilogy of films, and directed the fourth one. He also co-wrote Rogue One.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2022, 01:27:34 PM »
Funny enough, I knew he co-wrote Rogue One...but as a casual fan of the Bourne stuff, I had no idea he wrote that. So it works.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2022, 01:48:17 PM »
Finally watched all these.....great show! Very interesting and it has such a cool feel and atmosphere.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2022, 01:56:24 PM »
Is this worth signing back up to Disney+ for? Even with its flaws, Rogue One is the only one of the recent movies that has any replay value for me.

I like the sound of the more serious tone. Hopefully no blue titty milk in sight..  :lol

Will be interesting to see if the Saw Gerrera character is developed any further. I always thought that storyline was a bit choppy in R1.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2022, 02:19:13 PM »
Four episodes in and it’s a pretty good show. If you like R1 I’m sure you’ll dig this.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2022, 07:29:54 PM »
Is this worth signing back up to Disney+ for? Even with its flaws, Rogue One is the only one of the recent movies that has any replay value for me.

I like the sound of the more serious tone. Hopefully no blue titty milk in sight..  :lol

Will be interesting to see if the Saw Gerrera character is developed any further. I always thought that storyline was a bit choppy in R1.

SPOILERS:

Saw Guerera was mentioned on ep4

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2022, 08:15:37 PM »

SPOILERS:

Saw Guerera was mentioned on ep4

Yep, and promotional material and trailers have shown Saw Gerrera in the series speaking with Luthen, so he'll show up eventually.

As of episode 4, we do get some hints and Easter egg tie-ins to the greater SW history, particularly moments surrounding Rogue One, so I think these references and possible cameos will keep coming, especially with two 12-episode seasons ordered!

-Marc.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: Disney+: Star Wars - ANDOR - SPOILERS
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2022, 08:25:37 PM »
I love the atmosphere of this show. I wish I could just binge watch the whole thing. I was bummed when the episode ended.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2022, 09:19:54 PM »
I love the atmosphere of this show. I wish I could just binge watch the whole thing. I was bummed when the episode ended.

Goddamn do I feel ya on that one. I'll say it again...this show, for me at least, is finally showing what playing in the Star Wars universe is capable of. Without any gimmicks or token fan service, it's just crushing what for me is the real SW vibe. Just loving every second of it so far.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2022, 09:39:48 PM »
Four episodes in, and I'm hooked.  I wondered out loud to Mrs. Orbert how many episodes there will be.  She figured like six or eight, which is what most of these types of shows get.  We're getting 24?!  I had no idea.  I figured the mission to rob the Imperial payroll was going to be the big deal, since I was assuming we're halfway through already, but not now.  It'll just be the first of hopefully several missions.  With even 12 episodes per season, we have time for some ups and downs, some buildup and payoff.  Very cool.